AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Would you date someone with vitiligo?

85 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_T_T..._*

Guest_T_T..._*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Imagine a person who likes you to have vitiligo on his/her face. Would you ever go for someone like that?

Ive come to realize recently that appearance matters. Theres not one person i know of out THERE who would see through appearance and look within the "inner beauty." I have vitiligo around my eye and have failed to find someone to be with in a relationship.

When i approach a girl, they would look at my vitiligo. Im upset about that...
When i get tutoring, my tutor looks at my vitiligo.
My friends question about wtf is on my face...
Ive been called "that guy has the michael jackson disease"...
its hurts that vitiligo lowers my happiness.
In public, ppl f.en keep stares at it...wtf...

So i wear glasses to cover it...then another vitligo spot shows at the left area of my lip...I dont think i'll ever find someone i would like and someone who'll like me more than just a friend. I read a lot of relationship topics on this forum, i did change...worked out, maintained my weight...im 5'9 at 170-175 lbs..personality changed and others....thx for listening to my unfinished hopeless story.

back to the question. would you date someone with vitiligo???..thx

#2 Guest_sowat_*

Guest_sowat_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:29 PM

I once saw a guy at a grocery with some discolouring on his face. I didn't make a big deal of it. I'm not so rude to say anything about things like that, but even so ... I wouldn't mean to offend anyone. It would just be a simple question "what is it?" But typically I think I'd rather not say anything to avoid offending them.

Just act normal around people. I can understand you don't like it if they're rude but some people are just curious. Don't make a big deal of it and just act normal, shrug it off. I think it's your attitude that matters more to them than merely how you look, because it's about how you interact with people.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:55 PM

It's the same with people who have like down syndrome or whatever.

It doesn't matter how uncommon something is ... I know there would always be people that don't understand things like that, but if someone has a disease or certain condition ... it's not as if you want it. Tell them that and try to explain it, to educate them a little. It's only natural that people would be curious. But let's say, for example, if your family treats you well simply because they understand what it is. It's the same if someone is in a wheelchair or whatever. Do you hate someone just because of it???

Say if it was a friend, or a family member of theirs ... would they look at it differently??? Are they less human to them??
If someone wasn't born with blonde hair and blue eyes or whatever they think makes them perfect (not that I think it does. It's just an example) ... is that person less human (or less better???) just because of it??? You're born the way you are and even if you weren't ... it doesn't make you less human. No one's perfect.

Personally I'd rather be around people with a good attitude than shallow b*tches. I'm just talking about being around people, in general. You may not be good looking but it doesn't mean I wouldn't talk to you, or run away from you. Even if I didn't want to be around someone ... I wouldn't do it in such a rude manner. As long as they don't turn me off in some way, I can bear the prescence

If it's harmless ... does it really matter??? We're all still human.

Just about everything I said ... try to explain it in that sense

I'll be honest that I obviously don't want anything like that. No one does. But I don't think people are less human just because of it

#4 seeker123

seeker123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

Try not to ask the question "would you date someone with vitiligo ?". Ask "Would someone date me". You are not defined by your skin condition. Yes it is a big thing in your life, and does give you disadvantages in socializing. It's the harsh reality, you know 100 times better than most of us here. But that's not all that defines you, it shouldn't be all that defines you. We are all born with disadvantages, you must work harder on other areas to gain back advantages.

back to the question "would someone date me?". This is the question you should ask. People can dislike you for more than 1 reason. Have you ever thought, even without your vitiligo, some people would still avoid or not accept you? I'm not saying that as to put you down, I'm just trying to make a point that you can improve other areas of yourself to appeal to girls/people in general.

It is true appearance plays a large part in attracting girls, but not all. You probably won't find a real hot girlfriend, but neither would most of us here. I'm willing to bet you will end up with a girl as good as most of us here in this forum. Because as i said, you shouldn't be defined by your vitiligo. If even you define yourself with this, then you will give up on other aspects of your life that can be very attractive and appealing as well.

