AF needs funding again

[UPCOMING][TVB] Beauty At War 金枝慾孽(貳)

war and beauty ii sheren tang ada choi christine ng moses chan tvb ancient grand production kenny wong war and beauty 2

112 replies to this topic

#1 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:07 AM

English Name :
Beauty At War

Chinese Name :
金枝慾孽(貳)

Chinese Pinyin:- jin zhi yu ye er
Cantonese Title: - gam ji yuk yip yi

Costume Fitting Date:
27 February 2012

Blessing Ceremony Date:
27 March 2012

Genre:
Ancient/Palace/Grand Production

Producer :
Jonathan Chik Kei Yi

Script Writer:
Chow Yuk Ming [War and Beauty, Fly With Me, The Gem of Life]

Filming Location:
Hong Kong/Beijing

Filming Length:
March 2012-July 2012

Episodes :

Cast :
Sheren Tang
Ada Choi
Christine Ng
Moses Chan
Kenny Wong
Eddie Kwan
Tracy Ip
Rachel Kan
Christine Kuo
Alice Chan
Wai Kar Hung
Vivien Yeo
Raymond Cho
Tou Yin Gor
Katy Kung
Leung Ka Ki
Rachel Poon
Lily Lee
Even Chan
Shum Ho Yan
Pauline Chow
Kimmy Kwan
Chiu Lok Yin
Mak Ho Yee
Tina Shek
Joey Yau
Ip Hoi Yan
Kibby Lau
Nicole Wan
Or Na
Eddie Li
Kelvin Lee
Oscar Chan
Tsang Kin Ming
Stanley Cheung
Cheung Yu Ang
Louis Szeto
Akai Lee
Jackie Cheng
Milkson Fong
Sunny Dai
Stephen Ho
Wang Wai Tak
Kelvin Chan
Hugo Wong
Terrence Huang
Wong Tak Kei

Info :
- It is the TVB Upcoming Sales Presentation 2012.

Credit to hyn5 blog

- The story will be about how Kunqu opera artistes strive to survive in the Qing Palace. In July, there are plans to go to Nanjing to learn Kunqu.
- Sheren Tang will play Niugulu Ruyue (鈕鈷祿‧如玥), a woman who considers the general interest.
- Ada Choi will play Yamuqi Xiangling (雅穆齊‧湘菱), a nanny. She will be involved in a love triangle with Moses Chan and Sheren.
- Christine Ng will play Niugulu Yuanxiu (鈕鈷祿‧宛琇), Sheren's younger sister.
- Moses will play Gao Liufei (高流斐), an opera artiste who later enters the palace.
- Kenny Wong will play a prisoner.
- Eddie Kwan will play a Hua Dan (i.e., a Chinese opera artiste in a female role).
- Tracy Ip will play a villain.
- Christine Kuo will play a silly palace maid who serves Sheren.
- Alice Chan will guest-star. She will have a relationship with Moses.
- Katy Kung will play Muduer (木都兒), Ada's younger sister. She is a palace maid.
- Raymond Cho will play Physician Yang.
- Tina Shek will play Shujia Qiuwei (舒佳‧秋葦), a palace maid who has an optimistic and pure personality, and is curious and nosy.

Edited by jerebtvb, 21 April 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#2 TKO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:53 AM

Bunch of sequels for 2012. I can see Tavia doing this.

#3 jadul80

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

See what I said in other thread, once again a sequel of TVB old production, what's wrong with TVB?! Desperately to produce new series with originality :innocent
TITS II, WAB II. Next? Maybe ATTOAE III, GF II, ASITP II, DIF VI, etc...:shock

#4 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,888 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

After a 7 year hiatus, sequel to <<War and Beauty>> planned for 2012

Saturday, August 6, 2011 Hong Kong

Source: TVB Channel (Original Source: Mingpao Weekly, Issue #2230)

Translation: llwy12@ http://asianfanatics.net

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

TVB’s palace drama <<War and Beauty>> was tremendously successful back when it was released in 2004 -- not only did the series sweep most of the major awards at the Anniversary Awards ceremony back then, it was also a runaway success in other Asian regions as well. In fact, in Mainland China as well as other countries, the ratings for the series even exceeded popular Korean drama <<Jewel in the Palace>>. Recently, TVB re-broadcast <<War and Beauty>> in the midnight timeslot in HK and the ratings continued to dominate, with discussions and attention paid to the series almost to the level of the new series currently being broadcast during the ‘golden’ timeslots!

