AF needs funding again

- - - - -

White girl can't attract Asian guys :( help?

97 replies to this topic

#1 茉莉花

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

I'm a white American college student; about 5'6" 135 pounds (slim/skinny) but I still have "a nice rack" as I've been told way too many times, as well as clear light skin. I speak Chinese conversationally and can read traditional characters, and I know a lot about Asian culture in general.

I like Asian guys because I generally get along with Asians better, and of course I think they're pretty handsome and they tend to treat their girlfriends better than white guys do... at least from my experience.

I've been in Taipei for about 8 months and have only attracted two creepy guys about 10 years older than me. What's my problem? How can I seem more approachable to Taiwanese/Asian guys (my age)? Some people have told me that they're just too intimidated to talk to me... but I'm afraid I will seem too aggressive if I talk to them first.

Help me please! :[
Thanks!!

#2 zool0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

I think you'll be ok if you approach a guy. Perhaps engaging in small talk, they probably think you don't speak mandarin and are intimidated because their English may not be very good. Or just that they wouldn't think a white girl wouldn't find asian guys attractive.

Try and get involved with activities with the opportunity to meet new people.

Good luck!

#3 Eada

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

well its true that they may feel intimidated by a white but that because they view whites as superior. so you may want to make friends with them first and slowly you will find one.. anw asian gals think that white males are better

#4 sexually used

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

Well? I have dated ALOT of white Girls..And I will say this..

From my experience "THEY ALWAYS OVER DO IT" Just be yourself and kind of lay off the whole cultural thingy..Just an awareness and respect in different culture is good enough.

Sure you may have your cultural differences and in some cases you may not..Depending on if the person grew up outside of Asia most of there life...But? It should really be about You and that Person.

Focus more on this..Not the Race or Culture.

I actually had this Girl make me a NICE Steak Dinner which was GREAT!!! :thumbsup until she brought out the CHOPSTICKS!! LMAO :thumbdown

#5 Night☾☼Day

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

Again the same mix up between non attraction and difference cultural...

If you'd be attracted by an european or american etc...and the attraction isn't mutual would you think it's on account of a cultural reason?

Everybody has ever been rejected once in his life...

N&D

#6 hippokathy88

[ hippO ♥ Freedom ]

• Forum Masters
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

intimidation could be a factor but it's most likely because you're different. people are more likely to be attracted to people who possess physical traits that they can relate to or can associate with. you being white is a "strange" concept to taiwanese people (who live and grow up in taiwan). also it could be that they assume that you cant speak chinese, and they may not be good at english so they think they dont have a chance at conversing with you.

next time just approach the guys first if you're interested. you're raising doubts and you're the only one who can fix them :)

#7 FlyChiGuy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:41 AM

Well I haven't been to Taiwan but I have read old thread about people saying native guys there tend to only look at Caucasian women as for sex only or something negative. I don't know how true or general that maybe but I think sexually used brought up a good point about different cultures and "over doing it" so to say. I think you just have to be yourself and not think too much about the culture clash. I think to be more approachable (you already sound like a pretty nice person btw) would simply be to smile and say hello to someone that catches your eye. I think that can go a long way and if he responds just make small talk and see what happens. Good luck.

#8 Majestic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

The truth is... basing my opinon on your picture, your not the most attractive person out there. I'm not being offensive, but your best strategy in pulling guys would have to be your personality, speech etc... If this is the case, then use that to your advantage, pleasantly surprise Chinese guys with your understanding of your language for example. It's not really anything to do with race, unless your chasing extremely conservative traditional Asian males.

#9 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

Eada, on 23 April 2010 - 10:35 AM, said:

well its true that they may feel intimidated by a white but that because they view whites as superior. so you may want to make friends with them first and slowly you will find one.. anw asian gals think that white males are better

It disgusting that's how YOU think

sexually used, on 23 April 2010 - 11:52 AM, said:

I actually had this Girl make me a NICE Steak Dinner which was GREAT!!! :thumbsup until she brought out the CHOPSTICKS!! LMAO :thumbdown

Does anyone REALLY think we would eat steak with chopsticks??? We know what a fork is. It's not as if we never used one

Edited by 6shot, 29 April 2010 - 02:19 PM.

