AF needs funding again

Photo

[TVB] Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles 名媛望族

prominent family tvb grand production period drama damian lau tavia yeung idy chan ron ng kenneth ma silver spoon sterling shackles

• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#41 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7056 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

Kenneth falling for Tavia will be interesting as they are both leads of the series, they should have more screentimes.

#42 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:06 AM

Credit to kuangai tvb

Posted Image

Damian has five wives: Mary Hon (1st), Idy Chan (2nd), Elena Kong (3rd), Tavia Yeung (4th) and JJ Jia (5th).

Mary Hon has confirmed this and it is said that the main focused character is Tavia in this series...

#43 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7056 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Wow - great news so does that means the whole series is focused on Tavia?? Tavia is leading the series??

#44 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

Kenneth & Damian as son and father
Posted Image

#45 azn_lil_babe

azn_lil_babe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

=P so on baidu and wiki; It says that Ron and Tavia are siblings; Ron being the younger brother
wiki baidu

( TT^TT I want a TaRo series)

#46 lonegurl

lonegurl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

Awwwwwwwwww...I want Taro! TVB please!

#47 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

Fala Chen & Elena Kong

Posted Image

#48 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:37 AM

Ron Ng
Posted Image

Damian Lau
Posted Image

Edited by jerebtvb, 28 October 2011 - 04:59 AM.

#49 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

Ron Ng confirmed that "Prominent Family" will be filmed in early December. So this means the official costume fitting will be around mid or end of November 2011.

#50 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

TVB Sales Presentation Trailer

Credit to tungstar

Posted Image

Prominent Family
Posted Image
Main Cast:
Damian Lau, Idy Chan, Tavia Yeung, Kenneth Ma, Fala Chen, Ron Ng, Elena Kong, Mary Hon, Shek Sau, Lau Kong, Vincent Wong, Sire Ma, JJ Jia & Charmaine Li

#51 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:22 AM

Clearer version of the screen caps

Credit to kuangai tvb & tungstar

Posted Image

#52 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:58 AM

Posted Image

Source from kuangai tvb

Due to health reason, Fala Chen will not film "Prominent Family". Someone will replace her role, confirmed only after the anniversary gala.

#53 tvchaser

tvchaser

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

wat happen to Fala health :down ? Was it severe health problem that cause her to excluded in the production?

#54 TKO

TKO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

That sucks I was looking forward to fresh pairing of Ron and Fala. Hopefully they have Tavia play Fala's role and find someone else to be Damian's wife.

#55 LUV♡HOLIC

LUV♡HOLIC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:58 AM

Because Fala is already going to film Triumph in the Skies II, I think it's a good thing that she won't be filming this series. I don't think she's a strong actress, especially not strong enough to lead grand productions.

#56 swtvtgrl

swtvtgrl

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1679 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:30 AM

Because Fala is already going to film Triumph in the Skies II, I think it's a good thing that she won't be filming this series. I don't think she's a strong actress, especially not strong enough to lead grand productions.

That is not why Fala is not filming Prominent Family. Fala is currently ill; there are issues with her trigeminal nerve. So, Fala will leave after the awards ceremony and come back in May to film TITS2.

#57 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7056 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

I am sad about Fala not filming but if I have a chance seeing TARO being paired up, that will be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#58 sweetieyuki

sweetieyuki

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:19 AM

OMFG poor Fala being sick and now i cant see Tavia n Fala together in dis series! :STUPID now i want TARO to pair! :noclue

#59 greenhotchilipeper

greenhotchilipeper

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:26 AM

just heard that Miss HK 2011 will replace Fala for this role and costume film expected work out today has been delay, not confirm the schedule yet, But the opening recorder fix at 8 December

#60 swtvtgrl

swtvtgrl

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1679 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:36 AM

I am sad about Fala not filming but if I have a chance seeing TARO being paired up, that will be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's only if Tavia replaces Fala, but Tavia is already part of the cast.

The producer confirmed that Rebecca Zhu will replace Fala in PF (First, it was Laughing's movie. Now, PF. TVB tend to cast Rebecca as a replacement for Fala.)

#61 sweetieyuki

sweetieyuki

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3221 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:46 AM

The producer confirmed that Rebecca Zhu will replace Fala in PF (First, it was Laughing's movie. Now, PF. TVB tend to cast Rebecca as a replacement for Fala.)

:shock :shock :shock :shock

wut is dis???? she dun have the qualification to replace Fala!! has she ever acted before cos I dun think so!! :noclue

#62 Guest_Mikuo_*

Guest_Mikuo_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

... why of all actress they picks rebecca?
if they r really wanna groom a newbie up they could just upgrade Sire to play fala's role
I actually wanted selena li to replace fala. she has the looks of that era :(
proven in the series with liza and charmaine.

#63 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

Yeah, I thought Selena Li is the potential role which can replace Fala's role. And in fact, Rebecca Zhu is replacing it. I'm so disappointed when knowing the news. :thumbdown

#64 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7056 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

TVB can't be serious, now Tavia def. be 1st leading actress, poor Ron and Kenneth will have to look after the Miss HK. Why not Nancy Wu, Selina Li?

