AF needs funding again

* - - - - 2 votes

Why are Vietnamese people so annoying? and stubborn?

vietnam annoying chinese school roommate

11 replies to this topic

#1 American

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:19 AM

During my life, I never really was in contact with Vietnamese people, but now at boarding school, I have to live with one for a whole year. We started off ok, but the more I got to know about him, the more I was annoyed and despised him. Before all you Vietnamese people come and flame me, let me make some clarifications. I'm asian myself raised up the american way, and I know not all vietnamese people are like this, but let me just explain my thoughts and reasons why I'm starting to hate them.

First off, my vietnamese roommate is probably the most stubborn person in the world. Don't get my wrong, he's very smart but I sometimes think he's retarded. I ask him to close the door politely every time he leave's to class or somewhere and he always replies with "no b*itch" or simply forgets if I don't ask him. And not only that, when ever I say something he replies with "your mum -insert dirty word here-". I'm not sure if he's trying to act cool or something, but he's acting like a complete douche and to be honest, 9/10 people who live in our dorm hate or think he is annoying.

Second reason, he is literally LOUD AS F*CK. Whether he's skipping down the hall or talking or interrupting, making an announcement, or shocks that normally don't set off other people. I swear, if you needed a microphone, he would be the human version. Even when he sleeps, he snores sooooo loud and screams when he sleep talks.

Third reason, the amount of unnecessary profanity he uses. He swears so much and when I was talking to my father and little brother on Skype, he was shouting "F*CK! F*CK MRS -INSERT FEMALE NAME- IN THE ASS! SH*T!" Seriously when I'm on Skype with my parents? Even after a few warnings and asking him to try not swear while I Skype my parents, he still throws in a few "sh*ts" and "f*cks".

Sorry if I offended anyone out there, I am just so mad after tonight, I was drinking my energy drink and my roommate comes along and fricken spills it all over my jacket, shirt, pants, and chair. I seriously think he has problems getting along with people.

#2 Yang Mai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

dont make judgement a whole nation.
i personally think your friend was born in a refugees family which means not well educated. That explains his behavior.
If you want some judgement i can tell you shouldnt be so proud to born american either. anti-multi rational people sure wont look at you as an American at all. just another refugees, ran away from your own country, live in america illegally and cause criminals, dirts and stuffs.

#3 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

I know a TON of white American dudes that act like tool bags also. You just had a bad luck of the draw when it came to a roommate. It has nothing to do with him being Vietnamese.

#4 Caramelapples

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

It's not valid to judge an entire race/nation based on just ONE person you know.

#5 skYmaster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

If they were not stubborn and annoying, they could not beat all the big countries in the past: USA, Mongolia, France & China

#6 Diego Viet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

Instead of identifying or categorizing someone based on their race, you should really ask yourself if you're being reasonable. If you write a statement, but everyone disagrees, then there is something wrong with your statement. My only suggestion to you is to spend some time with other Vietnamese people, make friends with them and see how your perception will change. Ask them about how they view other races themselves and people of their own race....you will eventually get sick of it and not care about racism anymore.

Edited by Diego Viet, 01 March 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#7 engin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

don't blame everyone for only one person do. you are just unlucky to end up with this guy as your roommate. but he sure sounded rude!

#8 Guest_LovelyLie_*

• Guests

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

Are they? Posted Image I like 2 of them, someone save me Posted Image ... I guess both are mutts but anyway... I thought it was cute when he said "your mom" ... So childish Posted Image ... I am envy for Vietnamese now, I wanted to be annoying and stubborn Posted Image .

#9 SassyViet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Yang Mai wrote: " i personally think your friend was born in a refugees family which means not well educated."

I take offense to that. Obviously you don't know anything about the Vietnamese political refugee situation at all. Very ignorant to say the least. If you refer to Vietnamese refugees as being not well educated then you pretty much consider 99% of Vietnamese people abroad are not well educated b/c they account for the largest influx of Vietnamese to foreign countries after the fall of Saigon in 1975 to the N. Vietnamese communist.

I do agree that because the political refugee circumstances, the selection is not as skewed toward the people who can afford it, as in the case with people coming from elsewhere, such as countries in peacetime where most people who come over are students or more wealthy people. But to generalize V. refugees are less well educated is a gross mistatement. Vietnamese refugees include many college-educated professionals who came over poor b/c they were lucky to flee with a shirt on their backs. Poor, yes. Uneducated, no.

As to the OP's roommate. This guy sounds like a real nightmare. It's unfortunate he's Vietnamese but being Vietnamese myself, I don't see this as the norm. How did you ever get so lucky? :)

#10 Canuck21

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostAmerican, on 29 February 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

During my life, I never really was in contact with Vietnamese people, but now at boarding school, I have to live with one for a whole year. We started off ok, but the more I got to know about him, the more I was annoyed and despised him. Before all you Vietnamese people come and flame me, let me make some clarifications. I'm asian myself raised up the american way, and I know not all vietnamese people are like this, but let me just explain my thoughts and reasons why I'm starting to hate them.

First off, my vietnamese roommate is probably the most stubborn person in the world. Don't get my wrong, he's very smart but I sometimes think he's retarded. I ask him to close the door politely every time he leave's to class or somewhere and he always replies with "no b*itch" or simply forgets if I don't ask him. And not only that, when ever I say something he replies with "your mum -insert dirty word here-". I'm not sure if he's trying to act cool or something, but he's acting like a complete douche and to be honest, 9/10 people who live in our dorm hate or think he is annoying.

Second reason, he is literally LOUD AS F*CK. Whether he's skipping down the hall or talking or interrupting, making an announcement, or shocks that normally don't set off other people. I swear, if you needed a microphone, he would be the human version. Even when he sleeps, he snores sooooo loud and screams when he sleep talks.

Third reason, the amount of unnecessary profanity he uses. He swears so much and when I was talking to my father and little brother on Skype, he was shouting "F*CK! F*CK MRS -INSERT FEMALE NAME- IN THE ASS! SH*T!" Seriously when I'm on Skype with my parents? Even after a few warnings and asking him to try not swear while I Skype my parents, he still throws in a few "sh*ts" and "f*cks".

Sorry if I offended anyone out there, I am just so mad after tonight, I was drinking my energy drink and my roommate comes along and fricken spills it all over my jacket, shirt, pants, and chair. I seriously think he has problems getting along with people.

So what you're saying is your roommate = every Vietnamese. Do you think you're being reasonable? You decide

#11 jandari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

My ding- a- ling brother and his friends act this way too..and
they're not even Vietnamese??!!
and so is my neighbor next door..and guess what?
Yup! He's not Vietnamese.
Just relax dude..you're being paranoid.Posted Image
Why not take him for what he is..rather
than having it your way..because ..yup!
you're not Vietnamese??!!Posted Image

#12 Milana

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

I don't think it's just Vietnamese. Anyone can be annoying and stubborn. I mean, people are annoying to begin with.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users