AF needs funding again

Photo

Jackie Chan and Theresa Teng’s love story exposed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:06 AM

Posted Image

Jackie Chan and Theresa Teng’s love story exposed
Former executive Du Huidong discloses the reason why the two ex-lovers did not end up together

Credits: xin.msn

Former studio executive Du Huidong has been making waves by exposing celebrity secrets in his new book.

Former superstars Brigitte Lin and Joey Wong were implicated and even the late Anita Mui was not spared.

Actor-director Jackie Chan's romance with the songbird Theresa Teng was a major talking point.

Theresa, who passed away in 1995, was one of the most prolific and loved singers in the 80s.

It was said that Jackie had met her when he was taking English lessons overseas and it was also there that their relationship started. However, things fell apart when Jackie's current wife, Joan Lin appeared.

In the book, Du seemed to imply that Joan had used underhanded means to force Theresa to give up on Jackie.

He also wrote that Joan was the one who sparked the infamous incident when Theresa refused to accept an award from Jackie and started crying during a prize-presentation ceremony in 1981.

The pair eventually split but even after almost 30 years, the two megastars' story remains one of the most talked-about in showbiz.

#2 llwy12

llwy12

AF Translator

• Global Ministers
  • 4708 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:17 AM

Jackie and Teresa's relationship is quite known in the HK entertainment circles -- no surprises there. In fact, Jackie wrote about the relationship already in his autobiography that was released here in the U.S. years ago.

Teresa was definitely one of the greatest singers in Asia -- so sad that she died so young, at the peak of her career....

#3 seprienna

seprienna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1128 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

i never know theresa was with jackie before this. its sad to hear she passed away so young in her age

#4 kongps82

kongps82

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1543 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

She died young? Is the picture her in the above?

#5 Teddiursa

Teddiursa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

Woah, that picture looks young.

#6 ImYan

ImYan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

awwww... :(

#7 llwy12

llwy12

AF Translator

• Global Ministers
  • 4708 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

No, the picture isn't her...if I remember correctly, when she died, she was in her late 30s or early 40s...

Here's a picture of her:
Posted Image

Edited by llwy12, 04 August 2010 - 04:05 PM.

#8 purpleclouds

purpleclouds

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

Joan Lin was the Jennifer Aniston of her popular days way back, the golden girl. Everyone knows Jackie pursued her and that they're a couple. But of course famous men like Jackie flirts and thinks he's still available or else why was there a "romance" of him and Theresa? I feel sorry for the women involved, loving a man that is unfaithful and thinks he's so manly that he should deserve many women. The women that fall into this type of relationship is shortchanging themselves. One wouldn't share a toothbrush, why would one want to share a man intimately...it's too nauseating.

#9 Moonlight_Harmony

Moonlight_Harmony

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

I miss Teresa Teng. She was a great singer and was popular throughout Asia. Sigh

I kinda knew about Jackie and Teresa's love though. I heard about it briefly from my parents

#10 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4992 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

The picture above is Joan Lin Fung Jiao, Jacky's long suffering wife. She and Brigitte Lin, collectively known as the two Lins back then, were the iconic stars of the 1970's Chinese romance movies along with their two male leads, the two Chins -- Chin Hsiang Lin and Chin Han.

Teresa Teng was 40 when she died of acute asthma while in Thailand. My parents were fans of all the ladies above.

Edited by tamaya, 04 August 2010 - 07:10 PM.

#11 ~Sue~

~Sue~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:33 PM

Wow, I didn't know they dated before! It's too bad Theresa did at such a young age. Her songs were classics, my dad hums them all the time.

#12 heo.

heo.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:48 AM

Jackie's rendition of Teresa's 'Wo Zhi Zai Hu Ni' is god-awful.

#13 krustytwistie

krustytwistie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

So who's the final winner?

the lady who get to live the life to fullest aka teresa but lost her love?
or the lady to get her love but have to live her life behind curtain as she's not allows to give or be interviewed, she can't even talk abt her family out loud and almost nobody knows how her life is until after almost 2 decade when Jaycee decide to enter biz world.

sigh.

Edited by krustytwistie, 05 August 2010 - 04:04 AM.

#14 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5523 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:12 AM

The picture of the lady is the person whose writing the tell all book.