Fans of the series may be happy to hear that after 7 years, TVB is currently planning a sequel to the popular hit series, with filming set to begin next year. Even though one of the female leads Gigi Lai will not be able to participate in the series due to her retirement from the entertainment industry, the other original leads such as Sheren Tang, Charmaine Sheh, Moses Chan, Kenny Wong, etc. may possibly get the chance to participate. In addition, actress Ada Choi – who missed the opportunity to participate in the series back in 2004 – may get the chance to ‘battle’ with Sheren and Charmaine in the sequel. The strong cast alone already makes the sequel one of the most anticipated series of 2012!

.--.

Currently, TVB’s production department is already making preparations for the various drama series that will commence filming next year. Out of all the ‘plans’ for series next year, the one that has garnered the most attention is ‘golden producer’ Chik Kei Yee and scriptwriter Chow Yuk Ming’s sequel <<War and Beauty 2>>. When the original <<War and Beauty>> aired back in 2004, it took the entire region by storm, with the ladies from the series ‘battling’ both on-screen and off. In the series, the constant infighting of the 4 main female characters in the imperial palace – Concubine Yu (Sheren Tang), Yuk Ying (Gigi Lai), Yi Sun (Charmaine Sheh), On Sin (Maggie Cheung) – plus the cleverly written dialogue, kept audiences glued to their TV sets, tuning in night after night to watch. Also, the production of the series at the time was taken much more seriously than many of the similar-themed series of recent years (i.e. 2009’s <<Beyond the Realm of Conscience>>), with the entire cast and crew filming on location in Beijing, China as well as Hengdian. Another indication of the series’ tremendous popularity back then was in the intense ‘battle’ for TV Queen that played out off screen, which dominated entertainment news headlines. Even though Gigi Lai ended up winning the TV Queen award, the other ladies didn’t exactly ‘lose’ when it came to momentum and support for their respective performances.

Producer Chik Kei Yee hopes the original cast can participate

When asked about the plan to film a sequel to <<War and Beauty>>, the original series’ producer Chik Kei Yee confirmed it: “At the moment, we are only in very preliminary discussions -- we don’t even have any content for the sequel yet, so the artists who will be participating have not been confirmed. Of course, we hope to have the original cast participate if at all possible, but for now, we are going to establish the start date for filming first, then figure out the artists’ schedules. The current plan is to start filming the 40 episode series in February 2012.” Asked whether the decision to film a sequel was due to the recent re-airing of the series in the midnight timeslot exceeding expectations, producer Chik responded: “Probably not! Actually, after the series finished airing in 2004, there were talks of a sequel, but we didn’t move forward with it because 1) the storyline from the original was already pushed to the endpoint and there wasn’t much opportunity for further development, and 2) we didn’t want to do a sequel just for the sake of doing one. Not too long ago, Catherine Tsang [TVB’s head of drama series production] approached me and we talked about the possibility of filming a sequel now – after much discussion, we decided that this would be the best time for a sequel, as many of the artists from the original series have matured in their acting and so getting them together again would have good results.”

So with the intention of having the original cast collaborate, does that mean that Sheren, Charmaine, and Moses will participate in the sequel? “Everyone knows with that ‘class’ of artists, trying to coordinate their schedules will be a huge headache, but of course I hope to have the original cast as much as possible.” (But with Gigi Lai retired, will Ada Choi be added to the cast, since she missed the opportunity to participate in the original series?) “Ada is a great actress – we did approach her and hope that she will be able to participate. In addition to the strength of the cast, we are also planning to film on location again – the application process for those locations takes a lot of time…just like when we applied for permission to film in the real Forbidden City last time, it was a cumbersome process.”

Even though Gigi Lai has married and retired from the industry in the 7 years since the original series was filmed, both Sheren and Charmaine are still active and for the past 2 years, have been ‘battling’ for TV Queen at the annual Anniversary Awards ceremony. If actress Ada Choi – who is known for her solid acting – joins the cast, then it will truly be a ‘battle of the TV Queens’ -- that in itself will be enough to attract a massive audience!

