1307 replies to this topic

#1281 LSH916

LSH916

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

I'm really liking the other 3 songs on her album, 星星的眼淚 The Tears of Stars, 因為什麼 Because of What, and 最美好的未來 The Best of the Future.

The duet between her and Adason has been on repeat for me! Since I like this song so much I decided to translate it. Hopefully it makes sense!

--------------------

tearsofstars.png

星星的眼淚 The Tears of Stars

鍾欣潼 & 羅力威 Gillian Chung & Adason Lo

: 打開收音機然後讓它繼續播放 等待另一邊來的溫暖 這緊張的害我也睡不著 想要的世界 有你圍繞

Turning on the radio and letting it continuously play

Waiting for the other warmth to come besides me

This nervous feeling is making it hard for me to sleep

The world that I want has you around it

: 我過的每天原來都有你的陪伴 如果哪一天 消失不見 閉上眼能感覺 奇蹟會出現 就算等了幾百天

Every day passes by with you by my side

If one day you disappear

I can feel that a miracle will happen when I close my eyes

Even if I have to wait a few hundred days

: 牽你的手 一起走 到最後

Holding your hand, going together to the end

: 把你的手 貼緊我 的胸口

Putting your hand close to my heart

: 我從沒有 深深的如此心動 唯有你出現以後

I've never been this deeply moved, until you appeared

: 愛的時間 會不會 到永遠

Will love’s time be forever?

: 這刻永遠 停留在 一瞬間

Time will stop forever during this moment

: 從今以後 這般深刻的心動 唯有你出現以後 再沒有

From today onward this feeling of being deeply moved, since you've appeared, won't happen again

: 我多麼希望每天都能在你身邊 我答應不會 消失不見

I really hope that I can be by your side every day, I promise that I won’t disappear

: 彿世上一切 已不重要 只能夠安靜 欣賞

As if everything else in this world isn't important and I can only quietly enjoy

Repeat* (再沒有...) Won’t happen again

: 任何的記憶能比你更美 因只有你會流 星星的眼淚

Can any other memories be more beautiful than you? Because only you have the tears of the stars

: 說著

Saying you say

: 終於你說愛

Finally you say you love me

Repeat *

--------------------

Also, in case you guys didn't know, Adason was inspired by the K-Drama "You Who Came From the Stars" to write /compose this song.

Edited by LSH916, 23 June 2014 - 06:30 AM.

• Antoine and nalicia like this

#1282 B x alaN n

B x alaN n

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3378 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

Gillian @ album signing.

kanudk.jpg

1e047b.jpg

1zokgg9.jpg

LSH - Thank you so much for the translation! I think it's also a meaningful song for Gillian because she herself loved that drama as she mentioned she has watched the drama several times because she loved it so much!

I also love that song and think it's one of the best ones in the EP!

• Antoine likes this

#1283 starlightcolors

starlightcolors

faq.asianfanatics.net

• News Crew
  • 391 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

Gillian Chung criticized for arriving 1.5 hours late to an event, while fans stand in the pouring rain

9776075_640x640_192_zps1ac11446.jpg
9776077_640x640_192_zpsf530e175.jpg

Source: Ent.qq
Translated by: Starlightcolors @ http://asianfanatics.net

Despite the end of the monsoon season, the county of Yiwu in mainland China has continued to experience heavy rainfall. Nevertheless, Gillian Chung agreed to attend an autograph session in Yiwu after being invited by a local bar.

The autograph session was originally planned to begin at 2:30pm. However, since Gillian was late and had not appeared yet, the event organizers expressed that they had no choice but to keep on delaying the event start time. Gillian Chung finally appeared at 4pm, surrounded by many assistants, staff members and bodyguards. However by this time, fans had already been completely drenched in the pouring rain.

Seeing Gillian finally appear, fans still cheered and forgot about being soaked in the heavy rain. However, after a segment where fans gave Gillian presents and their well wishes, the event host asked Gillian to say a few words to fans. When she grabbed the microphone, instead of saying a message to fans, Gillian said: "It's raining, hurry up and start the autograph session." Furthermore, it was originally planned that there would be interviews with the press and a group photo after the event. However, in the end, this was all cancelled. Giving fans the impression that Gillian was only concerned with ending the autograph session early, fans found it absolutely unacceptable and voiced their displeasure and disappointment. 

• nalicia likes this

#1284 LSH916

LSH916

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:10 AM

I posted this on the news thread to the post above and I thought I'd re-post it here too.

