Embrace the East Asian cultures!

35 replies to this topic

#1 skYmaster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

China, Japan, Vietnam & Korea belong to the Sinosphere, meaning they are culturally similar:

Posted Image

But each culture still has their own characteristics. Let´s see what are the similarities and differences between them:

Writing system:

Posted Image

Clothing:

China:

Posted Image

Japan:

http://kahoriochi.im...118_1727728.jpg

Vietnam:

http://i41.tinypic.com/9vjnkh.jpg

Korea:

http://3.bp.blogspot...600/yeinjee.jpg

Chopsticks:

China:

http://blog.chinatra.../2011/03/20.jpg

Japan:

http://thumbs.dreams...88046ECJM78.jpg

Vietnam:

http://www.ninhbinht...21639821.nv.jpg

Korea:

http://www.lifeinkor.../f-manner01.jpg

House:

China:

http://j.b5z.net/i/u...1/i/t_house.jpg

Japan:

http://www.colinelli...cs/15_House.jpg

Vietnam:

http://2.bp.blogspot...in+Vietnam3.jpg

Korea:

http://www.hancinema...photo211245.jpg

Feel free to update this thread!

Edited by Anime_X, 06 March 2012 - 02:20 AM.
Only 3 pics per post.

#2 neehnahw

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

This is the first time I've seen Vietnam included in this group. Come to think of it they do celebrate Spring festival, use chopsticks and have a tonal language. Have they had the same Confucian influence with regards to work ethic and filial piety?

#3 bachl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Asian race are big including south north and far far east

#4 skYmaster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

View Postneehnahw, on 08 March 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

This is the first time I've seen Vietnam included in this group. Come to think of it they do celebrate Spring festival, use chopsticks and have a tonal language. Have they had the same Confucian influence with regards to work ethic and filial piety?

Really? It´s actually no secret that the group sinosphere includes China(incl. Taiwan), Japan, Vietnam & Korea. Yes, Vietnam was heavily influenced by confucianism - I think it was influenced much more than Korea and Japan.

View Postbachl, on 08 March 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

Asian race are big including south north and far far east

I am speaking about the countries belonging to the sinosphere as they are similar, hence you can compare them. You can´t compare culture-wise for instance the Philippines with China or India with Japan or Vietnam with Indonesia as they are too different.

#5 SomeAsianDude

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

View Postneehnahw, on 08 March 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Well Vietnam was part of China for a thousand years so yea, they have alot of cultural exchanges from China.

Edited by SomeAsianDude, 10 March 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#6 CartmanAndKyle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

What's the point of this thread?

Also Chinese clothing and architecture vary geographically and dynasty-wise

#7 Guest_Dark_Horse_*

• Guests

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostCartmanAndKyle, on 11 March 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

What's the point of this thread?

That’s my concern too.

It's just ridiculous that a Chinese (or maybe a mixed one) wants to include Vietnam into his community when true Vietnamese don't care that! East Asian Cultural Sphere? Please give me a break, and then DON'T find a lame excuse that Vietnamese crave to be East Asians in this or that stupid thread!

Don’t you know since its independence from China in the 10th century, Vietnam has begun a southward expansion to annex territories formerly belonging to the Champa civilization (now Central Vietnam) and parts of the Khmer empire (today southern Vietnam), which resulted in mixed culture due to exposure to these different groups?

Then during French colonial period, Vietnamese culture received Europeans influences from the spread of Catholicism and the adoption of Latin alphabet to this day. Remember that Vietnam is the nation that uses the Latin alphabet to write the national language, no longer Han characters!

Edited by Dark_Horse, 25 March 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#8 rebootyourpc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Are you saying all of those asian countries are related?
I think not. There is no proof, yet.

The Japanese group, The Ryukyuans are Chinese......as for Koreans, Vietnamese, and etc. I am not sure.
I'll start the research!

#9 Suling

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

What about Taiwan?

#10 Rainy2Day

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Each country has its own unique culture and identity. Why should we limit ourselves from embracing just EA cultures?