Charmaine Sheh: It is a very beautiful memory

In reality, back when <<War and Beauty>> aired in 2004, most of the attention was placed on the characters of Yuk Ying and Concubine Yu – it was widely believed that the ‘battle’ for TV Queen was primarily between Gigi and Sheren. However, during the recent re-airing of the series, Charmaine’s character Yi Sun seems to have gained in popularity, as many netizens specifically praised Charmaine’s performance as having depth and handling the emotional scenes well.

Charmaine admits that she looks forward to being able to film a sequel as well, however the biggest obstacle at this moment is her schedule: “Recently, when the series was re-broadcast, I did hear about the various discussions online. When I think back to that time [filming WAB], the memory is definitely a fond one. Back then, I never thought about getting an award – all I knew was that I really, really, really liked the character of Yi Sin, so definitely thankful to producer Chik for giving me the opportunity to play that role. Actually, <<War and Beauty>> was my first collaboration with producer Chik and his team – I’m very happy that afterwards, I had many more opportunities to work with him (and his team). If the sequel does happen, then it will be a very beautiful memory, so I definitely hope that I will get the chance to participate. Currently, I am scheduled to film a Mainland series in February, so it would be in conflict with the filming for the sequel – right now, we are trying to negotiate to see if there is any possibility of delaying the Mainland series, but it will take some time to discuss. If I am able to participate in the sequel, I am really looking forward to the type of character that producer Chik will have me play – after all, several years have passed and things have changed. It should be good though!”

Sheren Tang: producer Chik would ‘fan the fire’ to push competitive spirit

In addition to the challenges with Charmaine’s schedule, an obstacle also exists with Sheren’s schedule, as the February start date conflicts with a movie project for Sheren. She expressed: “I’ve already committed to filming a movie during that time and the arrangements were already made way in advance. But it’s still early, so I’m hoping that we will be able to come up with a way to accommodate. <<War and Beauty>> was definitely a ‘classic’ – a series that the HK people can be proud of – so of course I would love to participate in the sequel. Not only in HK, but in the greater Chinese region as well, it is quite popular and well-received, so this is a great opportunity. Many people thought that I had a lot of experience acting in Qing Dynasty imperial palace series, but in reality, <<War and Beauty>> was my very first Qing era imperial palace series – the fact that people have this type of misconception shows how memorable the series was for the audiences, which is definitely attributed to producer Chik’s efforts.”

Towards the rumors that Ada Choi may join the cast for the sequel, Sheren excitedly stated: “I never had the chance to work with Ada on a series before. We’ve only collaborated on a few evangelical events [both are Christians] in the past, so it will be a good opportunity for us to ‘test’ our acting skills against each other. In most series, there are usually 2 male leads and 2 female leads, but in <<War and Beauty>>, there were 4 females who had almost the same amount of screentime – plus producer Chik was good at encouraging people and telling each person how good their acting was during filming – this ‘fanning the fire’ type method really helped to push the competitive spirit and helped to motivate us. I remember back then, my character was constantly at odds with Rebecca Chan’s Empress character and so sometimes when we were driven by that competitive spirit, we would work extra hard to ‘battle’ with each other – offscreen though, we were all good friends and so we had a happy and fun time filming together.”

Ada Choi regrets missing the opportunity to participate in the original series

It was rumored that Ada Choi was given the opportunity to participate in the original <<War and Beauty>> back in 2004, but it didn’t work out. Currently taking care of her newborn daughter, Ada replied via her manager: “I remember back then, producer Chik approached me about filming a series related to ghosts and the supernatural – since I’m a Christian, that type of genre wasn’t appropriate for me, so I declined the opportunity. Later on, producer Chik ended up changing the script completely and it became <<War and Beauty>>…he had approached me again about filming the new script, but unfortunately my schedule could not accommodate due to a prior commit for a Mainland series. Afterwards, I heard that the series had good word of mouth and felt that it was too bad I missed the opportunity, especially since it would have been great to work with so many good actors and actresses. But as the saying goes, ‘you win some and you lose some’ – if I hadn’t participated in that Mainland series that year, I would not have met my husband Max and would not have such a cute daughter now….fate definitely had a hand in it. Now with the sequel, I definitely hope to be able to participate, especially since I’ve worked with producer Chik and screen writer Chow Yuk Ming many times and we work well together. Also, the characters that they create usually have a lot of depth and are challenging to portray, so it’s definitely something to look forward to. Anyways, the filming doesn’t start until next year, so we’ll see!”

