AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Peter So Man Fung-Feng shui consultant

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 pinyin753

pinyin753

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:31 AM

Peter so Man fung is very famous consutant (feng shui) in Hong Kong...
Just want to know if anyone or known anyone gone to Peter so and if so...do they think he is accurate in predicting.
thanks

Edited by pinyin753, 21 December 2009 - 03:34 AM.

#2 Sassyish

Sassyish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

my man's brother went to him to discuss auspicious wedding dates back in 2007.. (cost him hkd $6000)
however the date that so man fung picked out (which was supposedly the luckiest in the year for weddings) clashed with the bride and/or groom's zodiac signs, and in the end they didn't go with his choice. so basically, it was a waste of $6000 for them.

that's the only experience with him that i can share.

#3 sun7630

sun7630

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:06 AM

that is expensive....and it probably took him 10 minutes to pick the day

#4 Big_Boss

Big_Boss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:17 AM

I like how people believe in this crap. No wonder a lot of people are in debt.

It's definitely a good scam and way for these asshats to make money.

Live your life and wait for the unexpected to happen.

#5 Guest_Ramada Buci_*

Guest_Ramada Buci_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:50 AM

That isn't the first time that I've heard about this So Man Fung guy doing damage to people's lives by charging them an arm and a leg and feed them some wrong advice.

A good friend of mine who's a webmaster of a very famous Chinese metaphysical forum said that his partner's brother did the same thing, and went to this "SO" guy for an auspicious date to get married, only to be given such a badly configured date and time that my friend, the webmaster as well as a Feng Shui master, was so shocked and alarmed to have been told that.

I guess these guys are just out there to rip people off to make a quick buck.

#6 Big_Boss

Big_Boss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

They are ripping people off indriectly, but maybe if these idiots did their research beforehand they'd know how to spend their money wisely.

#7 pinyin753

pinyin753

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:40 PM

Have anyone tried the palmistry and face reading beside picking dates?

#8 Big_Boss

Big_Boss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:40 AM

Have anyone tried the palmistry and face reading beside picking dates?

Again, no one can predict the future unless they already know what the root of the situation is... only then they can provide us a definite answer or a probability.

This crap with the way stars are lined up and the moon... that sh*t only determines a direction in survival... I'm talking about being lost in a jungle or desert physically.

#9 pinyin753

pinyin753

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

i didn't meant to give that impression that those palmistry and feng shui consultant are 100% accurate in predicting the future. That is why I am asking for people's experience beside date picking. If you don't believe in it you are entitle to your believe as others are entitle to yours. This topic thread is to share your experience not your believes.

#10 Guest_Chinaboytje_*

Guest_Chinaboytje_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Does anybody know his number so we can contact him??

#11 nomad 822

nomad 822

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2212 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

Does anybody know his number so we can contact him??

Don't know this dude - is he the skinny dude with the ponytail who always makes predictions at the beginning of every zodiac yr? Try googling him it he's that famous.

But seriously think again, if you want to be charged HK$6K for something as simple as picking a date; and probably more for anything more complicated.

Interesting reading through the comments here.

This guy dishes out an arbitary lucky date - ie one that is so general that it is a 'known' lucky day - ie applicable to EVERYONE.
Nevermind if it clashes with individual horoscopes and Chinese zodiac signs. birth dates, birth times etc. Why do people even pay money for this type of info that you can look up if these dates are going to be so generalised anyway?

The yearly predictions of another HK geomancer, feng-shui predictor (that lady in glasses, whose name I forget) - 3/4 of the time, the supposed predictions she makes, I can make too. They're so obvious or common sense or logical.

Even more so if you know the insider scoop and history of the couple, people, situations involved.
for eg if some celeb couple's marriage isn't going so well or if he's constantly sighted in other females' company at night or clubbing... sure it's 99% safe to say they could possibly divorce within the year. Or if you know a couple has been trying all ways and means to conceive - to predict that a baby could possibly be in the works for the following yr isn't so hard to know, or so far off a prediction (ie IF it happens = See I was 100% accurate. IF it doesn't = Well, I did say "possibly") Posted Image

And the thing about these 'fortune tellers' - they are well versed in individual/group psychology and body language, ie they can 'fish' and flesh out background info with a few seemingly irrelevant questions. Press the right buttons that tell them what they need to know.
Or size up clients and their backgrounds, just read people right - often without the clients' even realising it.

