Asians and big bulky calves

49 replies to this topic

#1 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

I know I have made a post about this a while ago but it has been something mind-boggling so I decided to make another post about it.

I have been hitting the gym lately and from what I have noticed, most of the people in the gym, who are white, have skinny, proportionate, smooth, toned and leaner calves while I am the only one who has large, unproportional, bulky, and ugly calves. And then you have the black guys who have super small calves which I envy the most.

I am forced to wear my white vans era so it would create a slimming effect/illusion on my legs so I would appear more lean and taller, while everyone else is wearing athletic shoes or even high tops Nike shoes.

My workout bud is also Asian and his leg shape is similar to mine, but he is taller and his calves are more lean and smaller than mine.

Why is this so mind boggling is that I want to wear my skinny jeans without my calves bulging out. I want to be confident when I hit the gym and stop worrying about my calves. I want to appear taller and leaner because stubby calves makes me looks shorter and out of proportion.

Here are some pictures for reference
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And this is what I want...

Posted Image

I feel bad for some girls too...
Posted Image

Edited by zrules, 11 August 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#2 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

Even if you think you "look short", you're NOT stubby. Stubby is when someone's legs are REALLY FAT, and often "shorter" to go with it ... and that's more common on whites and maybe even some blacks, especially females. I've seen pics of you before and trust me, you're never going to be stubby

I also have those "bulky" calves and never think about it. Okay ... I just looked at a white guy's legs and they're quite skinny lol ... but I don't think they're like that on all of them.
I don't think anyone's legs are any more "bulky", unless he really works out his legs or unless they're quite skinny, especially females ... then they may actually have smaller calves.

#3 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

Goldencarp, on 06 August 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

Even if you think you "look short", you're NOT stubby. Stubby is when someone's legs are REALLY FAT, and often "shorter" to go with it ... and that's more common on whites and maybe even some blacks, especially females. I've seen pics of you before and trust me, you're never going to be stubby

I also have those "bulky" calves and never think about it. Okay ... I just looked at a white guy's legs and they're quite skinny lol ... but I don't think they're like that on all of them.
I don't think anyone's legs are any more "bulky", unless he really works out his legs or unless they're quite skinny, especially females ... then they may actually have smaller calves.

Thanks for your reply, I guess stubby is not a word to describe me but I am very self-conscious about my calves. I think I am going to do a lot of cardio from now on. My calves are not acceptable. I eat much less and healthier nowadays.

Sexy calves and abs :drool
Posted Image

Edited by zrules, 06 August 2011 - 11:30 PM.

#4 Blazing_royale

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

they don't even look that big. looks skinny

#5 花媽

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:47 PM

so sad, i'm a girl and i have bulky calves T_T don't know how toslim them down though.
genetics probably

#6 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

花媽, on 06 August 2011 - 11:47 PM, said:

so sad, i'm a girl and i have bulky calves T_T don't know how toslim them down though.
genetics probably

You can jog/treadmill everyday for 30 - 45 minutes and eat healthier.

Blazing_royale, on 06 August 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

they don't even look that big. looks skinny

Look at Choi SiWon's calves in the picture I posted above, mine calves are huge compared to his sexy calves.

#7 behappyman 2.0

Asian Fanatic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

From what I've seen, your calves really aren't that big, but they're ok and in good shape. I've got bigger, more muscular calves than that, because I did a lot of sports and worked out on them a lot. I'd say mine are big and muscular by normal standards. If they weren't, I wouldn't have been fairly good at rubgy, and great at athletics and running in my earlier years.

It depends on what you need them for. If you're going to be a builder, factory worker that involves heavy lifting, athlete, runner, or something that involves manual work, big, bulky calves are great. But yours are toned, and not bulky.

#8 Midnight.Fantasy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

I think your calves are fine. At least you have calves. Some guys' legs look like sticks and I find that such a turn off...
I admit that skinny jeans may look a bit weird if you have skinnier thighs than calves but if you have substantial thighs that make the leg look proportional then you can still wear skinny jeans.
I suggest you build your quads at the gym!
Btw...you really shouldn't make it sound like most Asian's have big calves hahaha.

#9 i.am.me

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

Your calves look fine to me. I've seen girls with legs like yours...and imagine what they are thinking about themselves haha

I don't know where you're from...but where I'm from, anything is better than cankles.