#11 Diego Viet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

View Postrebootyourpc, on 27 March 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Are you saying all of those asian countries are related?
I think not. There is no proof, yet.

The Japanese group, The Ryukyuans are Chinese......as for Koreans, Vietnamese, and etc. I am not sure.
I'll start the research!

Vietnamese: Decendents of Miao(Hmong), Southern Han, Buyei and Thai
Koreans: Decedents of proto-Altaic speaking tribes, peoples of Manchuria, and Yayoi people.
Japanese: Decendents of proto-Altaic speaking tribes, Yayoi and Jomon people.
Chinese: Decendents of Xia tribes.

People still argue if Vietnam is a part of East Asia or South East Asia...I think Vietnam is technically South East Asia. It is part of among 10 ASEAN group, which are East Timor ,Brunei, Laos ,Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, Indonesia, Burma, and Philippine.

So are they related? Well....some extent probably they are. I'm just too lazy to do my own research on this because I think it's waste of my time.....also I just finished my final last week and I wanna enjoy my Spring Break which doesn't require any brain activity. lmao

Edited by Diego Viet, 30 March 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#12 fefe 鸽子

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

View PostSuling, on 27 March 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

What about Taiwan?
about Taiwan being an independent state is still very controversial. and also, even if it was independent, most of the culture will still be pretty much the same, except for one using traditional and one using simplified...

#13 TalkTalk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

I wonder if any people in those countries are happy to be related with China.

#14 Tokyokirei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

I'm Vietnamese and yes, I do admit that the Chinese culture is very similar to ours...the beliefs in Mahayana Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism, the similar words shared between Vietnamese and Cantonese, the same new year day, the belief in the 12 zodiac signs, the celebration of the moon festival, etc...

But I don't quite see the Japanese and Koreans as having anything to do with us. As far as I'm concerned, I had always saw their cultures as being completely different. The only thing that's shared is the use of chopsticks as the main eating utensils, but I don't think we have anything else in common with them.

#15 Chinagirl123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

I'm chinese
There is a lot of similarities between the cultures
But they each have something different which makes ten beautiful and different cultures!!! ^_^

#16 skYmaster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

View PostAutumn Leaves, on 20 May 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

I'm Vietnamese and yes, I do admit that the Chinese culture is very similar to ours...the beliefs in Mahayana Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism, the similar words shared between Vietnamese and Cantonese, the same new year day, the belief in the 12 zodiac signs, the celebration of the moon festival, etc...

But I don't quite see the Japanese and Koreans as having anything to do with us. As far as I'm concerned, I had always saw their cultures as being completely different. The only thing that's shared is the use of chopsticks as the main eating utensils, but I don't think we have anything else in common with them.

To Japan & Korea: Look at the writing system(chinese script - Vietnamese used it too) and spoken language(many similar words), architecture of ancient houses, confucianism, clothes,...etc.

#17 mexican_rules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostChinagirl123, on 21 June 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

I'm chinese
There is a lot of similarities between the cultures
But they each have something different which makes ten beautiful and different cultures!!! Posted Image

Yes, Asian cultures can be quiet similar, but I found their foods are very different.

#18 lilith.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

I appreciate this thread. It's good to have pride in whoever you are! :]
Taiwanese pride! But also Chinese. Because I actually understand that many Taiwanese are actually Chinese in origin.

台湾-加油!

#19 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

There should seriously be some East Asian unity....I hope to see Chinese, Taiwanese, Koreans and Japanese...in a unity. Like Europeans already did (EU)...lol

or perhaps we Koreans are not worthy enough to belong in the North EAST ASIAN elite circle with the Chinese and Japanese.Posted Image

Edited by DreamWeaver1337, 20 July 2012 - 01:54 AM.

