Jump to content

AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Celebrity Dragon Babies to Be Born This Year!

hong kong andy lau

13 replies to this topic

#1 mv_288

    Super Poster

  • Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

Celebrity Dragon Babies to Be Born This Year!

Posted Image

The Year of the Dragon was a popular time to have children. Many joyous events occurred one after another, with numerous celebrities anticipating the arrival of their “dragon babies.” The gender of some of the babies have already been revealed, while some remained as mysteries.

Shirley Yeung and Andy Ng
Heavily pregnant and disappearing from the entertainment scene, Shirley Yeung was reportedly staying at her brother’s house in Los Angeles, USA, anticipating the arrival of her baby. The gender of Shirley’s baby remained unknown at this time.

Zac Kao
Becoming a father in March, Hong Kong singer, Zac Kao, will spend time with his pregnant wife when he did not have to work.

FAMA’s 6-Wing
Last August, rap artist, 6Wing from FAMA, announced that his girlfriend, who worked outside the entertainment industry, was pregnant. 6-Wing will be expecting the arrival of his daughter early this year!

Dee Hsu
Taiwanese celebrity, Dee Hsu (Little S), will be having her third child this year. Dee announced excitedly that her husband had “ejaculated haphazardly,” resulting in the accidental pregnancy of their daughter.

Yoyo Chen and Vincent Wong
Posted Image
Over 4 months pregnant, Yoyo Chen revealed that she was carrying a girl. Taking a break from filming, Yoyo was only engaged in light promotional activities until the birth of her daughter in May or June time frame.

Andy Lau and Carol Chu
After attempting to have children over the last 3 years, Andy Lau and his wife, Carol Chu, finally realized their dream. The couple will be expecting their “Little Dragon Girl” in June 2012!

Sonija Kwok and Zhu Shaojie
Although Sonija Kwok did not publicly announce the gender of her first baby, good friend, Leila Tong, gave her a set of baby girl clothes earlier.

Kelly Chen
Already possessing a son, Kelly Chen miscarried a set of twin babies in March 2011. Late last year, Kelly became successfully pregnant again through invitro fertilization. Kelly will be having another son.

Miriam Yeung and Real Ting
Miriam Yeung and her husband, Real Ting, announced that they will become parents, expecting a little boy.

Excerpt from Oriental Daily
Credits: Jayne @ http://jaynestars.com

#2 nomad 822

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

Wow, so much hype (and MAJOR STRESS, if nothing bakes in the 'oven' this entire yr) attached to the dragon. Marriage-wise, and rushing to join the line up to produce a dragon baby if already hitched. I recall how the better hospitals were booked and packed in Dragon years.

I know 5 or 6 Dragons (including one Dragon head (Feb/Mar) - the best supposedly). And honestly, none of them are doing significantly better than any of the other astrological signs, or ahead of any their peers of more or less the same vintage.

2 are great/grandmother status, and their lives have been normal (not harder or smoother than everyone else's). So they're cruising these days, but they had their ups and downs just like anyone else.

In fact, a few other (younger than Dragon) signs are soaring way above the Dragons.
for eg: while the Dragons may be Supervisory Heads or Manager category (low/mid junior management), other non Dragons slightly younger by a few years are already several-departments' Director or higher senior-management status.

For a Dragon child - it can also be real hard to grow up with high expectations all set upon you, the moment you're born. Dragon child = must do well, must succeed, must rise way above anyone else?
Whoa. :thumbdown

Edited by nomad 822, 27 January 2012 - 04:25 AM.


#3 HeTieShou

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

View Postnomad 822, on 27 January 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

Wow, so much hype (and MAJOR STRESS, if nothing bakes in the 'oven' this entire yr) attached to the dragon. Marriage-wise, and rushing to join the line up to produce a dragon baby if already hitched. I recall how the better hospitals were booked and packed in Dragon years.

I know 5 or 6 Dragons (including one Dragon head (Feb/Mar) - the best supposedly). And honestly, none of them are doing significantly better than any of the other astrological signs, or ahead of any their peers of more or less the same vintage.

2 are great/grandmother status, and their lives have been normal (not harder or smoother than everyone else's). So they're cruising these days, but they had their ups and downs just like anyone else.

In fact, a few other (younger than Dragon) signs are soaring way above the Dragons.
for eg: while the Dragons may be Supervisory Heads or Manager category (low/mid junior management), other non Dragons slightly younger by a few years are already several-departments' Director or higher senior-management status.

For a Dragon child - it can also be real hard to grow up with high expectations all set upon you, the moment you're born. Dragon child = must do well, must succeed, must rise way above anyone else?
Whoa. :thumbdown

Very well said and I totally agree with you. I don't see what the big fuss is about being a dragon. I guess the dragon is held in high regard because it is the only mythical animal within the 12 animals of the zodiac. I know a lot of dragons and many of them aren't so great at all and are actually below many of the other signs in terms of success. I feel bad that any people born in the year of the dragon already have such high expectations to live up to. They are heavily looked down upon when they aren't successful or superior to others... I believe it is more of a blessing to not be a dragon rather than to be one...

