AF needs funding again

Photo

Episodes 11-15 for 7 Days in Life

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36814 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

I'm hoping more info will be resolve for the characters. We find out that Yiu Dan is more than just a model in the previous episodes.

Episode 11:

Spoiler

Credits: http://programme.tvb...life/episode/11

#2 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

Calvin is showing his ruthlessness beneath that smooth exterior of his. Truly a "go shou" superior in duplicity and manipulation. Takes another superior veteran like Yuen Wah to notice. But why alienate Christy?

I bet Calvin was the one who phoned that jealous with the wrong number phone call just so she would interrupt his and Judy's interlude.

#3 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36814 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

Patrick and Mimi were so funny in episode 10. How Patrick dragged Mimi to help him. The part where he taped Mimi's face to make her look fierce was pretty funny.

Episode 12:

Spoiler

Credits: http://programme.tvb...life/episode/12

#4 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4454 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

Patrick and Mimi were so funny in episode 10. How Patrick dragged Mimi to help him. The part where he taped Mimi's face to make her look fierce was pretty funny.

ROFL! I know! haha. Was kinda well good though, how he use tapes to do the expression look.
Episode 11 is also a funny/nice scene too, where they were all discussing about the wrong words and how that bellboy said "stupidmarket" lolol.
But episode 11 was sooo confusing!! I don't get why calvin edited the vid of mun ging lei and tao kai fu convo for?! =S ... And why are calvin and christy STILL checking up on them when they BOTH know that it's got nothing to do with them! They only in it toegther so mun ging lei can get a spare room for tao kai fu to "tau ching". Also WHO actually stole that other half of that diamond [the one that was in the fish tank]. Do we actaully know who yet?
I think is prob that girl who speaks mando? lol. I dunno. :/ Blehh.. at the end - they both fake, they both suspicious of each other.

Edited by SUSIE-DANG-1988, 08 February 2011 - 09:34 PM.

#5 FadingSnow

FadingSnow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:11 AM

For some reason, I have a feeling that Calvin stole the diamond... don't those fishes bite people? in ep 10 Christy asked what happen to Calvin's finger.

#6 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:34 AM

^Did you not watch the preview on ep 11?
Spoiler

Edited by tamaya, 09 February 2011 - 04:36 AM.

#7 Starry Skies

Starry Skies

LEE MINHO♥♥♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

oh my god so suspenseful!!!
the preview for ep 11 had me going w-t-f

the storylines are so complicated. I'm just PRAYING for everything to make sense in the end.
i love how yuen wah is on bosco and joyce's team now. ahaha they're really cute to watch as a team.

i feel sorry for Christy ><

#8 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

^Did you not watch the preview on ep 11?

Spoiler

It seems that scene you mentioned is in episode 12. Anyway, the storyline is getting complicated and I predict the last three days will be the longest one in such a way that many climatic exciting scenes will be happening in the hotel. And all the problems will eventually be resolved. But I wonder how they can use the last 8 episodes to wrap up the whole incidents occurring in the hotel. Hope it will not be draggy. :wacko:

#9 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

^my bad, should have written ep 12 preview on epi 11.

Watching epi 12. Loved epi 12.
Impressed by Steven's acting skill as the persuasive charmer and as the heartless lover. Bravo!
Spoiler

Edited by tamaya, 09 February 2011 - 04:49 PM.

#10 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36814 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

Episode 11 was pretty good. Couldn't believe that
Spoiler

Episode 13:

Spoiler

Credits: http://programme.tvb...life/episode/13

#11 FadingSnow

FadingSnow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

ahh didn't watch the preview, my brother close my page before I could watch the preview and I was too lazy to go back and load it. I think they might get out of the hotel at the last few ep... cuz there are a few scene where it didn't look like it was taking place at the hotel.

I hope this drama will have a good ending! a lot of tvb drama have bad ending. I don't want the ending to ruin this whole thing. I'm really enjoying it so far.

#12 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4454 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

=O Episode 12!! OMG
Spoiler

But I don't understand why would he do that?! Also saying all those hurtfull speech to Chrsity! But I'm guessing he's doing that bu purpose? He does love her, but he knows that she wants a future and he doesn't maybe? hmm....