#5 ♔LATTE♔

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:26 AM

I can't wait for this! I've been dying for a sequel production for seven years now! I thought they'd never make one!
But honestly...they're just going to take the name and not the storyline I bet if the producer wants the original cast to come back since Maggie's, Bowie's, Gigi's character died. But anyhow, still can't wait ^.^

#6 SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

?!?!?! why make another one after sooo many years?!?!

#7 woodi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:43 AM

As much as I hope, I doubt TVB is able to produce a sequence as witty scripted as the original.

Further, dont see the need for a sequence as the orginal characters, both in real and reel, are almost half gone.

Edited by woodi, 09 August 2011 - 05:01 AM.

#8 skYmaster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:33 PM

Looking forward to this. WAB is one of my favourite TVB series all time! :iloveyou:

#9 Lovememories

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:55 AM

Ah Sheh will film this series.

#10 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

Posted Image

Spoiler

Yeah, Charmaine is confirmed to film "War and Beauty 2". And she will film with Moses Chan again.

Edited by jerebtvb, 14 August 2011 - 02:41 PM.

#11 Lovememories

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:01 AM

Posted Image

Gigi Lai might film "War and Beauty II"

#12 swtvtgrl

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:30 AM

^ Hmm...I doubt Gigi Lai will film this series. If she was Kenix, for example, who took an indefinite break from filming, then it is likely for her to come back to film again. However, Gigi made an announcement when she left showbiz. It was quite a big deal...And I don't see the need for her to make a comeback again since she's a busy mom/wife now.

#13 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:12 AM

Producers of sequel to "War and Beauty" was said to have approached the Hong Kong actress

Posted Image

Hong Kong broadcast station TVB would soon begin work on the sequel of blockbuster drama War and Beauty.

Chik Kee Yee, the producer of the series, had hoped that actress Ada Choi would join the cast. However, Ada was said to have made harsh demands, as she had recently given birth to a daughter and would like to place her family as her topmost priority.

Both parties are now locked in a stalemate.

Moses Chan, Charmaine Sheh, Sheren Tang and Maggie Cheung are expected to reprise their roles in War and Beauty 2. Best Actors Wayne Lai and Kevin Cheng would also be added to the cast.

However, Gigi Lai and Bowie Lam would not be returning for the sequel.

With the lack of female actresses in TVB, Charmaine and Ada, who had always pulled in high ratings, are now the more popular choices.

Charmaine and Sheren, who had ventured overseas, had doubled their fees, and although Maggie is not as popular, her asking fee had also increased.

An insider said that Ada is making use of this chance to ask for a hefty payment. She wanted to be paid HK$10,000 and HK$60,000 (S$1,000 to $9,000) more than Sheren per episode. Furthermore, the actress also had a list of terms which she wanted TVB to adhere to.

"It's already too much for Ada to ask for such a high price. Her most outrageous request is to work for only eight hours, all so because she wants to take care of her daughter," an insider said.

Currently, characters which are yet to be confirmed for War and Beauty 2 included Ada's and a few minor supporting roles.

Other actresses such as Tavia Yeung and Myolie Wu had stepped out to win a part in the drama.

Myolie, who had blocked out her schedule for the next two months, looked like a strong contender; while Tavia, who previously starred opposite Charmaine, in the period drama Beyond The realm Of Conscience was said to have a strong chance of getting a role.

Source

#14 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:19 AM

"War and Beauty & "Rosy Business" which are produced by two golden TVB producers are two highly rated dramas. With the popularity of hit series, it directly causes the boosting of TVB Fa Dans' reputations as well as becoming the high income earning spots. TVB producers, Chik Kei Yi & Lee Tim Sing are busy working in the production of their respective sequels. With this, many TVB artistes are battling with each other, hoping to have the chance to participate in these upcoming grand productions.

