8 replies to this topic

#1 muta

muta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

Help. How to remove musky smell from new leather sofa? I try using lysol, but no luck. It's driving me crazy.

#2 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2311 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

My mother had two leather couches while I was groing up and from what I can remember the only thing that can take away the stench (if that is what it is to you) is time...I actually love the smell of good leather and the stronger the smell the better the quality.

So take comfort in knowing you purchased a quality sofa. I for one have no love for leather furniture any longer...maybe because in our house we didn't have central air and it was horrible to sit on during hot weather and I feel the same about the leather seats in my SUV but it came with the car so what can I do.

Additionally, remember if you do decide to place some type of masking component on the sofa you risk leaving a residue so maybe learn to love the smell...

#3 muta

muta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:09 AM

I heard that vinegar may do the trick. Will try it.

#4 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2311 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

Make sure you dilute the vinegard sufficiently...especially because vinegar is a hard acidic and may leave a ring cloud on your couch...

Sometimes the companies you buy the product from has some leather cleaner they sell...maybe check it out.

#5 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3294 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

I know it's not really meant for ... but if you really can't stand the smell ... probably use some Febreze. I know it's meant to disinfect what you spray on ... and to help eliminate really bad odours ... and maybe "it's not meant to simply eliminate a new product smell" ... but if it really bothers you that much ... just try it. Over time the smell of the Febreze and the sofa itself should just disappear ... but that's the only suggestion I could make at the time. Of course ... the Febreze is only going to last for perhaps a few to several hours ... and then you may have to use it again ... but ah well

There was a product I had a while ago ... that was like "some kind of rocks or something that could absorb odours placed in some kind of net-like structure" ... you just lay it there and it's supposed to absorb the smell

it was a long time ago ... so I don't even remember the name of the product.

I got it from a Factory Direct store long time ago ... so I don't know if they would still have such a product .. but you can check out the website. They get new stuff all the time ... so I don't know, check it out

Edited by MiSuru, 26 December 2012 - 10:51 PM.

#6 Neema

Neema

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

From a Mom, here's a link I want to share with you: http://www.houseclea...ll-removal.html

#7 gracenorra

gracenorra

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

With the sofa being quite possibly the largest piece of furniture in your living room you will have a plethora to choose from. Finding the right sofa is the inportant things. There are many kind of sofa that you can buy. Like Microfiber sofa, leather sofa, fabric sofa, Modern sofa, corner sofa, curved sofa, flexteed sofa and other...

Microfiber sofa is one of the most ideal options if you are a pet lover. Microfiber made sofa sets are sewn in a strong manner in order to make them resist the pet's fur. This material is also quite easy to clean and requires a lesser degree of maintenance. As far as comfort is concerned, these couches guarantee full relaxation.

Leather sofa is a costly investment as it is pricey and worth every dollar spent.Many people dream of having leather furniture because of the many benefits that leather has to offer. Leather sofa furniture is amazing. It looks superb and gathers a lot of attention, and it's also very comfortable and enjoyable to use.

The modern fabric sofa sets are designed in an artistic manner with innovative, edgy and minimal design. It is an inevitable item and can effectively reflect your style.Need more information on the other kind of sofa, and how to find cheap sofa you can find it at click here website.

#8 Nesyabiie

Nesyabiie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

Broyhill Sofa

Broyhill sofa furniture is an American manufactured brand of fine sofafurniture that is very popular today. If you are looking to buy Broyhill furniture, the following information you should find very helpful.

This furniture is synonymous with style, innovation and practical luxury. It features a range of price points, designs and decor options so that practically every type of customer will be able to find the perfect piece for their home.

If you have been looking for some stylish pieces of furniture for your new home or even something to spice up your old living room, Broyhill sofa has some very interesting options for you. visit broyhill sofa for more information about broyhill sofa

#9 Goldenpuut

Goldenpuut

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

Modern Sofa

Sofas have always been the focal points of living rooms. Modern lifestyle of people inspires them to invest in different sofa types. The modern sofa sets are designed in an artistic manner with innovative, edgy and minimal design.

Modern sofas have lots of benefits for your interior. This furniture comes in great innovative designs and styles which perk up the entire ambiance of your place.

You can find lots of materials in the new sofas which can complement the overall decor of your home. With regard to styles, designs and colors as well, the market is brimming with countless choices. Owing to the great variety of these sofas, you can find suitable ones for all kinds of themes and settings.

Need another information about modern sofa and it review, visit http://huklai.blogsp...3/03/sofas.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users