For example
1) Confidence
2) Attitude
3) Body (yeah girls like a nice bod. don't have to be ripped like Rain is right now, but don't have loser body)
4) Career
5) Style/Fashion

Most girls would list those things as top priority they want in a man, more than a pretty face.

#5 babygirl

babygirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

i dont think that your problem if that you have vitiligo, your problem if you are not confident. And people see that right away. Dating someone with confidence issues is really hard and it take a strain in the relationship because no matter what you say does not matter. You only believe what you want to. I think when people are younger they are immature and dont realize that what they are saying will hurt the others. You know that saying if you dont love yourself how can you expect others to.

#6 Big_Boss

Big_Boss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:17 AM

f*ck all those shallow people who only go and care after those who look good.

One day all of those motherfuckers will get a bullet in their head. I'll laugh and piss on their grave, just for you TC.

#7 Guest_Emi_*

Guest_Emi_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:20 AM

Imagine a person who likes you to have vitiligo on his/her face. Would you ever go for someone like that?

Ive come to realize recently that appearance matters. Theres not one person i know of out THERE who would see through appearance and look within the "inner beauty." I have vitiligo around my eye and have failed to find someone to be with in a relationship.

So i wear glasses to cover it...then another vitligo spot shows at the left area of my lip...I dont think i'll ever find someone i would like and someone who'll like me more than just a friend. I read a lot of relationship topics on this forum, i did change...worked out, maintained my weight...im 5'9 at 170-175 lbs..personality changed and others....thx for listening to my unfinished hopeless story.

My boyfriend has vitiligo but that doesn't bother me. I love him for who he is and he always makes me happy. However,we do have our downsides and he often gets depressed cuz of his skin condition. I wish you good luck and hope you will find someone who truly love you for who you are. Good lucky. =)

#8 ultratech

ultratech

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:35 AM

How old are you anyways?

Women are more forgiven when it comes to looks. Once you get older and have some money, your looks will be a second concern.

#9 Guest_meli_*

Guest_meli_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:01 AM

I am currently dating someone that has vitiligo and I never let it stop me from getting to know him... if ur confident and a fun person that doesnt let his condition get in the way of the way u live ur life u will find someone that loves. u just have to learn to love urself first.

#10 Anime_X

Anime_X

Coke Addict, mmm Coca Cola

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:37 AM

I think you are too fixated about your skin condition. Try to hide it best your can with makeup and then just accept that you have a skin condition and try to live a normal life. If you see girls you like then just go chat to them and get to know them. When you get to know people and develop a friendship then they can see beyond your skin condition. You have to accept your problem and strive to become more confident over your issue, I know that if your skin condition dissapeared then your confidence would shoot up. There will be some people who would not accept your skin condition and would choose not to befriend you, but then again there are people who will. So when you meet people who won't accept you for who you are then you have to ignore them and move on and find other people to befriend instead.

#11 db233

db233

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

Looks aren't everything. I think people who date others for their looks are shallow. A major problem is that you are trying too hard to find a girlfriend and be in a relationship. Also, I would date someone with vitiligo if I felt a connection.

#12 SomeAsianDude

SomeAsianDude

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

For me I think I can handle alittle but if its all over your face or something, it can get quite distracting...

#13 Guest_Gabriel Knight_*

Guest_Gabriel Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:45 PM

I entirely agree with Seeker. Good-looking is really important to attract girls at first sight, but it doesn't mean to every girls around you. When you don't have advantage of appearance, you then need to promote your "inner beauty" that is your personality, your social skill to catch girls' eyes. Using your advantages to overwhelm your disadvantages is what you need to do.

#14 Guest_game_*

Guest_game_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

I think in public people only stare at you because that would be their natural reaction when they first see you. Don't be too upset.

Maybe you should first make people feel comfortable to approach you and let them ask about your condition and reply them gracefully like vitiligo is not a big deal. At the same time you can also take the opportunity to show them your inner beauty such as your kind understanding, positive outlook, good manners etc. Maybe some day some girls will like you.

