ming dao

1961 replies to this topic

#1321 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

Ah, whilst my the other favourite actor is coming back from military service and MD is going off to fulfil his military duty next year. Well, still it's good that I will get to watch MD's two dramas next year. And he's only away for a year.

Fans Video Clips of Liu Shi Shi ※ Ming Dao in "Happiness of an Angel" (Filming)

Happiness of an Angel Filming 2

Happiness of an Angel Filming 3

:)

#1322 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

Happiness of an Angel Stills released today, 29 Dec 2011:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credits: As tagged

Rewatching Zhong Wu Yan drama - Found that MD acted really well here and have great chemistry with Cheryl Yang. In fact, the more I watched him in this drama, the more I like his character role he played.

Edited by cheeiky, 29 December 2011 - 02:35 PM.

#1323 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

More stills of Happiness of an Angel:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1324 2mingenfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:30 AM

Hello all... and thank you cheeiky for the news, picts etc.. on Ming Dao...its been a busy year for MD.
Wishing him, and all of you, his fans a happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous 2012!! clapclap :D :D

#1325 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

Earlier stills of Happiness of an Angel released this last one week:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1326 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:42 PM

Xinhuanet News | December 29, 2011, Thursday

Happiness of An Angel Idol Drama

Posted Image
Ming Dao

Posted Image
Liu Shi Shi

(Summarised edited version) Last few days there have been several news of the Happiness of an Angel that reported that this is a romance drama of complex, emotional and tangled love story where Ming Dao who recently appeared in period drama, Beauty World with bold attempt at two different character roles of twin brothers, this time will be acting as a handsome doctor who is affectionate and warm and Liu Shi Shi who acted in many period dramas and most recently in Bu Bu Jing Xin, will become a single mother who is optimistically simple and kind hearted with an intelligent cute but sick daughter and grandfather suffering from dementia mixed in between. It is said love is beautiful but it isn't smooth sailing.

Happiness of an Angel 2012 calendar:

Posted Image

Video clip of Happiness of an Angel Filiming:

Seems like MD is so very popular in mainland China based on the number of news report from China.

Edited by cheeiky, 30 December 2011 - 02:44 PM.

#1327 mingdee

only ming!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:47 AM

oh wow thanks cheeiky for all the latest pics and info of mingdao's new drama !

He is back to looking young again in that shorter haircut - maybe he looks good in pink shirt afterall? He reminds me of his character in Always Smile :).

Anyway, wishing mingdao, his family and all his fans a good 2012 !

#1328 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

Angelo:

Posted Image

Hi mingdee, Yes, MD did look really nice in the stills and LSS looks prettier than when she wear costume outfit. MD's character name is Angelo which is the english name of this drama but according to an earlier interview of MD, this drama real angel is the kid. Oh well, we shall know when this drama airs next year around this time in December 2013.

2011国剧盛典红毯女星斗法 柳岩露臀杨幂爆乳 | 23 Dec 2011 by AHTV.cn
(National Drama Festival 2011)

Posted Image

Posted Image

This 2011 National Drama Festival official red carpet ceremony were held in Beijing and aside from MD, amongst the celebrities who were present includes Han Chae Young, Ruby Lin, Yang Mi, Kevin Cheng, Liu Shi Shi, Wallace Chung and Hu Ge.

#1329 OrangeBlossom55

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

He is wearing a ring on his left hand ring finger what is that about hmm? He looks so handsome. love his hair but that suit looks like black brocade. I do not think I have ever seen a suit like that before. He looks buff in that picture with no shirt on. MD with a washboard tummy will be something to see. :jawdrop: :shock :drool

#1330 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hi Starrei, Yes, I have a better pic of MD and the suit he wore as I was looking for the latest pic of him to add here for the magazine interview.

Posted Image

You can see MD's suit much clearer now. heheh~

【11.12.30 杂志】嘉人美妆:明道专访-男人30+不再以帅为名

Marie Claire Magazine: An Interview with Ming Dao - Handsome Man 30+ Name No Longer | December 30, 2011

Posted Image

A Ming Dao fan words: "Passing newsstands today, scouring the January 2012 Marie Claire, HOT STAR sportsman Ambassador interview with Bob, especially for hand-making. . Due to hand fight, there may be other words, please forgive me sisters. . ." She has been kind enough to type out the above mentioned interview in China Marie Claire Magazine January 2012 to share with his other fans and I just happen to click on this thread so I just decide to share it here too but I'm only using Google Translate so the language is a bit distorted but understandable enough.

What makes a man handsome man 30 + name no longer 

When thousands of young girls favorite pursuit of getting into the 30 + sportsman's life path, what will it look like? 

MCB currently picked and two large handsome ----- XXX, Ming had a depth of date! Say goodbye to the innocent years, they become more relaxed, effortless, slipped out of Idol coat, mature charm but much points. Also we are familiar from the idol guy, the same Pisces temperament light mature male, the same is unparalleled shot from the side profile people to breath, is also a casual glance will be able to hold live audience, and temperament can be two temperature, is really very different. Who do you prefer? Is XXXXX, domineering or fade in silence, a warm smile and especially Ming? 

