AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Hong Kong people, what do you think of "Locust World"?

25 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Curious_*

• Guests

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:44 AM

I saw this song 《蝗蟲天下》 "Locust World" on youtube.

《蝗蟲天下》

Basically, it describes mainlanders as locusts (pests) invading Hong Kong.

Very rough translation:
HKgolden

Am curious what the Hong Kong people here think. BTW I'm Chinese but not from Hong Kong. I can sympathize however because there are too many mainlanders migrating here and we are also suffering although we are overseas.

Though I do think this line is a bit extreme:"蟲國化名叫支那 一早醜遍東亞"?!

#2 redding

whats wrong? CONFUSED?!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:24 AM

just another insecure twat afriad that hong kong society will disappear due to too many mainlanders migrating into the city.

hes saying how in hong kong, mainlanders are eating away at something, does say what. so i think he is saying hong kong society. he mentioned how chinese people are acting without manners on the street and at restaurants and how china is importing fake stuff.

same sh*t, nothing new. people complaining how mainlanders have no manners blah blah blah taking advatange of benefits in hong kong. but hong kong people arent exactly role models either.

#3 chinaboy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

Hong Kong people have a big ego. If it was'nt for the British, u would be living in an opium smelling den. I hope a tsunami hits Hong Kong. I would never help them, but I would help Japan. Japan did one good thing during the Second World war and that was invading Hong Kong. Hong Kongers get ripped away by the ocean tide lol.

#4 Guest_ABT_*

• Guests

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

Probably the descendant of a traitor during the Japanese Occupation.

#5 doopeysmith

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

Hong Kong people are not chinese, they are barbarians (white people dressed in Slitty eyed skin suits). Mainlanders should not migrate to that place (where people think they are role models and everything they do is right). A hotbed of compelling egotistical beings and undeserved morons who were civilized by their British masters. HK ppl are very prejudicial. I'm not a spitter nor do I leach off of benefits, but HKers will think I do.....not surprising of this typical barbaric behaviour. They might make petty excuses that it goes on elsewhere (true, but not as bad as what goes on in Hong Kong). 7 million people living on that small piece of land with a pop density of over 6,000. Majority HK ppl are arrogant, rude, conniving, treacherous, and now, they are PRC's little slave.

Edited by Anime_X, 01 January 2012 - 07:19 AM.
Please avoid using derogatory terms

#6 KingGoujian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

If anyone wants to talk about the real locusts, it's the hongkongers and taiwanese who live on Chinese soil! If they care so much about their independence, they should do one thing: GET THE f*ck OUT. NOW.

#7 behappyman 2.0

Asian Fanatic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

I agree with the above posters that it's wrong to see the incoming Chinese mainlanders as 'locusts'. In my view (even as a non-asian) they have a right to inhabit Hong Kong. It reminds me of Hitler speak, talking of the 'foreign invaders' B) .

#8 qianliuwuyue

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:50 AM

Hong Kong brings the rest of China down with that ''ego'' and ''attitude''. What a snobby, arrogant place. I cannot call them my countrymen, because its the same as ordering me to eat my own vomit.

#9 Anime_X

Coke Addict, mmm Coca Cola

• Forum Crew
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

But dont forget that lots of mainland chinese women go to HK to give birth there. In fact, theres been soo many mainlanders going to HK to give birth that HK cannot cope with the demand. Now the authorities in HK have introduced new legislation to limit the amount of spaces in maternity hostipals given to mainlanders.

The fact that theres been a huge deludge of mainlanders flooding to HK to give birth means they they prefer life and prospects in HK and also better healthcare and maternity care. Nobody is forcing them to come to HK to give birth, they all have a huge desire to come to HK under their own free will.

#10 qianliuwuyue

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

View PostAnime_X, on 06 January 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

But dont forget that lots of mainland chinese women go to HK to give birth there. In fact, theres been soo many mainlanders going to HK to give birth that HK cannot cope with the demand. Now the authorities in HK have introduced new legislation to limit the amount of spaces in maternity hostipals given to mainlanders.

The fact that theres been a huge deludge of mainlanders flooding to HK to give birth means they they prefer life and prospects in HK and also better healthcare and maternity care. Nobody is forcing them to come to HK to give birth, they all have a huge desire to come to HK under their own free will.

The mainlanders going there are mostly Northerners and Guangdong peoples.

