• Forum Masters
  • 9010 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:21 AM

2011 Top 5 Earning List of Taiwanese Actors
source: kwongwah.com & nanyang.com

November 4,2011

credit translation to kkla@www.nbbbs.com
also thanks to sunny@www.yanchengxu.net

The Top 5 Earning list contains names like Nicky Wu, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Peter Ho and Jerry Yan
listed out their activities and earning in 2011.

1st place: Nicky Wu (Wu Qi Long)

Posted Image

- NTD 107,156,000.00 ( NTD171.56 millions )
2 drama serial
6 commercials
45 event participation

2nd place: Jimmy Lin (Lin Zi Ying)

Posted Image

- NTD102,933,000.00 (NTD 129.33 millions)
1 drama serial
1 movie,
3 commercials,
21 event participation

3rd place: Mike He (He Jun Xiang)

Posted Image

- NTD 75,500,000.00 (NTD 75.5 millions)
2 drama serial
2 movies
5 commercials
50 event participation
1 photobook

4th place: Peter Ho (He Run Dong)

Posted Image

- NTD 74,200,000.00 (NTD 74.2 millions)
2 drama serial
4 commercials
7 event participation

5th place: Jerry Yan (Yan Cheng Xu)

Posted Image

- NTD 56,000,000.00 (NTD 56 millions)
1 drama serial
2 commercials

* currency is based on Taiwan Dollar Notes

#2 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

Not sure how accurate this list is since didn't another article said that Jay Zhou earned the most?? It is hard for me to believe that Nicky Wu and Jimmy Lin can be at the top of the list and earn even more than Jay... How is that even possible??

#3 astarman

astarman

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:36 AM

Not sure how accurate this list is since didn't another article said that Jay Zhou earned the most?? It is hard for me to believe that Nicky Wu and Jimmy Lin can be at the top of the list and earn even more than Jay... How is that even possible??

This is actor! jay isnt an actor for drmas :P

#4 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:40 AM

This is actor! jay isnt an actor for drmas :P

Oh yea, thanks for reminding me... That makes sense now... But I still don't see how Jimmy Lin can make more than Peter, Mike and Jerry...

#5 astarman

astarman

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:50 AM

Oh yea, thanks for reminding me... That makes sense now... But I still don't see how Jimmy Lin can make more than Peter, Mike and Jerry...

hmm true, just comapring the amount of movies and stuff between jimmy and mike already doesnt show these results justice :S

#6 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

hmm true, just comapring the amount of movies and stuff between jimmy and mike already doesnt show these results justice :S

Which is why I question how accurate this list is....

#7 nikitaangel

nikitaangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

For actress, the top earner is Rainie Yang, followed by Ady An, Ruby Lin, Joe Chen and Sonia Sui.

Edited by nikitaangel, 05 November 2011 - 09:23 AM.

#8 Dakara

Dakara

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

That's because his "asking price" (fee) is quite a bit higher than that of Peter, Mike and Jerry, hence he earns more from shooting than they do.

What I found more interesting is the comparision between Mike He and Peter Ho... While Mike He is third, he has to work twice as much to earn roughly the same as Peter Ho...

2 drama serial
2 movies
5 commercials
50 event participation
1 photobook

Posted Image

2 drama serial
4 commercials
7 event participation

#9 astarman

astarman

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

For actress, the top earner is Rainie Yang, followed by Ady An, Ruby Lin, Joe Chen and Sonia Sui.

wow rainie got to the list. sort of not fair when she is more of a singer ! haha

#10 nikitaangel

nikitaangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

wow rainie got to the list. sort of not fair when she is more of a singer ! haha

Quite confusing nowadays as a lot of Taiwan artistes do both singing and acting. I think just with releasing album nowadays is not enough earnings for singer a due to piracy problem. So commercials, concerts and acting projects are also needed. Commercials would be the fastest to earn money.

The most amazing would be Jerry Yan as he worked the least compared to the other 4. Just 1 drama serial and 2 commercials. He is really picky.

Edited by nikitaangel, 05 November 2011 - 10:29 AM.