#15 Sassyish

Sassyish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:14 PM

My dad has vitiligo and my mum ended up marrying him. Obviously, she noticed it immediately when she first met him, but once she got to know him, it didn't matter anymore. Not to mention, vitiligo aside, my dad was/is actually a very handsome guy.

The thing is people are naturally curious. Just because they stare, it doesn't mean they are disgusted. My husband has scars all over his neck from a skin disorder and people stare at him all the time. Actually, I did at the beginning too, but like my mum, once I got to know the person beneath, I stopped noticing them.

If you are that concerned with your appearance, you can buy a special sort of concealer to hide the vitiligo patches. People with birthmarks and scars also use it, so it's very effective in covering up flaws. I really don't think you need to though. Honestly, I think my hubby has it far worse than you as nothing can hide his scars. But I still think he's a cutie!

Good luck.

#16 me -_-

me -_-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

no, UNLESS the guy had a really awsum personality (yes iv realized looks matter too, and people wont go for the inner beuaty at first, unless the guys personality is really extremely awsum and better than a lot of other peoples, which is hard. there are some people that are really charismatic and friendly and funny and their personalities stand out from the rest, you may know some people like this, and can try and emulate them)

awsum personality as in:

funny
sweet/caring
kind
has stuff in common with me/ matchin opinions and interests - (in music, tv shows, opinions on stuff in life, anything)

other things count to making a guy hot/cute like
hot voice
hot laugh

or something like that

obviously people who you are around all the time will know you and get used to you and wont be staring all the time
you cant expect people to like you when they first meet you

#17 Guest_Lovina_*

Guest_Lovina_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

Yeah mine has vitilgo and I am a beautiful pretty model girl. I love him to bits plan to marry him have kids and enjoy life for keeps with him. he is my heart n soul. Hope you can understand love is what matters

#18 Guest_Nicole_*

Guest_Nicole_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

I find it very sad that this is the way you feel. The truth is, people are shallow, thats just how they are. But there is somebody out there thats meant for you so i would not give up. And i know that that sounds hopeless right now, but both my boyfriend and brother have vitiligo and i dont mind it at all. So i hope this helps. i know what it feels like to have people stare at you all the time. But just ignore them.

#19 s2Wennie

s2Wennie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:56 AM

Yeh people are like that. Everyone.

But on the other hand, I have seen someone with vitiligo (a guy) with a girlfriend so there. :)
It might be hard for a girl though because "outer beauty" has been more emphasized with females.

#20 Guest_katie_*

Guest_katie_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

I have Vitiligo everywhere round my body mostly on my legs and its gotten so white that it looks more that im white than tan.and i have never had a boy friend. people told me that im pretty an i know i am but i know that if i didnt have vitilgo then i would have the confidence too go and ask the guy that i really like out. but im scared hes going to say no because of my vitiligo. im already 15 but sometimes i hate going t the beach or pool and sometimes i dont. but i have to say that Vitilgo has made me who i am today because i think without it i probably wouldnt be as strong as i am today. but i do wish that i could have normal skin and im pretty sure that if i ne wish that could come tru in the whole world it would be to have normal skin.

:unsure: :neutral

#21 yummybecks

yummybecks

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

don't think it matters that much.. depends on who u r, and loads of other things about u!

#22 Guest_Alexa_*

Guest_Alexa_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

To be compleatly honest with you, I woodnt care. It wouldnt bother me in the slightest. So my answer is yes i would go for someone with Vitiligo. I dont think its ugly or anything like that and if all the girls yu have asked out who have said your ugly or anything are shallow and not worth your time :)

Be proud and happy with what you have, Your unique, Hey if thats a bad thing then shoot me down :P

#23 Guest_DAChosen1_*

Guest_DAChosen1_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:25 AM

To make this simple, short, and plain. Yes you can find a girlfriend with it. I'm living proof. I have it on my face and i have a pretty hot girlfriend then again im not so bad looking myself. Just be yourself and the rest will take care of itself. There's other things you can do if you yourself want to feel comfortable. You can wear make-up over it....I do and most people know about the disease and some don't. I just wear to make myself feel more comfortable not for anyone else's sake. Hope i helped goodluck!!!

