AF needs funding again

Marcus Kwok as Tong Hon Pong

the hippocratic crush on call 36小時 marcus kwok

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hatsune Mikuo_*

Guest_Hatsune Mikuo_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

What do you think of Marcus Kwok as Tong Hon Pong in "The Hippocratic Crush"?
(He is one of the residents in the Neurosurgery Department)

Posted Image

#2 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4457 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

hmm...i think he's doing a great job as a newbie. haha
plus he was a doctor before he entered mr hk. soo... he knows his hospital stuff. :P

#3 ~Akane~

~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6116 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

Yeah I think I heard as well he was giving tips too for the show. But be handy to use a real doctor as the actor.

#4 donkeykong

donkeykong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

why would he quit his job as a doctor and be a supporting actor for TVB? the money is $hiT!!!! haha
that's just like Alfred Hui who's a dentist and he wants to be a singer........ but i think Alfred gets a lot more money than Marcus in the entertainment industry.

Edited by donkeykong, 24 February 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#5 autowil

autowil

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

Maybe he love the limelight? LOL

Doctors need to work 36hrs mah LOL

#6 donkeykong

donkeykong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

i heard actors do too! haha they work weird hours too

#7 Stephy25

Stephy25

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

maybe his real dream is to be in the entertainment industry.
Although he might have been a successful doctor, maybe it's not exactly what his heart desires?

Anyway, I think he's doing great. I hope TVB does give him more chances. He gave up a promising career for acting afterall!
Lol , I also heard he gave suggestions to the script. Funny, but I'm sure it was for the better.
Support you Marcus!

#8 ~Akane~

~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6116 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

I heard a lot of people do cameo roles on the side "for fun" but keep their real jobs for the finance.

Alfred Hui is a different case as he hasn't graduated yet so can't say he gave up dentistry for singing. But Alfred is getting a lot more money than Marcus so maybe his hobby can turn into a career which can support him financially.

#9 Jaylin

Jaylin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

I can't believe that he would give up being a doctor to work at TVB. If I were a doctor and I told my family I wanted to stop practising medicine and join TVB - I'm sure my family would send me for a brain scan.

In terms of his acting - he's doing a good job as a newbie and hopefully his character has some character development in the series.

I wonder if he gets nostalgic when he's in character about the profession that he left behind; however, that being said, I definitely hope everything works out for him.

#10 onetwothreefour

onetwothreefour

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

^Yea I agree, my parents would think I'm whack. "Dreams, what dreams? Money is more important!"

I guess if it doesn't work out he can still go back to being a doctor which I really think he should do tbh =/. I mean the pay at TVB is pretty bad and I just don't see him being lead material...

#11 spikedpunch

spikedpunch

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1333 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

I don't even know whether to call him stupid or respect him for following his dreams? Either way, I definitely know I couldn't give up being a doctor for a career that is pretty much hit or miss. Anyway, I do wish Marcus the best of luck in the Entertainment Industry!

#12 aussiebloke

aussiebloke

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

I knew Marcus when he lived here in Melbourne whilst working as a doctor. He was very hard working and I remember when he said he was returning to HK to enter the Mr. HK competition. To be honest I laughed when he said it, but as a friend I encouraged him to follow his dreams!

Not only did he get into the competition he has made a name for himself in HK as a presenter and actor. I am very proud of him for a few reasons.

1; He had the courage to leave the safety of a good career and follow his dreams.
2; He always believed he could do it, even when it probably didnt look like it would workout for him.
3; He is a genuinely lovely guy who never has a bad word to say about anyone and loves his family very much.
4; You may not know this but he has a wicked sense of humour.
5; He is probably one of the most dedicated and hard working people I have ever met.
6; He has the knack of locking himself out of his house on regular occassions!

Not everything in life is about the safest path to take, sometimes its good to take a risk or gamble on yourself. You may be surprised that you end up winning!

#13 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

He finally has a doctor role that has more than 2 lines. Congrats for the upgrade.

As for why he gave up being a doctor to be an actor. Maybe he find working in ER stressful. Looking at beautiful stuff sure beats looking at wounds and blood all day long.

I also admire his courage. Not everyone is brave enough to leave a stable well paid job to follow a dream that is filled with uncertainty.

Edited by reiyi, 06 March 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#14 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:10 AM

It's great to have Marcus who was a real doctor put a lot of effort and contributions for the drama. I think Producer Poon and the other cast had emphasized him and thanked him for the development of the drama.