--------------------

Just a clarification about this event, Gillian was actually scheduled to appear at 4 pm, so she was not late, she was actually early (arrived around 3:30 pm). On June 19, she posted the date and times for all (or most) of her autograph session events on her Weibo, and the one scheduled on this day (the 22nd) was supposed to start at 4. The event organizers let fans in early, which was what caused the "long wait".

According to the host of this event, the organizers had Gillian leave her hotel at 3:20 pm, and the car ride to the event was 10 minutes long. Right when Gillian arrived, she exited the car and headed straight towards the stage. So Gillian was in fact EARLY to the event.

Also, as for her words of wanting to "hurry up and start the autograph session" it was so that fans didn't have to wait in the rain any longer and potentially get sick. She was just worrying over the well being of her fans, which made it seem like she was "rushing" to start the event.

--------------------

Ugh, I feel sorry for Gillian. She didn't even do anything wrong, yet all fingers are pointing at her.

• Little_Purple_Bell, Gill#1Fan, Antoine and 1 other like this

#1285 nalicia

nalicia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

OH THANks for the clarification LSH016, i was angry at her, the idea about such  disrecpect for her fans got me a bit upset. but knowing that she was early made me feel relieved and happy, and love her fans. they're very supportive. 

ohhh Thanks again for 星星的眼淚 The Tears of Stars, i love this song. pretty nice duet and love the lyrics. 

753008b8gw1ehntspkxu1j21kw16oh34.jpg

753008b8gw1ehntswn8yfj21kw16oqit.jpg'

753008b8gw1ehntsvptpkj21kw16oh0j.jpg

Edited by nalicia, 24 June 2014 - 07:56 AM.

• Antoine likes this

#1286 B x alaN n

B x alaN n

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3378 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:44 AM

Gillian @ Star Talk.

28b6yvm.jpg

http://www.tudou.com...ew/ni7s-ZzgCnQ/

-- I wish Gillian talked more about her EP!!

OMG, ppl are so ridiculous. Hahaha! Poor Gillian.

#1287 nalicia

nalicia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:57 AM

Fashion&Beauty流行新姿Vol.548

so pretty gil!!!

65cb6276gw1ehp8knf6vdj20jl0qoq4l.jpg

65cb6276gw1ehp8ktcwuhj20sg10p148.jpg

65cb6276gw1ehp8kqnqlnj20sg119dov.jpg

• Antoine likes this

#1288 B x alaN n

B x alaN n

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3378 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:27 AM

Fashion & Beauty vol. 548

16a14xu.jpg

2csb0wy.jpg

34j94wz.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/jsluaf.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2wea0qc.jpg

-- Gillian looks super gorgeous in this magazine shoot! Everything from head to toe on her is so nice and she looks flawless! Can't wait for more magazines from her!!

• nalicia likes this

#1289 nalicia

nalicia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Wow gill keeps promoting her new album. it is fantastic!!! she looks lovely as usual. :)

65886557jw1ehqe7wsfidj20xc18gakc.jpg

65886557jw1ehqe7ugtyjj218g0xctiy.jpg

484a047fjw1ehqe6u4ot6j20qo0zkdk8.jpg

• Antoine likes this

#1290 Little_Purple_Bell

Little_Purple_Bell

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1936 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Ugh, it's definitely not the first time that the media and certain people on the forum go out of their way to portray Gillian in a bad light. The good thing is, Gillian's been through enough to not let that affect her. Besides, her fans who follow her Weibo obviously know about the truth, and the people who choose to have an open mind will look at the clarification. Everyone else, well, they already have their minds set on bashing Gillian no matter what she does, right? rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I really like her new album! Despite having fewer tracks in total, I thought the EP had much better quality than her first Mandarin album; this EP is an album that you can listen to from beginning to end without skipping, which essentially is better than releasing a full album that a listener would be skipping songs through and out anyway. It seems like after experimenting different genres and pitches from her first album, Gillian has found the types of songs that would accentuate the qualities of her voice. Each track was very comfortable to listen to, and Gillian noticeably wasn't straining her voice as much in this album as in the past. I suppose it's a good idea that Gillian took full charge in the production of this album; it probably helped her find out more about herself. Of course, improved living singing is a huge plus! I hope she keeps gaining back her lost confidence with performing on-stage. Gillian putting out higher quality albums and improved live performances is definitely as much of a reward to herself as it is to fans. 

