[AF Radio] General Suggestions

37 replies to this topic

#1 hippokathy88

[ hippO ♥ Freedom ]

• Forum Masters
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:27 AM

Hi guys!

If you have any suggestions feel free to let us know :) We strive to bring the best DJing service to you all so even the tiniest suggestion is appreciated!

#2 nastyhobbit

Calvin は ダイヤ で す!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:07 AM

Can the DJs post their playlists?

#3 crannie

타는 냄새 안 나요?

• Global Ministers
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:41 AM

View Postnastyhobbit, on 03 March 2010 - 02:07 AM, said:

Can the DJs post their playlists?

sure thing ;)

i have updated my radio page with the playlist for the countdown. For the rest of the programming, I will have to post the playlist after the show ends to allow for song requests etc. :thumbsup:

#4 Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

Suggestions:

hmm Anyone is willing and interested to do the voice over of a simple recorded commercial ad of AF Golden Globes 2010 and Mr and Ms AF 2010? and the DJs will play it as commercial gaps fillers.

DJs, continue to keep supplying us Entertainment or Music World adlibs of tidbits/stories.

I know that the DJs are still noob, and AF radio is a golden opportunity for them to hone their skill in DJing and its a multi-tasking job, too but don't worry for there are more rooms for you to improve.

I'm glad there's AF radio.

#5 Night☾☼Day

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

Good afternoon

I want to thank all the DJs who dedicated their time for the enjoy of everyone. I hope i won't become quite boring with all my requests but I have another one :blush (sorry) -But i'm actually listening your shows:

So does any DJ can put some underground, rare or independent asian artists?! Cos I really want to know more about those kind of musics. It doesn't mean that it have to be boring or snobbish tunes

Thanks

Edited by Night & Day, 05 March 2010 - 02:30 PM.

#6 Stephy ♥ Wephy

AF Official Translator

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

^ Richmond Man is by our very own DJ Crannie & his bandmates~~~
should that be considered as Underground?

#7 ♥Kitsiee

Remarkable Five嵐<3

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:20 PM

^
SPOT ON STEPHY. ILY<333

Yes, I think I'll consider that Underground~

#8 crannie

타는 냄새 안 나요?

• Global Ministers
  • 840 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

View PostStephy ♥ Wephy, on 05 March 2010 - 03:02 PM, said:

^ Richmond Man is by our very own DJ Crannie & his bandmates~~~
should that be considered as Underground?

STEPHY I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ON ABOUT

Edited by crannie, 05 March 2010 - 03:35 PM.

#9 Night☾☼Day

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

Sorry

It's my potato moment but what's that Richmond man?! :noclue

N&D

#10 hippokathy88

[ hippO ♥ Freedom ]

• Forum Masters
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

crannie as a member of the DJing team please consider your audience's requests. constant denying of requests may result in your removal of the DJing position. consider this your first warning.

#11 Anime_X

Coke Addict, mmm Coca Cola

• Forum Crew
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:05 AM

Is it possible to have the radio shows available on podcast or in a downloadable audio format so that people who miss the live radio show, they can download it and listen to it? If not then it would be a neat idea I think...

#12 Night☾☼Day

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

Great!!!

Who's djing such great songs?!

N&D

#13 ★cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

^ Right now Crannie's on air :)

#14 Night☾☼Day

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

View Post★cinnamon_coffee, on 07 March 2010 - 12:09 PM, said:

^ Right now Crannie's on air :)

Thanks

When I opened my winamp I heard the automatically AF radio

N&D

#15 Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:21 PM

Yay! My sister asked me if there's AF radio today and I told her none. Ever since, she tuned in to Sarah's show, she likes listening to AF radio. While she's tuning in to Sarah's show and I went out from our parent's room, she immediately asked me, "Who's Jay?" for Sarah kept mentioning his name.

Is DJ crannie DJ-ing?

I was surprised that there's AF radio today and my sister was happy upon knowing that it's on. And I told her that she should tune in, so she could hear DJ crannie's Australian accent but sadly crannie isn't DJ-ing. I told her to tune in some other time.

#16 crannie

타는 냄새 안 나요?

• Global Ministers
  • 840 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

View PostAit, on 07 March 2010 - 02:21 PM, said:

Yay! My sister asked me if there's AF radio today and I told her none. Ever since, she tuned in to Sarah's show, she likes listening to AF radio. While she's tuning in to Sarah's show and I went out from our parent's room, she immediately asked me, "Who's Jay?" for Sarah kept mentioning his name.

Is DJ crannie DJ-ing?