And since their answers are seldom 100% committal anyway - ie their predictions are 'possibly' and vague, that predictions could be taken either way.

When they're right, of course the superstitious believers will reinforce their belief and say how wonderfully accurate these fortune tellers are.

Edited by nomad 822, 20 September 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#12 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

I have been to a fortune teller that only cost $20 USD for 1 hour and he was accurate in some aspects, but not all... HOwever, he was worth going to for some guidance. I was scammed by some soul called psychics who don't know anything at all. One of them said some things that may be accurate but most of it was BS. I lost about $100 and learned my lesson the hard way... I vow to not believe in this BS stuff anymore...

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Metaphysics is not as simple as A, B, C. It takes a lot of study and research. You have to compare predictions from at least 3 masters as parameters . Each master has his/her own interpretation and their predictions although not in sync, they are not entirely wrong. For example when you pick an auspicious date, some master only compares the zodiac of your year of birth, but some take an in depth steps looking at the zodiacs of your month, day and hour of your birth. So although your year of birth may be contradict with the auspicious date, but your month, day and hour are all in sync with the date and thus can be good for you. And when you pick a wedding date, it gets more complicated as it involves 2 people with different zodiac signs. Sometimes it is so hard to sync all your year, month, date and hour to the selected auspicious date, the master has to pick the best analysis that he can comes up with but a different master might disagree with the analysis and probably has his own analysis.

#14 Guest_artsu_*

Guest_artsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

If anyone is stupid enough to go to these guys, then they deserve to lose their money. The So Man Fong in question spends his time in clubs and shopping. His weekends start on Wednesday and finish on Sunday night, so basically he manages to work 3 days per week. That is when he is not in Milan or Tokyo for clothes shopping, visiting his new house to check on the renovation work, etc.. Good for him though, i guess he is on to something.Posted Image

#15 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

When will it be my turn to scam morons into giving me $6k to pick a random marriage date and explain it with some bs pseudoscience?

#16 teddyc

teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Feng shui, palmistry, face readings are kind of like statistics. It's been observed and recorded and has a confidence interval of 95%. Can it be wrong, sure. Has it been proven to be correct, yes. No need to dis this. If it makes you sleep better at night, then believe it. If you could careless about it, pretend it doesn't exist then.

Edited by teddyc, 07 February 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#17 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

Feng shui, palmistry, face readings are kind of like statistics. It's been observed and recorded and has a confidence interval of 95%. Can it be wrong, sure. Has it been proven to be correct, yes. No need to dis this. If it makes you sleep better at night, then believe it. If you could careless about it, pretend it doesn't exist then.

I want to believe but skeptical hippo is skeptical. I've never heard of any kind of statistics used to predict marriage dates and their luck on said day or w/e (how does one even measure luck?). The idea of a 95% CI for that seems impossible to me. You'd have to have tonnes of data. Weather data, traffic patterns, stocks, all dat cht would have to be factored in to predict a lucky or unlucky day. Already that's not possible because weather predictions aren't 100% and if stock predictions were, the market would break. You can't prove something correct just cos one time the guy got lucky and predicted xyz would be a lucky day (a general term at that). In order to individualize palm readings etc you'd also have to have tonnes of data about the individual (clearly that doesn't exist).

#18 teddyc

teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

I want to believe but skeptical hippo is skeptical. I've never heard of any kind of statistics used to predict marriage dates and their luck on said day or w/e (how does one even measure luck?). The idea of a 95% CI for that seems impossible to me. You'd have to have tonnes of data. Weather data, traffic patterns, stocks, all dat cht would have to be factored in to predict a lucky or unlucky day. Already that's not possible because weather predictions aren't 100% and if stock predictions were, the market would break. You can't prove something correct just cos one time the guy got lucky and predicted xyz would be a lucky day (a general term at that). In order to individualize palm readings etc you'd also have to have tonnes of data about the individual (clearly that doesn't exist).