Ming (with embarrassment, it is better to relax)

"Broker Ming latest album brought to us, we a praise, but he does not care for the shape recognition, and is the basis, but about those who make fun of shooting clips, images in the design of the story, he is very good talk about, talked about not enjoying the action will stand up gestures. 'photo shoot had said, I head the first screen that appears is the African savannah, giraffes, lions, tigers ... I stand in the middle, like the National Football After the game, as team photo, modeling how a little unimportant, particularly natural. something we discuss later, decided to go to Italy, like the kind of old-school gentleman, unrestrained, uninhibited, no fancy modification, if the wind or the idol, even if the. life come to this stage, to the state to tell me. " 
QA now he feels more like a little village, wearing plaid shirts, woolen suits, velvet pants ... ... materials are natural materials, make-up but a little to make a bottom, but the hair must be unique enough, "a while ago I was in Taiwan on a food program, I told the stylist said to the feeling of the French chef, he made a side to help me pick up all the hair, I wore a suit to cook. Some people do not think looks good, but I quite like of. "outsiders little controversy, he has had at the indifferent. 
He said his state: "A man thirty, actually a little embarrassed. Sufficiently mature? Not enough. Youth do? Is not a ... ... better to let yourself relax." This relaxed so that he did not oppressive, the people around because he can quickly feel comfortable and at ease. When he laughed, when it is to be immediately transmitted - wet mature men 30 + unique beauty is more than simply a flawless face is love.

MCB: I heard you recently play Xiang Yu? 

Ming: Yes, in the "King of the woman" in the. He was such a strong personality who play together but feel very comfortable. This role has been shot many times, I do not want to shoot the same, the teacher went to opera for some time on the course, although the action will not copy the opera, but it can learn that momentum. I asked the teacher what is the idea of ​​the King, he said, King is a very romantic person, he was very simple: I just want to make in the past, what long-winded! At the same time he is not tyrant, have their own spirit. I remember in "Farewell My Concubine", the Ge of Zhang Fengyi, said: "King back to the camp that scene, the seven steps to go, you only go five steps, Wei King is not to be heavy on the rivers and lakes become The Huangtian Ba. "For example, how to sit in the King? King to be so from (starting immediately before presentation) ... ... 37 to open, sideways, sit in a station to find the kind of feeling between, because the King will not sit straight and not lightly by. Because after all, King King, Fei Qi, and not full of hostility, I tried to show, after living a noble feeling, the situation changed, his temperament unchanged. 

MCB: You filmed a lot of fashion idol, why this costume drama will move you? 

Ming: The script touched this kind of thing is very strange, like buying clothes, a sight in the past, you know which one is right for you.Now I do not have restrictions, some people say it should make another idol drama, but I think we have a little bit of drama misperceptions, the story always feel it naive, but I think idol is in clothing, style, scene and lines required in all aspects more sophisticated, some idealistic, but many are very realistic. The next shows are also to be idol, but the theme and character set will be expanded. If the couple of years ago I met this script may be unable to play, but in this age, to see the way things will be different. 

MCB: You feel the past two years what changes have taken place? 

Ming: relax a lot. Before filming seemed to be in practice, learning many skills, but this year I put an average of four months a year off, and the pace slowed down, the whole human condition has changed. I see now more health role, less emphasis on the details and techniques, will not be like before the director says: I just feel bad in this shot, do it again. Man thirty, actually a little embarrassed. Sufficiently mature? Not enough. Youth do? Is not as good as the ... ... relax, do not see particularly want to make, it will break. After New Year Oujiu abroad, diving, or with the family together. Before I was a person without their own lives, few think about what I like to do in the end, too much focus on work, and now gradually transferred to the life. I must strive and work hard at the business for, to fight over the future is a little slow a slow time, perhaps over two, and entered another phase. Life is so loosely tight. 

MCB: like mature people, is beginning to learn to relax and lay down.

Ming: Some people relax character, it should learn a little nervous, some people are naturally cautious, we must learn to relax, everyone's homework is not the same. I used to like to remember things, older people told me later, learn to relax, you will slowly forget. Not the kind of forget forgetful, but down. Every day that a new day, not carrying the past, do not remember too much. 

MCB: You will want different according to age, the challenge is not the same role, right? 

Ming: want to make no special role, I am a commercial actor, not deliberately pursue particular depth, insisted that winning the role. When viewers turn on the TV dinner, to accompany him to see me happy on OK. "Idol" this word may have to follow me for a while, some people think that Idol is to have been handsome, but I think it is the responsibility of this society, for people like you, have a positive impact. 
Filming and life, is unpredictable, and sometimes the script is very general, it can take up both hands; sometimes the script is good, but when played completely not the case. I am now more concerned about who has been working with me. Some time ago saw a TV series, like Wu Xiubo, acting the way he is very different, quite looking forward to cooperate with him 

MCB: You are the people like to watch TV or movies? 

Ming: I like old movies, "Roman Holiday" that, on reference to the photo shoot a lot of old movies, I do not like taking pictures, always felt clothes holding pat the latest quarter, the fashion magazine thing, so The photo shoot I want to make the feeling of old movies, do not care about superficial things, but the performance of human nature, and with the environment. There is an imitation of a "Godfather" feeling, went to Sicily to shoot. 
Sometimes see the Peking Opera. Really think they will look at the previous opera, because my agent Peking opera, he said, pay attention to opera, "stiff", I said it would mean that each person to perform the same? He said, especially not the same. I went to see, really not the same! Is very interesting.

MCB: If you do not do actor, what would you do? 