I was surprised that there's AF radio today and my sister was happy upon knowing that it's on. And I told her that she should tune in, so she could hear DJ crannie's Australian accent but sadly crannie isn't DJ-ing. I told her to tune in some other time.

hello Ait! Yeah I have some work to do tonight so I'm just letting my playlist go on shuffle and play whatever haha. But if you want me to make a shoutout to your sister I can hehe.. :P

#17 Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:34 PM

View PostAnime_UK, on 06 March 2010 - 04:05 AM, said:

Is it possible to have the radio shows available on podcast or in a downloadable audio format so that people who miss the live radio show, they can download it and listen to it? If not then it would be a neat idea I think...

That's a brilliant idea.

Actually, I really like the Ni bu zai version crannie played on air for what I have in my music library is LeeHom's concert version and I wanted to pm him to send me a copy of it but I decided against it for I felt shy.

View Postcrannie, on 07 March 2010 - 02:27 PM, said:

hello Ait! Yeah I have some work to do tonight so I'm just letting my playlist go on shuffle and play whatever haha. But if you want me to make a shoutout to your sister I can hehe.. :P

She's already asleep.

:harhar

#18 crannie

타는 냄새 안 나요?

• Global Ministers
  • 840 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

View PostAit, on 07 March 2010 - 02:34 PM, said:

She's already asleep.

:harhar

lol maybe next time :P

in the meantime.. enjoy!!! :V

#19 Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

Happy working, crannie!

Thanks crannie for playing Ni Bu Zai, once more.

Goodmornyt everyone!

Spoiler

#20 doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:38 PM

View Posthippokathy88, on 05 March 2010 - 07:21 PM, said:

crannie as a member of the DJing team please consider your audience's requests. constant denying of requests may result in your removal of the DJing position. consider this your first warning.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :loool:

View PostAit, on 07 March 2010 - 02:21 PM, said:

hahaha omg.. sorry yes. i already tried to control myself :blush i promise i will keep mentioning leehoms name next time :P

but aww thats awesome. tell your sis to tune into all our dj's shows! :D

#21 Night☾☼Day

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

Goodmorning or afternoon ?!

Can we have the schedule of the radio for the week (names of the DJ, day & times) in this thread? But if it's complicated, it's ok, I'll manage myself

My last request for any DJ:

On the radio
Yuki Koyanagi

Thanks in advance

Edited by Night & Day, 12 March 2010 - 12:46 PM.

#22 ★cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

SATURDAY, 13 March
#7am (GMT) Taiwanese Drama OSTs
2-hour show featuring hit songs from Taiwanese Drama OSTs throughout the years, from Meteor Garden to Autumn's Concerto!
show hosted by doraemon♡JAY

UPDATE:
new trivia game will be included in the show. a question will be asked after each song eg. the title of the drama the song belongs to, the main leads, the characters names etc & 100 afs will be rewarded to the first af-member with the correct answer! post your answers in my AF Radio thread :D

SUNDAY, 14 March
#11:30am (GMT) Latte Macchiato Mix
A fresh upbeat mix of Asian and English songs, the most popular hits of the past few years! Feel free to request and suggest them :)
Show hosted by ★cinnamon_coffee

MONDAY, 15 March
-

TUESDAY, 16 March
#6:30am (GMT) Soundtracks you heard and loved
Heard a particular song from the drama that you loved yet couldn't remember? Wanna hear that melody that's been stuck in your head recently? Tune in and stumble upon a 2-hr session with songs from HK, Taiwanese and Korean Dramas.
Hosted by Snow0512 :)

#09:00am (GMT) Espresso shot

Tune in to hear the newest singles from Japanese/Taiwanese/Korean/Chinese music charts.
Hosted by ★cinnamon_coffee

WEDNESDAY, 17 March

-

THURSDAY, 18 March
#02:30pm (GMT) ~Flow with the ballads~
A 2-hr session filled with beautiful and touching ballads in Mandarin, Korean, Cantonese and English.
Hosted by Snow0512 :)

FRIDAY, 19 March

#02:00pm (GMT) Memory Lane
Remember Wang Lee Hom? Jay Chou? All the ones that had debuted so long ago they are considered well-seasoned veterans now. Don't lets forget what made them famous. Lets all take a walk down memory lane with their greatest old hits!
Event hosted by ♥Kitsiee

Edited by ★cinnamon_coffee, 14 March 2010 - 06:07 PM.

#23 nile_lata

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

I have a pool of songs the AF DJs can pull from if they need any K-pop remixes:
Nile Lata (FBE)

Edited by ★cinnamon_coffee, 11 December 2011 - 10:52 AM.
fixed link

#24 Lucky_Doraemon

Back to reality...T_T

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

hmm there could be topic discussions? so while the broadcast is live the topic of the day is ___ and listeners can email stuff into a default mail address with the DJ name as the subject title to differentiate between which DJ the mail is for and maybe the DJ can read some out?