2000 years of data passed on through experience. Sure there may have been stuff missing along the way and refound. I'm not trying to persuade you to believe in something that you current don't but just think of feng shui etc as an angle on interpreting some events. Another angle that helps explain things is an optical interpretation. Just more stuff to think about when considering something.

#19 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

2000 years of data passed on through experience. Sure there may have been stuff missing along the way and refound. I'm not trying to persuade you to believe in something that you current don't but just think of feng shui etc as an angle on interpreting some events. Another angle that helps explain things is an optical interpretation. Just more stuff to think about when considering something.

I'm a science type of guy. 2000 years of unrecorded data hardly qualifies as evidence to me. Hell, I don't even know where you got a 95% CI with no concrete data. In your opinion Feng shui etc is real. In my opinion (belief) it's a waste of time and cash. Unless you have qualifying evidence it's really along the lines of religion etc. It's based on faith and faith alone.

Edited by DrBroscientist, 08 February 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#20 teddyc

teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

I'm a science type of guy. 2000 years of unrecorded data hardly qualifies as evidence to me. Hell, I don't even know where you got a 95% CI with no concrete data. In your opinion Feng shui etc is real. In my opinion (belief) it's a waste of time and cash. Unless you have qualifying evidence it's really along the lines of religion etc. It's based on faith and faith alone.

I'm a science guy as well. Today, there are still many things that can't be explained with science. Metaphysics tries, with varying accuracy, to explain some of things that we see happen but can't be explained by science.

Let's try this exercise. Face reading says that people have flat noses have low confidence. However, some of us on this forum hear preach that confidence is something that can be learned. Why don't you go and collect some data by observing and try to interact with people who have flat noses and see if they have low confidence. There's nothing for you to lose, and here's an opportunity to collect some first hand data.

#21 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

I'm a science guy as well. Today, there are still many things that can't be explained with science. Metaphysics tries, with varying accuracy, to explain some of things that we see happen but can't be explained by science.

Let's try this exercise. Face reading says that people have flat noses have low confidence. However, some of us on this forum hear preach that confidence is something that can be learned. Why don't you go and collect some data by observing and try to interact with people who have flat noses and see if they have low confidence. There's nothing for you to lose, and here's an opportunity to collect some first hand data.

How bout I not waste my time? In order to prove to some guy on the net that Feng shui is bs you expect me to spend my time on some report? Flat noses are subjective, and I'd also need to find a decent sample as well as choose a good number. I do not have the skills or motive required to conduct a scientific study like that. A better thing to do is how bout you provide proof that Feng shui etc works? And by proof I don't mean some biased website quote or a crappy study done by some 2nd rate website.

#22 teddyc

teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

How bout I not waste my time? In order to prove to some guy on the net that Feng shui is bs you expect me to spend my time on some report? Flat noses are subjective, and I'd also need to find a decent sample as well as choose a good number. I do not have the skills or motive required to conduct a scientific study like that. A better thing to do is how bout you provide proof that Feng shui etc works? And by proof I don't mean some biased website quote or a crappy study done by some 2nd rate website.

I'm not trying to convince you to believe in this stuff. I don't believe that much in this stuff, but it gives a different perspective to everything I see. Suit yourself, I don't gain anything if you believe in it. But you narrow your scope of vision down to too few perspectives if you out right rule out this subject.

I'm surprised that a scientist like yourself would have the galls to say "provide proof that something works". Even in the case with science, it's only a matter of time before a scientific conclusion gets debunked by another scientific conclusion. Science is not absolute. Try penicillin. It might save your life, but it'll kill me in seconds. Can we say that penicillin is a life saver....I sure hope you don't.

#23 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

I'm not trying to convince you to believe in this stuff. I don't believe that much in this stuff, but it gives a different perspective to everything I see. Suit yourself, I don't gain anything if you believe in it. But you narrow your scope of vision down to too few perspectives if you out right rule out this subject.

