AF needs funding again

Photo

Single Japanese boys wanna date American girl..?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 ハイジ

ハイジ

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:56 AM

My name's Heidi. I'm 16 soon. Though my topic may sound desperate I have been trying so long to find someone (always been single) that I just feel alone everywhere I go... The reason why I say Japanese boys is I'll actually be learning Japanese soon so It'd be easier to stick to that. I'm 5'7", Blond Hair, Blue eyes, healthy and slim. I'd be happy to make friends because that helps loneliness too :D I live in the Seattle area if you'd like to make a friendship/relationship. I'd only meet in a big public place though :)

#2 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3294 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

It's great to know you're interested in another culture. I'm just wondering though what your particular reason for learning to speak Japanese is ... are you going to Japan soon, or want to in the future? I'm guessing so

I also really like some Japanese things and have for a long time

You said that it's easier to stick with Japanese because you'll be learning it soon ... but if you're not fluent yet, or not going to Japan anytime soon ... then maybe you can also try another Asian language and culture. Not that there's anything wrong with Japanese, because I also like it myself

For example, I've heard some Thai music and the Thai language sounds beautiful ... but I guess that's just because of the voice in some of the songs. Another important one is Mandarin because it's the first or second most spoken language all over the world. Mandarin is also one of the most, if not the most, increasingly demanded languages in business

I'm just saying try to be more open minded

#3 ハイジ

ハイジ

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

I'm interested in media of all cultures and I want to learn every Asian language. Japanese would be much more useful to me because the college I am going to has mostly Japanese students, I have Japanese friends, and though I like movies, music, etc from Korea, China, Taiwan, and many other places, I have mostly Japanese. I'm not being narrow minded, I'm just doing what's most useful to me right now. Don't judge someone if you don't know them.

#4 DMCwhiz123

DMCwhiz123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

I'm interested in media of all cultures and I want to learn every Asian language. Japanese would be much more useful to me because the college I am going to has mostly Japanese students, I have Japanese friends, and though I like movies, music, etc from Korea, China, Taiwan, and many other places, I have mostly Japanese. I'm not being narrow minded, I'm just doing what's most useful to me right now. Don't judge someone if you don't know them.

Thats awesome that you're into asian stuff :) I'm from california, but it seems that there are more and more white girls into asian dudes in like the seattle area? o_O Maybe it's just me, but it hasn't hit ca quite yet :) Anyway, based on your description, i highly doubt you'd have a hard time finding a guy :)