#24 Guest_EPAUL_*

Guest_EPAUL_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

I have vit, and I have to admit sometimes its hard on me mentally I feel like I'm not living up to my true potential physically but I think a lot of times we care more about it then other people do. I've had vit since I was 17 and I've always had at least one girl and I've even had some epic club nights lol. Now I'm 24 I've recently had a son and have been with my current GF for almost 2 years. The truth is vit is a small portion of your life you have much more to offer the world than just the way you look, girls like me because I'm nice, funny, dress well, have my stuff together and most of all I treat them good. I'm also in the Army I meet people from all over the world, if your confident in yourself then other people will also respect you regardless of how you look. Vit is only an obstacle, you are meant to over come it, one day they will cure it , until then take life by the nuts you only get one!

#25 Guest_vitman_*

Guest_vitman_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

It was seven years ago when I realized for the first time that I had vitiligo. I had been already studying immunology at that time, so I was pretty much aware of my condition without even seeing a dermatologist. I was very much worried about my future, and had those strange ideas that people would not accept me as soon as my disease becomes more obvious. For today that I have spread it on several parts of my body and face people recognize it for the first look that I am different. I was terribly frustrated the first time I was asked about those white areas on my hands and face. But later on when more and more people asked me about them, I realized that once I answered them without losing my confidence, they did not care so much anymore. I still have my ups and downs, but I would never give up on meeting girls, and I must tell you, as soon as they get know me, they do not care. Finding confidence is hard for everyone. Give people chance to get know your disease. Allow them ask you questions, to look at you, to touch you. Your skin is different from skins of other people. Difference is always frightening for the first time it is our good old instinct that tries to protect us this way. You will see, as soon as they hear and see enough of your disease they will instantly closer to you. I wish you to find your confidence. Best, one has success with girls even with vitiligo.

#26 Guest_tinydancer24_*

Guest_tinydancer24_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:00 AM

I'm dating someone with vitiligo and i love him. granted his isn't that bad, but he's really insecure about it. i love him for who he not what he looks like (even though he is really attractive but...). it doesn't matter to me. who he is matters more. you'll find someone who cares enough about your personality than some white patches on your skin. let her fall in love with your personality first and you'll be good to go :)

#27 Str8Shooter

Str8Shooter

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:08 AM

I'm an honest straight up guy. So I'm going to tell you the honest truth. I would not date someone with a vitiligo.

Why? Because like you said, looks matter. It's harsh but it's the truth. Self-righteous people will go around telling you that looks don't matter and that people who consider looks over other things are assholes. Well those people are liars. That's the world we live in. It's not all candy canes and rainbows, it's not a nice place. Fat people will go around saying that they are big and beautiful or whatever but sorry, they are not. All it says that they cannot stay away from the snack aisle every time they hit the supermarket.

If it is so minute that you can't really even notice it, then I probably would not care too much but on a larger scale, I doubt most people will find the quality desirable.

I say if there are treatments to remove the effects, then do it. It will save you all the troubles in the world.

#28 Guest_TeWorld_*

Guest_TeWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:22 AM

I'm an honest straight up guy. So I'm going to tell you the honest truth. I would not date someone with a vitiligo.

Why? Because like you said, looks matter. It's harsh but it's the truth. Self-righteous people will go around telling you that looks don't matter and that people who consider looks over other things are assholes. Well those people are liars. That's the world we live in. It's not all candy canes and rainbows, it's not a nice place. Fat people will go around saying that they are big and beautiful or whatever but sorry, they are not. All it says that they cannot stay away from the snack aisle every time they hit the supermarket.

If it is so minute that you can't really even notice it, then I probably would not care too much but on a larger scale, I doubt most people will find the quality desirable.

I say if there are treatments to remove the effects, then do it. It will save you all the troubles in the world.

