- - - - -

Who dislikes Steven Ma?

5 replies to this topic

#1 ❥AngelicDestiny

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Forum Seniors
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Let me start of by saying that I found Steven to be a really good actor when he first started back in the 90s/early 2000's but as of late I really don't find him to be all that great. My problem with him is how he talks/enunciates. He always talks with his mouth clenched and it's really annoying, imo, because it's not clear and it makes his facial expressions really weird. Anybody else notice that? And as of late, his acting seems to be the same throughout each series.

Do you agree or disagree?!

#2 ~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,307 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

I don't have problem with his talk or with him in overall. However, it's quite true that his acting seems to be the same in all recent series. Even to some different roles like A watchdog story, he still seems to be Steven Ma with the same formula of acting.

#3 Moonshade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:30 PM

View Postangelicdestiny, on 12 November 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

Let me start of by saying that I found Steven to be a really good actor when he first started back in the 90s/early 2000's but as of late I really don't find him to be all that great. My problem with him is how he talks/enunciates. He always talks with his mouth clenched and it's really annoying, imo, because it's not clear and it makes his facial expressions really weird. Anybody else notice that? And as of late, his acting seems to be the same throughout each series.

Do you agree or disagree?!

View PostKilluka, on 13 November 2011 - 12:33 PM, said:

I don't have problem with his talk or with him in overall. However, it's quite true that his acting seems to be the same in all recent series. Even to some different roles like A watchdog story, he still seems to be Steven Ma with the same formula of acting.

YES! Thank God I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Not that I hate him, it's just that I don't think he's all that great an actor (he's decent though). Especially in a crying scene in 'Ghost Writer' I found his expression/frowning rather terrible and unnatural, like he's not even trying.

#4 Jeongmalro

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

I do not have a problem with Steven.

This symptom just reminds me of Dicky Cheung.
Dicky is an excellent actor as well as entertaining.

However, it becomes a problem when the Dicky Cheung persona is so strong....
its alway the character turning into Dicky Cheung instead
of Dicky Cheung the actor creating a new character in the series.

#5 sushiroll

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

After years of hearing and reading stuff about him, here's what i gather of him:

* He'd really strict. like if your 30 seconds late to filming, he'll scold at you.

* If you NG, he'll scold at you.

* If you pronounce it wrong, he'll scold you.

* If your acting just sucks, he'll scold you.

* If you don't "respect" the seniors, i.e. him, he'll scold you.

* if you come back 2 minutes late from your lunch break, he'll scold you.

* If you have bad breath and you have to kiss him, he'll scold you.

* If you have too many rumours and it's affecting his "feng shui", he'll scold you.

* If you scold his pet directors or mentors, he'll scold you.

* If you say sh*t about his acting or sayXYZ is better than him, he'll scold you.

* If you say his cooking is sh*t, he'll scold you.

* If your makeup is getting iffy, he'll scold you.

* If you didn't take a shower cause you worked 23 hours and filming is 6am, he'll scold you.

* If you talk in a mixture of cantonese and english, he'll scold you.

* If you have a "western" personality, he'll scold you.

* If you begin relations with your other co stars, he'll scold you.

* If you take pictures on your iphone between breaks, he'll scold you.

* If you picked your nose, he'll scold you.

*If you farted, he'll scold you.

And he's a whinger. Like he's been getting male lead roles since early 2000's. And now's he's like "oh TVB didn't give me enough opportunities. Oh they are putting me in sh*tty time slots. Or 620 isn't promoting me enough. Or TVB sin't paying me enough. Or i have this big a$$ cooking show and TVB dumps me in the weekend slot. **** you. Or TVB isn't letting me dig for chicks in mainland china. **** you. Or TVB is making me work 23 hours a day, no time to even go to the toilet". How many kelerfare actors would die to get lead roles? Who cares if it's sh*t time slots, as long as you aren't the garbage man or psychopath rapist.

No wonder Sonija Kwok ditched him for what's his name. Too much drama. **** off and go to City Telecom.

#6 Edceeezyy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

^ I don't know where you get that info but I think Steven is one of the better talented actors out there and him and Sonija was personal they only dated briefly but got into a dispute, he's a pretty humble guy....I don't see why you're all angered up for.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users