Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36847 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:37 PM

Nancy Wu's Sexy Scenes Receive Complaints
Thursday November 18, 2010 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image

TVB's "Gun Metal Grey" aired its 13th episode last night and the Broadcast Authority received 3 complaints regarding to that episode, noting Stone Sir (Felix Wong)'s transformation is disturbing, the series is defaming photographers, and rape scenes are inappropriate.

The plot is about Team A dealing with a pseudo-model rape-killing case and they send their team member Hui Man Sze (Nancy Wu) as an undercover to their target Franky (Stephen Huynh). Man Sze portrays as a sexy pesudo-model and take very sexy photos with Franky so he will show his killer side. But Franky escapes and goes after Man Sze's sister (Jessica Hsuan). Stone Sir arrives at the building and gets angry when he sees Franky tries to erase evidences; then he starts to hit Franky.

Scenes of raping and sexy photo-taking are considered too bold and that is the reason it receives complaints. The photographer character is said of defaming the profession.

Source: Mingpao / Translation: KAY @ Kay's Entertainment

#2 sandy_rs

sandy_rs

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:30 AM

my god! this is a criminal drama for adult and not children program. drama must be made more to reality. Most people in Hong Kong have too much time to always complain.
That's a main reason why US drama series are being watch everywhere because it is as reality.

#3 xxMiya

xxMiya

NOT YET

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4823 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:20 AM

I can't say I'm surprised to hear this received complaints. Was totally expecting it. I personally don't mind sex(y)/violent scenes if it relates to the plot. It's not like they're just randomly throwing a sexy scene in there. If it has a purpose then I think it's okay.

But apparently the HK audience doesn't think like me.

#4 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3906 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

I knew this was coming after watching EP13 yesterday. I was expecting to see a news on this, and it did happen! Well, it that was a scene in a hollywood movie, it's totally no big deal....but I think people reacted to this perhaps was because we are talking about Asian culture.

#5 ccchen

ccchen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

it got into the news due to 3 complaints ??? this is ridiculous.....

#6 Kenway

Kenway

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1558 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:50 PM

So people just want children story everyday ?

#7 Advo

Advo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

Typical. I'm more surprised that they only received three complaints since the scenes were very disturbing.

#8 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6215 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

this is ridiculous.. whatever characters or storylines that are depicted in dramas/shows is merely a fiction, something that's not supposed to be taken seriously in the first place. Geez HK people sure complain a lot, dont they?

#9 MRDragon

MRDragon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

sex is still taboo for HK

#10 Tumby_tum

Tumby_tum

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

Man.. what's with HK audience... they complain everything!! It's reality man... as for defaming photographer... you have criminal everywhere, all types of professionals!! So... what about Felix's case... is it defaming lawyers because it talks about the lawyer using the 'black' monies? Defaming policeman because Vincent's dad?? This is ridiculous!!!

#11 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

I'm not surprised that they complained about it, just shocked that there were only 3 complaints, thought there would be more, since I know how much they love complaining about everything! HK ppl just need to be more open minded but I don't see that happening anytime soon!

#12 llwy12

llwy12

AF Translator

• Global Ministers
  • 4718 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

Not surprised, especially since it's Chinese culture that we're talking about here (which is way more conservative than what we're used to here in the U.S.)....but honestly, HK people have too much time on their hands to be picking apart the series like this and complaining about every little thing. And the sad thing is, their complaining is so contradictory -- like last week they were complaining that some of the scenes in GMG were "not realistic enough" (i.e. the 1 cop versus multiple cops thing) then this week, they are in a sense complaining that the scenes are "too realistic" because of the graphic portrayals of rape (which happens in real life -- hello??)....no wonder TVB as well as the HK Broadcasting Authority never take the HK audiences' complaints seriously....I wouldn't either!!

#13 jcjc888

jcjc888

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

Television is for entertainment purposes and not to educate the future. I don't understand why people in HK like to complain about everything. I think this is one of the reasons why TVB never comes out with anything spectacular.... it's b/c they constantly have to worry about what is and is not appropriate for HK's audience.

As for HK people being more conservative etc.... I think this is incorrect. They like to portray the image of being more conservative b/c it's in their culture to always pretend to be something they're not.

HK has the most prostitutes/"massage" parlors per square foot. What does this tell you about their "culture"?

#14 Chow-Time!

Chow-Time!

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:50 AM

Heh, reminds me of when parents were mad at "Greed of Man' for showing people being thrown off buildings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users