AF needs funding again

Gui Gui turns mature; popularity sky-rockets!

13 replies to this topic

#1 doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

Gui Gui turns mature; popularity sky-rockets!

Posted Image

Source: On.cc
Translation: Sarah @ http://asianfanatics.net

Last year, Gui Gui left girl group ‘Hey Girl’ to pursue her individual career, and she also officially left ‘I Love Blackies’. Recently, Gui Gui played the role of Huang Yue Ying in Taiwanese idol drama ‘K.O.3an Guo’ and at the end of last year, she also took up the role in hosting ‘Super Player’. With her cute and playful personality, this has helped increase her popularity!

Gui Gui previously studied performing arts, and developed a talent for performing since she was young. In 2005, she participated in the Taiwanese variety show ‘I Love Blackies’. With her cute and cheerful personality, plus her natural talent in performing, she quickly became the most popular amongst ‘Hey Girl’. She has also starred in many idol dramas, including ‘Brown Sugar Macchiato’ and ‘Pi Li MIT’. She was praised for her performance in ‘Pi Li MIT’ and she even sparked rumours with male lead Aaron Yan. Furthermore, she won ‘Best Female Actress’ and ‘Best Onscreen Couple’ in the ‘2009 1st Degree Idol Drama Awards.’ Other than this, Gui Gui has also endorsed many ads in Taiwan, proving her red hot popularity!

Recently, Gui Gui has been busy hosting variety shows, including ‘Super Player’ and ‘Mi Gu’s Star Academy‘ and she will also star in the upcoming idol drama ’17 Teens’; her work schedule is very full. This year, she will turn 21, and is hoping to gradually shed her cute image, and begin to mature and develop a serious working attitude. This will help her become one of Taiwan entertainment industry’s most popular female stars in the new generation!

#2 ★cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for the translation Sarah :D
Yeah, Gui Gui really turned more mature from the last year.
I'm glad she gets more and more attention and roles, I'd love to hear her on solo album though.

#3 franzii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:37 PM

really happy for Gui Gui! :D love her!
hope she can still keep her cute and playful character even though she's going to be mature now.

JIA YOU GUI GUI! hope to see you in another drama with Aaron!
GUILUN forever!

#4 loveghost

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

Thanksssss soo much for the translation ! >w<
i'm soooo happy for her! she becomes more maturee now, but still cutee and has lovely personalities :]]
wish all the best for her career and life :]
LOVE GuiGui forever !! :iloveyou:

#5 chouchic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

I really like Gui Gui!! Hope to see her in more and more dramas!! Does anyone know what 17 teens is about?

#6 ahdee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:44 AM

YESSS! I knew she was going to be in a drama called 17 Teens, now it's confirmed! I hope.. Awwww, yaaay Gui Gui I'm glad she's on her own. She was better as an idividual anyways. <3 Gui Gui Fighting! (=

#7 Karla07

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:37 AM

Congratulations Gui Gui! Finally another drama to look forward to!
Good luck and lots of love for Gui Gui!

#8 mizztaznchick

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:28 AM

Yay!
Glad to hear that she's in another drama<3
Wonder who's she gonna act with this time...hope it will be someone cute/hot :tricky:
But seriously...i miss seeing Guilan and Guiwang together :/

#9 tikklles

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:47 AM

agree gui gui can and could become the new thing in taiwan....she's cute n has a great personality...

#10 angelangie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:54 AM

17 teens? anyone had any information on this dramas? i cant wait for it XD

#11 xiao_mei_mei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:07 AM

is there any news on wat its about, i really want to noe. hopefully its another guilun drama coz theyre so cute together. guilun 4eva!!! :iloveyou:

#12 Jessicalovespilimit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:37 AM

YAYYY!
I LOVE GUIGUI!
ahaha, i reckon she'll still look cute even if she turns 'mature'

<3<3
totally looking forward to her new drama 17 teens, btw. i knew she was gnna be in it, but it's just great now that it's confirmed.
hmm, i wonder if she'll be the female lead?

I hope soo! <3

#13 aznmusiclOve

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

AWWW!!!
Im happy 4 Gui Gui :thumbsup
this is good news clapclap
she is accomplishing so much now that she has left the group and getting recognise more
i mean dont get me wrong in Hey Girls she was also popular but not to that extent lol
until she starred in Pi Li MIT and now is on her own doing her own stuff
so im happy and congratz her ;) hehe
JIA YOU GUI GUI!!!

#14 AznGurl716

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

i'm glad people are finally recognizing her as gui gui, instead of a member of hei girl. I believe she will become like Rainie and Ariel one day. can't wait to see her in a new drama. really hope that Guilun would reunite soon!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users