#11 Yopparai.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

View Postqianliuwuyue, on 06 January 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

The mainlanders going there are mostly Northerners and Guangdong peoples.
agree ... that cantonese from Guangdong go to Hongkong .( majority cantonese )
same race same sh*t ..

Edited by Kengo, 08 January 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#12 Diego Viet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

View Postchinaboy, on 23 May 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:

Hong Kong people have a big ego. If it was'nt for the British, u would be living in an opium smelling den. I hope a tsunami hits Hong Kong.

For some reason you make a lot of sense.

#13 evilkelvin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:18 AM

wow.. fair amount of hate for hong kong people i see ehhhhh? to all those haters of hongkies can go f**k themselves... i bet those haters above are either dirty communist mainlanders or some vietcongs or phlipino maids.

You see how easily hate can turn people against each other? I don't see what is the point of posting comments that are hurtful when it is only a small minority of people in h.k that dislike "mainlanders".

#14 fefe 鸽子

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

First of all, there's no use arguing about these stuff. they'll never happen. and i've never known of anybody whos views changed after a debate.

now let me be a hypocrite.
that song was VERY INSULTING. i was just staring at my pc screen going "@&!#@*$# are you serious?????"
and then i looked at the comments, and i'm very glad i have kungfu class soon so i can let it all out.
anyways i'm mad

note for later arguments:
cantonese is NOT the only dialect in China, and is not a reason for HK to be its own country or whatever.
Northern China is everything above the Yangtze river
Don't classify the rest of China as "mando speakers" they're not. not really

Edited by 鸽子, 04 February 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#15 kasuso

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:59 AM

Well, giving birth in HK costs money. It costs 10,000 hk/rmb to take care of 1 infant in the hospital PER DAY if the baby has problems after delivery. So HK people have all right to defend our tax payers dollars. mainlanders cannot even make over 10,000 hk in a month let alone a day. Whose paying? the hong kong people of course, and it isn't fair how hk doesnt get any money from the prc, yet mainlander people come to live the services that 7-8 some odd million people have to pay for.

I'm not saying i have anything against the customs of mainland people, but all i want to say is, if they want to go to HK, then they should apply without sneaking in to try to get citizenship like what many people complain about.

#16 Yopparai.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

View Postallanandtherain, on 07 February 2012 - 01:59 AM, said:

Well, giving birth in HK costs money. It costs 10,000 hk/rmb to take care of 1 infant in the hospital PER DAY if the baby has problems after delivery. So HK people have all right to defend our tax payers dollars. mainlanders cannot even make over 10,000 hk in a month let alone a day. Whose paying? the hong kong people of course, and it isn't fair how hk doesnt get any money from the prc, yet mainlander people come to live the services that 7-8 some odd million people have to pay for.

I'm not saying i have anything against the customs of mainland people, but all i want to say is, if they want to go to HK, then they should apply without sneaking in to try to get citizenship like what many people complain about.
cantonese vs cantonese ..( same race fights ) :harhar
cantonese Guangdong ( mainland ) VS cantonese Hongkong .

cantonese Guangdong pregnant women VS cantonese Hongkong . ..

Tam said he wanted officials in Guangdong to help crack down on cross-border agents who help pregnant women give birth in Hong Kong. http://news.monsters...-pregnant-women

Edited by Kengo, 09 February 2012 - 07:18 AM.

#17 speedofwarrior

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

View PostKengo, on 09 February 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

cantonese vs cantonese ..( same race fights ) Posted Image

Tam said he wanted officials in Guangdong to help crack down on cross-border agents who help pregnant women give birth in Hong Kong. http://news.monsters...-pregnant-women

View PostKengo, on 09 February 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

cantonese vs cantonese ..( same race fights ) Posted Image

A bunch of native mandarin speakers migrating to Hong Kong + Mandarin Chinese speaking broken Cantonese with accent doesn't make them Cantonese. You have to include Guangdoggers of Teochew, Hakka, Hokkiens living in Guangdong aswell.

Speaking Mandarin is socialized with being hooker in the Cantonese society, because for decades mainland Chinese women who speak Mandarin have came to steal Hong Kong men or work as hookers. The same thing with Macau.

#18 Yopparai.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

View Postspeedofwarrior, on 07 March 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

A bunch of native mandarin speakers migrating to Hong Kong + Mandarin Chinese speaking broken Cantonese with accent doesn't make them Cantonese. You have to include Guangdoggers of Teochew, Hakka, Hokkiens living in Guangdong aswell.