Hey Str8Shooter, what are you thinking? I'm not going to be mean or anything, but why would you think that? I have vitiligo and my aunt has vitiligo. She's married to a retired navy general. I wonder what my uncle was thinking when they married: That she's ugly? She's scary? No. He never looked at her skin color or anything. It's like judging someone due to their skin color. There are many people in this world that don't care about looks. What is being beatiful? It can be definied by the beholder. If you had a gf that you thought was amazing and other people thought she wasn't, what would you say? I'm just saying that your attitude towards this is terrible. DO YOU have vitiligo? If you did then you would have a totalyy different view. You disgust me. Good day

#29 Big_Boss

Big_Boss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

Why not?

Everyone is made differently and uniquely.

#30 Guest_Iloveme_*

Guest_Iloveme_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:53 AM

I have vitiligo and I'm a pretty girl. I do have on my body and guys find me attractive anyways. But I have a bf so I don't really concentrate on other guys. The ones that care about how you look are probably not the ones you wanna go for. Cause we're all gona age and beauty may not last forever but a person's soul (personality, attitude, nature etc) will stay the same through out their life.
Eventhough I'm a good looking girl, at times it used to bring me down till I realized that it's pointless to think about your negatives. Think about positives and good things in life will come to u automatically. I recommend you watch a movie called "The Secret" or theres also the book to read it's by Rhonda Byrne. Movie is a good start. Learn from it and try to practice it in your life, you'll have what you want in no time.
And as for your question, Yes I would date a guy with vitiligo (whether I had it or not, but if I didn't have it I'd prolly just be curious and ask about it, maybe research it online to just find out more about it.)

#31 Kumail

Kumail

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:50 AM

This disease has been torturing me as long as 2 years, but enough is this skin disorder can not stop me any more to live my life fully as I'm getting my noraml skin colur back yipeeeee ......!!!!!!

PS : I am using a natural vitiligo treatment.

Why not?

Everyone is made differently and uniquely.

I agree and we vitiligo suffer are more special as many famous people and greatest of all MJ also had it.

#32 Guest_chica supersabia_*

Guest_chica supersabia_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:00 AM

ive known my boyfriend since november 2009,we started dating exclusively in febuary and made it official in april. he had told me he had a discoloration,but he said it was a birthmark that his dad has so he didnt really worry. when he went to get his hair cut the barber told him he had dicoloration on his neck,thats when he worried. he went to dermatologist and they told him 2 weeks later that he has vitiligo. i know for a fact he is not happy to know he has it,but i love him and i honestly would not leave him. i wonder if he thinks if i will leave him,but i know i wouldnt. hes perfect to me.

#33 Guest_Killa Lipstick_*

Guest_Killa Lipstick_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:50 AM

So... it's def your attitude bro... lighten up <3 I too have vitiligo, I am 33 and it started when i was 17, I actually now have it in patches all over my body, I don't let it define me, I mean yea it's visible but once you start vibin with someone it becomes irrelevant!!! (is that how you spell that? lol) I date all the time and have a happy sex life, actually some tend to like it, it becomes a turn on, I was once called "Patches" by one on my loves, it was cute, I also tend to be called Cat Woman, I'm told I remind them of a sexy leopard goddess, lol, So I rock alot of leopard clothing, I embrace my patches :0) It is who I am, I have never been denied nor neglected because of how i look, and you should'nt either, love you (hugs) I love me! feel free to email me on myspace www.myspace.com/canttrustmyself --- aol/aim is canttrustmyself --- anytime you need to talk message me or im me
<3 Niki

#34 The Lone Moon

The Lone Moon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

We are all born with disadvantages, you must work harder on other areas to gain back advantages.

Have you ever thought, even without your vitiligo, some people would still avoid or not accept you?

My best friend (a girl) recently started dating a guy with vitiligo; she knew about it and that didn't stop her. Seeker123's post is spot on. From reading your post, you have a pretty negative attitude about your situation. To change things and make your feel happier--it's all begins with a positive attitude. If you act like you accept your own condition and stay proud of you who are, your personality will shine and girls will like you.

#35 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:07 AM

Wonder how is T_T now. Would like to see how he's doing now.

Hope he has been encouraged by the success cases written here.