Although the producers demanded the need of Sheren Tang to participate in the productions, Sheren is busy filming mainland productions to earn more money. Sheren's character, Yu Fei in "War and Beauty" was well-received by the public, but her character was still failed to win Best Actress Award last time in 2004. This caused her in a melancholy situation. Thus, she did not give any response towards the sequel production of "War and Beauty". On the other hand, she decided to plan her schedule in time to film another sequel of "Rosy Business" since she had won Best Actress Award for last two consecutive years.

The recent repeated airing of "War and Beauty" on TVB Channel received splendid results as it achieved an average rating of 7 (Four hundred and forty thousand viewers). TVB decided to produce a sequel and producer Chik Kei Yi requested the original cast to film for the sequel. Nevertheless, it is very hard for Gigi Lai to return and film the sequel as she is already a mother of two children. Plus, Bowie Lam had already ended his contract with TVB. Therefore, the confirmed cast will be Charmaine Sheh, Moses Chan, Maggie Cheung. Even if there are new additional casts in the sequel such as Ada Choi, Tavia Yeung, Kate Tsui, etc. the most notably will be to have Sheren Tang to film for the sequel.

Despite the popular character, Yu Fei filmed by Sheren Tang was well received by the viewers, it is hard for Sheren Tang to have the time to film the sequel. Eventhough it is important to have Yu Fei back to lead the sequel, but the golden script writer who will return back to TVB in October, Cheung Wah Biu and the golden producer, Lee Tim Sing had already discussed about the sequel of "Rosy Business". Although the sequel of "Rosy Business" only started its production in April next year, it seems likely that it has clashes with the production of "War and Beauty" sequel (which is produced in early February next year). If Sheren Tang really accepts both of the productions, the chances are slim.

So, most likely Sheren Tang will not film this series...

Edited by jerebtvb, 01 September 2011 - 05:32 AM.

#15 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

Looks like Ada Choi is hard to film the sequel as she is busy taking care of her daughter...But hope she can film the sequel. I don't know whether Kevin, Wayne & Maggie Siu will film this series...

Going to Film

Not Going to Film

Newly Added

Source

Edited by jerebtvb, 02 September 2011 - 11:43 AM.

#16 cassapella

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

I think Maggie Cheung is still in the running for this. She has never declined it.
Highly doubt Wayne Lai will participate in addition to the fact that he'd be doing Rosy Business/No Regrets 3 at the same time.

#17 ~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:22 AM

They need to pick some strong young generation actors to balance this out I'ld say. Nancy Wu will be really good in a series like this.

#18 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:58 AM

Spoiler

Posted Image

Sheren Tang revealed that if there are no unexpected clashes, she may film "War and Beauty 2", reprise her role as "Yu Fei". "War and Beauty 2" is under writing stage. "I had a brief talk with Producer Chik, and he would like to know about my schedule. During a dinner event, I had asked Ada Choi. And she wanted to film. I hope I can have the chance to film with her. When Producer Chik meet me, he never said about wanting me to film for another role. "War" advised everyone not to battle, it is not the battle of beauty but a battle of power."

#19 SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

why bowie not filiming this??

#20 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

Most probably Sheren Tang will film "War and Beauty 2" since "Rosy Business 3" has been cancelled.

#21 Fairytale_ Angel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

View PostSUSIE-DANG-1988, on 06 September 2011 - 12:14 AM, said:

why bowie not filiming this??

if they are going to continue after what happen in the first part. I doubt he will be back cause in the first part he and gigi died in the fire when the palace was invaded

#22 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:27 AM

The confirmed cast will be Moses Chan, Charmaine Sheh, Sheren Tang and Ada Choi. TVB tries to invite Bowie Lam to film "War and Beauty 2".

#23 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

News Update
Spoiler

Copy editor "Chow Yuk Ming" : I'm preparing for the upcoming storyline for "War and Beauty 2"

Sales Presentation pictures
Posted Image

#24 Lovememories

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

Ada Choi

Posted Image

on.cc

#25 bobby92003

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

Credit to Tungstar, weibo

Costume fitting of Moses, Ada, Sheren for Sale Clip of War and Beauty 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://ww4.sinaimg.c...dlzciv5tlnj.jpg

http://ww2.sinaimg.c...dlzcjhrs2sj.jpg

http://ww1.sinaimg.c...dlzc5bkiizj.jpg

http://ww3.sinaimg.c...dlzc8wlvvyj.jpg

http://img.ihktv.com...0/1345205pY.jpg

http://img.ihktv.com...0/141654CuT.jpg

http://img.ihktv.com...0/141205esO.jpg

http://img.ihktv.com...0/141209lzx.jpg

Edited by ~*~Marz~*~, 11 October 2011 - 05:06 AM.
Only 3 big picz are allowed per post. Leave the rest in links. Thankz.