#20 Diego Viet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:45 AM

View PostDreamWeaver1337, on 20 July 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

There should seriously be some East Asian unity....I hope to see Chinese, Taiwanese, Koreans and Japanese...in a unity. Like Europeans already did (EU)...lol

or perhaps we Koreans are not worthy enough to belong in the North EAST ASIAN elite circle with the Chinese and Japanese.Posted Image

your comment is freaking hilarious. since when did Koreans use 'we Korean' to identify themselves? trolling enough huh? lmao

Edited by Diego Viet, 20 July 2012 - 02:45 AM.

#21 muddy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

well one truth that we cannot dismiss is that china is a big country, and the ones surrounded it are small countries. they have all been greatly influenced by china, and hardly the same can be said the other way around. and especially in modern times, each of those countries' biggest trading partner is china. i wouldnt go as far as to say that they rely on chinese money, but they all definitely benefit from china's rise.

#22 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

View PostDiego Viet, on 20 July 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

your comment is freaking hilarious. since when did Koreans use 'we Korean' to identify themselves? trolling enough huh? lmao

Sarcasm.

Of course we Koreans are part of the North EAST ASIAN elite circle (along with Chinese and Japanese). Korean culture is highly Confucian culture like the Chinese culture itself..(not much Japanese, however) and we share surnames, history, civilization, language, etc. All joking/sarcasm aside, no intelligent Korean, Chinese or Japanese would deny Koreans being part of the north 'east asian' elite circle. It's always been China, Korea and Japan.

View Postmuddy, on 20 July 2012 - 03:18 AM, said:

well one truth that we cannot dismiss is that china is a big country, and the ones surrounded it are small countries. they have all been greatly influenced by china, and hardly the same can be said the other way around. and especially in modern times, each of those countries' biggest trading partner is china. i wouldnt go as far as to say that they rely on chinese money, but they all definitely benefit from china's rise.

Pretty well said, actually. I am willing to admit China is great and it is...it will be cool to see it rise as a superpower... yes China is the center because it is SO HUGE with SO LARGE population...Korea and Japan are SMALL nations with mucher smaller populations. This is logical.

well Korea definitely benefits...both North and South...but i hardly doubt Japan benefits...or even likes. Recent poll showed 84% of Japanese had negative view of China...and there's hardly any cultural exchange between Chinese and Japanese in general. Rather there is more tension and distrust. This is based on personal interaction with many fellow mainland Chinese and Japanese people.

Yeah...looking at the picture the OP posted...China is ENORMOUSLY HUGE....Korea, let alone South Korea is tiny....Japan is somewhat normal as it's the same size as Great Britain.

Edited by DreamWeaver1337, 20 July 2012 - 04:50 AM.

#23 muddy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

it doesn't matter, their economies are interconnected regardless of what the japanese sentiment is towards china. japan depends on china for rare earths, which is essential for their electronics industry. china produces more than 90% of the world's rare earths. in the past, china has cut its supply to japan due to political tensions, and their electronics industry suffered severely, forcing them to move their production base over to china.

#24 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:57 AM

View Postmuddy, on 20 July 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

it doesn't matter, their economies are interconnected regardless of what the japanese sentiment is towards china. japan depends on china for rare earths, which is essential for their electronics industry. china produces more than 90% of the world's rare earths. in the past, china has cut its supply to japan due to political tensions, and their electronics industry suffered severely, forcing them to move their production base over to china.

Well it could. There are still historical and present tensions and disputes...like that Island dispute that is going on....

China and Japan are heavily involved trading partners....nothing more. They aren't friends or allies. They certainly don't trust each other. But at least they won't be going to war with each other anytime soon (i hope...)

#25 Tokyokirei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

View PostskYmaster, on 28 June 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

To Japan & Korea: Look at the writing system(chinese script - Vietnamese used it too) and spoken language(many similar words), architecture of ancient houses, confucianism, clothes,...etc.

Perhaps they might be similar to China years back but it seems like Japan dropped a lot of the Chinese culture it used to borrow and adopted more European cultures, such as Japan's adoption of celebrating the western new year rather than the Chinese new year like Vietnam still does.

As for Korea, I don't know much about it but it seems to borrow more European cultures as well, example being as to how often Koreans are Christians compared to the other Asians who are more frequently Buddhists.

