50 replies to this topic

#1 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 3997 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

10/04/2012

The Hong Kong actor is said to be taking pain killers to pull through the filming

Posted Image

TVB actor Raymond Lam has been struck by a mysterious illness since the Lunar New Year.

The actor, who is busy filming his new drama Highs and Lows, is said to suffer from backaches which make it difficult for him to walk. His condition has caused filming to be halted on several occasions.

A few days ago, Raymond was seen wearing a grim expression on his face when he filmed an outdoor scene. The actor forced out a weak smile when he saw his fans who were waiting at the site.

As co-star Kate Tsui had yet to arrive on set, the actor began doing some simple exercises, biting his lips while twisting his waist left and right.

Filming commenced as soon as Kate arrived. The actress was supposed to be drunk and had to struggle with Raymond on the street, and though the actor need not move around much, he signaled to the director to stop filming after an hour and requested for some pain killers. Raymond swallowed several pills in one gulp.

It is believed that Raymond had experienced pain in his spinal cord for more than two months now. The actor had consulted Western doctors and Chinese physicians. Last month, he landed in hospital for two nights, but was still unable to find a cure for his illness.

According to an insider, Raymond's condition is so severe that once he needed someone to help him stand.

To avoid complaints from the crew of Highs and Lows, Raymond had continued to work despite suffering from numbness in his legs and weak knees. He had been taking pain killers to pull through filming.

Raymond had reportedly taken steroid shots to cope with the pain when he was on his concert tour in Australia last month.

Source

Edited by Myvi, 10 April 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#2 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6934 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

This got to be serious

Taking steroids for it means it has gotten serious already

Hope he get well soon
  • baybeehxsleepi likes this

#3 /\/ ( /-/

/\/ ( /-/

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

It's called the MAVIS PAN ILLNESS

traumatized turned of events that leads to headaches and fake tears...

Edited by /\/ ( /-/, 10 April 2012 - 08:40 PM.

#4 Hambaga

Hambaga

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

It's a love sickness or an STD. Probably the latter.
  • zita3000 likes this

#5 nomad 822

nomad 822

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

Ahem, since it's back pain = can be a result of over-strenuous 'activities'. Posted Image

#6 MrCritique

MrCritique

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2032 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

It's a love sickness or an STD. Probably the latter.

STD = Short of Talent Disorder

#7 almondeyez

almondeyez

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

LOL. The replies in this thread are hilarious. Posted Image

#8 JoeyMan

JoeyMan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

It's called the MAVIS PAN ILLNESS

traumatized turned of events that leads to headaches and fake tears...

LOL also can be call Chok too much in his music performance that now causing him back pain etc..
  • kennethma.forever likes this

#9 xxMiya

xxMiya

NOT YET

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4837 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

In all seriousness though, I do hope he's okay. If his injury is as bad as it sounds, he should just take a break and rest. The drama can be done later when he gets better :S
  • baybeehxsleepi, MrCritique and happii_wasabii like this

#10 happii_wasabii

happii_wasabii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

seriously he need at least a couple of month off work n take good care of his health.
  • baybeehxsleepi likes this

#11 bebeC

bebeC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:23 AM

yeah, he definitely needs to rest a bit. the last time he had a break of any kind was when he injured his neck and was stuck in a brace. that was a couple of years already.

#12 s a r a h

s a r a h

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3734 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

Some heartless people think they're so funny..

Anyways, hope he gets better because he can't rely on taking all those painkillers/drugs all the time. It isn't good.
  • bluehearts, BeInspired, ~ ♥ Malec ~ and 5 others like this

#13 kennethma.forever

kennethma.forever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Not a fan of Raymond, but I sincerely hope that he'll be fine.
and stop accepting jobs already! no point accepting jobs and earn big bucks now. This illness might worsen and might also force him out of the industry for years. Pain in the spinal cord is no small matter dude.

#14 sushiroll

sushiroll

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

Maybe he slipped and fell and injured his spine/back/hip/whatever?