#13 movieholic

movieholic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:22 AM

=O Episode 12!! OMG

Spoiler

But I don't understand why would he do that?! Also saying all those hurtfull speech to Chrsity! But I'm guessing he's doing that bu purpose? He does love her, but he knows that she wants a future and he doesn't maybe? hmm....

I have a feeling Calvin is doing this on purpose so that Christy break it off with him. Think about it, he is a very smart guy, why would he give the stolen diamond to Judy to wear knowing he can be easily busted. I think he's protecting her in some way. In the themesong we saw christy hugging Calvin on a boat, she has her hair up, it doesnt looked like its a flash back, but I aso see a a pic of Christy holding a baby by her self, will Calvin be in jail??? this is driving me nuts.

#14 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:19 AM

Most predict that Calvin will have a bad ending, from dying to imprisonment. One scenario about his alienating Christie is that his real motive is not to steal the diamond pendent but to exact revenge on the person who framed his father. To protect Christie from being implicated as his accomplice should he be arrested by the police, he purposely dragged in Judy as a scapegoat as his partner in crime.

The baby Christie carrying is not hers, it's the pregnant woman's baby that she helped delivered. (I recalled Sonija talking about delivering a baby while trapped inside an elevator.)

Anyway, I still think the boat scene below is a flashback because of Calvin's pink sweater.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 kloey

kloey

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1580 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:50 AM

yea, i think there's a reason behind calvin's actions of trying to get rid of christy...i mean he always said before that he doesnt need a partner, why ask judy to be his partner in crime...
and giving her the necklace to wear, seriously, with his cleverness, it doesnt make sense.
anyone notice the first expression on calvin when christy said she thought she was pregnant? he seemed really upset or something when she said she was't pregnant....then when she turned around, he gave his carefree look instead
i still think the boat scene isnt a flashback :) (because of sonija's long hair). still hoping that calvin and christy can be together....i mean the fire scene hasnt happened yet, and their glances at each other showed that they truely care about each other....
i can't wait till ep 13- the trailer was awesome

#16 Starry Skies

Starry Skies

LEE MINHO♥♥♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:53 AM

oh that's a really good prediction. that'd be a good reason for leaving Christy.....
everything that happened in ep 12 was such a surprise!!!!!

I really wonder what they'll be talking about after the days in the hotel though. 2 more days = possibly 4 to 5 episodes? that means there's still gonna be 3ish episodes because there's 20 in total right?

preview for ep 13 ...ahahaha i'm so excited for bosco and sonija's kiss. tbh, it looks real hot.

#17 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:15 AM

It's funny but fans actually left (threatening) words on Steven weibo that they would be so mad at Uncle Choi and 7 Days scriptwriters if they made Calvin have terminal cancer, hence his mistreatment of Christie. haha! I'll be very let down too if that happens. So hackneyed! Let's hope for a twist as to why Calvin suddenly mistreats Christie. Something to do with his carrying a big green gym bag and trying to escape via a suspended iron beam hoisted on a high rise crane, with Ah Lung at his tail.

As to Christie narration of her pregnancy false alarm, it would have been so much more effective if the camera immediately panned on Calvin to catch his instantaneous reaction instead of a flash back insertion.before panning Calvin's face. Both Steven and Sonija were brilliant in this scene. Christie, her face full of hurt and close to emotional collapse, still manages to tenuously holding back her tears and emotions, like the strong woman she has become; Calvin, stunned by her unexpected news is momentarily awash in mixed feelings but just as quickly suppresses those feelings, as he exerts his impeccable self-control. Bravo to both for superb performances!

Posted Image
stunned!

Posted Image
A rush of mixed feelings - sinking heart

Posted Image
affecting nonchalance

Posted Image
donning the mask of his trademark lopsided smirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ0Z8tGSeyA

I love that twist to Christie's slap on Calvin's face. This scene truly depresses me.

^Looking forward to Christie-Bosco's kiss too. Hope it didn't receive the same editing treatment as C&C's kiss and Calvin-Judy's kiss.

#18 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

I agree with some of your thoughts and comments about the series. I just predict after the harsh argument between Calvin & Christy, Calvin may does something on his own without the acknowledgment of Christy. And most likely Calvin did this on Christy was not letting Christy to involve in some dangerous motives. And I just don't know why Calvin giving the diamond necklace to Judy. Hmm... But we will see in the following episodes and based on it, we will know what is Calvin's actual motive. And I really looking forward to watch the fire scene of Calvin & Christy.

