#1 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Winning Results

Best Actor: Wayne Lai (The Confidant)
other Top nominators: Raymond Lam (Highs and Lows), Kenneth Ma (The Hippocratic Crush), Moses Chan (The Last Steep Ascent), Damian Lau (Silver Spoons, Sterling Shackles)

Best Actress: Tavia Yeung (Silver Spoons, Silver Shackles)
other Top nominators: Charmaine Sheh (When Heaven Burns), Kate Tsui (Highs and Lows), Linda Chung (Witness Insecurity), Michelle Yim (The Confidant)

Best Supporting Actor: Koo Ming Wah (Divas in Distress)
other Top nominator: Power Chan (The Confidant)

Best Supporting Actress: Nancy Wu (Gloves Come Off)
other Top nominator: Mandy Wong (L'Escargot)

My Favorite Male Character: Kenneth Ma (The Hippocratic Crush)
My Favorite Female Character: Kate Tsui (Highs and Lows)

Best Series: When Heaven Burns
other Top nominators: The Hippocratic Crush, The Confidant

Most Improved Actor: Oscar Leung
Most Improved Actress: Mandy Wong

Posted Image

Edited by 夔懿曦, 17 December 2012 - 03:46 PM.

• jerebtvb likes this

#2 Caramel apples

Caramel apples

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

hmm. theres still a couple more months to go but i think this may be moses' year? he was pretty good in when heaven burns and he still has war and beauty 2. Im not sure about the ladies... but i think tvb is going to give the tv queen to Tavia this year

Edited by Caramel apples, 09 June 2012 - 10:38 PM.

• FantasyMania likes this

#3 jerebtvb

jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10123 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

Whoa! You're fast to put up all the pictures for this year's TVB anniversary award. In terms of Best Actor and Best Actress, I do believe it's still unknown who will win the award this year.

But good job and your hardwork is much appreciated!

Kenneth Ma, Tavia Yeung, Ron Ng, Linda Chung, Mandy Wong, Edwin Siu, Wayne Lai, Kent Cheng, Nancy Wu are the list of nominees that are popular in the public (for the 1st half of the year).

Edited by jerebtvb, 10 June 2012 - 12:54 AM.

#4 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

@Caramel apples moses performs rather well this year but sadly his drama's viewership is not very good... don't know if it will affect his chances :( actually i am rooting for adam cheng myself, next would be Kenneth Ma. as for the ladies ... yea i have the same sentimental as you. Tavia...

@jerebtvb haha! thanks! i think kenneth and tavia will have a chance for best actor and actress award. And Nancy Wu may have a shot for best supporting actress as well as mandy wong who may also have double nomination in best supporting actress and most improved actress.

#5 PermRight

PermRight

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

3) Lin Xiawei - Til Love Do Us Lie
^ I don't think she is main actress.

You already have the female leads for No Good Either Way but you didn't list the males.

Rebecca Chan in Greatness of a Hero and Nancy Wu in Gloves Come Off can be considered as Female leads as well.

#6 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

@Ryopus Lin Xiawei is considered one of the female leads in Til Love Do Us Lie. as for the male side of no good either way, i will update it in the next batch of list since number 29 is the final slot for now. regarding rebecca, she is considered support, same goes to nancy. both are named after supporting casts in the tvb poster. Also knowing tvb, those two will surely be nominated in the supporting category.

Edited by Mr. Skull, 10 June 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#7 PermRight

PermRight

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

But Queenie Chu - Come Home Love and Leila Tong - Greatness of a Hero should also be supporting actresses too. They are both not considered as leads in cast list too. There is no way TVB will nominate them in the main actress category.

Right now, these actors and actresses are very likely to receive nomination for Best Actors or Best Actresses:

Best Actors (15 in total):
Moses Chan
Raymond Wong
Michael Miu
Michael Tse
Ron Ng
Kenneth Ma
Roger Kwok
Wayne Lai
Kevin Cheng
Ruco Chan
Raymond Lam
Bosco Wong
+ 3 more (probably Bobby, Adam, and Damien will be nominated too)

Best Actress (15 in total):
Charmaine Sheh
Maggie Siu
Niki Chow
Myolie Wu
Selena Li
Linda Chung
Tavia Yeung
Fala Chen
Sharon Chan
Natalie Tong
Aimee Chan
Kristal Tin
+ 3 more (probably Sonija and Kate will be nominated too)

I won't indicate which series they will be nominated for, because that involves too much guessing!

#8 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6931 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

I only root for 4 people

Kenneth Ma
Tavia Yeung
Linda Cheung
Natalie Tong

That all i will root for if they are nominated

#9 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

@Ryopus Queenie is considered lead but you are right, tvb is unlikely to nominate her in best actress award category... for sure. As for leila, she should be lead if i am not wrong. not sure about her... but she has left tvb so it's fine. the above list is not accurate anyway Posted Image since it's fan made by me. let's wait for the actual list and it will be easier. there are too many possible nominees now, we don't know who is main or support, we can only guess it by their name of placing, and i agree with the few names you listed out that will get a nomination spot.

Edited by Mr. Skull, 10 June 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#10 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

Likely top 5 and winner:

TV King

Raymond - High & Low (TVB's pick to win)
Ma ming - hippocratic
Kevin - ghetto 2
Wayne - confidant
Damian - Silver Spoon or Ruco - Ruse of Engagement

TV Queen

Tavia - hippocratic or Silver Spoon (TVB's pick to win)
Myolie - ghetto 2
Fala - Queen
Linda - one of her series
Kate - High & Low

Favourite Role

Ma Ming - Hippocratic
Tavia, Kate, Linda or Fala - one of their series

Best Series

Hippocratic Crush
Silver Spoon - maybe this will win?
High & Low
Tiger Cubs
Confidant

Most Improved Male

Him Law - might win
Benjamin Yuen
William Chak
Edwin Siu
Oscar Leung or Vincent Wong or Mc jin

Most Improved Female

Mandy Wong - might win
JJ Jia
Cilla Kung
Katy Kung
Lin xia wei

Best Supporting Actress

Nancy Wu - Gloves Come off - deserve to win
Elena Kong
Elaine Yiu - bottled Passion

Edited by selliesellie, 26 June 2012 - 04:48 AM.