#15 Mittelschmerz

Mittelschmerz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

STD = Short of Talent Disorder

Perfect description. Well he better hope that this is all it is, and not the real meaning of STD. After all, in all seriousness, HIV can start as any symptom, from the simplest ones to the more complicated stuffs.

Edited by Mittelschmerz, 12 April 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#16 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3906 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

I had a good laugh at some of the comments here. But I want to ask, does this article contain any 'funny' contents that I don't know of or misread? . I have read it over and over again and thought there aren't anything funny there to have a bunch of ' funny' comments here. I, for a moment thought I logged in to some other unwarranted forums and not AF, AF is a forum for constructive discussion, comments like this are better off taken to the critics section, there is one, right, if I'm not mistaken?. LOL!!! I thought this has always been an emphasis under AF's policy, yes? No? hahahhaha, anyways, not that I bother, just giving my two cents here. But thankfully there are some constructive comments, so new readers or newbies to AF, won't be too shocked..LOL!!

Edited by soundofmusic, 11 April 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#17 MrCritique

MrCritique

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2032 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

I, for a moment thought I logged in to some other unwarranted forums and not AF, AF is a forum for constructive discussion, comments like this are better off taken to the critics section, there is one, right, if I'm not mistaken?. LOL!!! I thought this has always been an emphasis under AF's policy, yes? No? ...

The answer to your inquiry is in the membership section, which spells out what is acceptable and what is unacceptable commentary.

As for any effusive idol worshipping and praising, there is a fan section here.

#18 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

Yes funny posts indeed, I gotta say A+ for effort! Posted Image I wonder would they say the same thing if it was one of their fav artistes? Posted Image

I'm hoping what doesn't kill him makes him stronger Posted Image Ok hes such a busy person, really need to take time off work and have plenty of rest! Posted Image

get well soon!!! ;)
  • ~ ♥ Malec ~, Linnh, s a r a h and 1 other like this

#19 Mittelschmerz

Mittelschmerz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Everyone's saying funny things about other celebrities. They are there to entertain us anyway. It's how well or how bad the fans of the celebrities can take in those "funny" comments that will make all the difference.

Edited by Mittelschmerz, 11 April 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#20 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

^ The difference is making light of someone's pain is despicable :P Sure everyone is saying funny things about other celebs, but I personally draw the line when someone is suffering.Posted Image
  • bluehearts, BeInspired, ~ ♥ Malec ~ and 4 others like this

#21 s a r a h

s a r a h

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3734 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

^ I agree. There are appropriate and inappropriate times for jokes. I don't find it funny when someone jokes about someone's pain/illness..
  • bluehearts, ~ ♥ Malec ~, Linnh and 3 others like this

#22 Mittelschmerz

Mittelschmerz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Despicable as it is to you and to his fans, then so be it. This is a free forum anyway where we can say whatever we want to say. Freedom of speech can sometimes be a pain in the ass too. :)

#23 BoscoHeart

BoscoHeart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hopefully he'll get better. Or at least doesn't die.

Because if he does, he'll probably get elevated to some James-Dean-status, everyone will say how young, talented and full of potential he was and no one will dare to speak ill about him again.

I just don't want to see that happen.

#24 Mittelschmerz

Mittelschmerz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Because if he does, he'll probably get elevated to some James-Dean-status, everyone will say how young, talented and full of potential he was and no one will dare to speak ill about him again.

Don't worry, I'm sure that this won't ever happen. Posted Image
But then again, we always say the good things about a person when he dies...

Edited by Mittelschmerz, 11 April 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#25 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12563 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

^ Some ppl need to see other's death to say good things, sad that.

Edited by 雪球, 11 April 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#26 BoscoHeart

BoscoHeart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Don't worry, I'm sure that this won't ever happen. Posted Image
But then again, we always say the good things about a person when he dies...

My point exactly :)

#27 Lunablue

Lunablue

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3906 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Yes, you guys can say whatever u want to say here, but some comments here are OTT, really. I'm not representative of LF whatsoever, or as someone here puts in an effusive idol worshipper in any way, but please when commenting, be mindful of the language used and be respectful to the readers who are probably new or underage. I'm not the crew member of AF neither am I well versed with the policies as to what's acceptable and what's not...but I do know that AF does not exist to have attackers launch attacks on an artistes outrightly on a visible news section like this with words that are disrespectful and commentaries that contain adult contents!