#11 MorieChy

MorieChy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

compared to the other 4 jerry yan's talent fee is really big..O.o
imagine 1 serial drama and 2 commercials he'll already earn 56 million (easy money), what more if he did a lot of activities i bet he'll be swimming in money. clapclap

#12 l_coco

l_coco

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2173 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

Jimmy makes 99% of his money in China now. The appearance and commercial endorsement fees are much higher in China than in Taiwan because of the bigger market. It's quality not quantity that counts. Besides, Taiwanese idol series don't pay much. BTW, he took several months off after the death of his father in April.

Edited by l_coco, 05 November 2011 - 12:09 PM.

#13 nikitaangel

nikitaangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

Jimmy makes 99% of his money in China now. The appearance and commercial endorsement fees are much higher in China than in Taiwan because of the bigger market. It's quality not quantity that counts. Besides, Taiwanese idol series don't pay much. BTW, he took several months off after the death of his father in April.

Yes, fees are much higher in China compared to Taiwan, whether its for drama, commercials, hosting, appearances, singing gigs, etc, etc.

There is news recently that China will enforce more stricter rules on Taiwan artistes from next year onwards for hosting and also for singing gigs such as during television New Year and Chinese New Year eve programmes.

#14 jolieann

jolieann

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

What about Mingdao? His career is now practically in China, just like Nicky Wu, Jimmy Lin and Peter Ho, and I thought he was doing very well in China? Joe Chen was in the top 5 of best earning actress and she, Ady and Ruby's career are also practically almost 100% in China.

Edited by jolieann, 05 November 2011 - 02:35 PM.

#15 chuanxiong

chuanxiong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

What about Mingdao? His career is now practically in China, just like Nicky Wu, Jimmy Lin and Peter Ho, and I thought he was doing very well in China? Joe Chen was in the top 5 of best earning actress and she, Ady and Ruby's career are also practically almost 100% in China.

What about Ming Dao??? What about him?????. I hope you are not hoping or suggesting he be in that list, because that would be asinine. He has not done anything lately to be near that list.

#16 chuanxiong

chuanxiong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

Wow!!!!, Mike He made 75 million dollars. Good for him. We all know Mike is very tight fisted with his money, lol. Well , he will have plenty to take his his honey pie out to dinner. Mike's cupcake does not only love to sing, mike's honeybear loves to eat too.

#17 rxm1

rxm1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

Here's the female one!
http://tw.nextmedia....ssueID/20111104

Rainie Yang
Ady An
Ruby Lin
Qiao En Chen
Sonia Sui

Edited by rxm1, 06 November 2011 - 12:40 AM.

#18 jolieann

jolieann

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:41 AM

What about Ming Dao??? What about him?????. I hope you are not hoping or suggesting he be in that list, because that would be asinine. He has not done anything lately to be near that list.

Well, I was just surprised that he wasnt in the top 5 as based on what his manager said last year and earlier this year, he is so loaded with work in China until 2012 that he can't enlist for his compulsory military service as it would mean unable to fulfil the work that he has been scheduled for.

#19 HighTea

HighTea

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:53 PM

I guess you have to take in their asking fees as a factor too.

#20 chuanxiong

chuanxiong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

Well, I was just surprised that he wasnt in the top 5 as based on what his manager said last year and earlier this year, he is so loaded with work in China until 2012 that he can't enlist for his compulsory military service as it would mean unable to fulfil the work that he has been scheduled for.

The reason Ming Dao's manager mentioned so much "work projects" is an excuse for MD to dodge military service. He should have been one of the high earners if he had so much "work" like you said. Hey how come none of these "projects" have not been seen or heard of???>>>>>>>hmmmmmmm.

#21 HighTea

HighTea

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

OT but is Ming Dao really that popular in China anyway???

(P.S. I'm not his fan & can't understand his "Charms")

#22 Lunasol

Lunasol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

glad to see my boys Peter, Mike and Jerry on that list :thumbsup

Xiao mei has worked so hard, kudos!!

#23 nnnn

nnnn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

Jerry does a lot less and earn a lot compare to others.

#24 nikitaangel

nikitaangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

I am happy that Nicky Wu is earning lots nowadays. The China drama serial Bu Bu Jing Xing really made him very hot property nowadays. Poor fellow only managed to pay off his family debts in 2002 after working non-stop from Little Tiger days. From Taiwan he went to Hong Kong and then to China. So glad at last he is reaping the fruits of his hardwork, sweat and blood.

