AF needs funding again

Photo

Karena Lam secretly weds and is waiting to give birth in Canada

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 llwy12

llwy12

AF Translator

• Global Ministers
  • 4688 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:11 AM

Karena Lam secretly weds and is waiting to give birth in Canada

Friday, September 10, 2010 Hong Kong

Source: Oriental Daily

Translation: llwy12@ http://asianfanatics.net

Posted ImagePosted Image

HK film industry’s ‘sweet girl’ Karena Lam has not had a lot of rumors throughout her career, however recently, there were suddenly reports that surfaced claiming that she is in an relationship with a married man and is also pregnant. It is rumored that she was introduced to director Steve Yuen in 2008 by her ex-boyfriend Chen Guang Rong and have been carrying on an affair ever since, which greatly angered Yuen’s wife.

According to reports, after attending an event back in March of this year, Karena Lam suddenly ‘went into hiding’ and rumors immediately surfaced that she was retiring from the entertainment industry. In later reports, a witness claimed to have seen Karena at a hospital in Toronto, Canada awaiting a pregnancy examination.

Several days after the ‘3rd party’ and pregnancy rumors surfaced, the ‘married man’ at the center of the controversy – director Steve Yuen – stepped forward yesterday and accepted an interview with Oriental Daily to clarify Karena’s situation. He personally confirmed that he and Karena are married and she is currently in Canada waiting to give birth to their child. He also refuted claims of Karena being the ‘3rd party’ in his relationship and revealed that he has been divorced for quite some time.

S = Steve Yuen
R = Reporter

S: I feel the need to clarify the situation. Actually, several of the reports out there are inaccurate, especially the ones concerning my ex-wife. I have already been divorced for quite some time. Also, my ex-wife has a very gentle personality and is nothing like the way the magazines describe her – this is what I really want to clarify, because these reports are very unfair to her especially. In addition, Karena is NOT a ‘3rd party’ – in fact, the two of us are already married…everything happened step by step and followed its normal course. Karena and I only started dating after I was already divorced.

R: There were rumors that in order to chase after you, Karena moved into the same building as you. Also, it was said that your ex-wife asked reporters not to mention Karena’s name.

S: Absolutely false! So exaggerated!! Both Karena and I are low-key people – we never intended to hide anything from anyone. All we wanted to do was keep low profiles and enjoy our happiness.

R: When did you two marry?

S: It was this year – we did have a ceremony in Canada, but didn’t want a lot of fanfare. We had a gathering of our relatives and closest friends – there was no one from the entertainment industry present.

R: After Karena gives birth, will she return to the industry?

S: It’s up to her.

R: Don’t you want her to stay home and take care of the baby?

S: Of course I would like it!

R: Boy or girl?

S: Don’t know.

R: Afraid baby is ‘siu hei’? [TN: Chinese superstition that if pregnancy is announced too early – prior to 3 months – it will upset the baby and the mother may miscarry]

S: Not into that kind of stuff.

R: Do you like boy or girl?

S: Haha! Please don’t ‘force’ me to answer.

R: The baby is due in November?

S: Not going to say too much

R: Will she give birth in Canada?

S: Yes!

R: Why aren’t you keeping Karena company in Canada?

S: I have a lot of work to do in Hong Kong, plus she has a lot of family in Canada taking care of her.

R: Karena’s health and unborn baby are well so far?

S: Excellent! Thank you for your concern.

.*****

Note: Karena’s entertainment industry friends were overjoyed to hear about her ‘double happiness’ (marriage and pregnancy) and many of them gave their blessings.

#2 jcjc888

jcjc888

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

This so-called interview sounds like it's full of lies. I think anyone with half a brain would see right through that.

Edited by jcjc888, 11 September 2010 - 06:44 AM.

#3 Guest_♥ daydreamgirl_*

Guest_♥ daydreamgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:47 AM

This so-called interview sounds like it's full of lies. I think anyone with half a brain would see right through that.

can't you be happy for her that she found the guy she love? what happen if he is telling the truth that Karena wasn't the third wheel in his previous marriage? I found your comment is being mean and disrespectful to her and her partner.

Edited by ♥ daydreamgirl, 11 September 2010 - 02:25 PM.

#4 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3059 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:50 PM

^ True.
Remarrying doesn't mean that the other person was or is a third party. And divorces doesn't mean it can't have ended in happiness and that both sides can't remain as friends.
I'm happy for Karena and does hope that she films again after giving birth but it seems like creating a family is her goal now =)

#5 tdrama*addict

tdrama*addict

AF Official Translator

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:15 PM

She's in Toronto?? I should try bumping into her. Posted Image

#6 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 3781 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

She's in Toronto?? I should try bumping into her. Posted Image

I don't think it's considered a nice thing to do. To bump a pregnant woman.

#7 tdrama*addict

tdrama*addict

AF Official Translator

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:37 PM

I don't think it's considered a nice thing to do. To bump a pregnant woman.

ROFL. I didn't mean it literally. Posted Image It's hard to see Asian stars here in Toronto u know, thought I could catch this opportunity since she's around town. Hahaha..

#8 tvb_luv

tvb_luv

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

wow that is a real shocker...but congrats to karena! =)

#9 2mingenfan

2mingenfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2987 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:43 PM

hopefully, a happy life and a happy baby...