I'm surprised that a scientist like yourself would have the galls to say "provide proof that something works". Even in the case with science, it's only a matter of time before a scientific conclusion gets debunked by another scientific conclusion. Science is not absolute. Try penicillin. It might save your life, but it'll kill me in seconds. Can we say that penicillin is a life saver....I sure hope you don't.

Well then why are we arguing in the first place? I don't mind narrowing my vision if what get's removed outside the scope is almost certainly false. I've never seen the world in its entirety but I completely rule out the possibility that it's flat, and I'm sure most people do to. There's a difference between scorning a probable possibility and an improbable possibility.

Granted, a lot of science as we know it will probably undergo refinement, but your analogy doesn't work. Sure, proof might come along and debunk a current scientific theory but at the least, existing theories have proof and/or evidence. Scientists don't just go "hey I got this new theory that the sun's alive and is called Bob" without some kinda supportive evidence. I can safely say that penicillin is a life saver. Sure, it might kill you specifically, but it also saves lives and has been PROVEN to cure certain ailments. What your analogy amounts to is essentially "Try water. It might save your life, but it'll kill me in seconds". In this analogy we're clearly skewing water's properties. In general it's required to live. In actuality it can kill via overconsumption and other means. Feng shui has no proof or evidence. It's pseudoscience at best.

#24 teddyc

teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

Well then why are we arguing in the first place? I don't mind narrowing my vision if what get's removed outside the scope is almost certainly false. I've never seen the world in its entirety but I completely rule out the possibility that it's flat, and I'm sure most people do to. There's a difference between scorning a probable possibility and an improbable possibility.

Granted, a lot of science as we know it will probably undergo refinement, but your analogy doesn't work. Sure, proof might come along and debunk a current scientific theory but at the least, existing theories have proof and/or evidence. Scientists don't just go "hey I got this new theory that the sun's alive and is called Bob" without some kinda supportive evidence. I can safely say that penicillin is a life saver. Sure, it might kill you specifically, but it also saves lives and has been PROVEN to cure certain ailments. What your analogy amounts to is essentially "Try water. It might save your life, but it'll kill me in seconds". In this analogy we're clearly skewing water's properties. In general it's required to live. In actuality it can kill via overconsumption and other means. Feng shui has no proof or evidence. It's pseudoscience at best.

Bold above is what I mean when you come across high handed with a narrow point of view. Metaphysics is not a science, never did I say it was. It's a point of view used to describe what we can't explain. We can think of it as statistics, it's been recorded on paper that certain characteristics leads to certain outcomes, but it's not absolute. You give the impression that science is absolute because it works on a majority of people or can provide an explanation that blankets the majority of plausible holes.

I just have one message for you, open your mind and you will see. Great minds need more information to come up with solutions and I use the plural for a reason. Being narrow minded and weeding out possibilities will only give you an answer but never a solution.

#25 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

Bold above is what I mean when you come across high handed with a narrow point of view. Metaphysics is not a science, never did I say it was. It's a point of view used to describe what we can't explain. We can think of it as statistics, it's been recorded on paper that certain characteristics leads to certain outcomes, but it's not absolute. You give the impression that science is absolute because it works on a majority of people or can provide an explanation that blankets the majority of plausible holes.

I just have one message for you, open your mind and you will see. Great minds need more information to come up with solutions and I use the plural for a reason. Being narrow minded and weeding out possibilities will only give you an answer but never a solution.

Bro it's hardly statistical if there's no data is it? You're telling me "XYZ the Feng shui dude can predict the future cos he's got 2000 years of experience handed down to him" based on nothing. Statistics is the analysis of data, which you have none of. Besides, Feng shui hardly preaches statistics. Practioners aren't going "Thursday will be a lucky day because my 2000 years of statistical data has shown that it will". Instead they're going "Thursday will be a lucky day because your ying and yang line are in unity" or some bs like that. I fail to see how statistics, if Feng shui were based on such things, could be used to predict the "luckiness" of a specific date possibly months ahead of time. You're not telling me 2000 years of Feng shui practioners managed to devise a way to predict the weather, traffic patterns, the migration patterns of birds (what if a bird wants to poop on your head?), and a hundred other factors to enable a genuine prediction are you? Because frankly without a super computer, it's likely not even possible to analyze all that at the same time in an integrated form. A thousand years ago they could not even have conceived of cars. You're telling me the "data" if it exists, collected from then can be used to accurately predict whether or not a car's gonna hit me on Thursday?