Edited by FantasyMania, 22 November 2011 - 04:53 PM.

• jerebtvb likes this

#65 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

The script booklet is out!

The copy editors are Au Guen Ying & Wu Mei Wun

Posted Image

Can't wait for the official costume fitting day!

#66 TKO

TKO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Ron as usual pairs up with a newbie. Sucks for Kenneth too.

#67 greenhotchilipeper

greenhotchilipeper

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

29 november coustume fitting day

#68 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

Spoiler

[Ming Pao: Rebecca Zhu replace Fala Chen to film new series] Fala Chen faced health problem on her facial nerves. Unfortunately, she rejected filming grand production, "Prominent Family". Her role will be replaced by this year's Miss HK Champion, Rebecca Zhu". Tommy Leung said, "Although Rebecca is a newcomer, her acting looks comfortable. "Is she looking similar to Fala Chen?" He replied, "A little! But the main reason is that her temperament suits the series." Rebecca said, "I had met Tavia Yeung. We had a discussion before".

Posted Image

#69 Guest_Mikuo_*

Guest_Mikuo_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:09 AM

disappointed by the news :( why rebecca.
i feel so bad for sire now ><...

#70 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35880 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:14 AM

Rebecca Zhu Fills in for Fala Chen in New Series
Friday November 25, 2011 Hong Kong
Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com/

Posted Image

Problems have arisen in Fala Chen's facial nerves; for fear of serious facial paralysis, [she] will be returning to the US in early December to rest for a month, helplessly pulling out of the grand production "Prominent Family". TVB anxiously looked for another candidate. It has been said that this role has already been confirmed to be filled in by this year's Miss Hong Kong winner, Rebecca Zhu. Director of Production Tommy Leung admitted: "Although Rebecca Zhu is a newcomer, her acting is quite comfortable. (Is it related to her resemblance to Fala?) A little bit! But mostly because her air is very suitable. This series is about the '20s and '30s".

Rebecca can be considered the representative Miss Hong Kong for the past few years. After gaining the crown, [she] has already been in a movie, and now [she] also has an opportunity to be one of the female leads, battling in acting with Tavia Yeung, so absolutely do not mind being 'second choice'. "The company has given me this good opportunity; I am very grateful and happy. I will work hard and appreciate it. As a newcomer, there is definitely pressure, but just met with Tavia; we chatted. She is a very good person...believe that, with her carrying me, it should be okay".

Caption 1: The grand production "Prominent Family" is a 40-episode long series. Because of health problems, Fala has lost out on a role that has much to do; she also feels helpless.

Caption 2: Rebecca is the representative Miss Hong Kong for the past few years. After gaining the crown, work has come one after the other. Entering the industry for four months, [she] has already had opportunities to film a movie and a series...heavily promoted by the company.

#71 Transition

Transition

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4609 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

I think people should cut Rebecca some slack. We haven't even seen her act yet and people are already assuming she is bad. TVB is known for promoting Miss HKs and Miss International rapidly, so it is not like Rebecca is the first one.
But the difference is she has at least gotten some kind of training before this, as she went to an art/performing school at the age of 16. So I don't see why she doesn't deserve a chance to act in this series, when others who didn't even get basic training landed on big roles already from the beginning.
Besides, TVB is in short of below 30s first-line fa dans, the only one they have is Linda Chung and Fala Chen so I think it is reasonable that they are trying to recruit and promote the younger fa dans to the first line.

Edited by Transition, 27 November 2011 - 09:58 AM.

#72 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:00 AM

Posted Image

Cast list for attending the official costume fitting event on Tuesday, 29th November 2011

Damian Lau, Idy Chan, Tavia Yeung, Ron Ng, Rebecca Zhu, Elena Kong, Mary Hon, Sire Ma, Vincent Wong, JJ Jia, Shek Sau, Charmaine Li, Chan Wing Chun, Lily Lee, Stephen Huynh, Bak Yan, Sammy Sum, Brian Thomas Burrell, Gill Singh, Wong Ching, Calinda Chan, Deborah Poon, Tina Shek, Emily Chung, Jim Tang, Bella Lam, Savio Tsang, Ben Wong, Adrian Chau, Lau Kong, Lily Leung, Kelvin Leung, Poon Fong Fong, Shek You Mun, Jess Shum, Fung So Por, Luvin Ho, Wah Jung Nan, Tsang Mei Wun & Yu Ji Ming

Kenneth Ma will not present for the event....

Rebecca Zhu
Posted Image

Edited by jerebtvb, 27 November 2011 - 05:07 AM.

#73 miho

miho

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

OMZG would Tavia fans be nicer? Rebecca Zhu is praising your idols, leave her alone.

TVB can't be serious, now Tavia def. be 1st leading actress, poor Ron and Kenneth will have to look after the Miss HK. Why not Nancy Wu, Selina Li?

Idy Chan is killed alive.

#74 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5523 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

We have not seen Rebecca act yet. Maybe she's a natural talent in acting? Lets watch first before getting disappointed. Tiffany Lam's acting was quite natural in her first acting foray in 'Not Just a Pretty Face'.