Edited by iampheng, 11 August 2011 - 05:35 PM.

#10 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

Nothing wrong with " strong " looking calves with some tone even on a girl :)

#11 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

Midnight.Fantasy, on 11 August 2011 - 12:55 PM, said:

I think your calves are fine. At least you have calves. Some guys' legs look like sticks and I find that such a turn off...
I admit that skinny jeans may look a bit weird if you have skinnier thighs than calves but if you have substantial thighs that make the leg look proportional then you can still wear skinny jeans.
I suggest you build your quads at the gym!
Btw...you really shouldn't make it sound like most Asian's have big calves hahaha.

I have legs similar to Choi SiWon that I posted above, but I think my legs are less toned and a bit thicker than his. And yes, I have been going to the gym.
I want proportional and toned legs because I want to look good in skinny jeans.
I will post up pictures of me wearing skinny jeans when my camera is fully charged

iampheng, on 11 August 2011 - 05:34 PM, said:

Your calves look fine to me. I've seen girls with legs like yours...and imagine what they are thinking about themselves haha

I don't know where you're from...but where I'm from, anything is better than cankles.

I have seen girls with similar situation as me but stereotypes have suggested that Asian girls have bigger calves than Asian guys. I am Chinese and I think I have the Asian gene for large, protruding calves

mjdibatt, on 11 August 2011 - 05:39 PM, said:

Nothing wrong with " strong " looking calves with some tone even on a girl :)

I mean it is a turn off for me to see a nice pretty girl like that but there is something that can be done to reduce/tone the size of the calves, which I am doing right now.

zrules, on 06 August 2011 - 08:41 PM, said:

I know I have made a post about this a while ago but it has been something mind-boggling so I decided to make another post about it.

I have been hitting the gym lately and from what I have noticed, most of the people in the gym, who are white, have skinny, proportionate, smooth, toned and leaner calves while I am the only one who has large, unproportional, bulky, and ugly calves. And then you have the black guys who have super small calves which I envy the most.

I am forced to wear my white vans era so it would create a slimming effect/illusion on my legs so I would appear more lean and taller, while everyone else is wearing athletic shoes or even high tops Nike shoes.

My workout bud is also Asian and his leg shape is similar to mine, but he is taller and his calves are more lean and smaller than mine.

Why is this so mind boggling is that I want to wear my skinny jeans without my calves bulging out. I want to be confident when I hit the gym and stop worrying about my calves. I want to appear taller and leaner because stubby calves makes me looks shorter and out of proportion.

Here are some pictures for reference
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is what I want

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by zrules, 11 August 2011 - 06:48 PM.

#12 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

And this is what I want...

Posted Image

that pic is so gay ...

Posted Image

lol where did you find that??? who made that pic??

zrules, on 11 August 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

I have seen girls with similar situation as me but stereotypes have suggested that Asian girls have bigger calves than Asian guys. I am Chinese and I think I have the Asian gene for large, protruding calves

never heard of it nor noticed ... I don't think so

#13 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:48 AM

Goldencarp, on 11 August 2011 - 11:41 PM, said:

that pic is so gay ...

lol where did you find that??? who made that pic??

never heard of it nor noticed ... I don't think so

The pic is apparently a marketing strategy towards fangirls. I am only using the picture as a reference to the size of my calves, never asked you the sexual orientation of it.

I found that picture on http://www.facebook....es/333991555760

Well it is either time to do more research or to be more open-minded.

Edited by zrules, 12 August 2011 - 12:48 AM.

#14 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:02 AM

dude, chill. Your calves are not that big ... I've seen people with bigger calves, and I don't mean Asian girls

#15 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

mjdibatt, on 12 August 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

Man I am glad someone said that pic was gay. Because it is gay :)

Why would you bother to worry about it? It is for the fangirls apparently. Stating the obvious is overrated nowadays.

Edited by zrules, 12 August 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#16 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

I am not worried about it at all I thought it was pretty funny. Good luck in your quest for the perfect calves !

meh

#17 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

No, I'm not mad.

he (zrules) apparently wants to look as "sexy" as that guy in the pic lol

#18 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

mjdibatt, on 12 August 2011 - 10:08 PM, said:

I am not worried about it at all I thought it was pretty funny. Good luck in your quest for the perfect calves !
meh

Yes, I strive for perfection. Super Junior - Perfection.