#11 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

TV King

Raymond - High & Low (TVB's pick to win)
Ma ming - hippocratic
Kevin - ghetto 2
Wayne - confidant
Damian - Silver Spoon or Ruco - Ruse of Engagement

Micheal Tse stands for a chance with ST. And dun forget Moses Chan still has War and Beauty 2. Joe Ma has just came back to Txb, so he has a chance, too.

TV Queen

Tavia - hippocratic or Silver Spoon (TVB's pick to win)
Myolie - ghetto 2
Fala - Queen
Linda - one of her series
Kate - High & Low

You forgot Michelle Yim in The Confidant and Niki who signed with Txb. They will stand for a chance. And also can't put out Sheren Tang and Ada Choi if War and Beauty 2 is aired. Idy Chan can make a place if Damien can be nominated with the SSSS series (if it is aired). The new signed actresses like Elaine Ng also can put a hand. Personally, I hope Michelle Yim will win again because I still can rmb how good she was at Cuxi in 12 Qing kings.

Favourite Role

Ma Ming - Hippocratic
Tavia, Kate, Linda or Fala - one of their series

Lolz, it's up to the rating of next series. This one is like a candy to give to the loser of the big awards.

Best Series

Hippocratic Crush
Silver Spoon - maybe this will win?
High & Low
Tiger Cubs
Confidant

I dun think Tiger Cubs will have a chance. Still have some highlighted series of this year so these 5 might have some name out.

Most Improved Male

Him Law - might win
Benjamin Yuen
William Chak
Edwin Siu
Oscar Leung or Vincent Wong or Mc jin

If I rmb rite, Edwin Siu, Vincent Wong and MC Jin are nominated last year. MC Jin won, didn't he? In this case, they won't be nominated again this year. And with the promotion of Filmko and Txb, Him Him will win for sure. It's predicted.

Most Improved Female

Mandy Wong - might win
JJ Jia
Cilla Kung
Katy Kung
Lin xia wei

Mandy and Cilla were nominated last year, I doubt they will be included in this year's list. And without them, the winner is JJ Jia for sure.

For the supporting awards, Txb is hard to predict.

For the show, Bridge wannabe is the winner? I guess. There is no outstanding show this year so Bridge wannabe will win.

#12 PermRight

PermRight

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Charmaine Sheh is highly likely to enter Top 5 Best Actresses for her performance in When Heaven Burns.

#13 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

@Angie May I am sure mandy and cilla will nominate again... it's not like there's a limtitation that one can only be nominated one time for this award. Sharon, Selena, Natalie, Elaine are great examples.

My prediction of top 5.

[Best Actor]
: Raymond Lam (Highs and Lows)
: Michael Tse (Sergeant Tabloid)
: Kenneth Ma (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
: Wayne Lai (The Confidant)
: Kevin Cheng - (Ghetto Justice 2)

Candidates that may stand a chance
: Michael Miu (Highs and Lows)
: Joe Ma (Tiger Cubs)
: Damian Lau (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
: Ron Ng (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
: Ruco Chan (No Good Either Way)
: Bosco Wong (Witness Insecurity)
: Raymond Wong (Bottled Passion)

i personally think tvb will give raymond lam the tv king award as he is their favorite son... it's a fight between kenneth and raymond anyway for this year... Wayne and Damian reamins as a dark horse to be look out for... after all Wayne is a 2 time award garnerer. Kevin's chances will be low this year along with bosco... Ron and Ruco i felt might also be the two silent killer... that might be expected in the top 5.

[Best Actress]
: Tavia Yeung (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
: Myolie Wu (Ghetto Justice 2)
: Michelle Yim (The Confidant)
: Linda Chung (House of Harmony and Vengeance)
: Fala Chen (Queens of Diamonds and Hearts)

: Kate Tsui (Highs and Lows)
: Charmaine Sheh (When Heaven Burns)
: Maggie Siu (Master of Play)
: Elaine Ng (Highs and Lows)
: Niki Chow (Sergeant Tabloid)
: Kristal Tin (King Maker)

It's pretty clear cut and obvious tvb is pushing Tavia to win this award this year, the biggest competitor for her would be the veterans the may nominate like Charmaine Sheh, Michelle Yim, Maggie Siu and Elaine Ng. For Myolie, this year is clearly not her year, she has won it last year so it's okay for her i guess. And regarding Linda, Fala, and Kate. Not anytime soon sorry. Niki might also stand a chance to make it to top 5 as tvb wants her to stay, but her winning chances won't be high for sure.

[Best Supporting Actor]
: Oscar Leung (L'Escargot)
: Edwin Siu (Daddy Good Deeds)
: Jason Chan (No Good Either Way)
: Mat Yeung (Master of Play)
: ?

I have a feeling this award will go to Jason Chan, i also think he will be a sure in for top 5 regarding this award. As, tvb is lacking siusangs and jason is already getting his lead role. This award might be given to him to boost him to a higher height... although i would preety much prefer Edwin or Mat. The list above is not accurate, and it is just my prediction... i am sure most of the silver casts will nominate in this category.

[Best Supporting Actress]
: Aimee Chan (Master of Play)
: Nancy Wu (Gloves Come Off)
: Elena Kong (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
: Florence Kwok (No Good Either Way)
: Mandy Wong (L'Escargot)

: Sire Ma (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
: Rebecca Zhu (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
: JJ Jia (House of Harmony and Vengeance)
: Mary Hon (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
: Rachel Kan (Master of Play)
: Elaine Yiu (Bottled Passion)
: Rebecca Chan (Bottled Passion)
: etc ...

