AF needs funding again

Photo

Gigi Lai gets expensive gifts from husband for carrying twins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36806 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

Gigi Lai gets expensive gifts from husband for carrying twins
Wednesday April 13, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Gigi Lai is 6 months pregnant, she was confirmed to be carrying twins. Gigi was seen shopping with her nanny and friend in Central the other day. The reporter went up to ask her how she was feeling ? Gigi did not reply but just smiled. The reporter saw her double chins as well as her 3 sizes up maternity dress.

Since it was confirmed that Gigi is carrying twins, both families are excited. Husband Ma Ting Koeng even canceled their wedding anniversary party end of January and arranged for her to have a detailed check up at Canossa Hospital. He than asked the servant to cook Chinese tonic for her including superior blood bird nest (頂級血燕) Cordyceps sinensis (特大冬蟲草) and
king maw (花膠王) everyday. Their food bill for those Chinese tonic is costing 300,000 HKD a month.

As a reward for Gigi being pregnant, her husband had bought her a luxury apartment worth
70 million HKD, A 15 million dollar yacht and a 1.2 million dollar BMW car. According to source, after Gigi has given birth to the twins, she will get another luxury apartment from him!

Some people speculate whether she is carrying boys or girls. A friend of the family disclosed that Gigi wants a girl, but husband wants a son. However, the 4D ultrasound scan shows that she is carrying one of each. Gigi revealed she will have another child as she always wanted to have 3 children.

Source:Takungpao /xkb.com (image)
Translator: R.E.D @ http://www.asianvn.com

#2 justsmileXD

justsmileXD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:53 AM

okay so no one knows whether or not GiGi is a gold digger or not and yet reporters are making it appear to be that way. I know she married someone who is older then her (way older) and who is practically well off for the rest of his life, but it doesn't mean she's marrying him because of money. love has no age and so why can't ppl accept that possibility...until she admits it then ppl should stopp assuming..and so what if GiGi has a double chin? she's carrying twins for peek sake..did you expect her too still look thin? my gosh the media needs to stop this..GiGi doesn't need these drama...

#3 misssy

misssy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:02 AM

I don't think the article was implying she's a gold digger. I don't know if everything written is factual but they are just "reporting" it. From her wedding pictures I have to say she looks truely happy, you can see her glowing.

#4 jcjc888

jcjc888

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:47 AM

It seems like everyone is quick to jump in and accuse the media of making Gigi look like a gold digger...... but is there proof that she isn't?

#5 chco115

chco115

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

umm...shes pregnant? so..its normal to gain weight, let alone 3 sizes up maternity dress and a double chin..
man the media reports it like they've never seen someone gain weight when they're going through pregnancy or something...
<sigh>
anyways hope gigi takes care of her health and stuff..
twins...not easy job! =)

#6 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5523 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:45 AM

Wah, so lucky. She's carrying a 'dragon phoenix twins'. It's very auspicious.

#7 Aspire

Aspire

Sweet and Spicy

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6791 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

Instead of those material gifts Gigi's husband should better shower her with love and care. I'm sure she will be even happier if he's with her all the time. Since it's her first pregnancy she will need it more than any luxurious apartments and food. :)

#8 bebe2019

bebe2019

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2955 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Congratulations to Gigi and her family! Hope everything will go smoothly for her

#9 poonie

poonie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

okay so no one knows whether or not GiGi is a gold digger or not and yet reporters are making it appear to be that way. I know she married someone who is older then her (way older) and who is practically well off for the rest of his life, but it doesn't mean she's marrying him because of money. love has no age and so why can't ppl accept that possibility...until she admits it then ppl should stopp assuming..and so what if GiGi has a double chin? she's carrying twins for peek sake..did you expect her too still look thin? my gosh the media needs to stop this..GiGi doesn't need these drama...

Dude did you see her husband? How the hell can a guy like that get a girl like her? LOL jk you're right love knows no boundaries

#10 Fēi~ling

Fēi~ling

Christ The Lord

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3027 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

congrats to Gigi.

if I'm not mistaken, she was dating him for a few years before finally got married(?)

#11 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

Anyways I heard they dated for years (15+ years) before being married for over a year. This piece of news is quite negative making it out that shes in it for the money and looking bad while pregnant!! <_< So what if her husband is spoiling her, maybe thats just his way of showing his love? But he should spend more time with her, but since hes a busy businessman so he makes it up by showering her with gifts!!

Congrats to Gigi for being so lucky on having twins!! Hope she takes extra care of herself and have healthy babies!! :D

#12 asianbelle

asianbelle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:21 PM

Wow didn't she already get like two apartments from the wedding? Why does she need so many apartments, lol. Who knows or who cares if she's a golddigger, but yeah, for someone so beautiful like her to marry that guy... if he wasn't rich or well known I doubt she'd even shed interest in him.

Congrats to her for her pregnancy... hope it goes well!

#13 B x alaN n

B x alaN n

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

Oh, wow. Congrats to her! She's carrying Twins'? That's really cool for her.

#14 onepiece1

onepiece1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

Isn't it wonderful to marry rich! With such gifts I wouldn't mind giving birth every year! LOL

Edited by onepiece1, 15 April 2010 - 05:59 PM.

#15 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5523 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:58 AM

Why some here said her husband didn't spend enough time with her and should spend more time with her. Did the article mentioned that her husband didn't spend enough time with her. The article just said her husband gave her lots of gift.

It's funny how the article just mention the following
- Gigi pregnant with Twins
- Gigi has double chin
- Gigi's husband gave her 2 apartments and will give her more after she gave birth.
- Both family happy with the good news and husband cancelled their anniversary to arrange for a detailed checkup in hospital
- Husband ordered maid to give her lots of nutritional food.

