AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Windows 8 or Windows 7

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Gabriel._*

• Guests

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

Windows 8 will be released in Q3 this year. I hear a lot of compliments from users of this beta version like intergrated anti-virus program, less memory usage, automatically changing into compatible theme color when desktop background is changed... Have you guys been using trial Windows 8? Do you find it much better or worse than Windows 7?

Will you choose Win 8 and uninstall Win 7 then?

#2 BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

there's a windows 8 coming soon? O: wow.. windows 7 isn't even around for that long lol... hmm.. I haven't used a trial windows 8 but here's my thoughts... any new version coming out - i will let it run in the market for a while before i start to use it.. because you would never know what new 'bugs' they have when they first launch it. I might consider changing OS if its better than 7, but only if i can play my games (old and new ) on it ^_^*. Despite Microsoft claiming that windows 7 ultimate can allow you to change compatibility mode for games, i tried and it failed to work *disappointed*

Also there might be some other compatibility issues with the programs I need to have on my computer as well. For me the OS doesn't really matter.. unless every store starts selling their computers in windows 8 then i have no choice but to go with it. my fav is still windows xp tho.

Edited by .AzL, 08 January 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#3 Guest_Gabriel._*

• Guests

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:50 AM

View Post.AzL, on 08 January 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

Also there might be some other compatibility issues with the programs I need to have on my computer as well.
I'm unsure of that compatibility matter. As far as I know, my sister began to use trial version of Win 8 in late-Sep last year. Before that, she was using Win 7, and after her great experience with Win 8, she doesn't want to come back to Win 7 anymore, lol! The beta Win 8 will be terminated by March before the official version will be released in Sep this year or whatever. My sister just uses MS Office and some popular programs to watch video or listen to music like VLC, KMP... She doesn't claim any error to run these applications on Win 8. So far, this OS has worked smoothly for her PC.

View Post.AzL, on 08 January 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

my fav is still windows xp tho.
Me too :P. I still use Win Xp on my PC to do editing stuff with my pics, music files or video clips. It's so easy and convenient. I just use Win 7 on my laptop for "minor" tasks in MS Office :D.

#4 A-Hayl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

I'm considering upgrading to Windows 8 Ultimate 64-bit once Microsoft is ready with their product.

And of course I'm running a Dual Boot O/S Setup. I'm currently running both Windows 7 and XP on my PC so I have the whole pie.

Edited by A-Hayl, 03 February 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#5 BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostGabriel., on 09 January 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

I'm unsure of that compatibility matter. As far as I know, my sister began to use trial version of Win 8 in late-Sep last year. Before that, she was using Win 7, and after her great experience with Win 8, she doesn't want to come back to Win 7 anymore, lol! The beta Win 8 will be terminated by March before the official version will be released in Sep this year or whatever. My sister just uses MS Office and some popular programs to watch video or listen to music like VLC, KMP... She doesn't claim any error to run these applications on Win 8. So far, this OS has worked smoothly for her PC.

Me too :P. I still use Win Xp on my PC to do editing stuff with my pics, music files or video clips. It's so easy and convenient. I just use Win 7 on my laptop for "minor" tasks in MS Office :D.

Lately...... I really hate Windows 7. Doesn't matter if it's 'better' than Windows Vista or XP. I still hate it. The design is unappealing. They changed a lot of things in their control panel. There are things that are meant to be left alone. <_< Defragmentation of drivers used to be very easy to use.. but with Windows 7 its a completely different story. I don't even think it has performed any defragmentation even after I clicked on it. On top of that I have a lot of problems running installations of legal programs. And each time I use a program it would keep asking me whether I want to set it as my default program for whatever format. I could have sworn I have set it to default a 100 times already! Recently I need to install Ubuntu OS onto my computer for my classes. Despite only using it for a while I find it a lot more user-friendly as compared to the likes of Windows 7.

So Windows 8? I will use it when my time with this laptop is over, but that's provided Windows 8 is out by then lol.

#6 cathyrobers

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

I haven't yet got a chance to use Windows 8 but Windows 7 is really good. . . :)

#7 Milana

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

I heard Windows 8 is good too. I heard it works with those new touch screen laptop! How cool is that.

#8 BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

i have just made a switch to Windows 8 because none of the stores sell Windows 7 anymore and I desperately need a new laptop (also the laptops with Windows 7 still pre-installed in them are at least twice the price of those with Windows 8) and have already developed a love-hate relationship with it. lol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users