Will this award finally be awarded to Nancy Wu or Elena Kong? or will it be given to heavily promoted actress like Aimee Chan, or Mandy Wong to rise them to higher height? i am sure these four will nominate in the top 5... especially aimee, mandy and nancy. Mandy's kan yee sou is a hit. Nancy's Ah Ding received huge applauds, Aimee's Role in master of play is challenging enough... Other than these few, i think Rebecca Zhu, Sire Ma, Elaine Yiu or JJ Jia will also fill in the slot... but they won't have a chance of winning. This year is most likely going to be the young girls competeting for this award instead of the veterans.

[My Favorite Male Character]
: Ruco Chan (No Good Either Way)
: Kenneth Ma (The Hippocratic Crush)
: Raymond Lam (Three Kingdoms RPG)
: Wayne Lai (King Maker)
: Kevin Cheng (Ghetto Justice 2)

: Ron Ng (L'Escargot), Michael Tse (Sergeant Tabloid), Bosco Wong (Witness Insecurity), Raymond Wong (Gloves Come Off)

This award counts on the popularity of an actor. In this case, i am betting on Kenneth, Raymond, Kevin, Wayne and Ruco. Ron, Michael and Bosco might also stand a chance... Winning wise... i don't think tvb is ready to give ruco this award... so i am probably gonna bet on kenneth v.s raymond lam. Kevin has already won it last year... not sure if tvb is gonna give it to him again... but he is still a dangerous dark horse for this one.

[My Favorite Female Character]
: Tavia Yeung (The Hippocratic Crush)
: Myolie Wu (Ghetto Justice 2)
: Fala Chen (Queens of Diamonds and Hearts)
: Linda Chung (Daddy Good Deeds)
: Aimee Chan (Master of Play)

: Kate Tsui (Highs and Lows), Niki Chow (Sergeant Tabloid), Mandy Wong (L'Escargot)

If Tavia loses the best actress award, i am sure this one will be a bonus to her. Kate has always been kicked out of the top 5 of this category... i wonder if this year would be the same for her... Niki & Mandy may have a chance competing as their roles are quite well received by the public... I also think aimee is a sure in for this one... although she doesn't deserve it. winning wise, i am betting on Tavia v.s Myolie. With Linda serving as a dark horse.

[Most Improved Actor]
: Him Law (L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Tiger Cubs)
: Benjamin Yuen (Til Love Do Us Lie, The Hippocratic Crush)
: Vincent Wong (Wish and Switch, Tiger Cubs)
: William Chak (L'Escargot, Let it Be Love, Daddy Good Deeds, Gloves Come Off, House of Harmony and Vengeance, No Good Either Way, Tiger Cubs)
: Sammy Shum (Til Love Do Us Lie, The Greatness of a Hero, Master of Play, King Maker)

: Nathan Ngai, Ronald Law, etc

It's a fight between him and benjamin for this one... him have the highest chance though... and no doubt i am also rooting for him... but if benjamin win it instead... i won't mind as well... i also predict that nathan might be a suprise nominator..

[Most Improved Actress]
: Mandy Wong (L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Tiger Cubs)
: Cilla Kung (Daddy Good Deeds, Witness Insecurity)
: Kathy Kung (Bottled Passion, Gloves Come Off, No Good Either Way)
: Samantha Ko (Daddy Good Deeds, Gloves Come Off, Three Kingdoms RPG)
: JJ Jia (L'Escargot, House of Harmony and Vengeance, Tiger Cubs, Ghetto Justice 2)

: Rebecca Zhu, Angel Chiang, Lin Xiawei, Tina Shek, Leung Kaki, etc

Will this award finally goes to Mandy's hand or will it be JJ or Cilla? this award is hard to predict for this year, as Mandy has wide range of publicity and events endorsed by tvb and also includes having a hit role in one of her series not to mention, most of her series are doing well in viewership, and jj has a wide variety of series with different genres so it's a draw between these two. Winning wise, i am betting on mandy as she is fully tvb contracted artsite while jj is not (but she has a chance too)... Cilla is most likely the dark horse...

[Best Series]
: The Hippocratic Crush
: Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles
: Highs and Lows
: Tiger Cubs
: ?

Left an empty slot for the last one... for now, i think The Hippocratic Crush is a sure in... and it's going to be a fight between it and Silver spoon. Winning wise, I think hippocratic will have a higher chance as a sequel has already been planned for it.

this is my prediction... and the names in red are the ones i feel have a strong chance winning and the ones in blue are the left out ones that i felt have a good chance making it to the top 5 ...

Edited by Mr. Skull, 26 June 2012 - 06:09 PM.

• Tvb4ever and Moon Star like this

#14 PermRight

PermRight

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

Fala probably won't enter top 5 in both categories.

#15 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

^^

i personally think tvb will give raymond lam the tv king award as he is their favorite son... it's a fight between kenneth and raymond anyway for this year... Wayne and Damian reamins as a dark horse to be look out for... after all Wayne is a 2 time award garnerer. Kevin's chances will be low this year along with bosco... Ron and Ruco i felt might also be the two silent killer... that might be expected in the top 5.

Since Myolie won last year, Txb dun have any problem if they give it to LF - who is also the leader for his generation (in term of promotion and also in term of popularity). It isn't hard to predict that there won't be much noises if he wins because it's about time and this year, there is no "phenomena" like Wayne few years ago. Damien, even with the highly supported Catch me now, can't have anything, so I doubt he'll have something. KC has just won last year and it's why he won't. Bosco, Ron, MM, I doubt that Txb will give this award to them before LF because whatever, LF has higher market value than them and a larger fanbase, too. Giving it to either Bosco, Ron, MM before LF can make LF to go (he can) and I doubt that Txb wants such thing to happen. Lolz, look at last year, no LF in Txb TV award and then 4 awards for him in JSG as consolation. It showed. Or looking at Michael Tse's case in 2010 and 2011. He was a phenomena with high rating series on hand, but in the end, he lost. Ruco and Raymond Wong's chance is even lower. Then, the only real challenge to LF is that his series can have remarkable rating, or not. Just with high rating, dun need to be the highest, he'll have the trophy on hand. BTW, I don't think he thinks much about it. If he thinks of the award this much, he won't sign a contract to act 1 series per year with Txb like now. Whatever, he has another career outside Txb so he dun really need Txb's award. Just that being a Txb managed artist and having so many rumours of winning this Best actor award in the past, I blv he wants to win finally to stop these things. The real rival of him this year, is Wayne, in my opinion. Wayne has age, fame and promotion. He is having an anniversary series on hand (such thing never happened to LF). So not MM at all because it isn't MM's time. Ron has the lowest chance among them because Txb seems not fave him anymore. Txb consider the market value quite a lot.