Ming: On a farm it, every day riding cows; may still engaged in the filming of things, in case no one come to me after the filming, when a deputy director did not question it. 

MCB: I'd rather you an actor ... ... how do you usually care? 

Ming: more attention to moisturizing it, another one of my big fears is Papan, because I love to eat, as long as a holiday back to Taiwan, eat every meal is very full, very easy to gain weight. To lose weight is to control the starch, the intake of sweets, so will be thin, not very painful. 

MCB: did not work, then how to spend your day? 

Ming: I do not watch TV, the Internet is not much, at most, take a look at cars. Also do not invest in the stock fell to zero it does not matter to me. I was listening to music at home, and his family alone, the very house. The most funny is the house renovation completed, people ask me where to put TV? I said no design to put the TV where ah, ha ha. 

MCB: your friend is what the selection criteria? 

Ming: I pay attention to is the nature of goodness, "Friends of the straight, Liang, Friends of the multi-Wen" is my standard. Particularly good friend, I will not be many candidates everyone. 

MCB: What you choose to accompany the girls? 

Ming: I certainly hope that the girls can help me, correcting me. My character is limited, will emotional, like dangling a line, I need her nails, no matter how I shake, she can not do without this level, she wanted to give me stability, accurate direction. 

MCB: You are a person with frame? 

Ming: Yes, I have my own box, this character to play Xiang Yu very suitable. I was asked, "You can play Xiang code? You are so gentle." But I know he and I actually somewhat similar character. I have a degree of romanticism, but cautious of this nature is also evident when you see a car, I will first think how to open up, and then will be considered too expensive, the last think I was not like, how like. Others say that the older artists, like me very little and I have great confidence in the company and agent, I will look at the script, then they do that, unless great reluctance, I basically agree, I respect their views.

MCB: You mind what the good life? 

Ming: get breakfast, drive to Kenting diving, a cylinder 40 minutes, I want potential two. So fast down the mountain the sun, cook a bowl of instant noodles to eat. Strangers with the line of people ... ... ... ... not a ride a ride to chat, and then slowly fell asleep. 

MCB: Why is the instant noodles?! 

Ming: have to be instant noodles! Must be instant noodles! Have you ever wondered, instant noodles is to lure the world's most vulnerable people eat the food! Middle of the night if someone called you eat a gluttonous gluttonous feast, you may not eat, but it was next to a bowl of steaming noodles to cook, you will eat, right? Because in the instant noodles represent a convenient time can be delicious, there is a secret, and quickly picked up happy. 

MCB: really easy to meet people. 

Ming: do "Adventure King" program when I have seen many people, there was a king, I asked how much his power, he went to the mountain, pointing to the distance said to me: "You can now see, sun to place all my territory. "I appreciate the many different life, so it holds many lessons for contentment.

END

MD is getting more and more fashionable to fit his celebrity status, I guess but I really love the suits he wore in Zhong Wu Yen drama and he wore it extremely well too. :D But I love his looks much more in Beauty World. He's so undeniably gorgeous there.

Posted Image
MD as Ming Yi impersonating Ming Chong Yan :wub:

Happy New Year 2012 to One and All!

:yeah :hug

Edited by cheeiky, 05 January 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#1331 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

OrangeBlossom55 said:

....I hope there is a better translation of that interview though. They did not mention his military plans at all. Hmm he mentioned acting and if he was not an actor a farmer now that is something I would not have considered.......Absolutely loved Beauty World and all his other drama's. He is wonderful actor and a beautiful person and he will be sorely missed when he goes into the service. I already have he and his family on a prayer list. Things are so crazy and unstable in this world and one never knows when things will get worse and he gets caught up in a real war. God keep Him safe. Sorry did not mean to go off on a tangent. I just wish he could stay out of the military altogether and keep acting. Thanks Cheekily for your post. We need to keep this place alive. Ming Dao is my favorite actor world wide.
Starrei/OrangeBlossom55, When you quote me, you should type your comments outside the quotes, and within the quote, delete unnecessary post or pics like what I did to your post above. Well, I guess MD likes farming life so if he retires from entertainment industry he might do that. Well for interview translation, there must be someone who knows how to read chinese characters and fluent in english to do good translation of his interview. Like there are several news about Happiness of an Angel (Angelo) but I couldn't post it here as it's tedious to edit and summarise. If I'm not mistaken military news should be from Taiwan news not China. Since MD is so popular in China, bad news like this is not really good to report as it's sad news to everyone who likes/loves him even if he's away for a year only. From this interview, I find he's a realistic person and he does learnt from life experiences he had through making variety shows, dramas and movies which I find it to be good as many celebrities may not do that. At the very least he left behind two dramas next year for his fans to indulge upon.

Beijing National Drama Festival 2011 Video Clips

Posted Image

Omigosh! Just found out today that Ming Dao received an award finally after 7 years from his last award. China finally recognised his contribution and he received an award for Most Popular All Rounder Network Artiste in recognition of his work as a host, actor and singer on 23 December 2011. So happy for him~ clapclap :yahoo :happyhappy :thumbsup :yeah

Beijing National Drama Festival 2011 Most Popular All Rounder Artiste Award

The narrator mentioned that MD is an award winning Taiwan Host, an idol dramas Heavenly King, etc and most recently his portrayal in Mei Ren Tian Xia (Beauty World) was very well received. MD said in receiving this award, he is very happy as he felt that it is not necessary that he sings really well or that his acting is really great but whatever he does when he appears on TV, viewers would want to watch and he's able to accompany the viewers at 8.00 pm while having their dinner or doing nothing important but when they see him on TV, the viewers willingly settle down to watch his programmes is already good enough to him. He thanked everyone and thanked all viewers for voting for him.