The lady in the picture is Joan Lin.

Joan and their son Jaycee Fong
http://house.china.c...04/12015205.jpg

Joan in her young days.
http://img.soufun.co...6418409_000.jpg

Why did Du Huidong write Joan Lin in such a bad light?

Edited by reiyi, 05 August 2010 - 05:08 AM.

#15 Chow-Time!

Chow-Time!

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

So who's the final winner?

the lady who get to live the life to fullest aka teresa but lost her love?
or the lady to get her love but have to live her life behind curtain as she's not allows to give or be interviewed, she can't even talk abt her family out loud and almost nobody knows how her life is until after almost 2 decade when Jaycee decide to enter biz world.

sigh.

Jackie is, the guy who's a multi-millionaire who's created a lasting legacy and has inspired many people that hard work and preserverance is the key to success

#16 Ruby_Junior♡

Ruby_Junior♡

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

omfg
i never knew this O.O
LOL i never even knew jacky chan lived long enough to have met theresa ROFL ==
man i must be slow hahahaha

ahh theresa was a great singer ><
sweet gorgeous voice, pretty too
such a pity died so young though ):

#17 Caramelapples

Caramelapples

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

Off topic, but the image of a young Joan up there posted by reiyi reminds me of Zhang Ziyi. o.o

#18 LAsian8

LAsian8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:34 AM

Teresa teng's songs are still classics even today. Beautiful voice and amazing songs. My favorite is Moon represents my heart. Interesting to hear about her "love story" with Jackie Chan, who I'm also a fan of.

#19 mae

mae

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:57 PM

Jackie Chan has also had other affairs since Teresa Teng. One of the more scandalous ones was where he had a daugher with a former Miss Asia (from ATV). They nicknamed the daughter "little dragon girl" like in ROCH. I can't remember the actress' name now, but I think I read she and her daughter immigrated to the U.S. shortly after giving birth to leave the HK entertainment industry. I'm assuming they're well taken care financially at least by Jackie Chan.

#20 machwnor

machwnor

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

why bring up the story again...teresa passed away many years ago...let her in peace

#21 llwy12

llwy12

AF Translator

• Global Ministers
  • 4708 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

Jackie Chan has also had other affairs since Teresa Teng. One of the more scandalous ones was where he had a daugher with a former Miss Asia (from ATV). They nicknamed the daughter "little dragon girl" like in ROCH. I can't remember the actress' name now, but I think I read she and her daughter immigrated to the U.S. shortly after giving birth to leave the HK entertainment industry. I'm assuming they're well taken care financially at least by Jackie Chan.

That was Elaine Ng -- I remember the 'famous moment' when Dodo Cheng was interviewing her and when she asked whether the child was Jackie Chan's, Elaine nodded her head.....it was one of the biggest scandals during that time.

#22 SaraDonna

SaraDonna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:07 PM

wow, i'm in my 30s, i'm a super fan of Teresa... my mom's too....i didn't know that the late was involved with Jackie..Posted Image

wow, i'm in my 30s, i'm a super fan of Teresa... my mom's too....i didn't know that the late was involved with Jackie..Posted Image

#23 Coralie

Coralie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2268 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:09 AM

Men with money and power; they're not going to stay loyal.

It's sad to say, but that's the reality of many situations. I've yet to read about any guy who has wealth, power or prestige who hasn't cheated (well, ok, maybe SOME i.e., Will Smith, Matt Damon...) but yeah, the list of men who are loyal is getting shorter and shorter. This day and age, faithfulness means nothing anymore.

#24 blue232

blue232

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:48 AM

Only those involved will know the truth of the story. Everyone thinks Jackie Chan is great in front of a camera but behind it, who really knows what kind of a person he is. All we hear about is his numerous relationships with different women so no surprise that he dated Theresa Teng.

#25 nycsfx

nycsfx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

Wow this news is definitely something new to hear. I never knew about the love story of jackie chan and teresa teng

Edited by nycsfx, 06 August 2010 - 11:44 PM.

#26 neon_lee_2002

neon_lee_2002

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:04 AM

Never knew about this. Yeah, it's sad that Teresa died at an early age and when she's at the peak of her career.