It's pretty clear cut and obvious tvb is pushing Tavia to win this award this year, the biggest competitor for her would be the veterans the may nominate like Charmaine Sheh, Michelle Yim, Maggie Siu and Elaine Ng. For Myolie, this year is clearly not her year, she has won it last year so it's okay for her i guess. And regarding Linda, Fala, and Kate. Not anytime soon sorry. Niki might also stand a chance to make it to top 5 as tvb wants her to stay, but her winning chances won't be high for sure.

Such thing is also an obvious intention. The intention of Txb to let her to win is quite clear this year. 3 or 4 series feature her appearance? I don't rmb. Her real rival is Michelle Yim - a veteran with a past of winning. Charmaine can be a black horse because she still has good relationship with Txb. Same to Sheren and Ada if War and Beauty 2 is aired. Myolie might stand for a chance but lower because of last year's victory. Lower than them are Niki, Linda, Fala, Kate, Elaine Ng and also Aimee.

For the Fav chac, who lose in Best actor/actress will win. But be careful, maybe it's a double victory :D. Txb is Txb. Personally, I choose LF and Michelle to win and then pair up in a series as a couple. Lolz, it would be interesting!

For the Supporting, like I've said, Txb is hard to predict. They can give it to Fala twice, then whoever can win it.

For the Most improved, I rmb there is a rule of Txb from last year to not nominate the ones who were in top 5 of last year for this award. But if they lack the nomination, they can change it if like. I hope Elaine Yiu to win and be promoted again but I know her chance is quite low. You forgot Matt Yeung who has just had some fame come back. JJ Jia dun sign with Txb but she is Uncle 4's fave :). It means her chance is very high.

For the best series, if take sequel as a factor, can A great way to care stand for a chance since it is having a sequel :P? I blv the winner shall be one of the series which aired from Aug to Nov. Last year the series with Chilam and Myolie I dun rmb name has highest rating in the first half of the year but end up with nothing, even not in top 5 of best series. Then, still have to wait.

#16 Transition

Transition

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4604 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Fala's role in "Queens of Diamonds and Hearts" didn't get much hype and she was actually said to be miscast as Chung Mo Yim. It was aired very early in the year too, so unless TVB tries to make it so obvious that they are biased and put her in top 5 I think she will be out of top 5 this year.

If Beauty At War airs this year then I think Ada, Sheren and Moses will be in top 5 in many categories but since producer Chik takes a longer time with his post-production work I think it will most likely air next year instead.

My prediction:

[Best Drama]
-The Hippocratic Crush
-The Greatness Of A Hero (TVB can't possibly ignore its good ratings and good word of mouth)
-Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles
-Highs and Lows
-The Confidant

My prediction on the winning series: It depends on how the ratings and word of mouth are for Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles and The Confidant, if they are good then it will most likely go to either of them since TVB has invested quite a lot of money in those two series.

[Best Actor]
- Damian Lau (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
- Raymond Lam (Highs and Lows)
- Michael Miu (Highs and Lows)
- Kevin Cheng (Ghetto Justice II)
- Wayne Lai (King Makers/The Confidant)

Winner: Wayne Lai has gotten the award two times already so I doubt the award will go to him. The same goes to Kevin. Damian Lau usually won't come to the award ceremony but he has said before that Silver Spoon Sterling Shackles is the series he has put the most effort in, so he might come this time. So I think the three with the greatest chance of getting the award are Raymond Lam, Michael Miu and Damian Lau.

[Best Actress]
-Myolie Wu (Ghetto Justice II)
-Tavia Yeung (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
-Michelle Yim (The Confidant)
-Kate Tsui (Highs and Lows)
-Maggie Siu (The Confidant)

Winner: It is usually the best actress award that get the most hype but this year there just doesn't seem to be many strong contenders, so I'm more interested in who is going to get Best Actor Award. Nevertheless, I think the award will most likely go to Tavia Yeung.

-Kenneth Ma (The Hippocratic Crush/Three Kingdoms RPG)
-Kevin Cheng (Ghetto Justice II)
-Raymond Lam (Highs and Lows)
-Ron Ng (Silver Spoon Sterling Shackles)
-Ruco Chan (Ruse of Engagement)

Winner: Kenneth Ma. His popularity has really risen a lot this year, so I think he has the highest chance of getting it.

-Tavia Yeung (The Hippocratic Crush)
-Linda Chung (Daddy Good Deeds)
-Niki Chow (Sergeant Tabloid)

Winner: Kate Tsui. Her character seems interesting and challenging from I have read so far. I think TVB won't want to make the same result as last year where Myolie grabbed two awards so I don't think they will give this one to Tavia.

[Best Supporting Actor]
-Ben Wong (Highs and Lows/Silver Spoon Sterling Shackles)
-Louis Yuen (No Good Either Way)
-Oscar Leung (L'Escargot)
-Vincent Wong (Silver Spoon Sterling Shackles/Tiger Cubs)
-Pierre Ngo (King Makers)

Winner: I don't think Ben will take this for two years consecutively so I'm guessing on Oscar Leung.

-Nancy Wu (Gloves Come Off)
-Mandy Wong (L'Escargot)
-Aimee Chan (Master of Play)
-Rebecca Chan (Master of Play/Bottled Passion)
-Elena Kong (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)

Winner: Aimee Chan. Her character is different from her usual ones and a lot of people have praised her that she has made a great leap in her acting. Since she is also one of the promoted actresses right now I think it will be her.