Beijing Drama Festival 2011 - Edited Parts on MD

Beijing Drama Festival 2011 - Best Theme Drama Singer Award Presentation with MD & Liu

:hug

Edited by cheeiky, 03 January 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#1332 OrangeBlossom55

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

I apologise for the goof up I really am so pc un-savy cheekily. Thank you so much for your post and I already know about the award as I have a friend on f/b who has met MD 5x and she told me about this. She made a minature model of the motorbike he rode in Start and gave it to him as a gift and it is on her photo page. Anyway I think he is so humble in acceptance speech. God has blessed his life abundantly as he blesses others. I bet acting offers are pouring in after this award show. How I wish he could accept. I love all his drama's. viki is subbing Beauty World but they need more subbers. They were only up to 70% of the 1st ep.the last time I checked. Lots of people should comment on the you tube site of LovinU where it is posted. The more popular the more it is likely to be subbed. So everybody comment. Go comment on Mysoju as they say they will post it soon and so will taiwan entertainment sugo but there have to be lots of comments. Bravo Ming Dao your humility charismatic charm and God given talent and hard work have made you a winner. May God bless and keep you safe. :thumbsup clapclap clapclap clapclap clapclap :iloveyou:

#1333 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

Starrei, no need to apologise since I just want you to improve.

Thought I will share some old news as old as in July 2010 but believe MD fans would be interested to know:

Ming Dao single over past 3 years

He plays a womaniser in his latest idol drama Zhong Wu Yan, but in real life, Taiwanese heartthrob Ming Dao has been single for the past three years.

At a recent promotion for the series, the 30-year-old, who has set hearts aflutter with his Prince Charming persona on the screen, revealed the urprising fact about himself, blaming it on his personality and the paparazzi.

"I'm too emotional sometimes. I inherited this from my mum,"he said, explaining that he had a lot of concerns when it comes to dating someone.

"You are taking some sort of risk when you try to ask a girl out, because you know you would be photographed. It would be embarrassing (for both parties when the pictures come out). So after much consideration, I just give up," Nownews.comquoted him as saying.

However, Ming Dao is hoping that one day he can find his Lady Love, someone whose personality resembles that of his co-star in Zhong Wu Yan, Cheryl Yang, according to Udn.com.

"I don’t place much importance on a girl’s looks, although I usually check out the eyes at the first meeting,. I like girls who are calm and sensible, just like Cheryl Yang,” he added.

Source: Nownews.com/Udn.com & The Daily Chilli
Published July 4 2010

Edited by cheeiky, 03 January 2012 - 11:41 PM.

#1334 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

Angelo Filming Site Pictures for past 2 weeks:

Posted Image
Ming Dao as Dr Angelo

Posted Image
Ming Dao and Liu Shi Shi

Posted Image
Xu Zheng Xi and Ming Dao

Edited by cheeiky, 04 January 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#1335 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

【12.01.03 剧照】《天使的幸福》

Angelo "Happiness of an Angel" Stills | 03 Jan 2012

Posted Image

Wandering hand in hand Liu Shi Shi with Ming Dao at the poetic tourist area in the Sanya Island ecological park area along the cliff! Across the two islands, two of them spend their time! Looking forward to this country hit, Angelo (天使的幸福) !

Posted Image

Ming Dao at fishing pier in Sanya Island with the little child, Mora! - Ming Dao and Liu Shi Shi latest hot film idol drama Angelo (天使的幸福) stills.

Posted Image

January 2012 Marie Claire Magazine on Men's Fashion

Credits: Ming Dao@Baidu

#1336 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

Recently I began to watch 23 November 2011 Beauty World Premiere at Anhui TV shared by mingdee on Part 1. For those who haven't watch the whole show, below are the video clips:

Anhui TV Beauty World Premiere 1

Anhui TV Beauty World Premiere 2

Anhui TV Beauty World Premiere 3

Anhui TV Beauty World Premiere 4

Anhui TV Beauty World Premiere 5

Anhui TV Beauty World Premiere 6

Anhui TV Beauty World Premiere 7

If you don't understand Chinese, you can watch Part 5 where the artists performed in songs.

January 2012 Marie Claire Magazine on Men's Fashion
- Ming Dao: What Makes a Man

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:D

Edited by cheeiky, 05 January 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#1337 syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

Shenzhen TV, MD Men's UNO

part 1

Men's Uno
Posted Image

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1356486519

Happiness Of Angel

MD and Anthony hahaha so funny
Posted Image

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1355466524

#1338 syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

trailer "Beauties Of Tang Palace"

#1339 syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

another trailer "BOTE"

#1340 syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

Shenzhen TV, MD Men's UNO part 2

part 3

link

part 4

link

Edited by ~*~Marz~*~, 22 December 2012 - 03:20 AM.
Only 1 video can be embedded per post. Please, leave the rest as links. Thankz.

#1341 syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Happiness Of the angel

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1362502279

#1342 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

Thanks, Syifa for MD latest updates. Maybe, you might like to update your first post here to add MD's 2 awards he received last year, one Youku's Fei Yuen TV Drama Actor 2011 and the other Beijing National Festival's Most Popular All Rounder..... Award 2011.