The reason Ming Dao's manager mentioned so much "work projects" is an excuse for MD to dodge military service. He should have been one of the high earners if he had so much "work" like you said. Hey how come none of these "projects" have not been seen or heard of???>>>>>>>hmmmmmmm.

He and those who is still dragging their military service duty should get it done once and for all. If they are popular, they dont have to worry that a short one year military service will caused them to be forgotten. Roy Qiu and Kingone Wang already did theirs and now can 100% focused on career instead of switching from school to school pretending to study.

#25 chuanxiong

chuanxiong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

I am happy that Nicky Wu is earning lots nowadays. The China drama serial Bu Bu Jing Xing really made him very hot property nowadays. Poor fellow only managed to pay off his family debts in 2002 after working non-stop from Little Tiger days. From Taiwan he went to Hong Kong and then to China. So glad at last he is reaping the fruits of his hardwork, sweat and blood.

He and those who is still dragging their military service duty should get it done once and for all. If they are popular, they dont have to worry that a short one year military service will caused them to be forgotten. Roy Qiu and Kingone Wang already did theirs and now can 100% focused on career instead of switching from school to school pretending to study.

Very well put, could not agree with you more. The funny thing is, the more they put off military duty , the decent fans become annoyed with them. Decent fans want to see these men man up and do their duty.

#26 Lunasol

Lunasol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

You're right hehe, I guess being the F4 prince did have it's reward :V

#27 luvable

luvable

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

What about Ming Dao? These actors actually has establish themselves in Mainland China.

#28 fefe 鸽子

fefe 鸽子

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

he actually did some. one drama, that photobook of his, and also produced a drama

#29 celia_zhong

celia_zhong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:43 AM

It seems Wu is now backing to the stage and get high praise. :iloveyou:

#30 chuanxiong

chuanxiong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:06 AM

he actually did some. one drama, that photobook of his, and also produced a drama

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. Great that he actually did some work. I guess he is not in the red right now like the top five Taiwanese earners are right now. I am really happy for them all. Nicky Wu has worked so hard to get where is today, I am proud of him.

#31 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:59 AM

That's because his "asking price" (fee) is quite a bit higher than that of Peter, Mike and Jerry, hence he earns more from shooting than they do.

What I found more interesting is the comparision between Mike He and Peter Ho... While Mike He is third, he has to work twice as much to earn roughly the same as Peter Ho...

2 drama serial
2 movies
5 commercials
50 event participation
1 photobook

Posted Image

2 drama serial
4 commercials
7 event participation

Thanks for the info! I am still shocked that Jimmy Lin made more than Peter and Mike though. I wonder why they still fulfilled his high asking price??? I think Peter and Mike are more talented.

I am also proud of Nicky since he has gone a long way and has worked really really hard... I am glad that he is reaping the rewards of his hard work.

#32 l_coco

l_coco

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2173 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for the info! I am still shocked that Jimmy Lin made more than Peter and Mike though. I wonder why they still fulfilled his high asking price??? I think Peter and Mike are more talented.

Well, only in the eyes of the fans. I really don't see any talents in Mike He.

Jimmy works mostly in China now and fees in china are much higher than Taiwan's. Producers and vendors are not stupid, if that's what you mean. They won't pay him if he doesn't have the market...even after he openly admitted he's married and has a 2 yr old son. Showbiz is very competitive.

Edited by l_coco, 08 November 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#33 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

Well, only in the eyes of the fans. I really don't see any talents in Mike He.

Jimmy works mostly in China now and fees in china are much higher than Taiwan's. Producers and vendors are not stupid, if that's what you mean. They won't pay him if he doesn't have the market...even after he openly admitted he's married and has a 2 yr old son. Showbiz is very competitive.

I am not the biggest fan of Mike either but I do feel that he is talented. Talent is in the eye of the beholder as well. I used to be a really really big fan of Jimmy Lin but I honestly never felt that he was that talented at all. Back then he was only popular because people thought that he was cute, handsome,etc... But in terms of talent, not really. However, it is NOT always based on pure talent. You have to have connections, timing, luck, know how to market yourself,etc... You can be really talented and have lots of potential, but if you don't have connections and everything else, you are not going anywhere...Of course showbiz is really competitive and do commend everyone like Nicky Wu who has been in the industry so long and is still successful. Nowadays, it is not always just Chinese celebs, but there are Korean, Japan and other countries to compete against as well. Also, all of the new stars that arise with each day... Competition just gets higher and higher. You are a current big fan of Jimmy so of course you would think he is talented... And no I was not saying that producers and vendors are stupid... But Jimmy Lin is over his prime...

