AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

What is it like being black and living in Asia?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Mavericker

Mavericker

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

I know of some blacks who visited Asia and some who lived there. What is it like being black and living here? I know about the 100,000 blacks in China and some blacks living in Japan and visiting Japan. I saw a program about black musicians visiting Japan and performing there and the people loved them. I know about Big C going to Korea to participate in car shows and having a big following there. I know about African-American pop stars and rap stars performiing in China and the people liking them. I am curious- please share your input about this.

#2 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:21 AM

Yes, black people are extremely popular in asia.

You could practically knock on a stranger's door and they'll provide you with food and shelter and even treat you like an emperor and give you parting gifts for your journey.

You should go to asia immediately!

#3 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

how blacks deal with it living in Asia.

You're certainly not going to get any answers from a forum with a presumably large asian percentage.

#4 kreetslaak

kreetslaak

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:32 PM

I think they are 'popular' as curiosities, but as soon as you start getting actual immigrant communities, attitudes become more hostile. I doubt the African community is very popular in Guangzhou, for example.

#5 redding

redding

whats wrong? CONFUSED?!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2075 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:18 AM

^ where the hell did you read that? but to answer your question, first of all, a black person in asia would definately stick out. although you wont be a victim to any violent hate crimes, at least not in china, including hk and taiwan. but thats not to say they wont be treated unfairly.

#6 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

I read somewhere in China a number of Chinese women were marrying successful African businessmen.

That is correct. White africans are all the rage in china.

#7 muta

muta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

NO- BLACK African men. Somewhere in China (or in Taiwan) A large number of Chinese women are marrying BLACK African men- I read about it on some other Asian forum. I am trying to find the link to it. If I am not mistaken a large number of these BLACK Africans come from Nigeria and Congo.

They probably have several wives back in Africa.

#8 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

NO- BLACK African men. Somewhere in China (or in Taiwan) A large number of Chinese women are marrying BLACK African men- I read about it on some other Asian forum. I am trying to find the link to it. If I am not mistaken a large number of these BLACK Africans come from Nigeria and Congo.

That is also correct. Black african men are also all the rage in china.
Chinese women simply love black men.

When they see one they blush and look away.
In fact, to add on to your "large number" it is approximately 73% of the chinese women population.

You have very high chances of getting married to a chinese woman if you go to china IMMEDIATELY!

Edited by Tsukihime, 03 May 2011 - 06:31 PM.

#9 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

Where do the BLACK Africans come from that live in China besides Nigeria?

America.

#10 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

AFRICAN-AMERICANS are NOT AFRICANS. They are products of the US.

There are large numbers of AFRO-ASIANS living in China, which implies CHINESE women were marrying black men, or Chinese men marrying black women.

Sorry, I meant Afro-americans.

#11 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

Then the other black africans are black africans from africa :unsure:
I mean clearly if you're african-anything_else you're just a product of another country.

#12 Anime_X

Anime_X

Coke Addict, mmm Coca Cola

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

Black people are treated ok in Japan because they are very pro western values. In China and HK, a mojority of people are not use to seeing black people and you will get stared at like some alien from another planet and yes you will be treated differently. With China, it's not a multi-cultural country and non asians in many areas of china will be discriminated against. Also South Korea can be a bit racist towards non asians, they have a long way to go to catchup with Japan in building a multi-culturally minded society.

#13 Nitikie

Nitikie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3386 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

You really think that asking here is going to get you an answer? Dude, by all the other posts here, exactly how helpful have they been besides for screwing with your head?

#14 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

How are the 100,000 blacks who live in China treated?

Very well. That is why there are still 100 000 blacks in China.

#15 crystalized

crystalized

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:35 AM

If you "know of some blacks who visited Asia and some who lived there", why don't you actually ask those people what it was like? How the heck are people on this forum who comprise of mainly asians and other non-asians who are not of african descent going to help you with an answer? And even among the african members at AF, i doubt many of them would have lived in Asia.

This is just another redundant topic you've created. If you already know people who can give you answers, why are you asking a bunch of people who know nothing about it? It's like having a doctor friend but instead of asking them for help with a health problem, you go and ask your hair dresser lol.

Edited by crystalized, 05 May 2011 - 12:37 AM.

#16 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

If you look foreign they'll treat you funny.
I bet you would do the same if you saw a really bizarre LOLOLOL sort of animal at the zoo.

Edited by Tsukihime, 05 May 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#17 behappyman 2.0

behappyman 2.0

Asian Fanatic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:24 PM

Mavericker

There's some cool sites that explain this in full when you google 'Blacks in Japan'.