On The King's Women (BOTE), I only recently watched Yu Zheng's 2011 interviews and he mentioned that Yuan Shan Shan is the first lead actress just like he mentioned that Zheng Guo Lin is the first lead actor in Beauty World and since he's the screenwriter what he said stands. In one of his interviews he revealed that he's the one who choose who to act in the drama series he wrote. The producers have confidence in him in choosing which artists to act the roles since he knows best. There are two important criteria he looks for in choosing artists, one must be good in acting and second must be good looking. He likes to give opportunity to artists who have potential to be great actor/actress so that eventually they will be candidates for main leads. He particularly likes to work with artists who are good nature and have good work ethics like punctuality to work. For example is Yang Mi. He has worked with her in 4 dramas and her punctuality record is excellent (all blue marks) and if he use artists for the first time but work ethics is not that good (got quite a lot of red marks), chances are he will drop them, in other words, they shall no longer be acting in any of his future work. (So he must have like working with MD and seen his capability. Btw, the above are only parts of interviews I extracted out.) :V

One of Yu Zheng's heart desire is to see all China dramas known internationally just like Korean dramas now not only his alone.

Edited by cheeiky, 13 January 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#1343 2mingenfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:03 AM

hello all...and thanks cheeiky and syifa for the updates, clips, photos on MD...the Mens UNO clip was pretty funny..of course wished it was English subbed to enjoy even more..lol..i think his latest drama, Happiness of an Angel will be pretty interesting to watch... will it air 2012? And 2 awards? wow, nice for MD to be acknowledge by Youku and the Beijing National Festival. he always tries to do his best as an actor /entertainer! :D clapclap

#1344 syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

Cheeiky...

thanks for reminder me, yes MD winner award 2011,

this news from baidu nominated for Entertainment Television Awards 2011
best drama "Beauties of tang Palace" and favorite male character (Ming Chong Yan -Beauties of tang Palace)
the winner will be announced tomorrow

credit
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1356826945

Pics Happiness Of Angel
Posted Image

Posted Image
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1365132597

news

"The idol drama "Happiness of an Angel" starring Ming Dao and Liu Shi Shi as leads, are currently filming at Hainan, Sanya. During the interview, Ming Dao revealed that before starting filming for HoaA, he watched Bu Bu Jing Xin once (and also memorised one of Ruoxi's lines from the drama, causing LSS to laugh shyly). This being the first time that LSS has tried a modern style in a modern idol drama, it made MD (who has only seen her in ancient) 'praise her beauty' many times."

credit
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1365794028

another pic
Posted Image

Edited by syifa, 13 January 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#1345 syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

still pics from Happines Of Angel

Posted Image

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1366332987

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1322676482

another pic
http://weibo.com/2513898160/y0JHHyPls

#1346 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hi Syifa, talking about Awards, yesterday I watched an old video clip about MD receiving a 2009 award for being top artiste for idol drama in Han Xi, China together with Chen Qiao En so it means he already received 3 awards in China?

View Postsyifa, on 10 January 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

Shenzhen TV, MD Men's UNO

part 1
link

Here's the show story translated for the above video clip on Season 1 Family Variety Show:

Posted Image

About how the 2 kids, brother and sister going to take up the challenge to be adventurous like Ming Dao in King of Adventure. Boy named Pei Pei called MD to say he's already reached Beijing but MD is still in Shanghai airport and is delayed. He asked is it true that like his mom said Brother MD is not afraid of anything since he's King of Adventure. MD replied that it's considered correct as he's not afraid of most things. Next, Pei Pei asked to cab driver to bring him to the places where he can get animals like lion or tiger that can frighten Brother MD to see if he's truly not afraid. Pei Pei is asking around for an animal that is big and scary to frighten Brother MD but the shop keeper showed him the spider and ask to touch the spider cos he said he's not afraid and decides who touches the spider through rock, scissors & water game with his sister and he lost but he's still afraid to touch the spider, kekeke. (He knows how to talk big but is really timid) Meantime, MD arrives in Beijing for his photoshoot. Next, one shop keeper introduces a friend who keeps peculiar animals and he came to the hotel room where the two kids stays. He showed them Central Bearded Dragon, from lizards family. The kids ask the dragon lizard not to eat them and said Brother MD is handsome and tall so can eat him instead. Hahahahh…. Looks like his sister is braver than Pei Pei, kakaka. His sister, Yue Yue ask Pei Pei not to cry and not to be afraid. Next, meet up with Brother MD and both greeted MD in Cantonese saying How are you? Brother MD, you're fine. MD ask if they are Guangzhou people and what's I love you in Cantonese and taught them Tai dialect (local Taiwan dialect). MD got a bit shocked when he opened his eyes and saw the dragon lizard and told them he was a bit afraid and the second lizard is called Blue Snake (direct translation). MD try to encourage Pei Pei to have courage to touch the Blue Snake's head so again use rock, scissors & water game to decide and Pei Pei will get to go with MD for Men's Uno interview session. Next, MD wrote king (character) on Pei Pei's forehead as he wish him to be braver like tiger. Pei Pei wish is to be like King of Adventure like MD (that's the reason for episode in this show) Then Pei Pei ask Yue Yue if he's now handsome like MD but his sister said he's worse than before. Kakaka… That's why his sister remove the penciled eyebrows. Next, these kids is again on the search for another thing that will make MD frighten since their first surprise didn't really scare him. So they went around asking everyone they meet what they are frighten of. Some are scare of snakes, spider, cockroach, worms, wife and the guy who said wife, the kids ask if he can lend his wife for a while to scare Brother MD and his wife said is it really The Ming Dao and they said yes, and she likes MD too so want to go very much with the kids but then her husband dragged her away. Then Pei Pei called Brother MD if he's scare of wife and he said he's unsure since he don't have a wife. So they continue looking and found a grandmother instead. So they brought this grandmother to MD telling MD that grandmother is very angry but MD is not scare but the kids told him grandfather is scare of grandmother for umpteen years. MD finds the situation funny and laughed and guessed if the grandmother is involved in opera then grandmother revealed that she is his elderly fan. Heheheheee.. Then MD revealed to the kids what he is most afraid of - cockroach and Yue Yue said cockroach you just step on it but MD can't stand trampled cockroach as all splurt out intestines is unbearable and will run out if he sees a cockroach. MD also revealed that he was challenged during King of Adventure days on rock climbing so challenge the kids on rock climbing and succeed will give them a heartfelt gift. Pei Pei took up this challenge and told the guy that he wants to climb up the rock and become a King of Adventure. Yue Yue managed to climb half way then got scared so she cried and her brother comforted her. Her brother next but he's afraid so Yue Yue reminded him that Brother MD ask Pei Pei to be braver so must climb so he called his mom for courage to climb and he did. Meanwhile, MD continued photoshooting and finally finished and made a call to check on the kids but someone else answered the call and told him the kids are in the hospital. Anxious MD called the crew to find out why the kids are in hospital and went out to look for them and was relieved to find they're alright. Since the kids successfully completed their adventure mission, MD contributed his Start photobook with his personal signature and a bracelet heartfelt gift he received during his King of Adventure days from a Chinese man he met in one of the countries he ventured to.