#26 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:38 AM

Source from kuangai tvb

Posted Image
http://ww4.sinaimg.c...dlzr9jhl8vj.jpg
http://ww3.sinaimg.c...dlzc8wlvvyj.jpg
http://ww3.sinaimg.c...dlz9sii37gj.jpg

Astrid Chan
http://ww3.sinaimg.c...dlzia69grpj.jpg

Moses & Simon
http://ww2.sinaimg.c...dlzhxo8rxbj.jpg

Katy, Elaine & Christine Kuo
http://ww2.sinaimg.c...dlzgwo0if3j.jpg

#27 MokaGirl

::: the one and only :::

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:15 AM

awwww Ada and Sheren are so beautiful in Ancient outfit ! I loved WAB 1, whatever the changes I'll be cheering for the new version too !! :thumbsup

#28 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,888 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:08 AM

Ada Choi to bring her daughter with her to filming of War and Beauty 2
Monday October 10, 2011 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
Translated by aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image

Yesterday Sheren Tang, Moses Chan and Ada Choi were shooting the War and Beauty 2 (WAE2) Sales Presentation clip. Ultimately, the original cast Bowie Lam, Charmaine Sheh and Gigi Lai weren't able to participate. Ada Choi is newly added to the cast.

Yesterday Ada was dressed like a palace maid, she laughed and said she's starting from the bottom and work her way up. If she were to be the Empress from the start, then it would be meaningless. Asked if she's the confirmed cast for WAE2? She expressed she's already participating in the Sales Presentation, so of course she hopes to be part of the actual series, but the details have not been discussed yet. She only knows she'll be having a lot of scenes opposite of Sheren Tang. Since it is very likely WAE2 will be shooting in Beijing, will Ada be able to look after her daughter? Ada said: "Bring her along! My daughter isn't in school yet! But yesterday when I came to shoot the sales presentation, my daughter was crying for 2 hours. My husband sent me a picture of her, but I am happy too because this proves my daughter needs me! I cannot not work, I still need the experience in these type of situations! (Have you been poached?) I already had a contract before I had my daughter, I will not ask TVB for more work because of the poaching!" Ada reveals she still signed a contract for 3 series before she had her daughter, since WAE2 is 40 episodes, it is like she already 2 series.

Back then, Sheren was the big villain in WAE and had caught the audience attention. She does not know if she will continue as Yu Fei, but she hopes to participate in the sequel. Asked if its because Rosy Business 3 (RB3) was aborted that she agreed to shoot WAE2? Sheren expressed Producer Lee Tim Shing for RB3 hasn't contacted her, the writer Cheung Wah Bui hasn't returned. She just knows producer Jonathan Chik invited her to WAE2.

Moses Chan was unsure if he's going to be continuing his role from the last series, but he still hopes for the chance to bring the original cast back. Asked if he feels pressured to be in a grand production? He expressed the more artists participating in the series, audience will enjoy it more. When speaking of new series Forensic Heroes III, his girlfriend Aimee Chan will have a bra-revealing scene? Moses said he knew beforehand, Aimee is an artist, so he shouldn't oppose of her performances, but he will personally skip over that scene and not watch it.

#29 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,888 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:36 AM

Filming of "War and Beauty II" Sales Presentation @ "Scoop" Clip:

Watch here:

hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com/2011/10/filming-of-war-and-beauty-ii-sales.html

Edited by foreverleila, 12 October 2011 - 02:37 AM.

#30 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:07 AM

Filming pictures

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by jerebtvb, 12 October 2011 - 07:07 AM.

#31 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

TVB Sales Presentation Trailer

Credit to tungstar

Posted Image

War and Beauty 2
Posted Image
Main Cast:
Sheren Tang, Ada Choi, Moses Chan, Astrid Chan, Tracy Ip, Elaine Yiu, Katy Kung, Christine Kuo & Rachel Kan

#32 luutrananhtu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Charmaine Sheh will not be in this drama?