#10 Guest_Dominic_*

• Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

That's cool that you speak Chinese, it's a definite plus. Girls like that are one in a million, so I'm sure guys are all over you in Taipei. As an Asian guy myself, I can tell you that Asian and western culture are very different. Very different lifestyles. Facebook is a great example that shows the difference. If you look at the photo album of most westerners, they have photos of club parties, bars, pubs, promiscuity... a lot of things that involve reckless activity, socialization, and excessive drinking. In an Asian photo album, it's much more chill - photos of family, hanging out with friends, vacations, restaurants, etc. There's nothing wrong with either, they're just different. So when I see a white girl, I instinctively picture the western 'Facebook-photo-album' lifestyle...

If you want to attract more Asian guys, it might be a good idea to make the first move to show you're interested, because it's that image of cultural difference that makes a guy wonder, "She's pretty, but is she into me? She's western!" Show signs you're interested and let the guy do the rest of the pursuing. The fact that you can speak Chinese (at any level) is one of the best ways to show interest because if you speak Chinese, how can you possibly be close-minded?

#11 Eterion

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:50 AM

茉莉花, on 22 April 2010 - 05:32 PM, said:

I'm a white American college student; about 5'6" 135 pounds (slim/skinny) but I still have "a nice rack" as I've been told way too many times, as well as clear light skin. I speak Chinese conversationally and can read traditional characters, and I know a lot about Asian culture in general.

I like Asian guys because I generally get along with Asians better, and of course I think they're pretty handsome and they tend to treat their girlfriends better than white guys do... at least from my experience.

I've been in Taipei for about 8 months and have only attracted two creepy guys about 10 years older than me. What's my problem? How can I seem more approachable to Taiwanese/Asian guys (my age)? Some people have told me that they're just too intimidated to talk to me... but I'm afraid I will seem too aggressive if I talk to them first.

Thanks!!

Hey that's pretty awesome you're going to college in Taipei - something I've always wanted to do was travel abroad for college. Anyway...back to your post =P

I think a good way for you to break the ice is to strike up a conversation first. Doesn't have to be with a cute guy - any decent guy for that matter would be good. First of all, most asian guys are probably a bit intimidated or shy around you since they either think you don't speak good enough Chinese or that they don't speak good enough English. There's also that little stigma that most "American" girls don't go for asian guys. Whatever. Haha =P

But the important thing is meeting more people. So strike up a conversation with some people, and usually-eventually, that may lead to them introducing you to their other asian friends. Take things one step at a time, for all that you know you may have already caught some cute asian guy's eyes, but he just didn't know how to approach you. =P

#12 Guest_Hao_*

• Guests

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:58 PM

Hey i love white girls LOL! And that's why AMERICA ROCKS!!!

#13 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:03 AM

work in a asian place and don't say you're there to learn experience, or needed a job.

say you are there because I like it being here, and also add the reality of life (damn, I hate this customer because blah blah blah).

#14 White Cloud

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:08 AM

I apologize for this but you dont have the look for a Asian guy and people like me finding you're quite unattractive. If it was 4-5years ago where we only see positive about white people then you would stand a really high chance in finding a good looking Asian guy because back then we used to do anything to date white people, but now it's kinda outdated and everyone is sick of it, Asian in general are interested in feminine girls and they especially going for Asian girls in general...

Well, those Taiwanese are putting their lives in danger to defend the things you people so called "democracy" so traveling to Taiwan and meeting new nice people all the time will not only increase your chance of finding your true love but also the relationship between our people too. Unlike most interracial relationship that involved in too much sex you should take your time and wait for the right person...when it comes it comes so gl

#15 Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

Maybe you just don't have the looks, cause even though a lot of people deny it, there definitely is a difference between how the average asian girl looks and how the average white girl looks.

