AF needs funding again

Photo

Sammi Cheng writes thousand word statement in response to ‘reunion’ rumors

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 llwy12

llwy12

AF Translator

• Global Ministers
  • 4731 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:42 AM

Sammi Cheng writes thousand word statement in response to ‘reunion’ rumors

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 Hong Kong

Source: Mingpao

Translation: llwy12@ http://asianfanatics.net

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

With Andy Hui’s sudden announcement last week that he broke up with his girlfriend Michelle over 1 month ago, his relationship with former girlfriend Sammi Cheng is back in the spotlight. Even though Andy has not said anything further in the last few days since the announcement (on 7/31), that has not prevented rumors from spreading about a possible reunion between the two – the rumors have even gone so far as to say that Andy has already proposed to Sammi.

After 4 days of silence, Sammi finally ‘responded’ to the rumors – yesterday, she uploaded a 1300 word written statement to her Weibo in which she clarifies her relationship with Andy, states her position, and dispels the rumors regarding a possible reunion. In the statement, she writes that to change her relationship with Andy from friends back to lovers will be impossible and that since they broke up years ago, they never reunited at any point.

With regard to public opinion that Sammi has or will reunite with Andy, she writes: “Since the breakup, we never got back together [reunited] again – not at any point.” She admits that in the first few years after the breakup, she had thought about getting back together with Andy, but it never happened. She also says that both of them are very committed to being friends only – the romantic love that they used to have has turned into friendship; they are each other’s guardian angel. In the years since the breakup, both she and Andy have changed a lot – since it involves her future happiness, she cannot take it lightly and get back together with him just because of memories from 20 years ago. She also states that there are some relationships that she does not want to and cannot afford to disturb – she also emphasized that Andy did NOT propose to her.

In her statement, Sammi also mentions Andy’s girlfriend Michelle – she says that she has only met Michelle once before at Andy’s home. As for Michelle and Andy’s romance constantly being under the shadow of his previous relationship with her, Sammi says that she feels Michelle’s pain, however unfortunately it is something that she cannot control.

Sammi also writes that the ‘reunion’ rumors have been stressful for her and she hopes that everyone can let go and give her, Andy, and Michelle some space. At the end of her statement, Sammi emphasizes that she has not given up on love and will continue to pray to God to not have her wait too long for a new romance.

Amidst the rumors of Andy pursuing Sammi again, a magazine reported that Andy purposefully cursed and yelled at Michelle to drive her out. In response to these reports, Andy stated through his manager: “With regard to a certain magazine’s false reports, I will face it calmly. I can only say that I never gave my girlfriend any credit cards and have never used any curse words toward her. Our breakup did cause her a lot of pain – this I accept responsibility for and will not try to hide from it. The ONE AND ONLY reason for our breakup was due to differences in our way of thinking – for us, this was the best way to resolve the issue.”

Edited by llwy12, 05 August 2010 - 04:13 AM.

#2 hopehope

hopehope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:14 AM

I really like Sammi and Andy and hope they would get back together. It's too bad that there is no chance of their reunion. I only wish Sammi and Andy would eventually find their happiness. Best of luck to them.

#3 crystalized

crystalized

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:23 AM

Their relationship ended so long ago... why can't the media just leave them alone? These rumours are especially unfair on Michelle....

#4 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:59 AM

Posted Image

Sammi Cheng: Thought of Reuniting, But It Never Happened!

Source: Oriental Daily
Translation: KAY @ http://kays-entertainment.blogspot.com

Yesterday morning, Sammi Cheng posted an article on Weibo and Facebook called <<僅餘的一小片天空>>, disclosing her 20-years relationship with Andy Hui. Being blamed as the "third wheel," Sammi stressed again seriously: "Once again, from the beginning to the end, never get back to each other again (others say "reuniting"). Broke up 10 or 8 years, within these days, if you ask me, have I ever thought of reuniting with Andy, I would say frankly: 'I have.' Indeed, I have. But in the end did it happened? No, never."

Each other's "guardian"

Sammi said these years after they broke up, they stay in the position as friends and they are each other's 'guardian': "Is there love in it? Of course. I knew this person since I was 16. We've become each other's guardian....up to today, love becomes friendship, I cherish it very much."