#75 Junigatsu

Junigatsu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

OMZG would Tavia fans be nicer? Rebecca Zhu is praising your idols, leave her alone.

Idy Chan is killed alive.

Generalising and assuming its all Tavia fans?

Main reason why people making comment on Rebecca being casted into a major production is because she's taking over Fala's spot, who is now one the top fadans.

Alot artist work their way to top to get main roles like this but never get the chance. Its like she only recently won miss HK and already been casted as one the main actresses.

Look at all the list of "supporting" actors and actresses how long they have been in acting industry to be only having a "supporting" role and never main. ie. Nancy & sharon.

They could have even pushed JJ to Fala's character then Rebecca to JJ's, as JJ has more acting experience.. but thats TVB for you (Y) promoting Miss HK's

Edited by Junigatsu, 27 November 2011 - 07:41 PM.

• Tammy<3 likes this

#76 silveria

silveria

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:43 AM

Generalising and assuming its all Tavia fans?

Main reason why people making comment on Rebecca being casted into a major production is because she's taking over Fala's spot, who is now one the top fadans.

Alot artist work their way to top to get main roles like this but never get the chance. Its like she only recently won miss HK and already been casted as one the main actresses.

Look at all the list of "supporting" actors and actresses how long they have been in acting industry to be only having a "supporting" role and never main. ie. Nancy & sharon.

They could have even pushed JJ to Fala's character then Rebecca to JJ's, as JJ has more acting experience.. but thats TVB for you (Y) promoting Miss HK's

For all you know,Rebecca may be talented. All I can say is to reserve judgement until you watch her act. And about getting chances, why don't you look at the movie leading actresses. People like Stephen Chow cast new faces as his leading actresses all the time. If someone has charisma and screen presence, why not? Besides, just because she's taking on fala's character, doesn't necessarily means she will have the SAME screen time as Fala will have. They may have cut her role to something more suitable of her status? Anyway, Fala's role is not even main lead or even 2nd lead, she will have been supporting at best with Idy and Tavia here.

Besides don't you think Fala is the same way ? Fala has been getting prominent roles early in her career. But you yourself said "Fala is now one of the top Fadans". If Fala was never given chances in good roles, do you think she will be at the position she is? No doubt, fala still have tons to improve like all the current fadans, but her charisma and likability is undeniable. lIkewise, Linda is the same way.

I'm not saying that Rebecca will be good, but at least give her the chance. If she turns out bad, I'll bash her like the way i bash aimee chan, but right now, I'll wait and see.
  • Transition, jerebtvb and ~ ♥ Malec ~ like this

#77 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:11 AM

Ben Wong is reading the scripts!

Posted Image

#78 mashimaro11

mashimaro11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

Here is my fair thoughts on Rebecca......

1st of all it's not her fault that Fala drop out
2nd of all it's not her fault that she got casted to replace fala

I know everyone complaining how she's new and unfair to others actresses, but think about it rebecca is not the one to blame because she have no control over being promoted by TVB. Its TVB decision to promote whoever they wants and more will be coming.....

I won't judge rebecca just yet because i haven't seen her acting.... but by the look of it TVB will promote her heavily once she pass on her crown.... But thank god at least Rebecca is quite pretty... I think people should give her a chance before jumping to conclusion saying this and that......

To be honest i am quite anxious to see how her acting skills was cause i know that we're going to see her in alot of series in the future, so fingers cross.....and goodluck to her!!!!!
  • Transition and jerebtvb like this

#79 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

Kenneth Ma will attend the official costume fitting!!!! Can't wait to look for the pictures!

Triangle love?!
Kenneth, Rebecca & Ron
Posted Image

Posted Image

Charmaine Li
Posted Image

Edited by jerebtvb, 29 November 2011 - 06:08 AM.

#80 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

Costume fitting pictures

Damian & four wives, who is left in the picture?
Posted Image

Damian, Ron & Tavia
http://ww4.sinaimg.c...dnko1d2ut9j.jpg

Posted Image

http://ww3.sinaimg.c...dnknid2vrnj.jpg

Ben, Elena, Damian & Kenneth
Posted Image

Elena, Mary & Tavia
http://ww1.sinaimg.c...dnknoa9hvqj.jpg

Other pictures
http://ww1.sinaimg.c...dnkog67wt3j.jpg
http://ww1.sinaimg.c...dnkoevcju4j.jpg
http://ww4.sinaimg.c...dnkn25i4ekj.jpg
http://ww2.sinaimg.c...dnknknk9g0j.jpg
http://ww1.sinaimg.c...dnknwdlr17j.jpg
http://ww4.sinaimg.c...dnkn8mbzn3j.jpg
http://ww1.sinaimg.c...dnkm55gdwwj.jpg
http://ww1.sinaimg.c...dnklxpzz9tj.jpg

Edited by jerebtvb, 29 November 2011 - 07:12 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prominent family, tvb, grand production, period drama, damian lau, tavia yeung, idy chan, ron ng, kenneth ma, silver spoon sterling shackles

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users