#33 Fairytale_ Angel

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:06 AM

View PostAnhTu Luu, on 01 November 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Charmaine Sheh will not be in this drama?

This is just a sales presentation. usually most cast that appear in the sale presentation doesn't even appear in the original series about and sometimes they do the sales presentation but doesnt' even film the drama. its jus basically getting viewers hype up. maybe charmaine will be coming back to film it since she's now on per series contract with tvb but do remember sales presentation isnt always accurate even the storyline itself change depending on the director and writers

#34 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

Clearer version of the screen caps

Credit to kuangai tvb & tungstar

Posted Image

#35 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,888 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

Groundbreaking “War and Beauty 2″ to Focus on Sheren Tang and Ada Choi’s Lesbian Love Relationship?
Thursday November 3, 2011 Hong Kong
Credits: to Jayne @ http://www.jaynestars.com/

Posted Image

At the 2012 TVB Sales Presentation introducing upcoming series for the next year, a promotional clip of War and Beauty 2 <金枝慾孽 2> was presented to advertisers. The original War and Beauty gave rise to the recent popular trend of series featuring scheming palace ladies. The filming of the sequel has been confirmed to take place next year. The chances of War and Beauty 2 featuring its original cast were slim since Gigi Lai retired from the entertainment industry, Bowie Lam (林保怡) and Charmaine Sheh (佘诗曼) left TVB, and Maggie Cheung (張可頤) will be featured in several heavyweight dramas next year. In the Sales Presentation clip, only Sheren Tang (鄧萃雯), Ada Choi (蔡少芬), Astrid Chan ( 陳芷菁), and Moses Chan (陈豪) were the four main characters featured.

While the plot of War and Beauty 2 has been kept a secret, it was observed that the series will be a marked departure from the concubine rivalry featured in Beyond the Realm of a Conscience <宮心計> and Curse of the Royal Harem <萬凰之王>. Producer Jonathan Chik (戚其義) assembled his “golden team” with bold and unconventional results. Moses Chan was expected to replace Bowie Lam’s position as the imperial physician.

Posted Image Posted Image

Prior to the unveiling of the War and Beauty 2 promotional clip, Moses and Empress, Astrid Chan’s introductory speech gave clues to the series’ plot. Moses said, “Regardless of the willow trees being so green above the palace’s walls, only to be bound by destined love; life and death gather as a scene in a dream…. The palace gives rise to a story to cure the boredom in the world.” Astrid Chan continued, “In the imperial palace, how is it possible to have so many concubine rivalries? For people with expectations of affectionate love and care, these feelings never originated from our masters.” The introductory dialogue reflected the same cautionary tone as found in the prologue of Dream of the Red Mansions < 紅樓夢>.

In the ensuing scenes of the promotional clip, the palace ladies’ lonely and cold hearts were observed, along with the imperial physician’s wishful desire. The torturous love had nowhere to be gathered. The most daring concept was featured in the last scene, in which “Lady Yu Fei” Sheren Tang and her personal maid of Ada Choi, wore their undergarments and laid upon the same bed. As they stared into each other’s eyes, they revealed a complex web of emotions. Finally, Sheren and Ada kissed deeply, which stirred a vocal reaction from the audience.

In recent years, film and television productions featuring same-sex love were few in number. Although War and Beauty 2 has not started official filming yet, the scenes featuring Sheren Tang and Ada Choi’s intimate love was too shocking!

Excerpt from Nanfang Daily

#36 silveria

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

It seems like this story will be may be a prequel to WAB. They called Sheren's character Yu Gui Yan here, and her status will be lower than that of in WAB. But of course, it may be a whole new storyline.

#37 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,888 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:44 AM

TVB 2012 Sales Presentation:

Watch here:

hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com/2011/12/war-and-beauty-ii-tvb-2012-sales.html

#38 Guest_Mikuo_*

• Guests

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:42 AM

#39 woodi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

if the producer doesnt have a good story, I'd rather tvb doesnt produce this.

#40 foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,888 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:32 AM

News Update:

Christine Ng will film "War and Beauty II".

Credits: to hyne5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users