The ship scene of Calvin & Christy is kinda not in the flashback scene but rather it is in the current time. But don't know when it will be appeared? I just love Bosco, Joyce & Yuen Wah..looking at them how cooperative to investigate the kidnapping cases. But I just find that Mimi, Patrick and the child Coleman is kinda lame & childish to me. But it's a small matter to me. I just can't have the patience that Bosco & the others can find out it is Patrick who kidnap the child. But I am sure that that scene will be appeared in the last few episodes before the quarantine has ended. :unsure:

#19 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:31 AM

^

And I just don't know why Calvin giving the diamond necklace to Judy.

I did something bad, I peeked at episode 13 summary and ...ah.......ah! Shouldn't have done that but I couldn't resist. haiz! I wouldn't have been so tempted if not for foreverleila making it just a click away.

I so hope that the boat scene is indeed the future not a flashback. No purpose to turn a supposedly light comedy into a tragedy.

eta: Uncle Choi says some people have finally solved the mystery with the trail of clues they have laid down for the audience to catch. Steven replies: Is the mystery really being solved, not really. heehee! ~~ Yik Jo On

Fans' responses: You better not be dying from some bloody hell terminal disease.

tn: I am still in the dark.

Edited by tamaya, 10 February 2011 - 06:12 AM.

#20 mchu17

mchu17

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2919 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:58 AM

very interesting change of events...there must be some deeper reason for why Steven is treating Sonja so badly...such a great break up scene! but hoepfully they will get back together...otherwise it's such a shame!

#21 two piece

two piece

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

i think there's really some reason for Calvin's change...any of you emember there was one episode, when Calvin was talking to Christy, and suddenly he got some headache? Probably he feels or he knows he has some serious illness, tat's why he dont want to commit to Christy, or even do something to push her away?

#22 movieholic

movieholic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

[sSPOLIER BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please dont read if you dont want to know. High light the below if you want to know what happened in Ep 15.

Calvin propsed to Christy and they acknowledged they're now husband and wife, they went back to their room to do their romantic stuff. While Christy was in the shower, Calvin drugged Christy's wine, it ended there.

I wonder what is he up to, its such a cliff hanger. If you finished the series, please let me know!!!!!! I am so dying to find out what is on Calvin's mind.

Who is the man framed his dad? is he in the hotel????

#23 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

Such temptation to read spoilers, but nope, gotta stay strong, just say NO! Spoilers be gone! :tricky:
Meanwhile waiting for episode 13 to download.

#24 themoon

themoon

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1548 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

Episode 13, honorable mention to Sonija and Bosco for steaming up the series. A job well done :thumbsup

Edited by chingchingching, 10 February 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#25 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36814 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:47 PM

For some reason, I don't understand why Steven has such a sudden change....

But on the other hand, Bosco, Yuen Wah, and Joyce is starting to suspect Patrick and Mimi to be the kidnappers.

Episode 14:

Spoiler

Credits: http://programme.tvb...life/episode/14

#26 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4454 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

Wow! Christy and ah lung kiss towards the end of episode 13! Yeah... we can all see that Calvin still likes Chrsity but we don't know what his real reason is.
lol, looks like everyone is coming in the hotel and I think the whole kidnap, everyone is going to find out.

Edited by SUSIE-DANG-1988, 10 February 2011 - 09:32 PM.

#27 Starry Skies

Starry Skies

LEE MINHO♥♥♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:27 AM

YES. kiss was hottttt. dang, boscoooo :iloveyou:

makes up for fail flashback kiss. pfft.

#28 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:59 AM

^"Christy and ah lung kiss towards the end of episode 13! "

And they edited out the hot kiss between Calvin and Judy, and have photo stills for Calvin-Christie's kiss. WTH!

I'm still confused as to how the series will resolve all conflicts and wrap up neatly with a "all's well that ends well" ending.

Came up with all these scenarios concerning the diamond.

Episode 14, Calvin tells Judy the diamond is fake, that he has lied; but I think otherwise. If the diamond is fake, with her experienced eye, Christie would know, so I think it is the real diamond. Speculating Calvin's strategy:

1) I am convinced that Calvin's motive is not to steal the diamond, but something else. If his plan goes awry, Judy will be accused as his accomplice because the diamond is in her possession, but he knows the charges against her will not stick because her past and alibis will prove her innocence. And the police will be no wiser as to Calvin's partner in crime, so Christie is safe from implication.