View Post2mingenfan, on 13 January 2012 - 05:03 AM, said:

hello all...and thanks cheeiky and syifa for the updates, clips, photos on MD...the Mens UNO clip was pretty funny..of course wished it was English subbed to enjoy even more..lol..i think his latest drama, Happiness of an Angel will be pretty interesting to watch... will it air 2012? And 2 awards? wow, nice for MD to be acknowledge by Youku and the Beijing National Festival. he always tries to do his best as an actor /entertainer! Posted Image Posted Image
Because you wish to know, the translation above is for you. Happy reading! Posted Image Happiness of an Angel will be aired sometime in December this year. Posted Image

Edited by ~*~Marz~*~, 22 December 2012 - 03:22 AM.
No quoting of vid. Please leave it as a link.

#1347 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

众明星尝试新突破

The Stars Try to Breakthrough | 2012-01-15 Source: NetEase Evening News (Tianjin) 

Reporter Gui-Fang Liu met up with Zhang Ting, Ming Dao, Li Xiao Lu, Ho Sheng Ming, Yang Mi, Tong Li Ya and many other idols of the court historical drama, "Tang Palace Beauty World", is a Tianjin "Binhai Golden Theatre" hit. This drama tells about women court battle, love including magic performances, called "palace magic drama."

Posted Image

(Extract only news on MD) Palace magician Master Ming Chong Yan and twin brother, Ming Yi both roles was acted by Ming Dao in Beauty World. As far as Ming Dao is concerned he said that it is a challenge. Ming Dao admits that, "At first feel great pressure, but know that this is a very good training and excellent opportunity to seek a breakthrough in self, I then persevered on and now looking back, I am very satisfied with my performance."

Source: NetEase News

#1348 syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

cheeiky...

thanks alot for your translate, interaction MD and 2 kids so funny, little boy he's make me lough when he afraid the iguana kekkekeke

and this news about BOTE, the series will be airing on February, gosh ...so happy to watch MingEn again after 3 years ago
credit news
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1370089364

still from Happiness Of An Angel
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1349 OrangeBlossom55

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

Thank you syifa and cheekily for all your posting and pictures and the translations of the family show and the interview. The pictures show both personalities of MD's characters Ming Chong Yan and Ming Yi. What a superb job he did in both roles but then the whole cast was great and the drama was 5 star rated in my opinion. I hope the viki translators/subbers will take this drama on and soon. It appears that happiness of an Angel will be have a happy ending and even a beach wedding. Can't wait for this one. At least we will get to see our prince on screen while he is gone.. Don't even want to think about him in the miltiary. By the way is there any more news about when he will actually leave? Sure going to miss him. We must all watch his drama's while he is gone and support him. I am currently watching Happiness and Love forever again.

#1350 syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

guys, I have subtitle Beauties Of Tang palace but Indonesian language and I'm using google translate but the result is not good. Kindly help me to correct the grammer, if you can help me, I'll try to post the subtitle

stil from Happyness of an Angel, I think I liked cemistry MD and LSS
Posted Image

Posted Image

more pics
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1370449167

and link video

I don't know what this program, MD and the children
Posted Image

credit
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1370537398

Edited by syifa, 15 January 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#1351 2mingenfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:53 AM

hi orangeblossom55. MD really did a great job playing the twin characters in Tang World...thanks once again syifa for the stills and clip of MD in his latest drama. he really looks good there and nice picture of MD with the kids... seems love kids ...the mens uno clip and the picture above.. cheeiky...thank you very much for translating that clip..it truly was funny the poor litte boy..trying to be brave but still..a lilttle boy. MD very comfortable in that segment. In 2012 we will still have the chance to see MD in his various dramas. :thumbsup

#1352 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

Yeah, we still got 2 new dramas of MD to look forward to this year. Both seem to be good ones too. Filming of Happiness of an Angel is finished and MD will be going home.

