#1 starizblue

starizblue

I Hate Miserable People

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9578 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

Posted Image

It is only the rare celeb who will rejoice when he gains weight.

Taiwanese actor Vic Chou is one of them. Previously, netizens speculated that Vic's depression has returned after he was spotted thinner than usual. He weighed only 58kg then, despite his 1.8m frame.

Yesterday, Vic appeared at a press conference in Beijing, China for his upcoming movie, tentatively named as Living with Fashion, together with Taiwanese actress Vivian Hsu and Hong Kong veteran singer Alan Tam.

The actor looked plumper and revealed that he is currently 66kg. He clarified that he is not depressed and has been taking traditional Chinese medicine to nurse himself back to health.

"[You] look like the younger version of Tony Leung. Very handsome," co-star Vivian praised.

Vic laughed, "You didn't change much too in the last eight years."

Vic and Vivian had previously worked together on Taiwanese idol drama Love Storm in 2003.

The Taiwanese media also previously reported that Vivian and businessman Leo He are currently dating. At a recent interview, Leo expressed that getting married in 2012 is not a bad idea.

When asked if Vivian would marry this year, the actress said that she did not have any plans to.

"I see marriage as serious business. I will not get married suddenly. I'll definitely let everyone know if there's any news," the actress answered.

"It's just like in the movie, she's cohabiting [with boyfriend], but not marrying [him]," Vic teased.

Source: XinMSN
  • DTLCT, zaivina, rheasophia and 2 others like this

#2 MrCritique

MrCritique

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:18 PM

Judging from the cast and the tentative title, his upcoming movie appears to be just another one of those pop idol/ culture oriented films.

To be taken as a quality serious actor, he really needs to be more selective in choosing film projects to venture into other film genres.

#3 sytwo

sytwo

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7270 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for posting the news. Glad to see ZZ gaining weight again, and hope he continues to put on more meat on his body (he can afford it!).

This new movie is by Starlight International Media (which produced Mulan starring Vicki Zhao) and is the launch of their New wave director project. The director is a lady who has directed mainly more artistic films before this, and she was also the scriptwriter for "Love at the Hawthorne Tree" by Zhang Yimou. It looks like a very strong team.

Comedy is still a less explored genre in Mainland movies, so hope this film will have a good quality production with wide appeal. :D And it is a good change for ZZ to take a more light-hearted movie after his intense role in Home drama. He can angst in other films later, LOL!

Jiayou to Zaizai!

Edited by sytwo, 13 April 2011 - 04:47 PM.

• DTLCT, rheasophia and lucillavis like this

#4 IloVic

IloVic

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2332 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

Thanks for the news.
This is positive one, and the positive news of ZZ seldom to be here . Hahahaaa ..... !!! :pleh :pleh

Yeah, I think is wise ZZ chooses more light movie this time but still have good team after shooting heavy and serious drama series THE OTHER SIDE 1945.
And the end of this year he'll have to filming heavy and serious moviei again.

#5 Guest_kawaiibaby15_*

Guest_kawaiibaby15_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

He needs the weight! He was so skinny before >.< He looks much much better!! ^_^ ZZ~ Fighting~!

#6 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13472 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

its about time. the guy looks like a skeleton...

#7 rheasophia

rheasophia

FineBrushonIvory

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

Oh, I`m glad that Vic regained a healthy weight in such a short time in the break he took after wrapping up Home. He really looks better, and very handsome, like a younger, sophisticated Tony Leung. (agree with his co-star)

I`m backing up his choice in doing a lighter movie in the rom-com genre, too. I saw today the trailer of Home, and it`s full of intense gruesome scenes, so after this project that literally drained him physically and mentally, I think he needs to have some fun and relaxing time in acting too. He will play the romantic lead with his eyes closed, with ease and effortless, I`m sure.

All the best to this project! :))

Edited by rheasophia, 13 April 2011 - 10:25 PM.

• ECENTERPRISE and lucillavis like this

#8 feilunhai_rocks

feilunhai_rocks

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

:yeah clapclap Zai Zai looks better now.

#9 MrCritique

MrCritique

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:45 AM

...This new movie is by Starlight International Media (which produced Mulan starring Vicki Zhao) and is the launch of their New wave director project. The director is a lady who has directed mainly more artistic films before this, and she was also the scriptwriter for "Love at the Hawthorne Tree" by Zhang Yimou. It looks like a very strong team.

Comedy is still a less explored genre in Mainland movies, so hope this film will have a good quality production with wide appeal. :D And it is a good change for ZZ to take a more light-hearted movie after his intense role in Home drama. He can angst in other films later, LOL!

Jiayou to Zaizai!

I don't quite share your optimism as my film quality alert has been raised to code orange on this one. This script writer turned director sounds relatively untested so it is highly doubtful she would be able to reproduce the magic from "Under the Hawthorne Tree". Most importantly, a cast that include singers Vivian Hsu and Alan Tam would be OK for an idol drama but does not inspire confidence on the quality of a feature film.

#10 sytwo

sytwo

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7270 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:07 AM

I don't quite share your optimism as my film quality alert has been raised to code orange on this one. This script writer turned director sounds relatively untested so it is highly doubtful she would be able to reproduce the magic from "Under the Hawthorne Tree". Most importantly, a cast that include singers Vivian Hsu and Alan Tam would be OK for an idol drama but does not inspire confidence on the quality of a feature film.

That's OK. Everyone has the right to their own POV. :D No point in arguing about that. There is never a "guarantee" that a movie will turn out great or bad, no matter how strong or weak the director/ team is, and I am aware of that.

sytwo

Edited by sytwo, 14 April 2011 - 05:15 AM.

• baybeehxsleepi, rheasophia and lucillavis like this

#11 ECENTERPRISE

ECENTERPRISE

ZZ Junkies Ghost

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1810 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:46 PM

Oh, I`m glad that Vic regained a healthy weight in such a short time in the break he took after wrapping up Home. He really looks better, and very handsome, like a younger, sophisticated Tony Leung. (agree with his co-star)

I`m backing up his choice in doing a lighter movie in the rom-com genre, too. I saw today the trailer of Home, and it`s full of intense gruesome scenes, so after this project that literally drained him physically and mentally, I think he needs to have some fun and relaxing time in acting too. He will play the romantic lead with his eyes closed, with ease and effortless, I`m sure.

All the best to this project! :))

I completely agree with all you said! :thumbsup

And as a fan, I would rather see him doing light project after a heavy one bcoz I know I will be emotionally drained after watching him in a heavy drama and will be refreshed after watching the lighter one.

One thing I am liking about this new movie is that, it may have bigger chance of wide screening than the last films he did. *I hope so*. :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users