2) Or if his plan is successful, and he escapes scotfree before the Chuis discover that their diamond is missing, Judy will be the one implicated not Christies.

Either way, Christie will safe from any implication.

Calvin's eyes, that very windows to one's soul, belied his outward mistreatments of Christie. In epi 13, watch how Calvin's eyes, against his will, surreptitiously tracked Christie's movement when she leaves the pool with Ah Lung, or in epi 13 how his eyes mirrored his sadness and melancholy.

#29 lyt025

lyt025

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:34 AM

I am really, really, really enjoying '7 Days in Life'. This is a fantastic series and I love the concept of it. The way Calvin & Christy go about stealing jewels is so cool! (It reminds me of Ocean's 11/12/13 a little, although not quite as flashy.) Steven and Sonija have such brilliant chemistry - they are a real joy to watch onscreen. I haven't checked but I think this series is doing okay in ratings so I hope it keeps improving and the cast receive recognition for it.

Oh, I noticed in episode 13, when the boss went into the hotel and started mopping the floor, the camera panned back to the nurse looking a little emotional - is there any connection between them or was she just touched? I love Calvin/Christy but I also really love watching Ah Lung & Christy's scenes because she's more open and honest with him - at least with her feelings. The way he cares about her is also really sweet. It's a nice friendship. That kiss! *swoon* :iloveyou: Can't wait for the next episode after seeing the promo.

Edited by lyt025, 11 February 2011 - 02:41 AM.

#30 themissingpiece

themissingpiece

♥ KhaFi

• Forum Masters
  • 4119 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:12 AM

Actually Sonija & Steven are pretty reminiscent of Sammi & Andy Lau from "Yesterday Once More". A pair of thieves who love each other but also want to one up each other. Both pairs in their respective movies/series have a more mature chemistry that isn't portrayed often in HK stuff. More often, it's the innocent falling for each other, etc.

The kiss was pretty hot and it certainly made up for the flashback stills, etc. But kind of sad to see Ah Lung realize that he was being used :( ^ I'm with you, I like the honesty in Ah Lung/Christy and the understanding and the way he cares for her is really sweet. Hopefully Christy comes to appreciate Ah Lung! Am I the only one that wants a Bosco-Sonija ending?! :)

Please don't go down the terminal illness route, that is SO overused. I much rather have try to prevent her from being implicated because he has bigger plans or he wants to end it, because when it comes down to it, their values are different.

Love the series for allowing all the actors a chance to shine, because each character has their own quirks. :)

Edited by themissingpiece, 11 February 2011 - 03:18 AM.

#31 emolori96

emolori96

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:24 AM

aww bosco and sonjia kissing scene was so f**k*ng sexyyy ♥
i love how steven look when he saw bosco and sonjia were holding hands at the pool :D

CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW EPISODE (:
tomorrow episode show a lot of prove that steven does like sonjia :]
i wonder why there's a fire at the hotell .

hopefully steven won't go to jail at the end ; hopefully sonjia & steven will have a happy ending .

#32 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:39 PM

Actually Sonija & Steven are pretty reminiscent of Sammi & Andy Lau from "Yesterday Once More". A pair of thieves who love each other but also want to one up each other. Both pairs in their respective movies/series have a more mature chemistry that isn't portrayed often in HK stuff. More often, it's the innocent falling for each other, etc.

( ^ I'm with you, I like the honesty in Ah Lung/Christy and the understanding and the way he cares for her is really sweet. Hopefully Christy comes to appreciate Ah Lung! Am I the only one that wants a Bosco-Sonija ending?! :)

Please don't go down the terminal illness route, that is SO overused. I much rather have try to prevent her from being implicated because he has bigger plans or he wants to end it, because when it comes down to it, their values are different.

Haven't watched "Yesterday Once More", but it has occurred to me too that S&S portrayed a more mature chemistry than the usual TVB fares.
But then men are usually nice and understanding and caring to women in their early acquaintances. And Ah Lung and Christy have known each other for how long?
Anyway, nice man that Ah Lung is, he deserves an uncomplicated love relationship with a woman without baggage and a dubious past, not to mention pinning for another man.