天使的幸福三亚热拍 明道变奶爸刘诗诗成未婚妈妈

Sanya Hot Drama Happiness of an Angel with Ming Dao as Wet Nurse and Liu Shi Shi as Unwed Mother

2012-01-16 Source: Hainan Net News

Posted Image
Xu Zheng Xi and Jiang Yu Chen

Posted Image
Ming Dao and Liu Shi Shi

(Edited version) Prince charming Ming Dao, beauteous Liu Shi Shi, popular charming Xu Zheng Xi, bright darling Jiang Yu Chen stars in romance drama Happiness of an Angel now currently filming in Sanya. Recently, the production crew open the filming site to media to visit. The drama's main scenes at the beach house of white sand island was finally exposed.

Posted Image

Source & Credit: Hainan Net News

Another news on Happiness of an Angel with photos: 图文:《天使的幸福》杀青 明道自爆与刘诗诗吻戏多

#1353 syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

another link video 7 minute

love this pic
Posted Image

#1354 cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

Today's Taipei Liberty Times news (January 17, 2012) reported that MD has taken temporary leave of absence from his university studies determine to be soldier in February even though his name does not appear in military list.

Sorry, because I presume, one earlier post about MD was incorrect when I reply Starrei/OrangeBlossom's post. :P Below is the truth about how Yu Zheng (Screenwriter of Beauty World) enlisted MD to act in this drama based on video clip below. ^_^*

Superstar is Coming Variety Show: Beauty World Guest Stars Part 7

(Yu Zheng's part only) These 2 years when Yu Zheng produces any drama he's more concern over the fact that the characters should be same as the person who plays the role. In Beauty World, every artiste he enlisted were the same as what he has in mind of the characters he created and also in this drama he wanted to have fun with what he wants to amuse himself with, like Li Xiao Lu, she manages to excel herself in this drama by using all her talents she have and display all in this drama including her singing. For Zhang Ting, he first saw her film and wants her to act in his show cos he has seen that she display variety of characters in her acting and by taking the challenging role of Wu Ze Tian she will once again be able to show her acting prowess. And Zheng Guo Lin's acting causes the director who watches his scenes to feel like giving him a punch. On Ming Dao, he said he's extremely good cos when the first time Yu Zheng got to know of him when Yu Zheng was filming one of his dramas that time, MD was filming Chang'e next door. He heard everyone said that MD's eyes is really good (this could be symbolic or literally acting eyes) and he is very good natured, everything is good, so Yu Zheng thought to himself that he wants to cooperate with MD in his future work cos he felt that not every idol drama actors only can act in idol dramas but they can also act in other things so in the beginning when he look up on MD, he only written 2/3 of the Beauty World script and still got 1/3 to go. He thought that if MD only act as a court magician, we won't be able to see his depth in acting, so Yu Zheng decided to finish up his last bit of script by adding another character, twin brother for MD to act in and on top of it, one twin has to impersonate the other twin which Yu Zheng felt is very difficult to do as their personality is totally opposite, and Yu Zheng finds this really fun. But then he also felt a bit worried cos twins are twins but never one impersonate the other, but he gain confidence through others, and for this drama, unlike others before where there are certain scenes that weren't satisfactory so have to do retakes but for this drama it was not necessary as every actor/actress only need to take only once so Yu Zheng said he's most satisfied.

#1355 OrangeBlossom55

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Thanks cheeiky for your post I always said MD's magnetic eyes speak his every emotion. Everyone notices those incredible eyes of his of couse they add to his overall good looks and charisma. So our prince is not on the list for February to join the military? What does this mean he won't be going or he will. This man determines his own destiny and enlists.. Frankly I hope he does not go in February as BOTE will air and he needs to promote it along with QE and the rest of the cast. What channel will the drama air on anyway?

#1356 syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Before back to Taiwan to prepare militery services, MD shooting CF

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

credit
http://www.libertyti...today-show8.htm

#1357 mingdee

only ming!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

:yeah :thumbsup :yeah

HAPPY NEW DRAGON YEAR 2012 !

I wonder what is mingdao doing next and when is he going to the army? It's been quite quiet. I guess he's wrapping up things before he joins the army.

:)

and thanks cheeiky and syifa for all those updates !

:yeah :yeah :yeah

Edited by mingdee, 27 January 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#1358 syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

This chat between MD and fans in his weibo, 12, 9 2011 when Beauties Of Tang Palace airing in Anhui. In fact had 1500 questions because the limitations time MD answered 50 questions

1. Which character you like, Ming Yan cong or Ming Yii?

For me, two people have the same characters but a different position. I like both.

2. Do you think the most exciting today?

When filming Beauties Of Tang Palace and meet with new things.

3. Why you wanted syuting series that was more oriented to the woman, not frightened only was regarded as the decorator?

Because the production team and the script is very interesting to me.