I wonder if it will ever be possible in the future for Gillian to work on a Cantonese album? It seems less likely because when Gillian releases Mandarin albums, she can go on tour through the different provinces in China, i.e. more exposure, more events, more albums sold because of autograph sessions, etc., but there may be less of a market like that for a Cantonese album. Additionally, Gillian seems to have more buddies in Taiwan, who would either write songs for her, or refer composers to her, so that's likely why her Mandarin albums have much better quality than her Cantonese ones. Her Cantonese ones, to be honest, are pretty bad quality, save for the plugged songs. idk.gif However, I think they can still make money off of a Cantonese album if Gillian released one, hopefully after improving on quality; I remember "Move On..." charted on a sales chart in Taiwan when it was released, despite being a Cantonese album and having no promotion in the area. 

• B x alaN n, nalicia, mlint007 and 1 other like this

#1291 kyla

kyla

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2246 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:21 AM

Ugh, it's definitely not the first time that the media and certain people on the forum go out of their way to portray Gillian in a bad light. The good thing is, Gillian's been through enough to not let that affect her. Besides, her fans who follow her Weibo obviously know about the truth, and the people who choose to have an open mind will look at the clarification. Everyone else, well, they already have their minds set on bashing Gillian no matter what she does, right? rolleyes.gif

Well said Little_Purple_Bell!! And thanks for the clarification LSH916! 

Certain members love posting negative news on Gillian while posting news that glorify the other Twin.  Its all good though, what's most important is that her fans know the real truth and that is all she cares about. 

Anyways, If this EP is as successful as her first Mandarin album then a Cantonese Album would be harder to predict. Gillian is friends with some good songwriters and producers from Taiwan. She can easily relax and be herself around them. I noticed from her < Move On > EP most of the songs if not all were written by Johnny Yim. I'm not saying he's a bad songwriter or anything but EEG/Gillian should bring in more Hong Kong writers to produce a good album that is based on Gillian's taste in music not Twins.

Thanks for the pics everyone!

#1292 nalicia

nalicia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Gil in  Zhangzhou 

b2301442gw1ehwknopu9lj217d1sa7pc.jpg

pretty earrings

b2301442gw1ehwlowwclvj20sz160tg0.jpg

c29ed16agw1ehv7zaaq5pj21kw11xk83.jpg

• Antoine likes this

#1293 nalicia

nalicia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

More pics!

oh how lovely!

67584819jw1ehvbc0qetyj20qo0fytdu.jpg

lucky fans

cc63663egw1ehv62f7glcj21kw10e16f.jpg

very very pretty gil!!! 

cc63663egw1ehv62jn7laj21kw196x5a.jpg

• Antoine likes this

#1294 B x alaN n

B x alaN n

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3378 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

Haha, sometimes I am not a fan of Gillian's hair. But other times she looks so amazing!! I wonder if she uses a different hair stylist every time!

v7sfhk.jpg

-- I also agree that this Mandarin EP is of high quality. It follows the success from her first Mandarin album. I love every track on the album!

#1295 nalicia

nalicia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

Drop-dead gorgeous!!! another photoshoot, love her hair, outfit and makeup

a84ada93jw1ei0mse9hclj20cl0hs75r.jpg

a84ada93jw1ei0ms7v8q9j20cl0hsgnj.jpg

a84ada93jw1ei0mr8edycj20cl0hs75y.jpg

• Antoine likes this

#1296 starlightcolors

starlightcolors

faq.asianfanatics.net

• News Crew
  • 391 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

Gillian Chung snaps back at netizens on her microblog

65082055jw1ei3hnlapqoj20xc18gwnjcopy_zps
67584819jw1ei30j20dl8j20dc0hs76k_zps1e3c
ti_zps8987da20.jpg

Source: Sina
Translated by: Starlightcolors @ http://asianfanatics.net

Yesterday, Gillian Chung shared a photo on her microblog of her hands covering her face with a ring on each finger. She wrote, "Thank you Joey Yung, I have liked this set of Chanel rings for a very, very, very long time. It is very hard to find the silver ones! Love you to death!" It turns out that the set of rings was a gift from Joey Yung.

However, what most netizens noticed was not the rings, but rather Gillian's fingers. Netizens immediately left comments saying: "Your fingers do not look good," "Turns out your fingers are actually so ugly," "Your fingers are really thick and short." 