As to the terminal illness route
Steven said he looked up materials on Vivien Leigh for inspiration in this role-- and that truly stumped me then.. why VL?
But now I wonder if maybe Calvin is inflicted with a degenerating mental sickness that passes from generation to generation. (VL suffered mental sickness towards the latter of her life, specifically afflicted with manic-depressive episodes) So when Christie brought up her urge for babies and a future with Calvin, he flipped. (Maybe he cannot subject Christie or their future child/ren to what he and his mother had suffered through his father's crazy episodes.) Just throwing out ideas.

#33 Cyui

Cyui

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

It's obvious that Calvin still loves Christy. Calvin always repeats to Ah Lung that Christy isn't a good woman (he's jalous), moreover the swimming pool scene, when Christy took Ah Lung's hand =)

I love both chemistry^^

Edited by Cyui, 11 February 2011 - 06:21 PM.

#34 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36814 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

Can't wait to watch episode 14, because episode 14 really shows that Steven still loves Sonija.

Episode 15:

Spoiler

Credits: http://programme.tvb...life/episode/15

#35 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

but I aso see a a pic of Christy holding a baby by her self, will Calvin be in jail??? this is driving me nuts.

Sorry, I mistook your pic of Christy holding a baby by herself for another.

The pic one below must be the one you saw.
I think, (once again letting my imagination runs wild) I think that must be a pic taken during the first reunion anniversary party of the quarantined guests in the hotel. Christie lied to Calvin, she was indeed pregnant at that time. Or that the baby was conceived when they made up after the fire incident. But something must have happened to Calvin because he is not in the party. Steven says in his weibo that those 'endings' posted online like wiki, baidu ...etc are all incorrect.

Posted Image

Of course, Calvin still loves Christie, has never doubted that for a minute. I find it so old school and totally exasperating when someone purposely hurts the person he loves for a 'heroic' reason, what's wrong with honest sharing of worries and burdens.

Also, a pet peeve -- who's here bothered by those absurdly fake eyelashes on the females? I don't find them attractive at all, so annoyingly fake.

Sonija looks absolutely ravishing in the above picture -- very serene but with a touch of sadness -- like remembering fondly of a loved one she has lost.

Edited by tamaya, 12 February 2011 - 05:01 AM.

#36 lyt025

lyt025

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

During Christy's voiceover towards the end of episode 14, I think I saw Calvin get hit on the head and cough up blood afterwards in one of the flashbacks - might that be of any significance?

#37 sl08

sl08

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

During Christy's voiceover towards the end of episode 14, I think I saw Calvin get hit on the head and cough up blood afterwards in one of the flashbacks - might that be of any significance?

i think that was because he got hit by the guys when they were escaping. (in the flashback)

#38 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

I think his coughing up blood is of important significance as to why Calvin started behaving badly towards Christie when she brought up their future and starting a family together.

#39 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4454 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

omg, didn't see that coming, yuen wah and ah lung are father-son relationship?! really?!
the fire scene was really sweet! We can see that Calvin really does care about her! He just went straight running to the fire!

#40 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

As to Christie narration of her pregnancy false alarm, it would have been so much more effective if the camera immediately panned on Calvin to catch his instantaneous reaction instead of a flash back insertion.before panning Calvin's face.

Referring my own quote:

Earlier, I lamented that the camera did not immediately pan Calvin's face for his instant and reflex reaction at hearing Christie's pregnancy false alarm. Turn out it was edited out. What a pity. Don't understand why it got cut out, and edited with an unnecessary, not to mention already seen flashback clip. Calvin's reflex reaction is towards the end of the original scene. How he started at hearing Christie's bombshell news, how his previous anger immediately leaves his face as another emotion replaces it (almost happy), slight relaxing of shoulders as he quietly absorbs Christie's news, and then how his eye expression wavers uncertainly as he looks away from Christie. His layered reaction is so subtlety performed. Also pity the whole argument has been edited to a shorter version -- I think the original performance is so much more explosive and effective than what has been shown to the viewers.

Again impressed by how Steven seldom flubbed his lines. At least, there very few NG video of him flubbing his lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMntWWookNU

compared the unedited above vid to the edited one below

compared the unedited above vid to the edited one below

view the subtle change in facial expression from stunned to comprehension to mixed feelings to regrets screencaps from the unedited version. @ steven ma fanblog

Edited by tamaya, 12 February 2011 - 08:31 PM.