Really, the stereotypes I've heard while in america were that asian men are chauvinist and traditional, thinking women are inferior and beating their wives all day.

#16 Guest_guest_*

• Guests

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:42 AM

somehow I doubt most East Asian guys beat their wives. It wouldn't surprise me if it happened to be a white or black guy, or maybe even sometimes Indian, but of all races ... usually not East Asian. I'm NOT saying that out of making ideas, it just seems some western people are a bit more aggressive, reckless or careless in behaviour. Of course not everyone but some

at most, I think most Asian guys just argue with their girlfriends or wives sometimes. almost all couples do it sometime. I think in
general, that Asian guys do try to treat their girls somewhat better, like some are just more passive or just don't want to argue or
fight too much

Like maybe the stereotypical Asian guy (mainly Chinese), I can't imagine them abusing his gf or wife. He goes to work, goes home to his wife, and whatever. I don't imagine that he gets drunk or whatever and beats his wife. We've all heard of some white guys or maybe some black guys who do, but not often Asians. And no, he wouldn't be the type to sit around and spend all day on his car or sports

Unless he's a punk ... I think Asian guys in general, mainly show more good manners, respect and how much we like / care about our girl

#17 Str8Shooter

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

Judging by your photo it may not be because you're white.

Just giving you the honest truth.

#18 White Cloud

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

guest, on 25 November 2010 - 01:42 AM, said:

somehow I doubt most East Asian guys beat their wives. It wouldn't surprise me if it happened to be a white or black guy, or maybe even sometimes Indian, but of all races ... usually not East Asian. I'm NOT saying that out of making ideas, it just seems some western people are a bit more aggressive, reckless or careless in behaviour. Of course not everyone but some

at most, I think most Asian guys just argue with their girlfriends or wives sometimes. almost all couples do it sometime. I think in
general, that Asian guys do try to treat their girls somewhat better, like some are just more passive or just don't want to argue or
fight too much

Like maybe the stereotypical Asian guy (mainly Chinese), I can't imagine them abusing his gf or wife. He goes to work, goes home to his wife, and whatever. I don't imagine that he gets drunk or whatever and beats his wife. We've all heard of some white guys or maybe some black guys who do, but not often Asians. And no, he wouldn't be the type to sit around and spend all day on his car or sports

Unless he's a punk ... I think Asian guys in general, mainly show more good manners, respect and how much we like / care about our girl

Yeah you are right about this. I have a lot of experiences with Vietnamese and Chinese over here and let me tell you the truth, Vietnamese men treat their women the opposite of beating and I think we are getting beaten by them.

There are a lot of great couples over here;

1- The family on the opposite side of my house is a family of a Vietnamese women and a Chinese guy and the guy seem extremely gentle and he even sat down and talk to me when I'm mad at something. Obviously, he doesn't look like a jerk either
2- My cousin married a Chinese girl and she is treated very well, not like a queen but she's treated good and they are happy couple
3- My friend's sister is dating a really cool Chinese guy and they used to revise their work every night altogether for years and they are still virgins...weird
4- While his sister is dating a Chinese guy, his little brother is dating a Chinese Malaysian girl and some of my friend seem envious of it....

While, everyone of us is dating anyone we find most attractive, i always find Vietnamese-Chinese couples the most interesting and the most common from a overseas perspective. Seem like they are hating but they always interact the most with each other...also weird

#19 Guest_international_*

• Guests

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:49 AM

eeemmm i am white and my husband is asian.
i have a good friend he is chinese she is white.
i know a person they just get a baby together she is white he is asian.

and lot of other examples. the world is big, and also many white asian couples.
ur writing here is to me more like an publicize about urself and that u are searching for an asian guy on ur side.
note forbidden, but dont write then like that " White girl can't attract Asian guys :( help? "
better write like that: " White girl seak asian guy, please pay attention! "

:-)

No offence meant!