I think as far as the CURRENT Sinosphere goes, in terms of how close the countries are to the Chinese culture; it's China, Taiwan, Singapore, and Vietnam.

Of course, in terms of geography (East Asia), it's China, Mongolia, Russia, Japan, and Korea. But since we're speaking culturally, I don't think Russia, Japan, and Korea are that much Chinese-influenced, or at least, not anymore. I'm not too sure about Mongolia but I'm guessing it's the same for them.

Edited by Autumn Leaves, 20 July 2012 - 05:06 AM.

#26 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

Autumn Leaves: Yes it seems Koreans are known for being the most Judeo-Christian influenced....contrast to Chinese adhering to Buddhism/Taoism and Japanese to Shintoism/Buddhism. We are quite notoriously known for Christianity. But one thing you got wrong. Christianity isn't European at it's core...it's Jewish/Israelite.

#27 Tokyokirei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

View PostDreamWeaver1337, on 20 July 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

Autumn Leaves: Yes it seems Koreans are known for being the most Judeo-Christian influenced....contrast to Chinese adhering to Buddhism/Taoism and Japanese to Shintoism/Buddhism. We are quite notoriously known for Christianity. But one thing you got wrong. Christianity isn't European at it's core...it's Jewish/Israelite.

Oh okay, thanks for correcting me. Something new I learned today then, lol.

#28 muddy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

View PostDreamWeaver1337, on 20 July 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

Well it could. There are still historical and present tensions and disputes...like that Island dispute that is going on....

China and Japan are heavily involved trading partners....nothing more. They aren't friends or allies. They certainly don't trust each other. But at least they won't be going to war with each other anytime soon (i hope...)

what do you mean it could. it could what?

i might know what youre saying, do you mean negative sentiment could affect china? i doubt it, the only reason china isnt putting japan in its place militarily is because the US has its back. but even then, china can play all sorts of games with economic policy to screw around with japan. just look at norway.

Edited by muddy, 20 July 2012 - 06:19 AM.

#29 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostXiaoli, on 20 July 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

I think that if you look at the topic of the thread as an attempt to find similarities between Asian cultures that can help draw people closer and help reduce some of the racial and historical tensions that exists then lets embrace the thread.

Try to talk about the things that you relate to in other cultures, not the things that pull people apart.

I think the topic starter had a good idea - like we all eat with chopsticks - each one a little differently perhaps but still we all use the same basic method.

There are similarities in how we write, and how we build houses and how we speak (tonal languages) - these things make us more alike than different.

So how many other similarities can you find between different Asian cultures that help people relate to each other better?

Wish there were more people like you here ;)

View Postmuddy, on 20 July 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

what do you mean it could. it could what?

i might know what youre saying, do you mean negative sentiment could affect china? i doubt it, the only reason china isnt putting japan in its place militarily is because the US has its back. but even then, china can play all sorts of games with economic policy to screw around with japan. just look at norway.

No of course it wouldn't really affect china. I mean't the negative sentiment would affect Chinese-Japanese relations. China is known for hating Japan and Japan don't trust the Chinese, the only good thing coming out of Chinese-Japanese relations is trade. History is history and we can't change the past....but at the very least a war in the Far East wouldn't be good.

#30 muddy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostDreamWeaver1337, on 20 July 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

No of course it wouldn't really affect china. I mean't the negative sentiment would affect Chinese-Japanese relations. China is known for hating Japan and Japan don't trust the Chinese, the only good thing coming out of Chinese-Japanese relations is trade. History is history and we can't change the past....but at the very least a war in the Far East wouldn't be good.

oh, chinese-japanese relations. well in china's experience, relations dont mean anything. in 1989, after the tianmen square massacre, many western countries severed ties with china, including the U.S.. Jiang Zemin, the then president of china, made absolutely no attempt to reestablish relations. he famously said "they'll be back". and he was right, they did come back. each one of those nations made the initiative to reestablish relations with china. there is nothing to lose if you choose to turn away from china, but there is alot to gain by cooperating. and thats another truth.