#19 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:09 PM

Here are some pics of me wearing skinny jeans

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 bpetroleum

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:39 AM

I came across this thread by searching huge calves forum in google, lol.

Your calves aren't big at all. Here's mine for comparison:

Posted Image

If you think your legs look too chunky in skinny jeans, go up a size.

#21 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

That's why he thinks his legs are bulky, because he wants to wear skinny jeans. But by logic, it's not that he has big legs, it's just worrying he can't fit the pants

#22 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:20 AM

Goldencarp, on 20 August 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

That's why he thinks his legs are bulky, because he wants to wear skinny jeans. But by logic, it's not that he has big legs, it's just worrying he can't fit the pants

you are right on the money. I am super self-concious cuz I have a big head, big face and big legs. My life is miserable enough.

#23 kasuso

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:52 AM

mnnnn, those are puunie small caffs... mines are like twice your size and its all muscular (probably cuz i bike like 30-40 km a day to work)... but your fine man....why wear skinny jeans anyways? they were originally for woman....

#24 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:43 AM

allanandtherain, on 21 August 2011 - 06:52 AM, said:

mnnnn, those are puunie small caffs... mines are like twice your size and its all muscular (probably cuz i bike like 30-40 km a day to work)... but your fine man....why wear skinny jeans anyways? they were originally for woman....

It is an Asian fashion statement. I just wanted my legs/calves to be proportional to the rest of my body.

if it's not one thing it's another, I am currently insecure about how freaken big/ugly my head/face after getting a haircut. I am starting to wonder that I can't rock any hairstyle without intricate styling...

#25 bpetroleum

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

Lol damn how do I remove my pic?

Don't worry bro you look like a handsome young guy.
No girl will discount you because of your calves. I assure you.

#26 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

bpetroleum, on 21 August 2011 - 08:53 AM, said:

Lol damn how do I remove my pic?

Don't worry bro you look like a handsome young guy.
No girl will discount you because of your calves. I assure you.

You press edit and delete the link that you entered. You legs look fine to me, as long as they are proportional to your body. Don't be fooled by my pictures, those are selcas, I chose the perfect lighting and I even put on some makeup to look good. If someone took a picture of me without noticing, I would look really bad. Well compared to my friends and other Asian guys that I have seen, either in school, at public places or in kpop entertainment, I am not that handsome due to my big face/head and eccentric facial features, but thanks for your compliments though.

Edited by zrules, 21 August 2011 - 09:03 AM.

#27 absurdworld

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

Big calves = Big muscles, people work them out loads to make them big n look good on the beach. I dont see what your complaining about

#28 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

Dengy, on 21 August 2011 - 02:34 PM, said:

Big calves = Big muscles, people work them out loads to make them big n look good on the beach. I dont see what your complaining about

They aren't that tight...

#29 woodi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Your calves are not too bulky.

On the contrary, many gymmers are guilty of having Ostrich legs, i.e. bulky body and skinny legs.

#30 bubblepop93

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

I think its k for guys to have big calves...makes them look more manly ;D

#31 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:15 PM

bubblepop93, on 23 August 2011 - 10:32 PM, said:

I think its k for guys to have big calves...makes them look more manly ;D

Hyunah has beautiful legs...

Edited by zrules, 23 August 2011 - 11:15 PM.

#32 AsianShadow

Shadow Warrior

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:14 AM

Honestly dude, I think you're worrying way too much. having curvy calves makes your body look more toned and muscled compared to lean straight ones. They don't make you look short, they just make you look more athletic. If you still feel they stand out too much though, the I would suggest toning the rest of your body (if you haven't all ready, so that it keeps things proportionate and instead of muscled calved and little else, you have a smooth line of muscle all the way up.

#33 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:29 AM

AsianShadow, on 31 August 2011 - 01:14 AM, said:

Honestly dude, I think you're worrying way too much. having curvy calves makes your body look more toned and muscled compared to lean straight ones. They don't make you look short, they just make you look more athletic. If you still feel they stand out too much though, the I would suggest toning the rest of your body (if you haven't all ready, so that it keeps things proportionate and instead of muscled calved and little else, you have a smooth line of muscle all the way up.

