Anyone into Country Music?

22 replies to this topic

#1 atintegrate

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

Haven't met many asians who are also into Country and Western. Do you and where are you?

#2 SomeAsianDude

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:07 AM

Lol does Taylor Swift count? I dun really listen to much country music nor am I particularly interested in them.

#3 DaMunchies

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

I listen to faith hill a lot....like maybe 8 years ago. since then I have not heard of any county besides taylor swiff. her voice is so soothing.

#4 redding

whats wrong? CONFUSED?!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:45 AM

lmao country?? what the hell? is this the 21st century or what? unless youre a drunk ass hillbilly living in a trailer park, then get with the times. electro house is where its at. any of you guys watch jersey shore? you cant fist pump to country music...

#5 GFS

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

I don't listen to country music, but I don't really listen to music in general. I did listen to a Shania Twain song back in the days.

#6 Brucewl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:34 AM

Country Music? I remember the first country music I listerned is "Country Road take me back home", and now I like Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum

#7 BlissfulRain

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:25 AM

The only country singer (and also one of the very few American singers) I've ever liked and listen to is Taylor Swift. That's about it.

Edited by BlissfulRain, 14 November 2012 - 07:11 AM.

#8 jandari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:40 AM

Aw..come on! Don't ya guys know Billy Ray Cyrus?!???
Here's a video of the famous song.."Achy Breaky Heart"!

credits to BillyRayCyrusVevo and YT
(Who would have thought that his daughter, Miley, would become mega huge as "Hannah Montana"??!!) This country music rocks!! :phew:
HEEEEHAHHHH!!! :lmao: :loool:

Edited by alexann, 29 January 2011 - 05:46 AM.

#9 loozerrlovebae

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

I listen to a lot of country, ever since I was a kid. I'm not asian though so it defeats the purpose of this thread, and also I'm from TX though I don't think it matters where you're from.

#10 whoami1234

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

I'm not really into country music, but there are some songs that are country that i like.

#11 hello melody/kitty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

View Postatintegrate, on 24 December 2010 - 12:05 AM, said:

Haven't met many asians who are also into Country and Western. Do you and where are you?
I quite like the American country music, it sounds...lovely and great, I have a few country music but I doubt it can catch up with the rest of my music collection.

#12 Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

Only if Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum counts. =D

#13 Lutekio

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:13 PM

You talking about Taylor Swift? Holy cow, she's queen of country music. (In my opinion)

#14 hello melody/kitty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

View Postatintegrate, on 24 December 2010 - 12:05 AM, said:

I like country music esp American country music, it sounds cool and relax.

#15 Sam_L

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:00 AM

Country Music has its sensation. The old country vibe is quite relaxing to listen to and enjoy sometimes. There's way too much rap songs these days.

#16 moumeng

Mr S.H.Y

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:46 AM

blake shelton and sugarland songs are nice too!

#17 donger

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

Beyond Junior Brown and the late Ray Condo, I don't listen to any country past the 70s and most of it doesn't even go past the 50s. I like old hilllbilly--real country which includes Milton Brown & the Brownies, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Jerry Reed, Wanda Jackson, The Maddox Bros & Rose, Eck Robertson, The Carter Family, the Stanley Bros, Bill Munroe, Hank Snow, Ferlin Huskie, Skeets McDonald, The Delmore Bros, Flatts & Scruggs, Jimmie Rodgers, The Legandary Stardust Cowboy, Dick Devall, Harry McClintock, Grandpa Jones, Hazel Dickens, Merle Travis, Alice Gerrard, Jimmy Bryant, Speedy West, Spade Cooley, Chet Atkins, Ernest Tubb, Hank & Johnny (of course), Hasil Adkins and my favorite--Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys. The Dixie Chicks are great when they do bluegrass and Ricky Skaggs is pretty good.

Hasil Adkins--unfortunately, Haze is no longer with us:

Country & cowboy music is in my blood. My dear old daddy was a hellraisin' hillbilly from Caintuck. Like Haze, he's no longer with us either.

Jerry Reed:

Chet Atkins--Yakety-Axe!!:

PS - Taylor Swift is NOT country.

Edited by donger, 08 August 2011 - 10:25 PM.

#18 Michelle:)

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:46 AM

I don't listen to any country; unless Taylor swift counts! But if she doesn't count..then none.:( Not really into the peaceful sound, haha...

#19 Understood

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

The only country music I do listen to is by Hayseed Dixie, who make great country-style cover versions of rock songs. This one here is one of my favourites, a really beautiful version of AC/CD's "You shook me all night long". Used to have it as a ringback tone for quite a while, until my girlfriend got bored of it. :noclue
Other than that, I like the last couple of songs recoreded by Johnny cash with Rick Rubin, but I guess of all his songs those are the ones that qualify the least as country music.

#20 Mingming

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

I have a few name that i grew up with and they are most popular back then. Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers, Tammy Wynette, John Denver and some really good songs i can't remember who sang them. Love their songs i have few in my ipod.

#21 cheekyboi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

I'm not a fan of country music as I never gotten the chance to listen to it but i love slow or pop music. But I might give it a shot and see if their is any i may like.

#22 madhatter_my

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

I am in Malaysia and I like country/western music

#23 Ikairo_hinamori

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

i'm from Jp, raised in Oklahoma, grew up with Lynyrd Skynyrd, Johnny Cash and old timey banjo play by neighbor. :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users