Topics could be relevant to the type of music being played? or current news/season? or just random stuff set by the DJ e.g ....guys in skinny jeans yay or nay? lool

I like the donwloadable podcast idea since live braodacasts are usually at a time when i'm not at the computer. Thanks to all the DJ's~ :worship

#25 MissyRandom

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

View PostLucky_Doraemon, on 21 March 2010 - 06:22 PM, said:

hmm there could be topic discussions? so while the broadcast is live the topic of the day is ___ and listeners can email stuff into a default mail address with the DJ name as the subject title to differentiate between which DJ the mail is for and maybe the DJ can read some out?

Topics could be relevant to the type of music being played? or current news/season? or just random stuff set by the DJ e.g ....guys in skinny jeans yay or nay? lool

I like the donwloadable podcast idea since live braodacasts are usually at a time when i'm not at the computer. Thanks to all the DJ's~ :worship

Yeah, agree. And like a list of like when they will be broadcast so that we don't have to go to each individual Dj's place. Like you can live a link to their own link, so that we can request songs or something.

#26 Randall88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:53 PM

hi... sorry but would like to pop a question here.... how am i able to listen to AFradio using my iphone? juz in case i am out and want to listen to the show....

#27 crannie

타는 냄새 안 나요?

• Global Ministers
  • 840 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

View PostRandall88, on 30 May 2010 - 01:53 PM, said:

hi... sorry but would like to pop a question here.... how am i able to listen to AFradio using my iphone? juz in case i am out and want to listen to the show....

you can just click the weblink (or type the webaddress into your browser), and your iphone should automatically open it up in itunes :)

#28 boggart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

View Postcrannie, on 30 May 2010 - 06:36 PM, said:

you can just click the weblink (or type the webaddress into your browser), and your iphone should automatically open it up in itunes :)
Does not work. We tried that with Eva's broadcast last night.

#29 Randall88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

View Postboggart, on 31 May 2010 - 12:13 AM, said:

Does not work. We tried that with Eva's broadcast last night.

yupz... tried already...

#30 crannie

타는 냄새 안 나요?

• Global Ministers
  • 840 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

hmmm.. what if you guys tried typing this one into your iphone's web browser:

208.43.244.164:8000/listen.pls

#31 lichee10

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:48 AM

View Postcrannie, on 31 May 2010 - 04:13 PM, said:

hmmm.. what if you guys tried typing this one into your iphone's web browser:

208.43.244.164:8000/listen.pls

thanks crannie!!!!
i just tried it right now..... and guess what..... IT WORKS!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup
wooohoooooo!!!!!!!!! clapclap clapclap
thank you thank you!!!!!!!!! :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

#32 Randall88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:20 AM

View Postlichee10, on 01 June 2010 - 07:48 AM, said:

thanks crannie!!!!
i just tried it right now..... and guess what..... IT WORKS!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup
wooohoooooo!!!!!!!!! clapclap clapclap
thank you thank you!!!!!!!!! :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

ok than.. i will try it on the next show... too bad eva not free for her show today...

#33 Randall88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

View PostRandall88, on 06 June 2010 - 08:20 AM, said:

ok than.. i will try it on the next show... too bad eva not free for her show today...
i tried but failed... hiaz >.<

#34 Night☾☼Day

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:18 PM

Does any dj could kindly do an AF radioshow with only korean musics for solidarity for 2 koreas?
If it s possible i would request: Lee Seung Yeol Stand 4 U

Peace

☾☼

#35 JonathanIsHere

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

Hello everyone,

I want to be a DJ. It's just a dream that I always have. I'm available if there's a spot left for me.
I have Chinese songs, because I'm Chinese.
I just want to DJ for a few minutes. If someone can just squeeze me in.
I live in Canada, Ontario.
Thank you.
Hope this will happen.

#36 xiaogu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

this is more a question for other DJs...but I was wondering if it's possible to use Skype to take listener call-ins during a broadcast? I have a feeling I've asked someone this before, but can't remember what the outcome of the discussion was....something about needing extra audio inputs or something (sorry I'm not very good with complicated tech stuff ^_^* )

#37 ★cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

^ yes! :) Only Sarah and cran were using this feature before though so I'm not sure if you would need any extra audio inputs or not, you can PM them on FB because they aren't active here anymore.

Edited by ★cinnamon_coffee, 11 December 2011 - 10:49 AM.

#38 Lita Zorro

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hi, folks!
So, are you recruiting DJs? I used to work for a Russian online radio about one year, broadcasting with voice. I have numerous amount of Chinese songs, much less Korean and Japanese, but I got them too.
I'm using SAM Broadcast, in case it's important.Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users