Again I stressed, anyone can bash anyone here on this forum but if you intend to overdo it with additional contents that are unrelated, there's a critics section you can go to, so that readers are at least given the chance to choose which section to go to! Tq!

• happii_wasabii likes this

#28 chuanxxiong

chuanxxiong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

I know Raymond has had serious neck problems before. A spinal injury can lead to numbness in the legs and the inability to walk. I do not know exactly what is happening to Raymond, but I do not like to think of anyone in such physical pain. I pray for a fast recovery for him. It is funny how the stds jokes are mentionrd, because I heard that recently, an idol was diagnosed with HIV and is keeping a very low profile.This idol is a closet gay

I also heard that this young idol who is so unbelievably good looking has been secretly married for two years and mommy and daddy adores the spouse. A lot of fans are going to cry a river if it comes out.

PS.....I am talking about two different idols.

Edited by chuanxxiong, 11 April 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#29 Maricon

Maricon

God's faithful :)

• Forum Crew
  • 6531 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

As for the comments,bashing in any way or form is unacceptable.So please don't bother comment here if your only purpose is to bash or insult Raymond.

Oh my.I feel so bad for Raymond.
I hope he gets well soon,and he must seek medical advice.It is for his own good. :)

#30 Hambaga

Hambaga

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Next time we should only make fun of people who don't have fans. That way nobody cares.

#31 /\/ ( /-/

/\/ ( /-/

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

first off...dont try to tell us that we are heartless people...making fun of mysterious illness...

U KNOW WHAT A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF DONT BELIEVE HE HAS ANY ILLNESS OR IS EXGERATTING HIS ILLNESS...PLUS IT AINT LIKE THE ILLNESS IS CAUSING SOME DEATH OR WHATEVER...

this is being reported...not everything reported is true...IF YOU THINK HES GONNA DIE FROM THIS...U MUST BE SMOKING SOMETHING!...

IF WHAT REPORTED IS TRUE...THEN REST...LIKE OUR COMMENTS OVER HERE IS GONNA MAKE HIM WORSE...u know how many hard working people suffer from chromatic illness that they cant take a day off and still work their ass off...HES A FRICKIN MILLIONAIRE...

plus why does he deserve our sympathy when many people think his tears a year ago are fake and highly exaggerated...on top of that he caused that damn problem himself by taking all of those pics...HE LEAVES A NEGATIVE IMAGE...

THIS IS A FORUM...PEOPLE CAN SPEAK THEIR MIND...stop with the crap like you being so mean, u dont care what others think, or watever...plz...

if thats the case let call this forum "GOOD PRAISES FORUM"

Edited by /\/ ( /-/, 11 April 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#32 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12563 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

I also heard that this young idol who is so unbelievably good looking has been secretly married for two years and mommy and daddy adores the spouse. A lot of fans are going to cry a river if it comes out.

I don't know who cry for such thing but if it's really happen to anyone I like (artist or not), I'll send them glads. Secret marriage/love isn't anything bad. I guess only the children will cry or make it like a very big deal, lolz.

Next time we should only make fun of people who don't have fans. That way nobody cares.

Whoever having an illness and you make fun of, you are still heartless.

@/\/ ( /-/: Real illness or not, exaggerated or not, but laughing at someone's illness is the same as singing a happy song in a funeral, it's kind of a kid's action. If you have an injury/illness and other ppl laugh at you, I guess you won't feel any happy. If your family member or your lover faces this problem, I guess you won't feel happy, too. And maybe you can do a research on the back pain again. Don't underestimate it, it can kill you. If you don't think it's serious, when you have it, you should change your thinking or you will make your condition worse, even dangerous. Additionally, you are exaggerating his scandal (if can call so) by making it like an unacceptable crime. Of course, if his ex is your current gf, it's different Posted Image. Ok, kidding. All the best for you and god bless you and your right of free speech.

