AF needs funding again

Photo

Kate Tsui defended herself of the rumor for "Being Kept" by a rich guy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36601 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:17 AM

Kate Tsui defended herself of the rumor for "Being Kept" by a rich guy
Monday January 11, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image

Beautify and wisdom are usually the main quality the judges are looking for in the Miss Hong Kong Contest. When one gets the Miss Hong Kong title, she can almost guarantee fame and needless to say, she would be the target for the rich and famous to pursue. Recent media reports that former Miss Hong Kong Tracy Yip and Carrie Lam have been "Kept" (包養) by rich guys. Yesterday, a magazine reported Kate Tsui, Miss Hong Kong 2003 is involved with a rich man after breaking up with her director boyfriend Yau Nai Hoi.

A magazine reported that Kate has been pursued by a rich man called Mr. K. Since the break up with her boyfriend, she has now moved to a property worth 15 million HKD in "Residence Bel-Air". Kate was spotted having lunch with Mr. K in Central District on New Year's day. Earlier, Carrie was rumored that she is being "looked after" by an entrepreneur and she is being "Kept" in an exclusive apartment in Beverly Hill. Tracy, however has a boss to look after her and she receives 300,000 HKD a month for her keep. Former Miss Hong Kong such as Sharon Luk, Monica Chan, Sonija Kwok and Michelle Ye have all been rumored that they either have relationship with rich men or being "Kept" by them.

Kate said she hasn't seen the magazine report, she only heard about it from her manager. Kate's manager, spoke on her behalf denied the rumor, saying "In fact, Kate had already told the magazine on Sunday that their report is not true. The magazine has made it all up. She didn't have lunch on New Year's day in Central as she was working all day. Kate rented an apartment in Residence Bel-Air and she has been paying the rent for a while. A while ago, paparazzi have taken pictures of her apartment secretly too." Kate is very unhappy about the media report, but there is not much she can do about it. Kate is planning to make an announcement tomorrow during an activity to clarify the rumor.

Source:MingPao
Translator: R.E.D @ http://www.asianvn.com

#2 seriously_disfunctional

seriously_disfunctional

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:54 AM

Although I don't know if any of these rumors are true, as a girl, I sympathize with these artists who are rumored to being "kept". Just because their colleagues are in this situation, doesn't they are as well. In my opinion, being called "kept" is really degrading for a woman who's working real hard to earn her money and focus on her career. But if that's the lifestyle they choose, then who am I to say they are wrong? We all have our own lives to live.

#3 meandarkpairofshades

meandarkpairofshades

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

money is king!!!

#4 Tumby_tum

Tumby_tum

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

Surprise that Kate will have this rumour. Even tho she won the MHK title but I don't see any beauty in her!!! If the man has $$$.. why would he 'kept' Kate? Also, didn't know that she has a boyfriend before.

#5 Minako

Minako

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

It seems to be a norm for such unfortunate rumor to spread from one Miss Hong Kong to another. Maybe the paparazzi really can't hold on to their business if they don't make up something like this. I feel for Kate, hopefully the clarification would allow this topic to stop.

#6 xoxoxo

xoxoxo

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1645 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

I'm not surprised that kate would do that cause a lot of stars do that even tho they insist that they don't do it. I don't think it is that bad, it is pretty normal in the entertainment business

#7 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36601 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:03 AM

Kate Tsui denies stepping into wealth, says the report is like a <The Beauty of the Game> sequel
Tuesday January 12, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily, Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Recently Kate Tsui had been accused of sudden wealth as she ruthlessly breaks up with rumored director boyfriend (Yau Ngai Hoi) for the wealthy Mr. K and obtaining a 15 million HKD mansion in Bel-Air Residence from the new love interest.

Kate, Ron Ng, Roger Kwok, Sunny Chan, Toby Leung and Him Law attended TVB's new series <Reunion> costume fitting yesterday. There were reports that Kate stepped into wealth the day before, she shouted that she's been accused, she said that the reports killed her hard efforts in the last year.