I never said you said metaphysics was a science. It was your analogy into science that I was addressing. Don't even know why you decided to think that. I never even said science was absolute. It seems to me like you ignored everything I said, found an "impression" and decided fuk it, let's argue about this new topic because I can't refute the old.

You're calling me narrow minded. I call you deluded. Great minds need to be open to possibilities but there is a difference between open minded and fantastical. I can't say for sure that I'm not a brain in a vat and this universe is real. Would people call me a crackpot if all of a sudden I tried to jump off a 20 storey building in order to free myself from this reality? Of course. There are no absolutes in this world. The only absolute is that you as an individual exist, and even that can be questioned so it's not really an absolute. Everything else could be a simulation. To live life based on the remote chance that this fantastical idea (brain in a vat) is real would be enough for most people to think you crazy. And don't tell me all the great minds (Darwin etc) were considered crackpots until proven right. What they pushed forward had a basis. This has none.

#26 teddyc

teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Bro it's hardly statistical if there's no data is it? You're telling me "XYZ the Feng shui dude can predict the future cos he's got 2000 years of experience handed down to him" based on nothing. Statistics is the analysis of data, which you have none of. Besides, Feng shui hardly preaches statistics. Practioners aren't going "Thursday will be a lucky day because my 2000 years of statistical data has shown that it will". Instead they're going "Thursday will be a lucky day because your ying and yang line are in unity" or some bs like that. I fail to see how statistics, if Feng shui were based on such things, could be used to predict the "luckiness" of a specific date possibly months ahead of time. You're not telling me 2000 years of Feng shui practioners managed to devise a way to predict the weather, traffic patterns, the migration patterns of birds (what if a bird wants to poop on your head?), and a hundred other factors to enable a genuine prediction are you? Because frankly without a super computer, it's likely not even possible to analyze all that at the same time in an integrated form. A thousand years ago they could not even have conceived of cars. You're telling me the "data" if it exists, collected from then can be used to accurately predict whether or not a car's gonna hit me on Thursday?

I never said you said metaphysics was a science. It was your analogy into science that I was addressing. Don't even know why you decided to think that. I never even said science was absolute. It seems to me like you ignored everything I said, found an "impression" and decided fuk it, let's argue about this new topic because I can't refute the old.

You're calling me narrow minded. I call you deluded. Great minds need to be open to possibilities but there is a difference between open minded and fantastical. I can't say for sure that I'm not a brain in a vat and this universe is real. Would people call me a crackpot if all of a sudden I tried to jump off a 20 storey building in order to free myself from this reality? Of course. There are no absolutes in this world. The only absolute is that you as an individual exist, and even that can be questioned so it's not really an absolute. Everything else could be a simulation. To live life based on the remote chance that this fantastical idea (brain in a vat) is real would be enough for most people to think you crazy. And don't tell me all the great minds (Darwin etc) were considered crackpots until proven right. What they pushed forward had a basis. This has none.

Relax my friend. Maybe we started on the wrong foot here, but why don't you define data as per your own understanding of use of it, and then we'll chat some more. But I got to say, some of the examples you pulled in your first paragraph were really bad examples. Predict the weather? When did metaphysics ever do that?

I like listening to ideas and perspectives. All ideas and all perspectives. Listen to everything and then run my numbers on them. I don't accept answers, but I accept explanations. If a scientists gives me an answer without the explanation, I'll just ignore him. Why? Because he thinks he's talking to me on his pedestal and I need to accept everything that he says. If a child tells me something with a thoroughly thought out explanation to back it up, I'm more than happy to think about it because he's giving me his perspective. I don't see a reason why you would want to purposely block out a well explained perspective if it can add depth to what you're thinking about.

#27 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Relax my friend. Maybe we started on the wrong foot here, but why don't you define data as per your own understanding of use of it, and then we'll chat some more. But I got to say, some of the examples you pulled in your first paragraph were really bad examples. Predict the weather? When did metaphysics ever do that?