Edited by muddy, 20 July 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#31 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostXiaoli, on 20 July 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

No reason why not - all it takes is a little bit of effort to find our similarities instead of complaining about our differences.

It's always easier to complain / be negative than it is to be positive, but with a bit of effort it can be done.

Wish there were more mainlanders here...i've seen quite a bunch of bitter Taiweeboos ^_^

View Postmuddy, on 20 July 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

oh, chinese-japanese relations. well in china's experience, relations dont mean anything. in 1989, after the tianmen square massacre, many western countries severed ties with china, including the U.S.. Jiang Zemin, the then president of china, made absolutely no attempt to reestablish relations. he famously said "they'll be back". and he was right, they did come back. each one of those nations made the initiative to reestablish relations with china. there is nothing to lose if you choose to turn away from china, but there is alot to gain by cooperating. and thats another truth.

Of course. Look at the trade between China-Japan and China-South Korea...it's fabulous!

#32 Tokyokirei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

View PostXiaoli, on 20 July 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

I think that if you look at the topic of the thread as an attempt to find similarities between Asian cultures that can help draw people closer and help reduce some of the racial and historical tensions that exists then lets embrace the thread.

Try to talk about the things that you relate to in other cultures, not the things that pull people apart.

I think the topic starter had a good idea - like we all eat with chopsticks - each one a little differently perhaps but still we all use the same basic method.

There are similarities in how we write, and how we build houses and how we speak (tonal languages) - these things make us more alike than different.

So how many other similarities can you find between different Asian cultures that help people relate to each other better?

Yes, I suppose you're right.

A few months back, I told my bf that the girl name "Ai" in Vietnamese meant "love" and he said that it meant the exact same thing in Japanese too. That got me thinking that the only reason why this coincidence occurred must be because the Chinese might also have "ai" to mean "love" in their language as well. So to confirm my suspicion, I asked a friend from Taiwan if this was the case and he said yes. So I found that to be a little fun fact that all three languages; Chinese, Vietnamese, and Japanese have "ai" to mean "love" xD

So my bf and I joked around and decided if we were to ever have a daughter, we'll name her Ai because it means the same thing in both languages, as well as Chinese Posted Image

#33 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostXiaoli, on 21 July 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

I think that is so cool! Lovely name for your daughter too (should that ever happen Posted Image )

I know I just can't help but think...China and Japan are a lot bigger than Korea and outperforms Korea and is more influence to the world...why is Korea included in north east asia sphere anyway? Shouldn't it just move to the lowwer Southeast Asia (ASEAN)?

#34 Tokyokirei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostXiaoli, on 21 July 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

I think that is so cool! Lovely name for your daughter too (should that ever happen Posted Image )

Thanks! ^^

Oh, I did some more research and I just found out that we, "Sinosphereans", also share the common culture in giving small envelopes with money contained inside them as a New Year's gift or a wedding gift. I learned that the Mandarin Chinese call them "hongbao", the Cantonese Chinese call them "laisee", the Vietnamese call them "li xi", and the Japanese call them "otoshidama" (although for weddings, the Japanese call them shugi-bukuro).

I thought that's pretty interesting to know Posted Image My family still practices that (giving out money contained in envelopes) every Chinese/Lunar New Year and at every wedding they go to, so it's pretty cool to know that a lot of Chinese and Japanese also practice it xD

#35 behappyman 2.0

Asian Fanatic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

The original post was very enlightening to me. I like the Chinese house and Japanese clothing the best out of those pictures. Magnificent architecture and nice traditional clothing, any fascinating world tradition or the idea of some sort of unity - all of that is timeless.

Edited by samsunglover, 23 July 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#36 Anime_X

Coke Addict, mmm Coca Cola

• Forum Crew
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

Dreamweaver1337, please stay on topic. If you have personal questions for Xiaoli then you should message her profile feed or PM her.

For rules relating to this area of the forum, please check here: AF Rules

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users