#36 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:08 AM

Sorry to hear about your situation and sadly, we all live in a very shallow world.However, it is hard for others to not judge by appearance at first since they don't know you yet. But as time goes by, people will notice the good traits that you have. There are many people that don't base just on appearance and I know a number of them.

I honestly don't know if I would date someone with vitiligo or not... But I think that the inside is what matters more. I can tell that there are people that I know that are not attractive at all but end up with really attractive husbands/wives. I think part of the reason is that they are confident in themselves. There are many that physically don't look that great,however, they are confident about themselves. I think that is what you need, confidence!!! Once you have that and can showcase your other positive traits, people will see through the real you, not how you look on the outside.

I can tell that I am short( 4' 10") and all, but I guess I don't look that bad. However, I lack confidence and many people don't like that... Therefore, my advice to you and to be yourself and have confidence and people will not be against you because you have vitiligo... Good luck! :thumbsup

#37 Guest_Kayla_*

Guest_Kayla_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:39 AM

I think your beautiful for you, The only reason people seem to beat themselves
Up about appearance is because society tells us what is beautiful and if we don't
Hit the mark were 'ugly' this isn't true nobody is ugly, realistically
No one is a size 0, nobodys skin is flawless, boys don't have to be tall to be good looking
Boys don't have to tanned to be hot same for girls.

and yes I would date someone with vitiligo it wouldn't faze me at all, I assure you, you are
Beautiful inside and out, stop worrying about your weight and your looks, be you, don't let vitiligo
Define who YOU are. Your ARE beautiful in every single way and yeah people will judge and be critical
But you don't need these people to you there comments should mean nothing because these people
Judge a book by its cover and that is by no means acceptable.

I hope you accept yourself and embrace it. No point being upset of something you can't fix
You need to pick yourself up and show who you are!

Lots of love Kayla xx

#38 Guest_Ted_*

Guest_Ted_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:32 AM

I am in love with a guy who has vitiligo. He is amazing and he is beautiful. He is sometimes self conscious but I am telling you, he is the most handsome and masculine guy I have ever known. He has green eyes and thick wavy brown hairm and he has a great chest and pecs. In short, he is perfect to me. Yes he has vitiligo and it is on his legs, arms, hands, chest and even his face, I seldom even notice it. He gets concerned, of course, but my god, he is so masculine and so incredibly handsome, who the hell cares. I understand it can be embarassing at times for him. Hell, it is scary. Others see it and make damn stupid comments. We were at a pool a whole ago and someone made a foolish remark abut what she saw including the fact that the vitiligo has discolored a portion of his nipples--actually his areolas and she made some smartass comment about that. He was embarassed and I was angry at her stupidity. But all I see is a perfect guy with incredible pecs and great chest hair and I like everything I see. I love this man and that is all that matters. I am not physically perfect and have my own concerns. What I most love about this man is that the vitiligo has made him stronger and more aware of the needs of others. It has made him an even better man. That's all that matters to me. He is totally beautiful. Enough said.

#39 Guest_mak_*

Guest_mak_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

I have vit, and I have to admit sometimes its hard on me mentally I feel like I'm not living up to my true potential physically but I think a lot of times we care more about it then other people do. I've had vit since I was 17 and I've always had at least one girl and I've even had some epic club nights lol. Now I'm 24 I've recently had a son and have been with my current GF for almost 2 years. The truth is vit is a small portion of your life you have much more to offer the world than just the way you look, girls like me because I'm nice, funny, dress well, have my stuff together and most of all I treat them good. I'm also in the Army I meet people from all over the world, if your confident in yourself then other people will also respect you regardless of how you look. Vit is only an obstacle, you are meant to over come it, one day they will cure it , until then take life by the nuts you only get one!

hey "epaul"...are u in indian army....and did dis vitiligo thing was allowed..pls reply...

#40 Guest_Lizzie_*

Guest_Lizzie_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

My name is Lizzie and i have vitiligo to ! but unlike you ive had plenty of people to date id like to talk to you tho ! my name is elizabeth odeh you can find me on facebook at lizze9811@yahoo.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users