I like listening to ideas and perspectives. All ideas and all perspectives. Listen to everything and then run my numbers on them. I don't accept answers, but I accept explanations. If a scientists gives me an answer without the explanation, I'll just ignore him. Why? Because he thinks he's talking to me on his pedestal and I need to accept everything that he says. If a child tells me something with a thoroughly thought out explanation to back it up, I'm more than happy to think about it because he's giving me his perspective. I don't see a reason why you would want to purposely block out a well explained perspective if it can add depth to what you're thinking about.

Bro where exactly did I even mention metaphysics in my previous post? What you're saying is that Feng shui is statistical. That's not metaphysical. If you're saying Feng shui is simply a metaphysical concept then it's not even valid. It's not real. It's abstract and has no basis in practical application. You're saying that Feng shui uses 2000 years of past experience to statistically predict fortune.

I would not listen to a child. That's akin to listening to a guy who knows nothing about medicine talk to me about how to cure myself of hyperthyroidism. Your perspective so far has not been well explained at all. I would more than happily discuss philosophy such as morality but this ain't it. So far all you've done is told me it's based on statistics and done nothing to refute my rebuttals.

#28 teddyc

teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Bro where exactly did I even mention metaphysics in my previous post? What you're saying is that Feng shui is statistical. That's not metaphysical. If you're saying Feng shui is simply a metaphysical concept then it's not even valid. It's not real. It's abstract and has no basis in practical application. You're saying that Feng shui uses 2000 years of past experience to statistically predict fortune.

I would not listen to a child. That's akin to listening to a guy who knows nothing about medicine talk to me about how to cure myself of hyperthyroidism. Your perspective so far has not been well explained at all. I would more than happily discuss philosophy such as morality but this ain't it. So far all you've done is told me it's based on statistics and done nothing to refute my rebuttals.

Dude, you haven't answered any of my questions in this thread or any other thread. But let's stick to this here, define data.

FYI, metaphysics is a translation of the word 玄學 in Chinese. 玄學 covers everything from feng shui to face reading to palmistry.

Edited by teddyc, 09 February 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#29 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Dude, you haven't answered any of my questions in this thread or any other thread. But let's stick to this here, define data.

lolwut. I've answered or refuted pretty much everything you've said in this thread (not gonna go back and see if I accidently missed any). I'll stick to the dictionary term. Data: Facts and statistics collected together for reference or analysis.

#30 teddyc

teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

lolwut. I've answered or refuted pretty much everything you've said in this thread (not gonna go back and see if I accidently missed any). I'll stick to the dictionary term. Data: Facts and statistics collected together for reference or analysis.

Does the collection have to be written? It can be stored in your head. Why aren't facts recited from someone's memory considered as a collection of reference material? Because your narrow interpretation of data consists only of lists of numbers in a book sitting on a university library's shelf.

You have refuted nothing here today. The only thing you've done is continued with your narrow interpretation of the words data and science. You have also successfully convinced me that you believe a narrow vision of this world is better than a wider multiperspective one. You think it's wrong to look at things through different lenses. Thank you, you just made everyone that read this thread dumber.

Edited by teddyc, 09 February 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#31 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Does the collection have to be written? It can be stored in your head. Why aren't facts recited from someone's memory considered as a collection of reference material? Because your narrow interpretation of data consists only of lists of numbers in a book sitting on a university library's shelf.

You have refuted nothing here today. The only thing you've done is continued with your narrow interpretation of the words data and science. You have also successfully convinced me that you believe a narrow vision of this world is better than a wider multiperspective one. You think it's wrong to look at things through different lenses. Thank you, you just made everyone that read this thread dumber.

The collection has to be recorded. Data can be recorded in your head, I didn't say they couldn't. Once again you're making baseless accusations here. You however, have shown me no proof of this recorded data. Get someone who has such data, and see if he's written it down. It's the modern world. Paper is cheaply available. Surely out of the thousands of Feng shui practitioner's at least one has physically recorded his data. And besides, this goes back to my previous post where I've made it clear it's not possible for ancient Chinese Feng shui practitioners to have recorded a LOT of things that would be relevant to the modern world. Climate has changed, cars exist, computers exist, thousands of species of plants and animals have gone extinct. Those would all factor into a prediction.

