AF needs funding again

Photo

"Hi My Sweetheart" becomes a sacrifice hit, Xiao Zhu fans curse "Because of You"

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 catalie

catalie

陳桃花#2♥

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:44 AM

"Hi My Sweetheart" becomes a sacrifice hit, Xiao Zhu fans curse "Because of You"

Source: UDN
Translated by catalie @ http://asianfanatics.net

Posted Image

Even well-tempered "Da Lang" gets angry; on GTV's "100% Entertainment", Show Luo vented about CTS' unfair treatment of "Hi My Sweetheart" which he stars in. As it aired, many loyal fans have not only supported the drama online but also cursed CTS' upcoming drama "Because of You" [lit. Fairytale under Starlight], in the hopes that ratings will drop severely.

Show Luo and Rainie Yang's CTS drama "Hi My Sweetheart" is coming to an end. Furthermore, tonight there will be an extended 135 minute episode (10pm to 12:15am) and next week there will be a 45 minute conclusion. Following immediately after it, will be Baron Chen, Megan Lai, Lego Li and Chie Tanaka's "Because of You" which will compete with CTV's "Down With Love". CTS has explained that tonight's episode will be a "Winter Holiday Special Extended Episode" but netizens have been extremely angry, exclaiming that it's basically a sacrifice hit and even Xiao Zhu has expressed his dissatisfaction, venting his feelings on GTV.

During the show, Xiao Zhu was so angry that he pouted, "Clearly it was meant to be broadcasted until February, why is it now only until January 31? It's such a good [show to] watch, why does it have to end so soon?" After that he said that tonight the drama will be airing for over 2 hours but students need to go to school the day after, yet the week after, it'll only be airing for an hour; everyone worked so hard, only to have such an ending.

In regards to this matter, CTS Deputy Chief Hu Han Xin explained, "Hi My Sweetheart" was filmed as it was airing so it was more difficult to estimate the length of the drama. CTS couldn't bare to cut anything from the last two episodes but the promotion period for upcoming drama "Because of You" has already been set so in the end, the only compromise was to air an extended episode of "Hi My Sweetheart".

Tonight there will be lots of drama in "Hi My Sweetheart", there'll be kidnapping, beatings, loss of memory, falling into water and "Winds of September"'s Teresa Daley will also make a guest appearance, making Xiao Zhu [Da Lang] fall for her. Produce Angie Chai sighed, if only she knew melodramatics would produce high ratings early, should she start with adding drugs next drama?
  • asianlychee likes this

#2 tdrama*addict

tdrama*addict

AF Official Translator

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:34 AM

Such BS, I swear this is not the first time GTV rushed things and mad edited dramas!! They just keep broadcasting longer and longer episodes of HMS which isn't really fair. As much as I want to see the ending of HMS, but it seems like it wasn't too long ago that it aired, and now, it's already to an end. They were already rushed to finish filming as they were being pushed to broadcast prior to their scheduled time...now they're rush to finish airing just because another drama needs to air?? Ridiculous! Their whole system is a mess..sigh.

#3 POGA

POGA

Yo!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1504 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:41 AM

Supposedly, and I don't know if this is true, CTS is doing this so ‘Fairytales under Starlight' gets a boost in ratings. HMS has a popular cast and popular ratings, and airing the same day would theoretically make HMS watchers watch the next drama. So there's rumors it's a ratings game, and CTS will do anything to beat DWL which will also be airing (on GTV)

One thing though—this isn't GTV's fault. GTV loves Show, haha, as he hosts YLBFB and is keeping their episode lengths at the same time (it airs at 8, before DWL airs at 10), so it's gonna flow well (lolz, Show actually did say, “GTV treats me the best.”). It's CTS that is rushing.

#4 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 3120 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:16 AM

lol and i thought SETTV was the only one who would do things like this.. XD

aish.. i see why show would be mad.
hes right.. its mostly students that would be watching this drama and they have school the next day and i bet most parents wouldnt allow their child to stay up till past midnight jus to watch tv..
i guess CTS isnt confident about their next drama,, cuz it doesnt really have a strong cast.. but still, doing something like this is jus LOW.. and plus if a drama is good, people will watch it. if its bad, no matter what u do to promote it, ppl wont watch it..

jeez i dont get why tv stations have to be so annoying for sometimes >.<

#5 btrcup

btrcup

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:00 AM

This is really a bad news for Hi My Sweetheart. The series is doing good, why should it be cut short in terms of airing period? The show hasn't been running that long yet! I really feel bad for the casts. Oh well, all these TV stations only care about the ratings... gosh!

#6 ★cinnamon_coffee

★cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1407 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

Oh crap, no wonder Show is angry, everyone would be in a situation like this! >.< So that's why today's ep will be extended but it's really unfair to cut the last ep and turn it into 45-mins summary :| Rainie and Show put a lot of effort into acting, I'm sure they've done their best, yet CTS wants to take advantage of their popularity to increase ratings for the next drama.... gosh, despicable.
Anyway, can't wait for today's ep :)

Edited by ★cinnamon_coffee, 24 January 2010 - 01:38 PM.