As for outsiders said they got back to each other, Sammi frankly said it's not easy: "Been separated for this many years, we both experienced many things. Perhaps time changed us a lot, too. He and I aren't ourselves 20 years ago. If were to get back together, can't be done relying on that person in your memory...over these years, the times I met Andy are at most a little more than 10. Basically many of my habits and likes, even thoughts, have changed. I guess, what I like now, what he hates now, all have to re-confirm." She said outsiders over-dramatized their reconciliation.

As for Andy and Michelle broke up, as Andy's ex, Sammi said: "I have no right to speak. However, I can't avoid being the person to blame. If you ask me, do I feel bad? Of course, but can I stay out of it and play an outsider? I know I cannot. I can only let this thing fades away slowly."

New romance under the shadow

Sammi didn't avoid bring up Michelle and she spoke good things for her: "We only met once...don't know each other well. But based on impression, she has a lively and optimistic personality. Because my relationship with Andy is permeated through the people, making her relationship with Andy is under my shadow. If I were her, I would feel bad."

Sammi stressed four times in the roll that they didn't reunit, and said: "Never reunite, never get married. Separated this many years. From friends back to a couple again, it's not that easy like outsiders think...Andy's broke-up, Sammi Cheng seems responsible under the newspaper reports. Never reunited, I feel I can't breathe."

Sammi even used the song "Don't Disturb Love": "Some relationships, I really cannot disturb, and don't dared to. Even if I live alone, I might feel lonely once in a while, but got used to loneliness. I won't step into some situations just because I'm lonely." She even put down her status as the 'queen' and begged: "Is it okay? Is it okay to let me go temporarily? Let go of Andy, let go of Michelle?"

Sammi stressed her and Andy's personalities changed since they broke up; it would be hard to get back together. But in the end Sammi p.s.: "P.S. God, but please don't let me wait too long, okay?" She disclosed her desire to be in love. She let Jesus to arrange for everything.

Andy Hui: good article

As for Sammi's thousand-words article, Andy said in an interview: "I know the content from friends. I know it's what she wants to express. It's good writing. Based on the Sammi I know, she wrote this piece with true feelings. Already not happy blamed by magazines, won't reply to everything else."

#5 krustytwistie

krustytwistie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:58 AM

why the paper have to exaggerate and reports everything out-of-scope.

guy-gals relationship on-off is a normal passage of life, does it always have to involve the exes; pity those drag in without a thot.

Hope the single and available would find their other halves soon.

#6 tdrama*addict

tdrama*addict

AF Official Translator

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:31 AM

I just wished the media and reporters would all just leave them alone to work things out naturally. I think all this finger pointing and accusations are just going to hinder them to work things if anything were to happen! Just from all these rumours..it's already putting stress on them and it'll definitely block them to get back together naturally if it was meant to be! Sigh!! I'm just hoping they get more space and the media will just stop putting their relationship in the spotlight!

#7 Locke3

Locke3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

Sigh...just leave them alone.

#8 llwy12

llwy12

AF Translator

• Global Ministers
  • 4731 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:30 AM

There were more articles today about Sammi and Andy....the more I read, the more I hate the Media!! They just need to leave these two alone!!!

Something that Sammi's manager said today really made me remember how horrible it is to be a celebrity in Hong Kong. In response to questions from the Media as to why they have not seen Sammi out and about the last few days (since issuing her thousand word statement), her manager replied: "If she comes out smiling, everyone will say that she is flaunting her 'victory' over Michelle; if she doesn't smile, then everyone will say that she is in a bad mood and worried over the rumors. So -- she chose to simply stay at home and not see anyone."

What this demonstrates is that if you are a celebrity in Hong Kong, it is pretty much one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations -- no matter what you do, people(the Media) are going to criticize and speculate....it's no wonder many celebrities choose not to respond when contentious situations occur because no matter what he/she says, it's going to be judged the way the people want to judge it -- so essentially, there's no point for them to say or clarify anything, since people (the Media) are not going to listen anyway.

#9 blue232

blue232

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:43 AM

Well, as long as they are celebrities, rumours will always follow these two. Too bad that they broke up but their fans just have to accept it.

#10 Tumby_tum

Tumby_tum

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

I think it is time for the media to let go and give Sammi & Andy space. If this goes on... both cannot find their other half.

#11 shuet_ying

shuet_ying

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

I think deep down, everyone who was around when they were still in that relationship (when they were denying it) wants them to eventually get back together. I'm the same, but as long as they're happy its all that matters.

#12 snappyme123

snappyme123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:20 PM

wow, it really sucks that Andy and Sammi can't get back together even though they were with each other for over 10 years...they should give it another shot!