[Most Improved Actor]
- Him Law (L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Tiger Cubs)
-Matt Yeung (Daddy Good Deeds, Master of Play, No Good Either Way)
-Benjamin Yuen (Til Love Do Us Lie, The Hippocratic Crush, Gloves Come Off, Tiger Cubs)
-William Chak (Gloves Come Off, House Of Harmony and Vengeance, Tiger Cubs, Sergeant Tabloid)
-Vincent Wong (Wish and Switch, Tiger Cubs, Sergeant Tabloid, Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)

Winner: Him Law or Vincent Wong. Depending on whether TVB wants to give it to their own managed artist or use this award as "a gift" to persuade Him Law to sign with them.

[Most Improved Actress]
-Mandy Wong (L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Tiger Cubs, Sergeant Tabloid)
-Cilla Kung (Daddy Good Deeds, Three Kingdoms RPG, Witness Insecurity, The Confidant)
-JJ Jia (L'Escargot, House of Harmony and Vengeance, Tiger Cubs, Ghetto Justice II)
-Katy Kung (Bottled Passion, Gloves Come Off, No Good Either Way)
-Rebecca Zhu (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)

Winner: This one is hard. Though Mandy Wong is the better one among them I can't really predict what TVB will do this time. Will they give it to the one with better acting or the one with greater popularity (Cilla Kung and JJ Jia)?
Katy Kung has potential but I think she has greater chance next year with "Beauty at War". As for Rebecca Zhu I don't think she will get it this year since she only has one series so far, but with the history of TVB giving it to MC Jin and Niki Chow who had only filmed 1 or 2 series for them at that time, I can't say I'm 100% sure about that.

Edited by Transition, 27 June 2012 - 10:44 AM.

• Tvb4ever likes this

#17 PermRight

PermRight

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Fala's role in "Queens of Diamonds and Hearts" didn't get much hype and she was actually said to be miscast as Chung Mo Yim. It was aired very early in the year too, so unless TVB tries to make it so obvious that they are biased and put her in top 5 I think she will be out of top 5 this year.

If Beauty At War airs this year then I think Ada, Sheren and Moses will be in top 5 in many categories but since producer Chik takes a longer time with his post-production work I think it will most likely air next year instead.

My prediction:

[Best Drama]
-The Hippocratic Crush
-The Greatness Of A Hero (TVB can't possibly ignore its good ratings and good word of mouth)
-Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles
-Highs and Lows
-The Confidant

My prediction on the winning series: It depends on how the ratings and word of mouth are for Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles and The Confidant, if they are good then it will most likely go to either of them since TVB has invested quite a lot of money in those two series.

[Best Actor]
- Damian Lau (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
- Raymond Lam (Highs and Lows)
- Michael Miu (Highs and Lows)
- Kevin Cheng (Ghetto Justice II)
- Wayne Lai (King Makers/The Confidant)

Winner: Wayne Lai has gotten the award two times already so I doubt the award will go to him. The same goes to Kevin. Damian Lau usually won't come to the award ceremony but he has said before that Silver Spoon Sterling Shackles is the series he has put the most effort in, so he might come this time. So I think the three with the greatest chance of getting the award are Raymond Lam, Michael Miu and Damian Lau.

[Best Actress]
-Tavia Yeung (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
-Michelle Yim (The Confidant)
-Maggie Siu (The Confidant)

Winner: It is usually the best actress award that get the most hype but this year there just doesn't seem to be many strong contenders, so I'm more interested in who is going to get Best Actor Award. Nevertheless, I think the award will most likely go to Tavia Yeung.

-Kenneth Ma (The Hippocratic Crush/Three Kingdoms RPG)
-Kevin Cheng (Ghetto Justice II)
-Raymond Lam (Highs and Lows)
-Ron Ng (Silver Spoon Sterling Shackles)
-Ruco Chan (Ruse of Engagement)

Winner: Kenneth Ma. His popularity has really risen a lot this year, so I think he has the highest chance of getting it.

-Tavia Yeung (The Hippocratic Crush)
-Linda Chung (Daddy Good Deeds)
-Niki Chow (Sergeant Tabloid)

Winner: Kate Tsui. Her character seems interesting and challenging from I have read so far. I think TVB won't want to make the same result as last year where Myolie grabbed two awards so I don't think they will give this one to Tavia.

[Best Supporting Actor]
-Ben Wong (Highs and Lows/Silver Spoon Sterling Shackles)
-Louis Yuen (No Good Either Way)
-Oscar Leung (L'Escargot)
-Vincent Wong (Silver Spoon Sterling Shackles/Tiger Cubs)
-Pierre Ngo (King Makers)

Winner: I don't think Ben will take this for two years consecutively so I'm guessing on Oscar Leung.

-Nancy Wu (Gloves Come Off)
-Mandy Wong (L'Escargot)
-Aimee Chan (Master of Play)
-Rebecca Chan (Master of Play/Bottled Passion)
-Elena Kong (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)

Winner: Aimee Chan. Her character is different from her usual ones and a lot of people have praised her that she has made a great leap in her acting. Since she is also one of the promoted actresses right now I think it will be her.

[Most Improved Actor]
- Him Law (L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Tiger Cubs)
-Matt Yeung (Daddy Good Deeds, Master of Play, No Good Either Way)
-Benjamin Yuen (Til Love Do Us Lie, The Hippocratic Crush, Gloves Come Off, Tiger Cubs)
-William Chak (Gloves Come Off, House Of Harmony and Vengeance, Tiger Cubs, Sergeant Tabloid)
-Vincent Wong (Wish and Switch, Tiger Cubs, Sergeant Tabloid, Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)

Winner: Him Law or Vincent Wong. Depending on whether TVB wants to give it to their own managed artist or use this award as "a gift" to persuade Him Law to sign with them.