Kate expressed that she is troubled by the false reports, she said: "The whole thing is made up, the story feels like the sequel to <The Beauty of the Game>, tying my personal life into the series. There is really no such thing, nonsense, no proof! But I am still pretty upset because a girl's reputation is very important, getting accused like this is truly unfair, it kills all my hard efforts in the past year! How will people give me jobs in the future? Also, I am really upset of this incident this time because my family is getting harassed too!"

When she was asked if she knew how to adapt to her new wealth, Kate said: "I don't know. I swear that I do not know this person! There has never been a wealthy person pursing me. (Then were you with Yau Ngai Hoi before?) He has a girlfriend, I really don't want to affect him because of this incident. (The reports say your living in a 15 million Bel-Air mansion!) I am renting the place, I worked really hard in the past years to live in a more comfortable home. Perhaps they are helping me stir up some news before the award ceremonies, afraid that I'll have nothing to say when I come out. (They even compared you with Sharon Luk and Tracy Ip!) Other people's things I don't know about, I won't comment, but Kate Tsui had always had the image of self-reliance."

Kate's "old love" Yau Ngai Hoi accepted an interview and expressed that he believes Kate's personality, the reports are completely false and not reliable. He also "praised" the ones who came up with such a creative story. Asked if he felt pity for Kate? Yau Ngai Hoi said: "As part of this industry, its inevitable, just take it easy."

Also, Ron Ng and Roger Kwok both have a relationship with Kate in the new series, Ron expressed that he's not worried of starting rumors with her. He expressed that this is the first time he's working with Roger, he feels excited and exposed that for <Reunion>, he declined two Mainland series opportunities.

#8 prella

prella

do it the ELLA~way.. ♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2501 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:50 AM

HK actress Kate Tsui a kept woman?
Source: Channel News Asia

Posted Image

Hong Kong beauty queen-turned actress Kate Tsui has allegedly become the mistress of a billionaire, said Hong Kong media reports.

Tsui, 30, the winner of the Miss Hong Kong 2004 pageant, is reportedly seeing a billionaire, whose assets are worth more than HK$20 billion (S$3.5 billion), after breaking up with her boyfriend, director Yao Nai-Hoi.

According to Hong Kong media reports, Tsui had moved into a luxury residence worth HK$15 million (S$2.6 million) with her wealthy companion. She also received a hillside villa worth HK$20 million (S$3.5 million) as a gift from him.

Despite having the backing of such a wealthy companion, Tsui had been very industrious in recent years, landing roles in films like "14 Blades" and the upcoming "The House 72 Tenants".

She had also embarked on a singing career and released an album titled "Kiss Me Kate" in 2009. However, her focus remains on television, appearing in no less than 13 dramas to date.

Ironically, she plays an actress who refuses to be a mistress of wealthy men in her latest drama "The Beauty Of The Game", which incidentally deals with how female celebrities deal with such offers.

Beauty queens such as Miss Hong Kong 2005 winner Tracy Ye, runner-up Lu Shi Yun and second runner-up Lin Li are also suspected to have become mistresses.

– CNA/ha

#9 kathkath

kathkath

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:56 AM

well.. it seems most of TVB actress / ex beauty queen seems to not be falling off from this radar of being a kept woman or mistresses, it's her personal life and if its true do hope she finds her peace and happiness...

#10 sun7630

sun7630

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:02 AM

Money is very tempting....who could really stand being tempted by fame and fortune in the entertainment industry, if you are not looking for fame and fortune why enter the entertainment industry, which the ultimate aim. If they are artist for a normal and unevenful life they would have work a regular job or drop out of the industry. There were a couple of Miss Hk that went back to the states and didn't sign contract with TVB

#11 Oh Crap!!

Oh Crap!!

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:29 AM

i'm not surprised that she'd be kept by a rich guy, after all, the rich only goes after the newbies to this industry. being a miss hong kong, she would be one of the top ones that would be kept by a rich guy. even if that's not true, rumour will have its toll.

#12 asianbelle

asianbelle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

It's not that uncommon or that big of a deal to be kept. I mean if the woman is shameless enough to do it, why not? As long as they're not forced and both parties agree to it then yeah.