It is not clear whether Gillian did not understand what they were saying, or whether she wanted to strike back. But, she shared another photo of a model wearing the same set of rings and wrote, "zhh_org_zps77722681.gif These are knuckle rings or call midi rings. How are my fingers thick? Are you all intentionally insulting me as a woman?"

Netizens were of course not so quick to put the issue to rest, and continued to point out that compared to the photo of the model, Gillian's fingers are even thicker. Some people even directly side, "Just admit you fingers are thick. Also thick and short legs."

#1297 nalicia

nalicia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

well well well, people really care about even fingers, how pathetic. i think they want to bring her down, but its something meaninful, so hope gil dont pay attention to those comments. to be frankly i dont like her rings at all neither her outfit there, sometimes here style sense is terrible but if she's comfortable with it, great.

• Antoine likes this

#1298 B x alaN n

B x alaN n

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3378 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

MORE Magazine Issue 865.

6dv34m.jpg

2s6q615.jpg

nnpr2s.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/68hbar.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/r7rapz.jpg

-- Loving this photoshoot so much! Gillian's magazine spreads never fail to impress! She looks so gorgeous and I love every look she did in this magazine!!

#1299 nalicia

nalicia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

65cb6276gw1ei3ia7yzwkj20sg11eaib.jpg

this pic looks fantastic, she definitely looks way better in high heel shoes and stylish dresses. 

65cb6276gw1ei3ia9dq9kj20sg10rtla.jpg

so pretty prettttttty

• Antoine likes this

#1300 Culpeo

Culpeo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

Gillian Chung snaps back at netizens on her microblog

65082055jw1ei3hnlapqoj20xc18gwnjcopy_zps
67584819jw1ei30j20dl8j20dc0hs76k_zps1e3c
ti_zps8987da20.jpg

Source: Sina
Translated by: Starlightcolors @ http://asianfanatics.net

Yesterday, Gillian Chung shared a photo on her microblog of her hands covering her face with a ring on each finger. She wrote, "Thank you Joey Yung, I have liked this set of Chanel rings for a very, very, very long time. It is very hard to find the silver ones! Love you to death!" It turns out that the set of rings was a gift from Joey Yung.

However, what most netizens noticed was not the rings, but rather Gillian's fingers. Netizens immediately left comments saying: "Your fingers do not look good," "Turns out your fingers are actually so ugly," "Your fingers are really thick and short." 

It is not clear whether Gillian did not understand what they were saying, or whether she wanted to strike back. But, she shared another photo of a model wearing the same set of rings and wrote, "zhh_org_zps77722681.gif These are knuckle rings or call midi rings. How are my fingers thick? Are you all intentionally insulting me as a woman?"

Netizens were of course not so quick to put the issue to rest, and continued to point out that compared to the photo of the model, Gillian's fingers are even thicker. Some people even directly side, "Just admit you fingers are thick. Also thick and short legs."

Do you want to post again using all the compliments and positive words Gill got from her fans or do you only wish to spread negative peoples thoughts? Why would you want to publicise bullies? So a bunch of anonymous people wrote horrible things to Gillian online and you think it is worthy news to spread online and post in a Gillian fan thread? I really dont see the point. If you are a woman yourself then you should imagine how it would feel to be subjected to such mean words and if you are a man you should know better than to treat a woman so disrespectfully. Either way, if you dont like someone you can just ignore them, you dont have to waste time hating on them.
  • Little_Purple_Bell, Antoine and nalicia like this

#1301 B x alaN n

B x alaN n

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3378 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Gillian @ More Magazine Shooting.

-- Gillian looks super gorgeous! Love the clip and all her looks for this magazine!

Anyway, tbh it's quite embarrassing for haters to go to certain length just to make Gillian look bad. And it's not even the first time that user translated an article to try to bring Gillian down. Haters seriously have nothing better to do w/ their time. It's just sad.

• Antoine likes this

#1302 Culpeo

Culpeo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

Gillian @ More Magazine Shooting.

-- Gillian looks super gorgeous! Love the clip and all her looks for this magazine!

Anyway, tbh it's quite embarrassing for haters to go to certain length just to make Gillian look bad. And it's not even the first time that user translated an article to try to bring Gillian down. Haters seriously have nothing better to do w/ their time. It's just sad.

Totally agree, she looks so great!

