AF needs funding again

Marcus Kwok as Tong Hon Pong

the hippocratic crush on call 36小時 marcus kwok

13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hatsune Mikuo_*

• Guests

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

What do you think of Marcus Kwok as Tong Hon Pong in "The Hippocratic Crush"?
(He is one of the residents in the Neurosurgery Department)

Posted Image

#2 SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

hmm...i think he's doing a great job as a newbie. haha
plus he was a doctor before he entered mr hk. soo... he knows his hospital stuff. :P

#3 ~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

Yeah I think I heard as well he was giving tips too for the show. But be handy to use a real doctor as the actor.

#4 donkeykong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

why would he quit his job as a doctor and be a supporting actor for TVB? the money is $hiT!!!! haha
that's just like Alfred Hui who's a dentist and he wants to be a singer........ but i think Alfred gets a lot more money than Marcus in the entertainment industry.

Edited by donkeykong, 24 February 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#5 autowil

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

Maybe he love the limelight? LOL

Doctors need to work 36hrs mah LOL

#6 donkeykong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

i heard actors do too! haha they work weird hours too

#7 Stephy25

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

maybe his real dream is to be in the entertainment industry.
Although he might have been a successful doctor, maybe it's not exactly what his heart desires?

Anyway, I think he's doing great. I hope TVB does give him more chances. He gave up a promising career for acting afterall!
Lol , I also heard he gave suggestions to the script. Funny, but I'm sure it was for the better.
Support you Marcus!

#8 ~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

I heard a lot of people do cameo roles on the side "for fun" but keep their real jobs for the finance.

Alfred Hui is a different case as he hasn't graduated yet so can't say he gave up dentistry for singing. But Alfred is getting a lot more money than Marcus so maybe his hobby can turn into a career which can support him financially.

#9 Jaylin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

I can't believe that he would give up being a doctor to work at TVB. If I were a doctor and I told my family I wanted to stop practising medicine and join TVB - I'm sure my family would send me for a brain scan.

In terms of his acting - he's doing a good job as a newbie and hopefully his character has some character development in the series.

I wonder if he gets nostalgic when he's in character about the profession that he left behind; however, that being said, I definitely hope everything works out for him.

#10 onetwothreefour

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

^Yea I agree, my parents would think I'm whack. "Dreams, what dreams? Money is more important!"

I guess if it doesn't work out he can still go back to being a doctor which I really think he should do tbh =/. I mean the pay at TVB is pretty bad and I just don't see him being lead material...

#11 spikedpunch

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

I don't even know whether to call him stupid or respect him for following his dreams? Either way, I definitely know I couldn't give up being a doctor for a career that is pretty much hit or miss. Anyway, I do wish Marcus the best of luck in the Entertainment Industry!

#12 aussiebloke

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

I knew Marcus when he lived here in Melbourne whilst working as a doctor. He was very hard working and I remember when he said he was returning to HK to enter the Mr. HK competition. To be honest I laughed when he said it, but as a friend I encouraged him to follow his dreams!

Not only did he get into the competition he has made a name for himself in HK as a presenter and actor. I am very proud of him for a few reasons.

1; He had the courage to leave the safety of a good career and follow his dreams.
2; He always believed he could do it, even when it probably didnt look like it would workout for him.
3; He is a genuinely lovely guy who never has a bad word to say about anyone and loves his family very much.
4; You may not know this but he has a wicked sense of humour.
5; He is probably one of the most dedicated and hard working people I have ever met.
6; He has the knack of locking himself out of his house on regular occassions!

Not everything in life is about the safest path to take, sometimes its good to take a risk or gamble on yourself. You may be surprised that you end up winning!

#13 reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

He finally has a doctor role that has more than 2 lines. Congrats for the upgrade.

As for why he gave up being a doctor to be an actor. Maybe he find working in ER stressful. Looking at beautiful stuff sure beats looking at wounds and blood all day long.

I also admire his courage. Not everyone is brave enough to leave a stable well paid job to follow a dream that is filled with uncertainty.

Edited by reiyi, 06 March 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#14 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:10 AM

It's great to have Marcus who was a real doctor put a lot of effort and contributions for the drama. I think Producer Poon and the other cast had emphasized him and thanked him for the development of the drama.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users