#4 *xueling*

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

Well, they can all have dragon babies if they want. But i must say that I'm glad not to be a dragon baby. There are expectations placed on you purely based on the year you are born in, as if it makes a significant difference in your life!
I do see the practical disadvantages. First you have to contend with the lack of hospitals, then the lack of kindergartens, lack of places in schools, more difficulty getting into prestigious higher education institutions later on... No thanks.

#5 Kim4ever

    ✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,224 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

I wasn't a dragon baby, and it doesn't bother me. (well my chinese zodiac sign doesn't look appealing either. :loool: ) So much pressure especially if you are chinese, most western ppl won't know about the probs :P

To all the dragon babies. good luck! :harhar


#6 abcba

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

says all the non-dragons...
i was born in the year of the dragon and i'm glad i was. i don't feel any pressure to be more successful compared to people of other zodiac signs. expectations are going to be placed on you from your parents, relatives, no matter which zodiac sign you belong to.

i'm pretty sure it doesn't make any difference which year you were born into interns of luck and fortune, but i'd much rather say "i was born in the year of the dragon" or "i'm a dragon" than "i'm a pig/dog/snake/etc."



#7 HeTieShou

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

View Postabcba, on 27 January 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

says all the non-dragons...
i was born in the year of the dragon and i'm glad i was. i don't feel any pressure to be more successful compared to people of other zodiac signs. expectations are going to be placed on you from your parents, relatives, no matter which zodiac sign you belong to.

i'm pretty sure it doesn't make any difference which year you were born into interns of luck and fortune, but i'd much rather say "i was born in the year of the dragon" or "i'm a dragon" than "i'm a pig/dog/snake/etc."

It is good that you are proud of being a dragon, but I don't think that you should you look down on other signs. Like I am a goat/ram and I am proud of it since I think ever sign has their good and bad. But whatever...

#8 alc17

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

the sign does not make or break the baby personalities. only important thing is they grow up healthy.

#9 iWasteTime

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

LOL at the discussion. It's definitely a "culture" thing. :pleh

On the other hand, this is definitely a year for celebrity marriages and babies!
There's been a surge in so many marriage announcements lately!!!

Edited by •iWasteTime•, 28 January 2012 - 07:53 PM.


#10 SUSIE-DANG-1988

    ~ TVB ADDICT ~

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

i'm a dragon baby! ahaha/ but i don't know what's soo special?!... anyone care to explain?? haha

#11 abcba

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:09 AM

View PostHeTieShou, on 27 January 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

It is good that you are proud of being a dragon, but I don't think that you should you look down on other signs. Like I am a goat/ram and I am proud of it since I think ever sign has their good and bad. But whatever...

i'm not looking down on other signs. the people up there were saying they were glad not to be dragons and i said i'm glad to be a dragon. i'd rather be a dragon than any other sign.

i think the final conclusion is...we're all happy with our signs? Posted Image

but yeah, the dragon would totally beat all the other animals in a fight. just saying Posted Image

Edited by abcba, 29 January 2012 - 03:17 AM.


#12 HeTieShou

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

View Postabcba, on 29 January 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

i'm not looking down on other signs. the people up there were saying they were glad not to be dragons and i said i'm glad to be a dragon. i'd rather be a dragon than any other sign.

i think the final conclusion is...we're all happy with our signs? Posted Image

but yeah, the dragon would totally beat all the other animals in a fight. just saying Posted Image

It is true that everyone is proud of their signs. Sadly with all of the people that I know who are dragons are way too proud even when they are pathetic. Also, don't be too sure that the dragon would beat all of the other animals in a fight.... The dragon is a mythical animal that many still wonder if it exists at all...

View PostSUSIE-DANG-1988, on 28 January 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

i'm a dragon baby! ahaha/ but i don't know what's soo special?!... anyone care to explain?? haha

I don't think it is a big deal, but many do since it is the only mythical animal in the 12 animals. It is a legendary animal that is associated with royalty, luck, the noble class,etc,, so is/was held in high regard..

#13 abcba

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostHeTieShou, on 29 January 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

It is true that everyone is proud of their signs. Sadly with all of the people that I know who are dragons are way too proud even when they are pathetic. Also, don't be too sure that the dragon would beat all of the other animals in a fight.... The dragon is a mythical animal that many still wonder if it exists at all...

you know i was only joking with the animal fight right? you guys take this zodiac sign thing way too seriously. it's sad that people make judgments about others based on which sign they belong to, instead of seeing people for who they are. "oh, it must have something to do with their sign", "all dragons i've met are....blah blah blah"




#14 HeTieShou

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

View Postabcba, on 29 January 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

you know i was only joking with the animal fight right? you guys take this zodiac sign thing way too seriously. it's sad that people make judgments about others based on which sign they belong to, instead of seeing people for who they are. "oh, it must have something to do with their sign", "all dragons i've met are....blah blah blah"

Oh I know you were joking... I personally don't like to take these things too seriously and hate it when people say that people act a certain way just because of their sign... Who knows if any of it is even true??





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users