#20 Guest_uuuu_*

• Guests

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

茉莉花, on 22 April 2010 - 05:32 PM, said:

Thanks!!

you are attracting the wrong type of asians.........
u need to come back to the states and talk to the asian americans
we will bust a move on you, and will not be 10 yrs older
the asians in asia i.e. HK, TWN, KR, JN are too girly

#21 Guest_uuuu_*

• Guests

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

uuuu, on 03 December 2010 - 09:32 PM, said:

you are attracting the wrong type of asians.........
u need to come back to the states and talk to the asian americans
we will bust a move on you, and will not be 10 yrs older
the asians in asia i.e. HK, TWN, KR, JN are too girly

also 5,6 tall
at 135 is not considered skinny, try to drop down to 115, than your rack will become a RRRR AAAA CCC KKKK ( * )( * )

#22 Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:12 PM

uuuu, on 03 December 2010 - 09:34 PM, said:

also 5,6 tall
at 135 is not considered skinny, try to drop down to 115, than your rack will become a RRRR AAAA CCC KKKK ( * )( * )

Or she may lose her rack. True story.

#23 TomS23

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:18 AM

Are you serious? a lot of asian guys are attracted to white girls. I was just on a social network for Western girls interested in Asian guys, and Asian guys interested in Western girls. http://www.asiancaucasianturf.com

#24 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

it depends their preference. generally, they don't have white girlfriend due to history, cultural background, although they may "want" one. doesn't mean they actually "want" one get it? if you want to attract them, just be yourself, join clubs, talk to them. generally they are shy. even if they like you, the majority of them are shy and sometimes can't see themselves with a white girl, even if they have confidence, it's socially awkward,

all the asian guys want to have sex with a white girl, who doesn't ? but in terms of relationship, not sure. unless you can get them in bed and then they are emotionally attached to you. in my area, you don't see much white girl asian guy mid 20s.. but you do see a lot of 30s white girl asian guy pushing a baby kart, (meaning their married).

if dating, they don't show, but once they had a baby or married, they show to the public.

#25 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:37 PM

I would date you, but you're all the way in taiwan. and plus just because you have a nice rack doesn't mean I would like you. if you're uglier than an asian, then I'd go for an asian girl. that's just the way it is. if some guy is richer who'd you go for? similar example.

the area I live in again, after the baby cart, then you know it's serious. I have always wanted a white girl cuz I grew up with them. but often, I'm shy and don't know how to approach them. and plus I'm not sure do they want an asian guy. even though you may speak chinese, all into the chinese/asian culture, doesn't make it you would want to date an asian. you get white couples that know chinese, and yet they are still dating (their own race), get my point?

you'll all the way in taiwan, and I can go there for vacation, and plus I'll probably meet other white girls that are in the same boat as you.

by then, I need to make a asianfanatics forum username so we can communicate rather than this hidden username that I'm doing here. I'm also the person posted right before this reply.

#26 peaceprince

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

Well, I'm an asian guy, so maybe I can give you good advice C;

Asian guys can get pretty scared if you approach them very directly, or if you are very talkative.
I guess that the best you could do is build it up. Speak to the person occasionally, and don't seem to "needy".

#27 Olive Juice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

peaceprince, on 09 February 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

Well, I'm an asian guy, so maybe I can give you good advice C;

Asian guys can get pretty scared if you approach them very directly, or if you are very talkative.
I guess that the best you could do is build it up. Speak to the person occasionally, and don't seem to "needy".

Can't say that for all Asian guys out there. I'm Asian and I happen to both like girls who are direct and talkative. Maybe that is true for some who are timid and or lack confidence, but don't generalize.

#28 peaceprince

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

That's why I said CAN. I'm speaking out of my own experience, and those of my friends.