#7 babystarr-

babystarr-

gracie ♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5713 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:02 PM

aww, this is really unfair, i love Hi My Sweetheart and impatiently waiting for tonight's episode,
a rushed and fastcut ending can ruin a drama since the ending matters a lot. :hug

#8 Swt_Azn_Gurly

Swt_Azn_Gurly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

can we call this bad or good news?
  • blahblahyourmah and ★cinnamon_coffee like this

#9 enamorvssinful

enamorvssinful

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:21 AM

its so annoying. im actually enjoying this drama a lot. i personally think this ones better than Autumn's Concerto. Rainie and Show's made me cry several times already wheres Ady has never made me cry.

damn CTV. they better give us something in return. since i live in Miami, the only way i stay connected to my asian side is watching dramas. and i only watch good dramas. and Hi My Sweetheart is a good drama. so LAME.
  • ★cinnamon_coffee and SujuShinee<3 like this

#10 xXx RaiNiE xXx

xXx RaiNiE xXx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:27 AM

This whole thing was surely annoyed ! I can totally understand why Show was so angry, it's just so unfair to HMS. Not to mention that's a good show, but Show, Rainie and everyone had put so much effort on it. They just can't rush the show to finish just for another show to air !! It's only make the audiences more confuse, as there were really alot of dramas happened in this ep, can considered as important hits in the show. Rushing the show does affect the show someway,esp the ending, and it's not the first time CTV does this.

Surely everyone loves this drama and it obviously can run longer than that, no matter how I awfully want to know the ending but there was really too much to take in one ep and I still prefer the feeling of impatiently waiting for the next, next and next ep... Everyone loves HMS mean that they will also love Because of You? How ridiculus!

#11 Thuchen

Thuchen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:29 AM

true, this is awful, no wonder Xiao Zhu is angry. This is so dumb of CTS doing that only because of ratings. It's really bad for HMS, now it seemed rushed, and I really like the feeling every week to wait for another HMS episode.

#12 codemanz234

codemanz234

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:49 AM

This is crap. I'm sure everyone on the cast of HMS worked really hard, to end the drama with a 45 min summary doesn't do them justices. TV stations needs to rethink about the ratings and more about the actors who act in dramas. Plus does a 45 min summary really do justice to fans??!?!>@#?

#13 Fahrenheit95

Fahrenheit95

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:55 AM

what the #$%@#$$#?
I have waited each week for the airing of HMS, and this week is of no exception
I desperately wants to know the ending..
and now CTS is making us, HMS audience/ fan to wait another week to watch the ending?
I tink it's x only Show Luo was angry w. it, but all HMS fans as well..!!

#14 DmeganD

DmeganD

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:33 PM

curse you CTS!! HMS <3

#15 uncchristine99

uncchristine99

TEAM JACOB!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

I really hate this. I've had sinking feelings about HMS since about ep08 when they went on vacation. To that end, I actually think HMS got pretty far before it started feeling rushed and disjointed.

I understand from a marketing and promotion standpoint--if you say the next one is gonna air, you're tied to it with sponsorship commitments or whatever. But that's still really obnoxious that it has to be at someone else's expense. HMS had to go 3 months early and it not only affected the TV schedule--it also affected Show and Rainie's album schedules. Plus, there was news a while ago that the last 3 or so episodes were filmed in 3-4 days--that is CRAZY!

Let's not forget to mention... CTS has not seen ratings like this since who knows when?? HMS posted 5+ last night!! I'm really irritated and baffled. Even though ratings have been climbing, the last few weeks have been in a down spiral plot-wise. It's becoming so disjointed and bric-a-brac... it's not even funny. It's cheapening to viewers (like me!) who have invested time and energy watching.

Boo CTS. I'm glad that Show is speaking out of YLBFB!

#16 middle_four

middle_four

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

Unfair! I mean, HMS did well in the ratings so I don't see the need for CTS to do this. Booo!

#17 tvb_luv

tvb_luv

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

This is BS its so F-ing messed up, excuse my language. but Hi My Sweetheart was getting such good ratings, it was going up each week, why cut it short for another drama. the stupid competiton between tv stations means we have to summer, so not cool. im so pissed off now, i was excited to find out this drama had 25 episodes now its only gonna be 15. no wonder after episode 13 there was such a long trailer with so much action packed into it for the next episode. all of xiao zhu & rainie fans in taiwan should complain to CTS, i dont know how overseas fans can if not i will

#18 taekoame

taekoame

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

The drama was flowing nicely, but then a big, huge boulder comes in and knocks main character into a Korean-mind-losing drama (at the end). Doesn't that give it an even Special-er afterward? But, whatever because I don't really want it to end in a plain and cliche normal way like him making it up to her for what he's done and then her forgiving him.

#19 ~Rain~

~Rain~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

MAybe i should wait till next weeks episode to watch it at all T-T i LOVE this drama but im used to waiting before watching...

#20 aznvolleygurl

aznvolleygurl

Sweee

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1222 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

wow. its ending so soon? i am not happy with this whole thing about loss of memory along with the kidnap. it would have been nice if rainie and show went through a life threatening event with xue hai instead of da lang...

#21 weird&short

weird&short

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:29 AM

I was a bit surprised how they smashed everything together. It sucks how they did that :( I actually found it refreshing.

#22 POGA

POGA

Yo!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1504 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:17 AM

Apparently, scenes were cut out...the thirteenth episode is really choppy, obvious they had to do some editing. <_< CTS is stupid...HMS brought in such great ratings. More importantly, so many people like it...and they hurt it by cutting out the scenes that would make stuff make sense--they probably cut out a bunch of Xue Hai scenes, more explanations, etc. I think it would've been good with 16 episodes, at this rate. Urgh.

#23 ♪ Duffy ♥

♪ Duffy ♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:09 AM

They wasted two episodes on just Xue Hai being mean and weird to Bao Zhu.

But, nevertheless, I love hai pai tian xin!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users