Black culture in Japan - Matador Network site:
[url]http://matadornetwork.com/abroad/burakku-black-culture-in-japan/[/url]

and

Being a Black Foreigner in Japan - Black Travels site:
[url]http://www.blacktravels.com/japan.html[/url]

I found them to be quite informative. I wasn't going to post on this thread but I thought I'd help you out. I think the majority of Japan would either be their normal nice, polite, courteous way to black people, or see blacks as 'cool'. They're mad about Hip-hop and Urban fashion, and those urban youth would really accept black people. Hence the rise in Japanese Hip-hop and Urban music fans, and black urban culture in Japan. A small minority would maybe look less favourably on black people, but that is mainly from stereotypes and judging the appearance of black people in the same negative way, although there are of course beautiful-looking black people and ugly ones.

You really think that asking here is going to get you an answer? Dude, by all the other posts here, exactly how helpful have they been besides for screwing with your head?

I agree. I already told him this. It's not good for him, to regularly go back to a forum (Culture Shock) where he's been dissed to high heaven already!!! But there's a name for this type of person which he could put to good use (better use than this) - 'A hungry inquiring mind' B).

#18 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:40 AM

Black people are treated like emperors in taiwan.
You can walk through the streets and all the girls will bend over for you.

But what I DON'T get is why there's some bigotry towards blacks in China when blacks helped in the development of ancient China?:

Um, do you know anything about ancient china? :unsure:
Neither do I.

Edited by Tsukihime, 06 May 2011 - 04:41 AM.

#19 Anime_X

Anime_X

Coke Addict, mmm Coca Cola

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

Even if you don't have dark skin Chinese people would treat you funny?

If you are non asian then yes you would be treated differently.

You should look at some of the links above- some blacks living in China are treated okay.

But what I DON'T get is why there's some bigotry towards blacks in China when blacks helped in the development of ancient China?:

http://webcache.goog...=www.google.com
http://clyde.winters...nezine/id1.html
http://www.trinicent...irstChinese.htm

And why is there some dissention between blacks in China and the Chinese if the Chinese do business with the Africans? Some of the Africans there have issues with their vistas.

On paper it says one thing but in reality its a different story. Take America for example, it's a multi cultural country with mutli cultural values, but racism is still all over America and you will bump into racist people. Even though america was built on immigration, racism is not dead in America. But in China there is a lot of racism towards non asians, just look at that video clip you posted ages back about that half black/chinese girl on that talent show and treated badly by many people. If you tell normal Chinese people in China about how Africans helped build China, they would just deny it all because they think that Chinese people built China and that Chinese culture developed without any outside interference.

Why would Chinese people treat black people differently even though they do a lot of trade with African nations? Well, going to their country to do business doesn't mean they want Africans to move to China. Its like the British Empire really. British people who were sent to other countries learned to get along with non whites, but would British people back home want these non whites to live in the uk? No.... The Chinese workers that go to Africa get use to being around black people and become tolerant towards blacks, but Chinese people back in China with no contact with Blacks will see Black people in a very negative way!

From experience of being in China and meeting lots of Chinese people. I know that lots of regular Chinese people don't really like non asians that much and likes black people even less. They don't like blacks because they have dark skin and look very different to white and asian people. In Asia, dark is considered bad because it's linked to being dirty. I know its wrong to think these things but its the true reality of how many people in China and many Asian countries think. In places like India, people bleach their skin to appear more white because they also think being too dark is bad. Skin colour in Asia is an important issue.

In China, many people are traditional and marrying Chinese is recommended and seen as the best option by many.

Your best bet is to find an American born Chinese girl, because finding a mainland Chinese girl who is willling to go out with a black person and for their parents to aprove of the relationship would be very hard indeed!

#20 skykh

skykh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

mavericker stop being making pointless threads

#21 ejay1

ejay1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

I am going to China and Taiwan to go on a sex tour...I plan to visit as may brothels as possible

ahh makes sense now

Edited by ejay1, 08 May 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#22 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:11 PM

I am going to China and Taiwan to do missionary work with my family. I am concerned with some racism and bigotry-how is that pointless?

This article makes mention of a young man who has a South African father and Chinese mother:

http://www.telegraph...ck-athlete.html

And it mentions what African countries other blacks come from who live in China:

Nigeria, Guinea, Cameroon, Liberia and Mali

You see? This one fine man is living juuuuuuuust fine.
1 out of 1. 100% satisfaction. That is statistically significant.

No doubt you will be treated like an emperor.

#23 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

Like I said- I am GOING to go to China and Taiwan WITH MY FAMILY TO DO EVANGELISTIC WORK. Spread the Gospel. People there need to hear about Christ. I am a bit concerned about how they treat black people and foreigners.

So you're going there to teach them how to treat black people and foreigners properly?
What kind of evangelical work is that?