[Most Improved Actress]
-Mandy Wong (L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Tiger Cubs, Sergeant Tabloid)
-Cilla Kung (Daddy Good Deeds, Three Kingdoms RPG, Witness Insecurity, The Confidant)
-JJ Jia (L'Escargot, House of Harmony and Vengeance, Tiger Cubs, Ghetto Justice II)
-Katy Kung (Bottled Passion, Gloves Come Off, No Good Either Way)
-Rebecca Zhu (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)

Winner: This one is hard. Though Mandy Wong is the better one among them I can't really predict what TVB will do this time. Will they give it to the one with better acting or the one with greater popularity (Cilla Kung and JJ Jia)?
Katy Kung has potential but I think she has greater chance next year with "Beauty at War". As for Rebecca Zhu I don't think she will get it this year since she only has one series so far, but with the history of TVB giving it to MC Jin and Niki Chow who had only filmed 1 or 2 series for them at that time, I can't say I'm 100% sure about that.

I hope Damien gets Best Actor this year as he worked hard on-screen and off-screen for the series. Few actors in TVB have acting skills on par with his.

Fala will enter Top 5 in either category, but probably not both. She did a satisfactory job in Queens and that's enough for TVB to put her in top 5.

#18 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

My predicted top 15 lists...
names in red are my predicted top 5.
names in blue are the ones that i think may be able to get a spot in top 5.
names in green are the one that i think are likely to win.

[Best Actor]
1) Eddie Cheung (Til Love Do Us Lie)
2) Michael Miu (L'Escargot)
3) Roger Kwok (Queens of Diamonds and Hearts)
4) Raymond Wong (Gloves Come Off)
5) Adam Cheng (Master of Play)
6) Moses Chan (Master of Play)
7) Bosco Wong (Witness Insecurity)
8) Kevin Cheng (Ghetto Justice II)
9) Michael Tse (Sergeant Tabloid)
10) Ruco Chan (Ruse of Engagement)
11) Raymond Lam (Highs and Lows)
12) Wayne Lai (The Confidant)
13) Damian Lau (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
14) Kenneth Ma (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
15) Ron Ng (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)

Top 5: Kevin Cheng, Raymond Lam, Wayne Lai, Damian Lau, Kenneth Ma
Dark Horses: Adam Cheng, Moses Chan, Michael Tse, Ruco Chan, Ron Ng
Who will win: Raymond Lam or Damian Lau or Moses Chan

[Best Actress]
1) Charmaine Sheh (When Heaven Burns)
2) Sonjia Kwok (L'Escargot)
3) Fala Chen (Queens of Diamonds and Hearts)
4) Selena Li (Gloves Come Off)
5) Linda Chung (House of Harmony and Vengeance)
6) Maggie Siu (Master of Play)
7) Myolie Wu (Ghetto Justice II)
8) Kristal Tin (King Maker)
9) Niki Chow (Sergeant Tabloid)
10) Louise Lee (Ruse of Engagement)
11) Elaine Ng (Highs and Lows)
12) Kate Tsui (Highs and Lows)
13) Michelle Yim (The Confidant)
14) Tavia Yeung (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
15) Idy Chan (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)

Top 5: Charmaine Sheh, Linda Chung, Myolie Wu, Michelle Yim, Tavia Yeung
Dark Horses: Fala Chen, Kate Tsui
Who will win: Michelle Yim or Tavia Yeung

[Best Supporting Actor] (This one was super hard to list out ... this is all i got for now)
1) Oscar Leung (L'Escargot)
2) Derek Kwok (The Hippocratic Crush)
3) Edwin Siu (Daddy Good Deeds)
4) Power Chan (Gloves Come Off)
5) Evergreen Mak (House of Harmony and Vengeance)
6) Kenny Wong (Master of Play)
7) Mat Yeung (Master of Play)
8) Louis Yuen (No Good Either Way)
9) Jason Chan (No Good Either Way)
10) Ram Tseung (Witness Insecurity)
11) Law Lok Lam (Three Kingdoms RPG)
12) Sam Lee (Ghetto Justice II)
13) Pierre Ngo (King Maker)
14) Ben Wong (Highs and Lows)
15) Raymond Cho (The Confidant)

Top 5: Oscar Leung, Edwin Siu, Jason Chan, Pierre Ngo, Ben Wong
Dark Horses: Kenny Wong, Louis Yuen, Sam Lee
Who will win: Oscar Leung or Jason Chan or Pierre Ngo

1) Angela Tong (When Heaven Burns)
2) Elaine Yiu (Bottled Passion)
3) Mandy Wong (L'Escargot)
4) Gigi Wong (The Hippocratic Crush)
5) Rebecca Chan (The Greatness of a Hero)
6) Nancy Wu (Gloves Come Off)
7) Yoyo Chen (House of Harmony and Vengeance)
8) Aimee Chan (Master of Play)
9) Rachel Kan (Master of Play)
10) Florence Kwok (No Good Either Way)
11) Sharon Chan (Three Kingdoms RPG)
12) Natalie Tong (The Confidant)
13) Elena Kong (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
14) Sire Ma (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
15) Mary Hon (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)

Top 5: Mandy Wong, Nancy Wu, Aimee Chan, Florence Kwok, Elena Kong
Dark Horses: Sharon Chan, Natalie Tong, Sire Ma
Who will win: Mandy Wong or Aimee Chan

[My Favorite Male Character] (This one was super hard to list out ... this is all i got for now)
1) Eddie Cheung (Til Love Do Us Lie)
2) Michael Miu (L'Escargot)
3) Moses Chan (Let it Be Love)
4) Kenneth Ma (The Hippocratic Crush)
5) Roger Kwok (Queens of Diamonds and Hearts)
6) Louis Yuen (Queens of Diamonds and Hearts)
7) Edwin Siu (Daddy Good Deeds)
8) Raymond Wong (Gloves Come Off)
9) Ruco Chan (No Good Either Way)
10) Bosco Wong (Witness Insecurity)
11) Kevin Cheng (Ghetto Justice II)
12) Michael Tse (Sergeant Tabloid)
13) Raymond Lam (Highs and Lows)
14) Wayne Lai (The Confidant)
15) Ron Ng (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)