Speaking Mandarin is socialized with being hooker in the Cantonese society, because for decades mainland Chinese women who speak Mandarin have came to steal Hong Kong men or work as hookers. The same thing with Macau.

bla bla bla for what ..
.Cantonese is an western word used by westerners to described the native Guangdong people,
http://en.wikipedia....antonese_people

Posted Image so let us enjoy watching cantonese hongkong hate & look down their own race ..
cantonese hongkong VS cantonese guangdong ( mainland )

#19 Titan49

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

HK and China has a big difference in many ways, so it is not unreasonable that conflicts and friction arise when forced integration occurs.

#20 K228

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

Same anti-foreigner sentiment you'll find any where in the world, of anger angainst incomers using resources funded by local tax payers. Usually the extent of the problem is blown out of porportion and the anti-foreigner rhetoric just serves as a convenient way of lumping together other frustrations and angers with more deep rooted problems. The cry of 'our hospitals would be better, our schools less overcrowded and housing less expensive if it wasn't for foreigners' isn't unique to Hong Kong,

#21 woaini1314

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

Some people are really rude. I'm not defending HK people because some of them are really rude and arrogant with many prejudices against mainlanders. However, some people insulting Hk and complaining about HK people's behaviour should really look at themselve.
I heard the problem is that many pregnant women come to Hk to give birth and with so many coming they take away the places of pregnant HK women (I'M not sure). It's quite understandable why people are so defensive but I don't support racismn like shown in the video.

#22 Ayshlii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

I guess this tension has arisen as Hong Kong was under British rule for 99 years and Hong Kong customs has incorporated quite a bit of British customs, thus creating this tension. This has lead to a major difference in traditions and customs between Hong Kong and China. But I do not like how Mainland Chinese women are coming to Hong Kong to give birth as the money is paid by Hong Kong citizens. It is a only a handful of Mainland Chinese that act to the extreme of the people shown the 'locust' video. However, i thought it was 'over the top' that some Hong Kong people went and sang that song to Mainland Chinese people in public.

#23 fefe 鸽子

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostAyshlii, on 19 May 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

But I do not like how Mainland Chinese women are coming to Hong Kong to give birth as the money is paid by Hong Kong citizens.
well, yes, but you can't really blame them because the one-child policy doesn't really count if the baby is an HK citizen. better than getting an abortion

#24 Facepunch

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hongkongers are not Chinese, they are my tai pi-nongs, they are tai brothers and sisters. Not related to chinese people! William Hung, Bruce Lee are not chinese, they are Tai pi-nongs.

Edited by Ait Wang, 07 March 2013 - 04:11 PM.
pls avoid using derogatory remarks

#25 teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

To all the commentators who insulted Hong Kongers and the song writer. What the song writer has depicted are truthful, undeniable, uncontested, facts! And to the same mud sluggers here, if you think Hong Kong suck on so many levels, explain to me why all your comrades in China think otherwise and flock to HK in droves?

And to the very same China loyalists, did you donate to the recent Sichuan earthquake? Your hated Hong Kongers did. These Hong Kongers, who you depict as evil, who hate people from China, who are arrogant, who are descendants of traitors, who are insecure, just sent money to save your people's butt. What did you do for your comrade? If you didn't even donate, that puts you even lower than a Hong Konger.

Some egotistical northern boy is going to say China doesn't need Hong Kong's money. Sure that might be true, then why does the central gov't say that and send the people of Hong Kong a refund!?

Edited by teddyc, 05 May 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#26 UnstoppableElmo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

They even ended up tearing down the school built with HK donations and instead built a mall. It is so ridiculous it is almost funny.

Let us not avoid the issue. Mainland gets heat from all over the world and when fellow Chinese do it it is even worse. That is why this is so emotional. Even funnier is how things HKer are complaining about for a long time (manners) only now mainland acknowledge and doing something about it. When they cause damage all over HK they do so with impudence. But a boy who scratch an Egyptian temple all of sudden they claim it is a shame to the nation. When HKer point out their manners how defiant is their attitude saying HK suck up to white.

I think they really need to fix their own mainland sellouts and traitors first. I hope for nothing more than mainland to be strong and proud and if HK really do suck up to white please by all means body slam HK for it. But do not say a word about HK if your own mainland people are brainwashed by American media and yell "50 cent" anytime you question their never ending quoting of US propaganda. IF HK suck up to white because of colonialism, what is your so called "liberal" Chinese mainlanders excuse.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users