I've refuted everything here today. The only thing you've done is continued with your nonsensical ramblings about why Feng shui is real with absolutely ZERO supportive evidence. Your only rebuttal thus far is "herp derp the data is in their heads so sorry I can't prove it". You have also successfully convinced me that you believe a fantastical vision of this world is better than a wide and logical one. You think it's wrong to look at things through logic. Thank you, you just made everyone that read this thread dumber. Good luck with your lack of logic goals of 2013 and lol in the end you had to resort to insults cos you couldn't support your argument.

#32 teddyc

teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

The collection has to be recorded. Data can be recorded in your head, I didn't say they couldn't. Once again you're making baseless accusations here. You however, have shown me no proof of this recorded data. Get someone who has such data, and see if he's written it down. It's the modern world. Paper is cheaply available. Surely out of the thousands of Feng shui practitioner's at least one has physically recorded his data. And besides, this goes back to my previous post where I've made it clear it's not possible for ancient Chinese Feng shui practitioners to have recorded a LOT of things that would be relevant to the modern world. Climate has changed, cars exist, computers exist, thousands of species of plants and animals have gone extinct. Those would all factor into a prediction.

I've refuted everything here today. The only thing you've done is continued with your nonsensical ramblings about why Feng shui is real with absolutely ZERO supportive evidence. Your only rebuttal thus far is "herp derp the data is in their heads so sorry I can't prove it". You have also successfully convinced me that you believe a fantastical vision of this world is better than a wide and logical one. You think it's wrong to look at things through logic. Thank you, you just made everyone that read this thread dumber. Good luck with your lack of logic goals of 2013 and lol in the end you had to resort to insults cos you couldn't support your argument.

You just contradicted yourself. You accept that it's in his head, but you need him to write it down now? Why? To suit your convenience of seeing the world more narrowly?

Did I ever in this thread say that? No. I said it adds perspective.

So other then plagiarizing me, you've done nothing.

Refute? So what did you gain by refuting everything that was said? I found that you're narrow minded and unlikely to succeed outside the protection of a university campus....oh and I also made some passive income from my business. How did you fare today?

Edited by teddyc, 09 February 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#33 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

That's it. Ignored.

Ooohhhh looks like I hit a nerve there folks.Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by DrBroscientist, 09 February 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#34 teddyc

teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1050 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

^ Fabrication

#35 DrBroscientist

DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

^ Fabrication

LOL you claim you ignore me, then I rustle your jimmies so badly you delete your ignore post and reveal you didn't really ignore me. Strong everything bro.

Jokes on you too, I took a screenie.

Posted Image

You just contradicted yourself. You accept that it's in his head, but you need him to write it down now? Why? To suit your convenience of seeing the world more narrowly?

Did I ever in this thread say that? No. I said it adds perspective.

So other then plagiarizing me, you've done nothing.

Refute? So what did you gain by refuting everything that was said? I found that you're narrow minded and unlikely to succeed outside the protection of a university campus....oh and I also made some passive income from my business. How did you fare today?

Well, after editing your "That's it. Ignored." post and trying to ninja post me so I don't notice this and it seems like I gave up, the jokes on you bro. Your new post still sucks balls.

I DON'T accept that it's in his head. I simply claim that it can be in his head. If it indeed is in his head then there's no problem in acquiring a hard copy is there? Oh hi there folks, I have proof of aliens but it's in my head. Don't worry, I don't need to provide physical proof even though I can. Just believe me man cos otherwise you're being narrow minded. Strong lack of understanding of the word "contradiction" bro, and by bro I mean never my bro.

Yesterday I made some passive income from my business, how did you fare today?

Rather, why am I arguing with some neckbeard who edited his ignore post and tried to make it so I didn't notice his shitty rebuttal?

Edited by DrBroscientist, 10 February 2013 - 03:56 AM.