#29 Guest_o_o : )_*

• Guests

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:56 AM

peaceprince, on 09 February 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

saying "pretty scared" sounds exaggerated

Maybe sorta shy or might not feel ready right away with an immediate response, simply because they wouldn't be used to someone approaching them. but it's not as if they're gonna run away or whatever, saying "scared" is just exaggerated

not everyone is good with long convo, at least maybe not for a while, until they feel more comfortable or have more to talk about. but even if they have have a wide variety of things they would be interested in having convo about ... people have to feel comfortable first

so yeah, small talk is good to start out. just general little things (things like weather, the news, etc.

it's possible. it all depends hwo people present themselves. Some are more talkative and open, and some are more quiet

#30 Lens R Us

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:00 AM

This is how I see it. In America, Americans tend to be more attracted to other Americans, cept for minorities that love asians. & in Asia, its the same, Asians tend to be more attracted to other Asians, cept for minorities that love caucasians. Usually Americans will turn their heads at pretty asians, and Asians will turn their heads at pretty caucasian. Really though, don`t go for a single race. Just let it happen.

#31 Guest_Genesforeveryone_*

• Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

Lens R Us, on 16 February 2011 - 01:00 AM, said:

This is how I see it. In America, Americans tend to be more attracted to other Americans, cept for minorities that love asians. & in Asia, its the same, Asians tend to be more attracted to other Asians, cept for minorities that love caucasians. Usually Americans will turn their heads at pretty asians, and Asians will turn their heads at pretty caucasian. Really though, don`t go for a single race. Just let it happen.

I read that women are easier to attracted to other races because their body counts that means new genes :thumbsup

#32 Guest_Tiger_*

• Guests

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:04 AM

I am the other way around. I live in Brisbane(Australia). I found out that many white girl not interesting in asian guy. :crying:

#33 Guest_Crossliking_*

• Guests

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

Tiger, on 30 April 2011 - 06:04 AM, said:

I am the other way around. I live in Brisbane(Australia). I found out that many white girl not interesting in asian guy. :crying:

There, there :alright . Me likey one Asian guy clapclap Only thing that he does not likey me :crying:

#34 Guest_asianguycanttalktoblackgir_*

• Guests

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:49 AM

from my experience, white girls don't talk to asians because white girls have nothing to say to asians, and asians generally are quiet, depends of course. the work I do, I deal with many white girls, those business types, we always talk about business, economics, accounting, marketing, "something to talk about", but when work is over.

there is nothing to talk about. it's probably one of the most boring relationships, they just talk about everyday things after work, what do you want to eat, I'm tired, expression of feeling and emotion, nothing negative or positive, more like baby talk.

in my area, you don't see many white girl asian guy in their teens or young adult, usually you see those types when they married, pushing a stroller with their baby, that's when people and culture take them "serious".

interracial couples when dating, people under the table don't see them serious. again, when the baby pops out and the wife or husband are taking care of the children together, that's when you know the courting, or dating were serious. ta daa!!

#35 Guest_@_@_*

• Guests

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

for me, it's not so much about culture, it's simply needing chemistry and connection.

I think a possible "issue" right now, is that it's not exactly the best time for me to date, so it's not SO much of a primary focus right now ... but if everything was cool and things have settled down, like finally being more available ... then yeah, I could focus on it a little more ... but right now, not so sure. What I want to do, is get girls to like me ... not just ANY girls, but more in particular ones I would consider going out with in the future, and other ones are just friends. I'm just not ready for dating, not just yet

#36 Guest_rzenia96@wp.pl_*

• Guests

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

I have other question which is actually related to the relationshipes between white female and asian male , why the TV promoting only asian -asian couples , there is none Asian star that i know that is dating a white girl or white man.Don't you think it is kind off very old fashion and unreasonable, where is integration of the minority into the majority? If like this will go further Asia will stay a way behine all other continents...... :( :wave: :argh

#37 Guest_bah_*

• Guests

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:21 AM

rzenia96@wp.pl, on 06 June 2011 - 09:15 PM, said:

I have other question which is actually related to the relationshipes between white female and asian male , why the TV promoting only asian -asian couples , there is none Asian star that i know that is dating a white girl or white man.Don't you think it is kind off very old fashion and unreasonable, where is integration of the minority into the majority? If like this will go further Asia will stay a way behine all other continents...... :( :wave: :argh