Yeah thanks for your suggestion, I am currently starting to work out at school, hopefully it "works out" lol.

#34 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:17 AM

woodi, on 21 August 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

Your calves are not too bulky.

On the contrary, many gymmers are guilty of having Ostrich legs, i.e. bulky body and skinny legs.

That is what I envy, I don't want super big bulky body and scrawny legs, I just want them to be proportional, preferably slightly bigger upper body.

#35 holyblaster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

Like everyone has pointed out, your calves look fine.

Don't worry, be happy and enjoy life.

#36 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

holyblaster, on 08 September 2011 - 01:38 PM, said:

Like everyone has pointed out, your calves look fine.

Don't worry, be happy and enjoy life.

I wish I can do that, along with finding a pretty Asian girl which I see all around the campus who are all apparently taken, dammit....

#37 Successful

Eat to Live or Live to Eat? o.O

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:46 AM

Your legs/calves are fine. If you want to look better, work on your upperbody; you're too skinny.
Also, the fact that you're wearing skinny jeans is saying something about your legs.

Finally, keep in mind those posters are all photoshopped and whatnot.

PS: I think you have a problem if you're having self-image issues over your calves. Especially if you're a guy, that's one of the perks of being one, you generally don't have to care about how you look. I'm not saying you shouldn't be well groomed and well dressed, but you sure as heck shouldn't be making a post about your calves (which are fine, I should stress this point) when you could be doing something a lot more... productive. Hope you don't find this offensive.

Edited by Successful, 10 September 2011 - 04:07 AM.

#38 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

Successful, on 10 September 2011 - 03:46 AM, said:

Your legs/calves are fine. If you want to look better, work on your upperbody; you're too skinny.
Also, the fact that you're wearing skinny jeans is saying something about your legs.

Finally, keep in mind those posters are all photoshopped and whatnot.

PS: I think you have a problem if you're having self-image issues over your calves. Especially if you're a guy, that's one of the perks of being one, you generally don't have to care about how you look. I'm not saying you shouldn't be well groomed and well dressed, but you sure as heck shouldn't be making a post about your calves (which are fine, I should stress this point) when you could be doing something a lot more... productive. Hope you don't find this offensive.

Yeah your post sounds like something that is said in a seminar about how to become successful. I totally understand. I am working out this semester and I am going to study hard.

#39 XDshirley

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

LOL, your legs are actually pretty sexy, and im a girl :)

I have a friend who had legit BIG calves so i did some researching to help her. In conclusion, people will BIG calves are those that probably goes on the treadmill, run their arse off, stop, gain breath, run arse off again. Although i strongly believe your legs are fine, you can try replace short distance running with long distance etc. Im not sure how that helps but with "google" thats what was recommended to prevent large calves.

For the 2nd set of photos for you, you can appear taller but tucking your shirt in and wearing a nice slim belt :)
Your skinny jeans could also wrap around your butt tighter and your legs as it looks slightly loose. Since your like high tops, nothing wrong with trying it out, just tuck the excess jean length into your shoes.

Overall, i think you will look great with those minor changes!!!

Edited by XDshirley, 10 September 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#40 zrules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

XDshirley, on 10 September 2011 - 10:27 AM, said:

LOL, your legs are actually pretty sexy, and im a girl :)

I have a friend who had legit BIG calves so i did some researching to help her. In conclusion, people will BIG calves are those that probably goes on the treadmill, run their arse off, stop, gain breath, run arse off again. Although i strongly believe your legs are fine, you can try replace short distance running with long distance etc. Im not sure how that helps but with "google" thats what was recommended to prevent large calves.

For the 2nd set of photos for you, you can appear taller but tucking your shirt in and wearing a nice slim belt :)
Your skinny jeans could also wrap around your butt tighter and your legs as it looks slightly loose. Since your like high tops, nothing wrong with trying it out, just tuck the excess jean length into your shoes.

Overall, i think you will look great with those minor changes!!!

Sounds like you know about beauty and fashion, thanks for your reply. I think I can put off the calves insecurity for a while now. Is not like I am fishing for compliments, I really do feel that way since my mom keeps on saying my legs are so thick randomly, which makes me really self-conscious about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users