wooden miniature kawaii stuff

1 reply to this topic

#1 jewellia7777

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Someone brought a craft book to uni cos we were making stuff for spatial design. It was like a kids craft book on making wooden miniature stuff. (It was in chinese)

I never knew there was wood you could cut with a craft knife. You can cut balsa wood with a craft knife into basic shapes, use sandpaper to smooth it out/create rounded shapes, and glue bits together and paint them.

You can make such kawaii stuff from it!
stuff included:
chairs
cakes
bread/hamburgers/fries/food
a teddy bear, dog, animals
boxes
doll houses

I've seen wooden japanese doll houses and shops before on this craft forum. But never food and stuff. It's like those polymer clay crafts but with wood. I really wanna know what the common name for it is. Something I can google to find pics of it. I can only search wooden doll house to get doll houses, but cant find kawaii wooden animals/food. I even tried translating words into chinese and copying/pasting that into google search, sometimes I get better results for those asian handicrafts, but I still dont know what its called (I tried wood handicrafts, wood DIY miniature, kawaii wooden crafts etc..)

Anyone know about this craft? is this more of an asian handicraft? what can I search to find pics of them?
Thanks

#2 seoravi10

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

I have herd term wood crafts on internet. I think your craft idea is some what similar to it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users