#34 l_coco

l_coco

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2173 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

I am not the biggest fan of Mike either but I do feel that he is talented. Talent is in the eye of the beholder as well. I used to be a really really big fan of Jimmy Lin but I honestly never felt that he was that talented at all. Back then he was only popular because people thought that he was cute, handsome,etc... But in terms of talent, not really. However, it is NOT always based on pure talent. You have to have connections, timing, luck, know how to market yourself,etc... You can be really talented and have lots of potential, but if you don't have connections and everything else, you are not going anywhere...Of course showbiz is really competitive and do commend everyone like Nicky Wu who has been in the industry so long and is still successful. Nowadays, it is not always just Chinese celebs, but there are Korean, Japan and other countries to compete against as well. Also, all of the new stars that arise with each day... Competition just gets higher and higher. You are a current big fan of Jimmy so of course you would think he is talented... And no I was not saying that producers and vendors are stupid... But Jimmy Lin is over his prime...

Someone in the business for 19 yrs and still successful is due purely to luck. I see. In that case, good luck to all the newcomers. Of course connections are most important in showbiz but I really don't see how connected he is. He's an independent, not signed with any big talents agency.

In terms of talents I don't expect Jimmy to get any Best Actor's award. He spent years pursuing his dream of becoming a prof car racer. He plays a racing coach in the movie Speed Angel that will premiere next month, putting his talent to work. Of course you don't think racing is a talent. Anyone can race cars at over 300kph.

He's in deed over his prime at 37, and he doesn't have to pose half-naked in front of the camera. He rather spends time with his wife and son and acting in his spare time.

#35 lianaly

lianaly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

ha? and how about wu chun? why he is not include this category??

i think wu chun most popular than jerry yan, he starred sunshine angel, and my kingdom.... why?????

#36 jolieann

jolieann

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

ha? and how about wu chun? why he is not include this category??

i think wu chun most popular than jerry yan, he starred sunshine angel, and my kingdom.... why?????

My Kingdom was a huge flop inspite of all the buzz about getting 2 popular idols (Han Geng and Wu Chun) to star in it.

Do you think Han Geng and Wu Chun are paid millions for a movie? Only actors such as Tony Leung, Andy Lau, Jet Li, Donnie Yen and Jackie Chan are paid in the millions.

Edited by jolieann, 10 November 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#37 bethanycrt

bethanycrt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

if jerry did 1 more drama serial, a couple of commercials and just 1 event participation he would have been the top earner...but that`s not jerry. as one member mentioned, he is very picky but think he really is the highest paid considering he`s the least active among them yet he earned that much.

#38 Do Tin Zhu

Do Tin Zhu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

if jerry did 1 more drama serial, a couple of commercials and just 1 event participation he would have been the top earner...but that`s not jerry. as one member mentioned, he is very picky but think he really is the highest paid considering he`s the least active among them yet he earned that much.

You're right hehe, I guess being the F4 prince did have it's reward Posted Image

compared to the other 4 jerry yan's talent fee is really big..O.o
imagine 1 serial drama and 2 commercials he'll already earn 56 million (easy money), what more if he did a lot of activities i bet he'll be swimming in money. Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImageThat's correct...and remember Jerry need to rest for a bit due to his health issues...He was greatly hurt , his finger, and his stomach pain,.and I'm still very happy that my Jerry Yan is still in the list,...wow, how much more if he did more drama, commercials and participated in lots of event,.Jerry indeed is a king among the rest. Even though Taiwan has lots of newcomer idols now a days, from F4 , JERRY IS STILL active compared from the other 3,from the rest..Jia You Jerry!!!!..We Love You..!!!and WE'l support you all the way..Love Jerry Forever!!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Do Tin Zhu, 02 August 2012 - 01:55 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jerry yan, nicky wu, jimmy lin, peter ho, mike he, taiwan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users