Top 5: Kenneth Ma, Ruco Chan, Kevin Cheng, Raymond Lam, Wayne Lai
Dark Horses: Moses Chan, Edwin Siu, Bosco Wong, Michael Tse, Ron Ng
Who will win: Kenneth Ma or Kevin Cheng or Raymond Lam or Wayne Lai

[My Favorite Female Character] (This one was super hard to list out ... this is all i got for now)
1) Charmaine Sheh (When Heaven Burns)
2) Selena Li (Wish and Switch)
3) Sonjia Kwok (L'Escargot)
4) Mandy Wong (L'Escargot)
5) Fala Chen (Queens of Diamonds and Hearts)
6) Sharon Chan (Queens of Diamonds and Hearts)
7) Tavia Yeung (The Hippocratic Crush)
8) Linda Chung (Daddy Good Deeds)
9) Kristal Tin (No Good Either Way)
10) Myolie Wu (Ghetto Justice II)
11) Niki Chow (Sergeant Tabloid)
12) Aimee Chan (Ruse of Engagement)
13) Kate Tsui (Highs and Lows)
14) Michelle Yim (The Confidant)
15) Maggie Siu (The Confidant)

Top 5: Charmaine Sheh, Tavia Yeung, Linda Chung, Myolie Wu, Aimee Chan
Dark Horses: Fala Chen, Niki Chow, Kate Tsui, Michelle Yim
Who will win: Tavia Yeung or Linda Chung or Myolie Wu

names in green are the one i feel predict will win.
names in orange are the one i predict will be a hot favorite.
names in purple are the one i predict will be a dark horse.

[Most Improved Actor]
1) Him Law (L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Tiger Cubs)
2) Benjamin Yuen (Til Love Do Us Lie, The Hippocratic Crush, Gloves Come Off, Tiger Cubs)
3) Vincent Wong (Wish and Switch, Tiger Cubs, Sergeant Tabloid, Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
4) William Chak (Gloves Come Off, House Of Harmony and Vengeance, Tiger Cubs, Sergeant Tabloid)
5) Sammy Shum (Til Love Do Us Lie, The Greatness of a Hero, Master of Play, King Maker)

Hot Favorite: Him Law, Benjamin Yuen
Dark Horses: Vincent Wong
Who will win: Him Law

[Most Improved Actress]
1) Mandy Wong (L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Tiger Cubs, Sergeant Tabloid)
2) Cilla Kung (Daddy Good Deeds, Three Kingdoms RPG, Witness Insecurity, The Confidant)
3) JJ Jia (L'Escargot, House of Harmony and Vengeance, Tiger Cubs, Ghetto Justice II, Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
4) Katy Kung (Bottled Passion, Gloves Come Off, No Good Either Way)
5) Samantha Ko (Daddy Good Deeds, Gloves Come Off, Three Kingdoms RPG)

Hot Favorite: Mandy Wong
Dark Horses: Cilla Kung, JJ Jia
Who will win: Mandy Wong or JJ Jia

Edited by Mr. Skull, 28 June 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#19 PermRight

PermRight

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Sonija Kwok and Louise Lee have less chance of getting nominated than Aimee Chan. Louise's character in Ruse of Engagement isn't significant as she didn't really appear much in the trailer. Her character is merely the mother of the 2 main characters.

#20 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

Ruse of Engagement also has Yoyo Mung as female lead.

#21 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

I heard Aimee's role is bigger than Yoyo's in Ruse.

Still think that this year TVB will push Raymond Lam and Tavia to be TV King and Queen together. If High & Low air between Sept-Nov, it's more evident. Tavia: well she has the to be anniversary series Silver Spoon.

#22 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

^ There is no confirmation for the airing date of both Highs and Lows and SSSS. Nothing to sure that these 2 will be aired this year. HAL at least is said by MC Jin and Ben Wong to release soon, SSSS has no info. And being an anni series isnta uarantee for winning because it's up to the rating as well.

#23 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

The media is already mentioning that Raymond, Kevin, Wayne, Adam and Moses will fight for TV King.

Poor Ma ming left behind. Hippocratic airing too early? Hope he can still be a dark horse

#24 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

^ probably because MM's status isnt up to the level. He only has leading role this year and fanbase, too. In his peers, there are ppl with higher market value and these ppl will win before him. MM's time hasnt come yet.

#25 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Ma Ming has a higher chance in fav male char award.
  • selliesellie likes this

#26 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

Ma Ming has a higher chance in fav male char award.

TVB might make this:

TV King - Raymond
Fav Male - ma ming
TV Queen - Tavia
Fav Female - maybe Kate since she get a breakthrough role in High&Low and Virginia likes her

#27 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

yea^ i agree. i have the same prediction as you too.

and also
for
best supporting actor: Oscar Leung (Huge exposure and series line up next year is sort of the evidence already.)
best supporting actress: Aimee Chan (may be a award that will confirm her status for leading roles next year)
most improved actor: Him Law (same as oscar, high exposure)
most improved actress: Mandy Wong (I remember miss lok listed her in one of her interviews as the next promoted star, so she has a good chance unless they wanna give it to jj jia)

above are my prediction.

Edited by Mr. Skull, 05 July 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#28 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

TVB has a plenty of nonsense awards that can give as extra candy. For example, the performance something. And can create one or more.

If Oscar Leung wins the best supporting, I'll feel happy :D. I always think of him as one of best actors that TVB is having but not promoting.

BTW, the winner might be Jason Chan because TVB is promoting him.

Wonder if next year Matt Yeung aka Yeung Ming can have big roles again?

#29 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

yea... i have a feeling tvb will give it to jason as well as stated in my earlier post...
i hope not because his acting is like so unnatural... i hope mat yeung will get more big roles :)
he absolutely can lead... and is much much more deserving than jason. as for female supporting
wise, i hope elena or nancy can get it already... but knowing tvb... chances are likely to go to aimee
and mandy.

