AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

RedPandaSan - Only God Can Judge Me Remix

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 RedPandaSan

RedPandaSan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

Please check out my new song, it's called Love Hate Relationship. It's a remix of Runaway by Kanye West, the song he performed at the 2010 VMA's.

I am a Vietnamese rapper from Southern Calfornia and would appreciate your comments and support. Thanks!

#2 RedPandaSan

RedPandaSan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

Here is my latest creation. Check it out and let me know what you think. :)

#3 RedPandaSan

RedPandaSan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

Check out my latest song, Never Told Me. A remix of J. Cole's In the Morning. My dedication to all the Fathers without Fathers. In the spirit of the late great Tupac Shakur. I hope you like it!

#4 Grand Master Chu

Grand Master Chu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:44 AM

Check out my latest song, Never Told Me. A remix of J. Cole's In the Morning. My dedication to all the Fathers without Fathers. In the spirit of the late great Tupac Shakur. I hope you like it!

Not bad, homey. Got a good voice and flow. Your mix is a little "thin" though, a little "dry"... do you know what i mean? I feel like it could use a compressor and also a touch of some kind of reverb setting. What kind of setup are you working on - mic, preamp, DAW?

#5 RedPandaSan

RedPandaSan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

I feel you bro. .. I'm using a pretty basic set up and free software. I'm recording on my laptop with a AT2020 USB mic. .. I'm using Audacity to record and try to mix the vocal track but currently I'm amatuer at best. I'm still trying to figure out all this reverb and compressor settings to get it to sound good.

Got any tips?

Thanks for checking in!

#6 RedPandaSan

RedPandaSan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

Check out this freestyle I put together for the Legion of Doom mixtape courtesy of the producers over at Allhiphop, produced by Money Mob Ent. .. Let me know what you think.

#7 RedPandaSan

RedPandaSan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:07 AM

Check out this freestyle I put together for the Legion of Doom mixtape courtesy of the producers over at Allhiphop, produced by Money Mob Ent. .. Let me know what you think.

Here is a cleaner mix of the track, vocally. .. The freestyle is still dirty as hell. ..

#8 Grand Master Chu

Grand Master Chu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:40 AM

I feel you bro. .. I'm using a pretty basic set up and free software. I'm recording on my laptop with a AT2020 USB mic. .. I'm using Audacity to record and try to mix the vocal track but currently I'm amatuer at best. I'm still trying to figure out all this reverb and compressor settings to get it to sound good.

Got any tips?

Thanks for checking in!

The AT2020 looks pretty good, condenser mics are definitely the way to go, good call.

Audacity is kinda an old program, but not bad. I haven't used it in a while, I know it became Adobe Audition... Audition 1.5 is a very good, very basic DAW (Digital Audio Workstation), you could try using that. It's not too complicated or intimidating.

In my opinion, it seems these days no one wants to pay attention to you unless you're at least moderately professional with your sound... what is going to set you apart from every other dude on youtube with a mic and some rhymes, you know? we could straight up spit fire and unless we have a pro sound - which means either having a studio engineer/producer who believes in us, or becoming a pro studio engineer ourselves - we'll be dismissed. which maybe we don't deserve, but life isn't fair and the rap game DEFINITELY isn't fair =P

this is a great thread on mixing: http://www.futurepro...ad.php?t=156653

btw if you could hit up my facebook artist page and youtube that would be great

-GMC

#9 RedPandaSan

RedPandaSan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:02 AM

I fee you Chu. .. Let me see if I can step things up a bit. I know a couple of producers but they are always touch and go. One second they are bout it, bout it and the next it's whatever. ..

I guess until I find a concrete producer, I'll need to step my mixing game up. Thanks for the feed.

#10 Grand Master Chu

Grand Master Chu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

I fee you Chu. .. Let me see if I can step things up a bit. I know a couple of producers but they are always touch and go. One second they are bout it, bout it and the next it's whatever. ..

I guess until I find a concrete producer, I'll need to step my mixing game up. Thanks for the feed.

Right back @ u, just glad to see another brother in the game trying to be authentic and spit some real heat. Don't give up as long as u really feel that rap has a place for you homey... Let me know how I can step up my bars, my music, too.

Finding a good producer/engineer is tough, especially depending on your dough situation. If u are trying to get things done out of love, you gotta really have someone who buys into your movement, who thinks that YOU are an artist whose voice SHOULD be out there... I'm lucky 2 have brothers around me who are like-minded.

#11 RedPandaSan

RedPandaSan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

Thanks for checking in Chu. I just liked your page on Facebook, I'd appreciate if you returned the favor. I just started with the page online so my numbers are thin but we all gotta start somewhere right? Thanks for all the tips and such. I can't peep your music at work, which is where I do the majority of my web surfing but I'll check it out when I'm at home getting ready to write/record. Maybe we can work on a song together or something. ..

#12 RedPandaSan

RedPandaSan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

Check out my submission for T-Pain's Prevolver Mixtape Contest. Let me know what you think.

#13 RedPandaSan

RedPandaSan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

Let me know what y'all think.

YouTube - RedPandasan - Lil' Lazie { 2Pac - Staring Through My Rearview Remix }

#14 RedPandaSan

RedPandaSan

faq.asianfanatics.net