4. Filming idol drama and wuxia, what's the difference?

For me is the same.

5. If you're a woman, What role that most wanted to be played by you in Beauties Of Tang Palace

The role of the Qing Luan [Yang Mi]

6. What are your plans next?

Resolved shooting Happiness Of Angel and then to Taiwan gathered with my family.

7. you and Lu jia rong acting together whether very happy? What do you think her acting?Together again whether there will be chemistri again?

Yes, her acting is good, working with her again in happiness Of Angel is so exciting.

8. On Beauties Of Tang Palace, what do you think the biggest challenge?

As the twins should show the different faces with different personalities.

9. You play with a lot of female artis, which are the most favorite?

All I Liked

10. At the premiere of Anhui tv you do a good magic, What the most difficult magic in Beauties Of Tang Palace ?

Nothing hard coz director and production team many uses and visual effects.

11. In the Beauties Of Tang Palace, where the most suitable girl to be your type?

Yu Qi Lin

12. When working , Are you often depressed?

I rarely depressed because of work.

13. The character Qi lin and Wang Yu ni jun, whichever you like?

Two both OK.

14. Who Your idol?

Many, but is the main Chou Yun fat.

15. Is your character the same with Ming Cong Yan?

No.

16. What is your favorite food on the mainland?

Beijing duck.

17. This is the first time you acted with Zang Ting, what do you think about Zhang Ting?

Of all the artists on Beauties Of Tang Palace, I most like Zang Ting Because she often gave me advice.

18. what the scene in Beauties Of Tang Palace is the most difficult ?

When asked Qing luan (Yang Mi) to leave the king.

19. To succeed Beauties Of Tang Palace, what factors are important do you think?

Of course, a great script, director and production team is good, playing a good opponent and the luck factor.

20. In series,The good director will make your acting progress such like Li Da Wei in dream heaven. Are you willing to work with them again?

Of Course

21. On the Beauties Of Tang Palace, the achievement of most of what you think?

Could play 2 roles in a different manner.

22. If you're a detective, we must call you what?

You can call me Detective Conan.

23. What do you think the character Yang Mi?

kind and frank.

24. What's your opinion about Li Xiao Lu?

Cute and smart.

25. Would you like to work again with the artist in Beauties Of Tang Palace?

Yes.

26. Now you flimming with Liu Si Si, she artist like what ?

LSS is a total artist in her role.

27. During what most makes this change?

Do not feel myself changing.

28. Who is your favorite actor mainland?

Wu Xiu Bo.

29. Do you think classical costumes or modern costumes more cool for you?

I do not know, you should tell me.

30. Each artist who worked with you must have the lack, according to you who?

Do not ever remember it.

31. You like to interact with the kids, if you get the role as a father would you be interested?

Yes, but acted as a father is very difficult, I had no confidence.

32. Whether in real life do you like magic

No.

33. Is there a desire to make the album the song?

There is, but not in a short time.

34. Play on tv and movies which are more interesting for you?

On tv.

35. What was your first dream?

Make things better.

36. Play as Mingyi very good, why are you crying coz Qing luan?

Because Mingyi felt they shared the same destiny in this world and trust each other but evidently his belief was betrayed

37. What do you think personal character LSS?

Conservative and romantic.

38. MD, Do you will carry out the marriage of lightning?

Of course not because I'm a traditional person.

39. Is there a chance to shoot the movie again?

Yes.

40. Had you been ever regret for entering world of entertainment?

No.

41. Do you think series BeautiesOf tang Palace good results?

Yes.

42. What city in China that most wanted to be visited by you?

Tibet.

43. What is your advice for your fans?

Dared to face anything that happened and tried as well as possible.

44. Now you liked to play wuxia or idol drama?

The two both liked.

45. You seem like a humorous, how reality?

I am a funny person.

46. Have you ever tried to play as a clown?

I play as a clown maybe the audience will not laugh.

47. MD, you are very handsome, what's the secret?

From my mama.

48. What is your wish today?

Hoping my mama always good health.

49. Fans often give you the gift, if allowed to choose what you want you can?

No need to give gifts but if you want to give me you can can give me a book.

There are fans who put up his picture as Mingyi and she says : MD, you are very great acting as Mingyi, really look cruel and sadistic this picture of you so I make siggy. But the expression on your face is really frightfully like a vampire, if you do not feel that your face is like a vampire.

#1359 mingdee

only ming!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

oh thanks syifa for the translation!

There is mingdao news over at e-section .. here is the link

credit athlon@af

http://asianfanatics...0

I really hope mingdao joins the army soon and get it done with. He can return to the entertainment industry after a year or so which is not a long wait for all of us fans.

Jia you mingdao!

#1360 OrangeBlossom55

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

Well Mingdee Ming Dao is in the army as a land soldier and maybe all this nonsense about him avoiding his military obligations will be silenced as it should. be. I think he is concerned and worried about his mother who has been chronically sick since that accident when he was filming YY. I can understand how she feels about him as I have a son his age. I cannot believe he only taking 3,000 dollars with him. How long will that suffice. Don't they get paid in the military in Taiwan like they do in the US? There is a video of the news conference at Miingen Palace/MEP posted by van86 in the MD news thread if anyone here is interested in seeing it. I just know I miss him already and intend to pray for him and his family. So I heard this Mingen ancient drama BOTE/King's Woman is supposed to air this month any news on this? :crying:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users