• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

First look at Blackie Chen and Christine Fan's wedding photos
The couple's unique wedding invitation card is also revealed

Posted Image Posted Image

Source : xinmsn.com

After almost 11 years of courtship, Taiwan's celeb couple Blackie Chen and Christine Fan will wed on May 7 at W Hotel in Taipei.

A few days ago, Christine took her wedding photos in a specially-designed lacey bridal gown, which was studded with crystals.

The designing of the dress took half a year and was created by Christine's good friend and celeb Jia Yongjie and designer Huang Shu Chi. Christine's bridal gown reportedly cost NT$600,000 (approximately S$26,000).

When the groom-to-be saw his bride, Blackie gushed, "[She] looks like a vintage doll. [She's] really pretty and she's finally mine."

During the photo-taking session, the couple flirted openly with each other. Christine complained that Blackie acted so much like a comedian, which caused her to break into peals of laughter.

"I kept whispering 'I love you' to her, because my love for her is so much. If I don't say it, I'm afraid I'll drown [in my love for her]," Blackie explained.

In other related news, the couple's wedding invitation card was also revealed. The couple is looking at ways to send the big card which measures 33cm in length, to friends and relatives.

"The wedding invitation uses a cross design, which symbolises our religion. The plus sign represents 'home'. We wanted to choose black and white as the main colour theme, but are worried that the elders would not like it," Christine let on.

She added that the scripture "printed on the invitation is the same one my mother forced Blackie to read aloud when he first came to our house".

Posted Image

The couple expressed that they will learn from good friend Barbie Hsu's experience and hope that friends, relatives and media who are attending the wedding will have a good time. Christine also apologised for any inadequacy in advance.
  • fringe and lucillavis like this

#2 emolori96

emolori96

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

aww. what a cute couplee <3 :D
& the photos are sexiii ;P
christine dress is so prettty (: & the invitation card is so unique !

Edited by emolori96, 07 April 2011 - 03:49 AM.

#3 BlueTauge7

BlueTauge7

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:57 AM

"I kept whispering 'I love you' to her, because my love for her is so much. If I don't say it, I'm afraid I'll drown [in my love for her]," Blackie explained.

I totally teared up here!!! I love how Blackie is so in love with Christine even though she doesn't like to act sexy or wear heals or as Xiao S put it "has no femininity"(though I disagree, she's BEAUTIFUL). Blackie loves her for HER not her appearance or sexiness. Can there BE a better couple than these two? I wish them eternal happiness.

#4 nikitaangel

nikitaangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:01 AM

christine dress is so prettty (: & the invitation card is so unique !

Christine's dress, coupled with that veil , is really gorgeous. Honestly, it beats her good sister Da S's wedding gown flat. Christine, if you look at her closely, she is very beautiful, the most beautiful amongst her gang of sisters.

#5 yoyokimono

yoyokimono

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:35 AM

haha funny thing is i saw them on the chinese news today with backstage view to their photshoot... they looked very much in love...

#6 angelangie

angelangie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1367 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:21 AM

they looks so happy and so compatible and they compliment each other :) gratsss to them again...they make a lovely couple

#7 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6936 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

They are just so sweet together

They are going to be a model couple for sure, wish them well

#8 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

Christine Fan and Patty Hou learn from Barbie Hsu's wedding gaffes

Channel NewsAsia

Wednesday April 6, 2011 Taiwan

TAIPEI: Taiwan singer Christine Fan has revealed that her wedding to long-time television host boyfriend Chen Jian Zhou, better known as Blackie, will not be closed to the media like Taiwan actress Barbie Hsu's, reported Taiwan media.

The couple revealed Tuesday that they had already prepared a special room for journalists at the W Hotel Taipei, where they will be holding their wedding in May.

"Hopefully, all our guests can eat their fill, make merry, just please don't prank me. I'm worried about looking bad on the most important day of my life," said Fan, who earlier expressed that "a wedding is a happy occasion" and said that she wanted to "share her joy with everyone".

Fan and Chen also released a series of bridal photos to the press and unveiled their unique outsize wedding invitations on Tuesday.

Chen praised Fan for looking "like a classic Barbie doll" in her hand-made NT$600,000 (S$26,000) white wedding gown which took months to make, in their bridal photos.

Blackie and singer girlfriend Fan, better known as Fan Fan, had dated for about ten years before the popular television host went down on bended knee and popped the question during half time of an NBA basketball game in New Jersey in February last year.

Learning from past mistakes

Fan and Chen, both guests at Taiwan actress Barbie Hsu's wedding, must have learnt from Hsu's mistakes ‚Äď Hsu refused to invite journalists to her wedding, eventually resulting in a mob of unruly journalists congregating outside the wedding venue and her getting flak from the media for shutting them out.

However, they weren't the only ones thinking of ways to handle the media at their nuptials after Hsu's train-wreck of a wedding.

Popular Taiwan television host Patty Hou, who will marry banker Ken Huang in Bali sometime this month, revealed Tuesday that she too had made arrangements to accommodate the media.

Although Hou will follow in Hsu's footsteps and will not be inviting the media to her wedding, she announced that she will release photos of the ceremony to the media on her wedding day.

"The company doesn't want to trouble everyone, it's too hard on the reporters," explained Hou.

Hou also said that she, unlike Hsu, would not be chartering a plane to fly her guests to her wedding as she wanted to avoid accusations that she is flaunting her wealth.

The television host added that she had turned down an offer from Chinese singer-actor Will Liu, a devout Christian, to sing hymns with Hou's ex-boyfriend Asian superstar Jay Chou and a few others at her wedding ceremony.

"Ours is just a small party. We can always sing hymns in the choir together another time," said Hou diplomatically.

It is a wise decision as inviting her ex-boyfriend, especially someone as famous as Jay Chou, to her wedding is bound to attract a lot of media attention and turn it into a media circus.

#9 sweety_guilun

sweety_guilun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

Awww...By just looking at there pictures, you can already see that they're so in love with each other...
They make such a lovely couple...
And I think everything is perfect...
From the proposal to there invitations...
It's all very unique...
Congratulations to both of them...

#10 ttlexi

ttlexi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:59 AM

awww I'm happy for them! He is really sweet towards her :)

#11 scrabbler

scrabbler

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:15 AM

Aw, they are so sweet and loving! Beautiful!

#12 Mack

Mack

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1275 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

This is such a cute couple!
They're both glowing with happiness. Christine is really stunning, the dress is absolutely gorgeous. The first thing I noticed when I saw her on screen was her beauty, so effortless and yet so beautiful! :)

I'm not too crazy about the invitation though, I understand the meaning and that it's unique. But for some very strange reason the cross cutting their faces and their bodies.. it turns the picture into something sad(?), somehow it projects a negative image in my head. Like when you cross something out or something related to a funeral? Perhaps with the white combination...? - Not sure I'm making sense...

Anyways, they both look happy and they like their invitation, so that's the only thing that matters. I wish them both eternal happiness. :)

Edited by Mack, 08 April 2011 - 08:28 PM.

#13 hellomashi

hellomashi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1738 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

They looks beautiful in those pictures, they are really sweet. I'm very happy that they finally going to marry, they're already dated for a long time. I'm very happy for FanFan that she found a great man like Blackie.
Wish them a very very beautiful future together and a great wedding!

#14 2mingenfan

2mingenfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2987 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

the bride to be looks beautiful...i hope this day is a happy one for her and her groom....congrats to both..

#15 Orientalla

Orientalla

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1026 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

Blackie so soo sweet. I wish my bf would say stuff like that to me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users