AF needs funding again

- - - - -

She keeps staring at me...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_E.T_*

Guest_E.T_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:00 PM

Ok, so there's this girl I work with for about a year now and lately I've been catching her staring at me... btw I'm a girl too (kinda creepy yeah?)

For instance sometimes when we are having a meeting, I look around sometimes and I see her starting at me - then we have our awkward moment of eye contact for a few seconds then I look away eventually... Like the way she looks at me is just a blank face, with no expression

This didnt just happened once it happened a few times as well. In general she is a very talkative person, and so am I, and sometimes we would tease each other with a little bit of smart ass comments, but most of the time we really just talk if we need to...

Also, when she talks to me sometimes she stares at me directly in the eyes, it's very awkward...

She's got me thinking about it for a while, does she hate me? Is she trying to flirt with me? Or does she just have a staring problem? Or you think I'm just over analyzing?

#2 Guest_qp_*

Guest_qp_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:39 AM

Is that girl white? Based on my experience, white girls just like to look dead straight in your eyes when they talk. It's awkward at first but you will get used to it.

#3 el_rey

el_rey

[ SMILE ] :: el rey ::

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4552 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

Having a lesbian fantasy? I know i am =) -> joke joke!

If you guys are having words and throwing smart ass comments at each other then why can't you be up front and be the man in this work relationship.
When you catch her staring and it's just you and her, just go, why the hell are you staring...

My friend does the same crap and fortunately i don't think "is he a homosexual" instead i think "what a prick and it's time to smack his face in" ... when he stares i just say "go f___ yourself"

I think my reaction is what causes people to stare.

However, over analyzing glances to staring is possible, people catch people glancing at them for a sec - they turn away and think their peripheral vision is that dominant that they kind of feel there's eyes watching, truth is...most of the time the other party isn't looking anymore and it's the persons characteristic that takes over and some people are just in tuned to thinking that the world revolves around them so that stranger in the car with their window down that's within their peripheral vision is definitely staring at them =)

#4 redding

redding

whats wrong? CONFUSED?!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2075 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:24 AM

if you guys tease each other, why dont you "tease" her about staring at you and see what she says

#5 Dangun

Dangun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:01 AM

Next time she stares just say, "b*tch, WTF you staring at?!" Easy as pie =)

#6 morning_glory11

morning_glory11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:15 AM

This is quite interesting. I had a case of having a co-worker always wanting to hug me and hold my hand and stare at me too. One time we decided to hang out together and she sat in the front with her boyfriend while I sit in the back, she turned around and looked at me and told me she wanted to hold my hand...awkward. I think if it's bothering you then you should directly ask her why is she doing that and if she overstep the comfort zone then call her out. Otherwise I wouldn't think about it too much since she's not touching you

#7 AzNxDwRecKboi

AzNxDwRecKboi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

every time you think she's staring at you say something and make her get caught off guard

for example:

Her: -stare stare-
You: What are you looking at is there something on my face?
Her:.....

Her: -stare stare-
You: what's so interesting behind me? -look back-
Her:.....

that way it won't be rude and awkward because what if you are just imagining it then it be awkward at work in the future

#8 Guest_Gabriel Knight_*

Guest_Gabriel Knight_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

Also, when she talks to me sometimes she stares at me directly in the eyes, it's very awkward...

Looking (not staring) straight at the opposite person's eyes in conservation is normal and I don't see that's a problem at all. If you are talking with someone and your eyes are not direct to him/her but aim at other directions, I think it must be more awkward. It seems like you have something to lie or hide and you're not confident enough. And as you said, she just sometimes stares at your eyes, there's nothing wrong with that. You should behave the same as before. Don't be insecure of minor things!

#9 sillycow

sillycow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

this is kinda funny
well maybe you are her type of best friend she attracted to thats why she keep staring at you

#10 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

Well girls only look at other girls to criticize them or to envy them
Fat girls look at me all the time cuz im 95 lbs and wears skinny jeans alot... while they do too but their skinny jeans look like a tent.
see the pattern?
If u have a trait she wishes she has she will keep looking at u to see how she can get those trait
on the other hand if she is concieted and thinks that u look bad she will also keep looking at u and insult u in her head.

#11 Guest_Mónica09_*

Guest_Mónica09_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

Well girls only look at other girls to criticize them or to envy them
Fat girls look at me all the time cuz im 95 lbs and wears skinny jeans alot... while they do too but their skinny jeans look like a tent.
see the pattern?
If u have a trait she wishes she has she will keep looking at u to see how she can get those trait
on the other hand if she is concieted and thinks that u look bad she will also keep looking at u and insult u in her head.

. OK THATS WAAYY OF TOPIC LOL and girls who have curves n wear skinny jeans look much better then the one who is 95 pounds cause u most have a boys body

#12 MichaelD

MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2278 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

Thats hot :) :loool: