AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Red Lipstick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 waanjai

waanjai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

I'm looking for a nice red lipstick for Asian skin tones, anyone have any recommendations or have a favorite red lipstick? :)

#2 xiao-tou

xiao-tou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

I find that there are different shades of skin tones for asian. Some bears darker than other. I think red is generally well liked and most suited to asian. I tend to wear darker shade of red rather than the pale one.

#3 Asiaa

Asiaa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

It varies for Asian with different skin tones, i was searching red lipsticks for Asians a few days ago, you can do that to lol. and it says that if your complexion is in the warmer/golden/medium tone go for lipstick based on warmer-reds, stick to brown base, like brick red/rusty red (warm base red lipstick)
Also i think berry red shades are nice too, which I'm using. And if your skin is light/fair tone choose cooler reds, with blue or pinkish red shades (cooler base red lipstick)

In 2007 there was a leading controversy about the amount of lead in red lipsticks. When buying red lipstick, I am picky, I try to look for brands that are 'lead-free'. it's safer.
Revlon, Clinique, Dior, Estee Lauder and MAC are lead-free.

: ) hope that helps.

Edited by Asiaa, 16 February 2012 - 06:29 AM.

#4 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13471 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

well you can't just judge on skin tone, you also have to judge by the size of your lips too...
but if i had to pick, i rather go with a nice pale coral color lipstick or a deep rose colored...then again, i have full lips, so the deep rose color will look shitty on me...since i want to always shrink my lip size...not enhance it... LOL

good luck

#5 woyong

woyong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

I like the pink, if you are white, you can use the bright red.

#6 Caramelapples

Caramelapples

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

M.A.C.'s Ruby Woo is my absolute favourite! <3

#7 Guest_LovelyLie_*

Guest_LovelyLie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

I am European white and I cannot use red lipstick at all. I look freaking clown... If I rarely use make up, best color for me is white, silver, pastels and black of course. Sometimes I just throw some shiny glitter all over my face and thats it Posted Image .

#8 Caramelapples

Caramelapples

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

I am European white and I cannot use red lipstick at all. I look freaking clown... If I rarely use make up, best color for me is white, silver, pastels and black of course. Sometimes I just throw some shiny glitter all over my face and thats it Posted Image .

I don't think so! If you're pale/white, you can carry off red much better than Asians with yellowish tints in their skin. In Old Hollywood, and the 30s and 40s where almost everybody wore red lipstick, fair skin was sought after by movie stars because paired with red lipstick, they looked beautiful! The trick, of course, is to keep eye make-up to a bare minimum if you're wearing red lipstick and less blush since you're focusing on your lips. ;)

#9 Guest_LovelyLie_*

Guest_LovelyLie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

I don't think so! If you're pale/white, you can carry off red much better than Asians with yellowish tints in their skin. In Old Hollywood, and the 30s and 40s where almost everybody wore red lipstick, fair skin was sought after by movie stars because paired with red lipstick, they looked beautiful! The trick, of course, is to keep eye make-up to a bare minimum if you're wearing red lipstick and less blush since you're focusing on your lips. Posted Image

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder Posted Image . I do not like white skin - red lips, mouth itself looks ugly when it is simple too red. And It makes my teeth look red and so on.. I just do not like it. It is same than a red t-shirt, my skin looks red Posted Image .

#10 waanjai

waanjai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

^ Awww I would think red lipstick would look lovely on you if you have pale/white skin :]

I have a medium skintone and I tried a couple reds but it comes off looking fuschia? lol I guess I am looking for a red that will actually look like a true red for me lol

But thanks for all the input :)

M.A.C.'s Ruby Woo is my absolute favourite! <3

I was seriously thinking of trying this xD

#11 liquidt

liquidt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

DONT wear lipstick =D Its soooooo not needed.

#12 Olive Juice

Olive Juice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:43 AM

I'm looking for a nice red lipstick for Asian skin tones, anyone have any recommendations or have a favorite red lipstick? Posted Image

For you, it has to be Big Red Lipstick. Trust me, I know Big!

#13 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Red or pink glitter lipstick is very alluring! :P

#14 lil'Panda

lil'Panda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

you do know what red lips stand for right??? ;)

#15 Originality

Originality

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

My opinion red lipstick isn't suit for asian girls. I like to wear a little bit of pink of transparant lipsticks. It looks normal and pretty.
Also wear a little bit of lipgloss, that helps your lips from drying and giving your lips more volume, that makes the lips shining.

#16 Adalin Cho

Adalin Cho

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:31 AM

red lipstick is so fashionable! :)

#17 HelloKittyx3

HelloKittyx3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

I love red lippies when I want to stand out. LOL. NYX has some pretty true red lipsticks. I like their matte ones.

#18 Tokyokirei

Tokyokirei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

That's surprising. Red lipstick usually looks the best on pale white women since it greatly contrasts against their skin color and emphasizes their lips more, particularly if they have thinner lips.

Although, one doesn't necessarily have to be white (Caucasian) to wear red lipstick. I've seen pale Chinese and Taiwanese women who have thinner lips wear red lipstick and it looks fabulous on them.

Personally though, I wouldn't wear red lipstick myself since I've gotten fairly sun-kissed after working out this summer and my lips are somewhat full, so I prefer to go with more subtler colors.

@ OP I think NARS has some pretty nice lipsticks. I've never worn their reds but I've tried their other colors and they seem to look pretty nice.