But, readers can deduce that
- Gigi is a gold-digger or the article made her out to be/ implied that she's a gold-digger
- Gigi's husband did not spend enough time with her
- Gigi's husband should shower her with more love and care (meaning that he didn't do enough now).

All I know is Gigi's husband did a lot for her and she was touched. When she most needed support, he was there. He promised to take care of her brother his whole life. Sure, he was crippled and old, but, he treats Gigi good. But, even a good husband can't be with his wife 24/7 and it's silly to request her husband to do so. He has a lot of things to attend to. I bet Gigi would also like some personal space. Also, the article didn't say anything about him not spending enough time with her. Maybe he did both. Gave her apartments and spend time with her. It's not an 'either or' thing.

Edited by reiyi, 17 April 2010 - 02:39 AM.

#16 hippokathy88

hippokathy88

[ hippO ♥ Freedom ]

• Forum Masters
  • 5163 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:42 AM

yeyyyy looks like everything is going well for gigi :D congrats to her and her family!!! cant wait to see the babies :P

#17 seprienna

seprienna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1128 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:36 AM

why is that i feel like Gigi's husband return her a favour by using money instead of loving her and spend more time with her.
i was hoping that she do shopping with her husband instead of her nanny.

#18 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5523 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:49 AM

why is that i feel like Gigi's husband return her a favour by using money instead of loving her and spend more time with her.
i was hoping that she do shopping with her husband instead of her nanny.

Her husband is crippled. How do you expect him to go shopping with her? Honesly, what's wrong with shopping with her nanny? Many men don't like to do shopping. Personally, I don't feel that he's not loving just because he gave her expensive gifts or because he didn't accompany her shopping. Nicholas Tse loving or not? During the photo scandal, he stood by his wife through thick and thin. But, did u see him shopping with Cecilia all the time? Lastly, the reporter only manage to capture one moment where she's shopping with her nanny. Who knows, she and her husband might be deciding how to decorate the babies' room, deciding babies' names, looking at the ultrasound picture together fondly. We don't know. From all the news, the only impression I get is that Gigi's husband loves her very much and Gigi also love him in return. Gigi practially beaming with joy and blissfullnes in her wedding picture.

#19 hellomashi

hellomashi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1738 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

Congratulations to Gigi! I'm so happy for her that God give so much blessings to her. I'm glad for them that she's carrying twins, a boy and a girl!!

#20 shadow711

shadow711

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

why does gigi needs so many apartments? shouldnt she be living with her husband... but congrats and having a dragon and phoenix twins is really lucky

#21 swtvtgrl

swtvtgrl

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1746 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

Congrats to Gigi!!! clapclap I'm glad she's doing well after her departure in the entertainment circle.

I don't see anything wrong with Gigi's husband spoiling her. Gigi deserves every bit of it. Gigi is almost 40, and she's carrying twins. There's a lot of potential health risk for her. But I'm glad Gigi's husband is taking care of her.

Owning a lot of apartments is a good investment. Whether it is for love or money is not for us to judge. Gigi's husband helped her through her biggest crisis in life. He supported her when she was at the lowest point in her life. I'm glad she found someone who can stick with her through anything.

#22 luvable

luvable

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:22 PM

Gigi seems very happy. She's been wanting a baby for a while now and to have 2 that's even better. I've got a feeling its through IVF. But anyways congratulations to her and her husband.

#23 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5523 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

why does gigi needs so many apartments? shouldnt she be living with her husband... but congrats and having a dragon and phoenix twins is really lucky

Apartments are asset. It's part of your wealth. You can sell your apartment when you need money or can sell for high price if the market is good. You can also pass down your apartment to your children and you can rent it out for extra income.

Edited by reiyi, 17 April 2010 - 02:31 AM.

#24 momo~style

momo~style

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:53 AM

Congratulations to Gigi for having twins =D

#25 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3059 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:06 AM

"As a reward"...
Yea, this article definitely makes Gigi sound like a gold digger!
I dunno what some thinks but marrying a 53 year old man (Gigi is 38) thats disabled and looks like this (he looks more like her uncle and Gigi can do better) everyone will think that Gigi is a gold digger.
Posted Image
It may be true love but do you really think Gigi will still choose him if he's not a millionaire?
I think she chose to marry him cause he can financially support her brother and her and she's tired from showbiz so she wants to settle down and he happens to have been there for her when she was in desperate needs.

Edited by Sabby, 17 April 2010 - 03:07 AM.

#26 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5523 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:20 AM

"As a reward"...
Yea, this article definitely makes Gigi sound like a gold digger!
I dunno what some thinks but marrying a 53 year old man (Gigi is 38) thats disabled and looks like this (he looks more like her uncle and Gigi can do better) everyone will think that Gigi is a gold digger.

It may be true love but do you really think Gigi will still choose him if he's not a millionaire?
I think she chose to marry him cause he can financially support her brother and her and she's tired from showbiz so she wants to settle down and he happens to have been there for her when she was in desperate needs.

Do better in what way? Getting a younger and more handsome man? That's supposed to be better than marry a rich man? That's supposed to be more genuine love? Isn't a good man someone who can stand by you through thick and thin and be there for you when you most need him (and that's what her husband did for her)? If Gigi can do better, she wouldn't have to wait until she's near 40 to marry. This guy obviously is the best among her options if she chose to marry him.

Edited by hippokathy88, 17 April 2010 - 11:56 AM.
quoting img