#10 jcjc888

jcjc888

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:56 AM

can't you be happy for her that she found the guy she love? what happen if he is telling the truth that Karena wasn't the third wheel in his previous marriage? I found your comment is being mean and disrespectful to her and her partner.

I think if you knew anything about her past (and her mom's past) you would rethink what you said. Yes, many people out there remarry without anybody being the third party. But you must understand that this would not be Karena's first time being attached to a married man. You would also need to know a bit about her family to understand what kind of role model her mom was.

#11 Guest_♥ daydreamgirl_*

Guest_♥ daydreamgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:41 AM

I think if you knew anything about her past (and her mom's past) you would rethink what you said. Yes, many people out there remarry without anybody being the third party. But you must understand that this would not be Karena's first time being attached to a married man. You would also need to know a bit about her family to understand what kind of role model her mom was.

Why are you being mean and horrible against her? What happen if she wasn't being a third wheel in her previous relationship with Chan Kwok Wing when he already separate with his ex-wife and dated her?

You didn't read any recent report which made by her god-mother saying that she wasn't the third wheel in her relationship with her husband and stand up for her. Do you think that her god-mother will lie and make things up for her? It seem that you hated her and doesn't want her to be happy. I know nothing about her mum's past but from my information I got that Chan Kwok Wing didn't date Karena when he still married to his ex-wife. He only dated Karena after he got divorced from his ex-wife.

Edited by ♥ daydreamgirl, 12 September 2010 - 05:57 AM.

#12 donkeykong

donkeykong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:32 PM

daydreamgirl: who's Chan Kwok Wing?

and isn't Karena married to a called Steve Yuen?? does anyone have a picture of him

#13 blossommonte

blossommonte

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:02 PM

Hmmmmmmm i have not really post for such a long time...But for this and some of the arguments, i think, we need to hear both side of the story, the exwife that is.

And if the guy can say, he only date Karen he divorce is finalized.. How long? To me, its a bit dubious. I do not know her background but....

Now.. that they are married congrats.... only the ex wife will really know what happened, if she is paid well... i dun think she will talk incase the clause say, if you talk, we can take back what we give...

Woman who have walked this path ( divorced because of husband adultery or the husband no longer love them because of .... ) told me that.... its not that simple..

#14 jcjc888

jcjc888

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

Why are you being mean and horrible against her? What happen if she wasn't being a third wheel in her previous relationship with Chan Kwok Wing when he already separate with his ex-wife and dated her?

You didn't read any recent report which made by her god-mother saying that she wasn't the third wheel in her relationship with her husband and stand up for her. Do you think that her god-mother will lie and make things up for her? It seem that you hated her and doesn't want her to be happy. I know nothing about her mum's past but from my information I got that Chan Kwok Wing didn't date Karena when he still married to his ex-wife. He only dated Karena after he got divorced from his ex-wife.

:wacko: Look, this is a "forum". If you only want to read things that are "sugar-coated", then I suggest you go elsewhere. Everyone is entitled to their opinion here - whether it be positive or negative. Or you could set up a separate Karena fan page and post all the "good" stuff you want.

And do you really believe everything that is reported?? If so, I suggest you do some homework and go back and see how many actors and actresses in HK have lied to the media. For them, it's all about "face". If they have to hide or lie about it, that's what they will do.

#15 Guest_♥ daydreamgirl_*

Guest_♥ daydreamgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

:wacko: Look, this is a "forum". If you only want to read things that are "sugar-coated", then I suggest you go elsewhere. Everyone is entitled to their opinion here - whether it be positive or negative. Or you could set up a separate Karena fan page and post all the "good" stuff you want.

And do you really believe everything that is reported?? If so, I suggest you do some homework and go back and see how many actors and actresses in HK have lied to the media. For them, it's all about "face". If they have to hide or lie about it, that's what they will do.

I don't believe what everything is reported but you stopped being biased towards the situation since they are happily married and going to have a baby soon.

One thing to tell you that I am not her fan to start off with. I find him and her should take the blame for their adultery when you just can't blame her for stealing other person's husband when it takes two to cheat.

Where did you read and get the information that she is the third wheel?

Edited by ♥ daydreamgirl, 12 September 2010 - 06:13 PM.

#16 JoeyMan

JoeyMan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

daydreamgirl: who's Chan Kwok Wing?

and isn't Karena married to a called Steve Yuen?? does anyone have a picture of him

Here is the picture you request give me + if U like the post :V
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 JoeyMan

JoeyMan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

Lately many actress getting married to rich+older man. I hope is really about love & money is secondary.

#18 Farman007

Farman007

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

wow that great: a happy life and baby as well.

#19 JoeyMan

JoeyMan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

Here is the picture you request give me + if U like the post :V

I want to make it clear the guy in the 2nd pic is not Karena's husband. Is actually her father.

Edited by hippokathy88, 17 September 2010 - 05:08 PM.
quoting img

#20 Noriko88

Noriko88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1058 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:25 AM

congrats to karena of being a mother soon.

#21 LiK

LiK

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1172 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:56 AM

never heard of this person, but she looks so different in her "married" photos, compared to her entertainment photo shoots.