I just watched Twins effect 2 and I was thinking how pretty Gillian is in that movie too. The part where she has to pretend to laugh is so cute, Its a random thougt but I wish she would laugh or smile more in life and show her teeth more, she has such a nice smile.
  • Antoine likes this

#1303 kyla

kyla

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2246 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

Its good to see you Culpeo!! I totally agree you, Gillian have one of the most beautiful smiles in Hong Kong Industry. She certainly changed for so much from the person she use to be which is understandable. Many fans miss the old Gillian but its good she still here making music, dramas and movies.

Thanks for both positive and negative updates on Gillianhappy0062.gif I'm so behind on Gillian news and her schedule. From I seen today, she basically been promoting both her album as well as the drama "Qi Tian" for the last few weeks. I read her drama is doing extremely well in rating so Congrats to Gillian! Fans on Viki are slowly subbing the drama so if anyone is interested here is the link: http://www.viki.com/...-gu-jian-qi-tan   I hope her EP sales are doing well also. 

Gillian attended a event recently!

wjgmjk.jpg

t63xnt.jpg

rtjq83.jpg

Having a hard time understanding her outfit but she beautiful as always.

• Antoine, nalicia and Culpeo like this

#1304 Culpeo

Culpeo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

Its good to see you Culpeo!! I totally agree you, Gillian have one of the most beautiful smiles in Hong Kong Industry. She certainly changed for so much from the person she use to be which is understandable. Many fans miss the old Gillian but its good she still here making music, dramas and movies.

Thanks for both positive and negative updates on Gillianhappy0062.gif I'm so behind on Gillian news and her schedule. From I seen today, she basically been promoting both her album as well as the drama "Qi Tian" for the last few weeks. I read her drama is doing extremely well in rating so Congrats to Gillian! Fans on Viki are slowly subbing the drama so if anyone is interested here is the link: http://www.viki.com/...-gu-jian-qi-tan   I hope her EP sales are doing well also. 

Gillian attended a event recently!
wjgmjk.jpg

t63xnt.jpg

rtjq83.jpg

Having a hard time understanding her outfit but she beautiful as always.

Good to see you too Kyla! Everyone changes, so because Gill started out in hk industry so young its obvious she was gonna change too, but I think both twins have matured into wonderful women.

Does anyone here watch the drama?

And I agree, sometimes Gillians stylists suck. But she's like a diamond so she always shines through!

#1305 kyla

kyla

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2246 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

Culpeo, I'm waiting for the full drama to be subbed before watching. I know if I start watching now my impatience for the next episode to be subbed will drive me crazy. I admit I'm not a true fan of Chinese dramas at all so my anticipation for this drama was not very high. I'm only watching it for Gillian. I'm more of a Korean/Japanese drama fan more anything. If "Qi Tian" is boring or lame I will be the first to post about it. 

Twins celebrating Mani's Birthday

24y4i89.jpg

15gqbzp.jpg

Edited by kyla, 18 July 2014 - 12:28 AM.

#1306 Antoine

Antoine

a.k.a. twinspirit

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2689 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

TWINS, TWINS, TWINS !!! yeah.gif

• nalicia likes this

#1307 nalicia

nalicia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:07 AM

oh i've found qi tian on youtube, no english subs. i cannot believe qitian have 50 episodesssssss wow thats a lot!!!!!!! anyway hope it gets better and better. i love chinese drama specially those wuxiaaaaa!!!!!  but but but

https://www.youtube....ew=0&shelf_id=1

but  she(or her character is really boring and annoying)  

473df571jw1eig0rpihw6j20qo0h6jv9.jpg

but im not sure if this will be one of my favorite cdramas, i really enjoyed "the holy pearl", and "Fox volant of the snowy mountain". 

anyway i will wait for eng subs.

• Antoine likes this

#1308 Culpeo

Culpeo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

Culpeo, I'm waiting for the full drama to be subbed before watching. I know if I start watching now my impatience for the next episode to be subbed will drive me crazy. I admit I'm not a true fan of Chinese dramas at all so my anticipation for this drama was not very high. I'm only watching it for Gillian. I'm more of a Korean/Japanese drama fan more anything. If "Qi Tian" is boring or lame I will be the first to post about it. 

Twins celebrating Mani's Birthday
24y4i89.jpg

15gqbzp.jpg

Make sure you post your thoughts after you watch it! And I would only watch becsuse of Gillian too, I just want to know how big her role is and what its like first.
  • Antoine likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gillian chung, twins, hong kong

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users