AF needs funding again

Photo

Sammi Cheng opens up on failed romance with Andy Hui

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

Sammi Cheng opens up on failed romance with Andy Hui
After a highly publicized split from singer-actor, Andy Hui six years ago, the Queen of Cantopop finally breaks her silence and speaks of the failed romance.

Posted Image

Source : xinmsn.com

After a highly publicized split from singer-actor, Andy Hui six years ago, the Queen of Cantopop finally breaks her silence and speaks of the failed romance.

Hong Kong actress-singer Sammi Cheng's recent comeback to the entertainment scene after a battle with depression has been filled with talk of her previous 13-year romance with fellow Hong Kong artiste, Andy Hui.

The pair started dating in 1991 and broke up in early 2004 when Andy publicly announced the end of their 13-year relationship. After their high-profiled breakup, Sammi was labeled as an overbearing and bad tempered person, and was reportedly not well-liked amongst Andy's fellow buddies like Dicky Cheung.

Currently at Taiwan for her concert stopover and a new MV shoot, the 37-year-old finally broke her six-year long silence and explained the reason behind their breakup to the Taiwanese press.

"The old me used to be very willful and I took the people who loved me for granted. I am such a person and I have a fiery temper! Especially when I know that he is a person who loves me, it is easier for me to vent my anger on him," she said.

Unlike her previous self who only knew how to "be loved" by others, Sammi shares that she has learnt how to "sacrifice" now. She believes that "whoever falls in love with me now, will definitely be very happy. I promise."

When asked if she regretted going separate ways with Andy, the Cantopop crooner hesitated a little before replying, "I think there are many instances of regrets in life. When you think of some regrets, it doesn't hurt anymore, but you will still regret. A lot of things in life are like this I guess!"

Although the rumour mill has been actively churning out reports of a Sammi-Andy reunion, the latter maintains a staunch "we are only good friends" stance.

When reporters asked if a reunion between them is possible, Sammi expressed, "I have no assurance over anything. Let God handle it!"

#2 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

Such a shame that they have dated for so many years and they have to break up!! But since they remained good friends, maybe there is a chance to get back together? Hmmm shes letting fate to decide? :tricky: Never say never!!!

#3 The Lone Moon

The Lone Moon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:22 PM

Indeed! They dated for so long, and it's over. That's sucky... ~_~ Well, hope all goes well here on out

#4 onetwothreefour

onetwothreefour

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

Seriously in my heart they'll always be like a couple o.O. When I think of Andy, I think of Sammi and vice versa, they'll always be linked in a way. Actually I remember Andy saying that Sammi has this special place in his heart so I don't think a reunion is impossible.

#5 blackcat

blackcat

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:52 PM

Wow... 13 years. It's a shame that they broke up but maybe "fate" will bring them back together again.

#6 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36456 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:23 AM

Sammi Cheng would give up her career for love
Friday April 16, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Sammi suffered from depression before. When she was in Taiwan promoting her record, she disclosed her experience when she was depressed. At the height of her illness, she didn't take bath for a week and ate excessively until she found religion. Sammi also revealed that she is hoping she will find love and will not rule out getting marry very swiftly. She is willing to give up her career to be with her other half where ever he wants to go.

Sammi revealed that she put on 20 pounds when during her depression because she was eating so much. She locked herself in her house for a week without a bath. Now thinking back, she feels scared. She knew she has everything, yet she felt empty at the time. Since she became a Christian, she learned to pray and control her emotion. Believe in God helps her to live again, and she has someting she can rely on. In the past, she did not treasure her loved ones, always put herself first. Now she is treating her famliy much better. Reporter asked if she is thinking about reconciliation with Andy Hui? She said "All depends on God"

Sammi hopes her other half will also believe in God so that when they can spread God's good news together. Talking about as Christian, she can't have "sex before marriage", Sammi felt embarrased, she said "I will try to obey".

Source:MingPao
Translator: R.E.D @ http://www.asianvn.com

#7 echizen82

echizen82

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:41 AM

It sucks they broke up. They had such a great relationship too. I have the same feelings as Sammi because I went through similar breakup with my first ex. It was tough, but understands that whoever falls in love with me, I will be happy

#8 alf

alf

AF Idol 2005

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:59 AM

really admire the new sammi. she is a much happier person now. hope she will find a good man soon.

#9 swatninja

swatninja

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:41 AM

I cant even bare to let go a person that i've known for that long, to let go of a relationship? Something really went bad in that relationship.

#10 Pooky

Pooky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:54 AM

sounds like sammi was the one who was bad tempered, and even if she was the one who had everything, she wasn't satisifed. I"m glad she found a way to control her temper and hopefully she will get back in a relationship again that will free herself rather than going the opposite way. Do everything you need to do to be happy sammi.

#11 syc820

syc820

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:43 AM

I'm so glad she opened up herself and loving life more. I really love her and Andy and hope they would be together in the future. It would be so nice! =D

#12 Teiji

Teiji

Forever Lonely

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:41 AM

Sammi sounds very matured. She knows her wrongs and changes. Glad for her. Go Sammi!! Hope you find another love soon. :)

#13 Asian-aholic

Asian-aholic

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:23 AM

she has definitely changed, more mature and at ease with herself. Romance or not, I hope she is happy. She is a terrific talent and has nothing but positivity to look forward to.

#14 scrabbler

scrabbler

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:45 PM

They seem to still be so close, it would be very nice if they were able to get back together!
13 years is a ridiculous long time!

#15 Sleepyunju

Sleepyunju

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

Sammi is very honest about how she was before. I guess being one of the top in the industry, it's very easy to forget that love needs to be cherish. I guess what happened with Andy Hui is a wake up call for her. Well, they've been together for so many years and it's just so natural to see them as a couple. But I wonder if all these talks about their reunion hurts Andy's current gf. I remember reading something that Andy Hui has a gf, right?