I know it sounds racist, but media doesn't like to promote interracial relationships. It's just the media favouring the majority

#38 Guest_rzenia50@wp.pl_*

• Guests

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:26 PM

:STUPID

bah, on 10 June 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

I know it sounds racist, but media doesn't like to promote interracial relationships. It's just the media favouring the majority
Well when do you think it will going to change ?Cause i believe it will go both ways if there is no integration than USA and Europe will not promote this sort of ideas as well , then soon it will be devided into Asian looking ppl which even if they what to have any relationshipes in Europe (i know that many of them coming to study either in Europe or USA) they will not be able because white girls or boys will think how other ppl will look at them if they will show up whith asian partner :STUPID ^_^*

#39 ★cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

rzenia50@wp.pl, on 12 June 2011 - 11:26 PM, said:

:STUPID
Well when do you think it will going to change ?Cause i believe it will go both ways if there is no integration than USA and Europe will not promote this sort of ideas as well , then soon it will be devided into Asian looking ppl which even if they what to have any relationshipes in Europe (i know that many of them coming to study either in Europe or USA) they will not be able because white girls or boys will think how other ppl will look at them if they will show up whith asian partner :STUPID ^_^*

Now, that is quite immature thing to say, you know? If your approach is like that right now, I think you should still wait before you enter any relationship at all.

Besides, it doesn't matter if some countries are promoting interracial marriages/relationships or not because the number of them is significantly on the rise anyways throughout the last few years, just read any article out there.

Edited by ★cinnamon_coffee, 13 June 2011 - 09:49 AM.

#40 Guest_just a guy_*

• Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

Well when do you think it will going to change ?Cause i believe it will go both ways if there is no integration than USA and Europe will not promote this sort of ideas as well , then soon it will be devided into Asian looking ppl which even if they what to have any relationshipes in Europe (i know that many of them coming to study either in Europe or USA) they will not be able because white girls or boys will think how other ppl will look at them if they will show up whith asian partner

i think you guys are deviating, the point is media often reflect what is happening in today's society. the fact is, there are ALOT more Asian-Asian couples than there are Asian-White couples. therefore the media.

on the situation of this American girl in Taiwan, i actually have a thought.

a little backgroud, i am a FOB in the UK. Although i'll like to think i'm slightly more in tune to the Western culture than most in my situation. I have alternated between international and local schools in Asia resulting in me being able to see stark differences between the two cultures.

the thing about Asian guys(East-Asian ones, not the ABCs or BBCs) is that they DO GET ATTRACTED TO WHITE GIRLS. not meaning to sound crude but if you check their browsing history you'll know. if you ask them(as a buddy) if they'll date a white girl almost all of them will say yes. just like any other girl, they have to be attracted(chemistry, hotness, blah blah blah) to them first. the difference however, is that alot of Asian guys (still East-asians, including myself) don't think they'll EVER STAND A CHANCE with a white girl, hence don't try at all. i speak from personal experience, there is one(in my opinion) REALLY REALLY HOT french girl in my lecture whom my friends keep telling me is into me but i never bothered; dissmissing it with, "its impossible, shes white, she'll never be into an Asian guy". i was wrong(we had classes together later on). Aside from that, most Asian guys also have the language thing going on, and probably assume that you can't speak Chinese based on your appreance.

if your into a asian guy, from my perespective just let him know your not way out of their league. don't tell them your into them straight away, it'll probably scare them off. let them know your cool with the asian thing - language is a big plus, but you being ok(assuming that you are) with the cultural difference as well, we do weird(to most white people) things like sing ktv(karaoke, we do it on a weekly basis - imagine clubbing but only with your friends), listen to jaychow(chinese version of Justine Timberlake) and eat pleanty of rice(well- i think you know what that is). take initiative to hang out with them, let them know your a cool girl who is open to the idea of dating an Asian guy.

oh yeah, it'll probably help if you've got a couple of Asian girls as close friends too, so that they can introduce guys to you. trust me, many of us only dream of dating a white girl but always believe it to be out of our reach.

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users