Edited by 雪球, 11 April 2012 - 10:20 PM.

• bluehearts, BeInspired, Linnh and 4 others like this

#33 chco115

chco115

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

man he seriously needs a break..
i think he just injured his back while filming and prob never recovered from it..seriously need to take a look at that..can be very serious in the long term..

#34 chuanxxiong

chuanxxiong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

{I don't know who cry for such thing but if it's really happen to anyone I like (artist or not), I'll send them glads. Secret marriage/love isn't anything bad. I guess only the children will cry or make it like a very big deal, lolz.}..............

You would be surprised that a lot of females will be sad and inconsolable over this sexy, young impossibly handsome male getting married. You would underdtand why too if You found out who he is. He has girlfans who dream of being his dreamgirl. I even hear them gushing over Mr Handsome. If this is true, and it becomes public knowlege, heaven and the shrinks help these girls.

Edited by chuanxxiong, 11 April 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#35 xxMiya

xxMiya

NOT YET

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4837 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

It's not about him having fans or being popular or whatnot. A lot of people just don't think it's right to joke around when it comes to other people's health.

If you think it's okay, then fine. But while you have the right to free speech and to joke around about people's health, other people have the right to tell you to stop too.
  • mlint007 likes this

#36 chuanxxiong

chuanxxiong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

I know a lot of fans are mad at Raymond because of what happened in the past, and they have their choice to be angry. However, we do not know if his illness is exaggarated or not, or what exactly is wrong. Like I said, it is hard seeing or hearing that someone is in severe pain, even if that person is your worst enemy. The idol who I heard is HIV positive is not Raymond. I do not personally like the guy but, I would not wish his illness on anyone, not even him.
  • Kim4ever and mlint007 like this

#37 Mittelschmerz

Mittelschmerz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

It's not about him having fans or being popular or whatnot. A lot of people just don't think it's right to joke around when it comes to other people's health.

If you think it's okay, then fine. But while you have the right to free speech and to joke around about people's health, other people have the right to tell you to stop too.

My point exactly, my dear. Freedom of speech. ;)

#38 The Yen Man

The Yen Man

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

Meh, people are correct in that its the internet, and they can say whatever they want. I personally think its pretty tastless and mean spirited to joke about illnesses, but whatever. If its your thing to make light of HIV, then thats your thing. Would you make fun of people with cancer too? Its kind of like all those youtube comments. I wouldn't get worked up over comments made by random people whom I'll never meet in my lifetime.

Edited by The Yen Man, 12 April 2012 - 07:46 AM.

#39 Mittelschmerz

Mittelschmerz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Who's making fun of HIV and taking it lightly? I was dead serious when I was talking about the possibility of an HIV infection. It is true that HIV can present as a simple symptom up to the most complicated and confounding ones. When a certain symprom can't be explained by a certain disease, then it's the job of the doctors to to investigate its underlying cause. You have to think of every possibilities, from genetic disorders up to malignancies. But one must always take into consideration and must always rule out the possibility of an underlying infectious process. And in young people of today, STD's must never be missed, especially in people with risk factors. If all possble causes are ruled out, from genetics to cancers to infections, then a disease can now be considered an idiopathic one or a primary disease, meaning the cause is unknown. FYI, HIV progressing to full blown AIDS can sometimes present only as neuropathic pain alone, or someimes as complicated as a Guillain-Barre-like syndrome.

Now I'm not saying that Raymond does have HIV (I wish he doesn't). But if you think that Raymond Lam is sqeeky clean without any risks of ever contracting any STDs, then the accusations of a possible HIV will only be a laughable matter to you. But if at the back of your mind, there's a tiny voice saying that there's a possibilty, then I can understand why you just can't laugh this off.

#40 kailie

kailie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1375 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

It is the funniest thread I ever read on this site! ROFL.... I just say he needs to go see a chirpractor to adjust his bones, after his last injuries, and then head over to an awesome acupuncturist. He lives in HK. Come on.... Lam Fung can pay for it since he's raking the dough!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hong kong, raymond lam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users