#30 Caramel apples

Caramel apples

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

i hope aimee doesnt win best supporting award!!!! Nancy is overdue for that award!

and fala chen only has 1 series this year (queens..something) so i dont think she would be in the top 5..well at least i hope she isnt in the top 5 because her acting isnt very good..

#31 bluejeans914

bluejeans914

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

I hope Kenneth and The Hippocratic Crush gets some recognition!

#32 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Current Prediction

Best Actor: Raymond Lam (If Fight Crime gets to air this year) OR Wayne Lai (The Confidant if it gets to air this year)
Best Actress: Tavia Yeung (If SSSS gets to air this year) OR Michelle Yim (The Confidant if it gets to air this year)
Best Supporting Actor: Jason Chan (No Good Either Way)
Best Supporting Actress: Aimee Chan (The Last Steep Aliment)
Most Improved Actor: Him Law
Most Improved Actress: Mandy Wong

#33 Transition

Transition

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4604 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Jason Chan's role wasn't that likeable in that series neither was his acting, from what I have read in different forums. I don't think the chance of him getting Best Supporting will be high, unless TVB really wants to promote him to the first line quickly and therefore rig the award result.

Edited by Transition, 19 July 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#34 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

i agree with your point regarding jason's role and acting skills ^ but it's tvb we are talking about. if they are gonna give him the award, i am not surprised as it will be a boost for him to reach the next level judging by how heavily promoted he is right now. another contender will be edwin or oscar who are more deserving than jason by all means.

Edited by Mr. Skull, 19 July 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#35 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7056 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

I do want FungYi to win TV King (H&L, BT3K) and TV Queen (THC, BT3K, SSSS), MingYi to win My Fav. Male+Female (THC, BT3K & SSSS), Best series to either SSSS or THC !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by FantasyMania, 19 July 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#36 swtvtgrl

swtvtgrl

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1674 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

The trend for the past two years is that the major awards are split between the two highly promoted series. So far, I don't know which series.

#37 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12344 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

^ one is The Confidant.

Now the time table is changed. No Sergeant Tabloids but Old Chip Off a Block, so wonder if HAL is still in end of Sep or not. Hope it is. Only series I look forward. If The Confidant does good, hope Michelle Yim will win again. My hope to see LF and Michelle Yim win together.

#38 Caramel apples

Caramel apples

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

Best actor: Raymond seems to have a good chance at winning best actor this year because his character in HAL seems pretty interesting. However, I do feel moses did surprisingly well this year especially in when heaven burns and master of play. I do not think moses is a brilliant actor (like wayne) but he deserves to win it more this year than when he won as duk duk dai.

Best actress: I always liked Tavia..before her yes sir no sir days. She was so pretty and elegant especially in ancient dramas. But after she started getting promoted after moonlight resonance her acting stayed really stagnant OR it was because she was casted in these boring roles that made me feel as if her acting stayed stagnant. Anyways, i do think Tavia is a good actress but she needs another breakthrough role. Maybe that sterling shackles silver something will do the trick? I also believe this is Tavia's year and there really is no other competition:

(a) Myolie won last year so byebye to her chances of winning this year
(b ) Linda's acting this year were pretty boring and blah; I am a Linda fan but her acting and roles in all her series this year were so-so. She was pretty good before especially her role in a journey called life but it seems as if she also has stayed stagnant and i think Linda should never do ancient roles again
(c ) Kate doesnt even have a series this year yet.. I never really liked Kate but her acting is so-so. I feel like she tends to overact. i feel like shes always giving me the evil eye with her glares. However I do believe she's a better actress than Fala who tends to underact
(d) Fala's acting is pretty raw. She tends to underact and it feels like she doesnt give it her all unlike Kate. She is really pretty though. I like to LOOK at her in a series because she's so gorgeous. I have no idea why she wins all the awards that she won. I do think she has potential and can become a really good actress in a few years but her acting should NOT be considered best actress material yet.

Best supporting actor should go to oscar leung no doubt. I'm hoping tvb doesnt give it to Jason like Mr. Skull mentioned (although I have a feeling it might happen)

Best supporting actress is a no brainer for me. NANCY WU of course! I am a Nancy fan because every role she's in she shines. She should have won since Gun Metal Grey (Fala did not deserve it over Nancy) but she really deserved the best supporting award last year with Forensic Heroes. Her acting was the best out of the entire cast and it was such a disappointment when she didnt win. This is Nancy's year especially with her mute character in Gloves come off and the upcoming the confident. Not aimee please. I think i will boycott every single series with aimee if she wins. How can it be convincing if aimee wins the award over Nancy or Elena?

Most improved actor: I want Vincent Wong to win but it seems as if everyone is betting on Him Law? Him is okay but I think he might deserve to win it more next year when his acting matures more. But noticing that Angie May said Chip off the old Block is airing, it seems as if TVB wants to give the award to Him to boost him up to 2nd line actor.

Most improved actress: I'm pretty sure its going to Mandy. Mandy was the hot contender last year but she lost to Sire Ma so this is going to be her year for sure!

I'm actually more interested in the best supporting and most improved category this year...again. Best actor/actress races are so boring nowadays maybe because none of the "hot contenders" really deserve it? (Unless veterans win). Many candidates in the supporting and improved category actually have better acting chops than the current siu sung and fa dans. How sad is that?

Edited by Caramel apples, 21 July 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#39 Guest_Mr. Skull_*

Guest_Mr. Skull_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Posted Image

Best Actor: Raymond Lam (Highs and Lows)
Best Actress: Tavia Yeung (Silver Spoons, Silver Shackles)
Best Supporting Actor: Jason Chan (No Good Either Way)
Best Supporting Actress: Aimee Chan (Master of Play OR The Last Steep Aliment)
My Favorite Male Character: Kenneth Ma (The Hippocratic Crush)
My Favorite Female Character: Kate Tsui (Highs and Lows)
Most Improved Actor: Him Law (L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Tiger Cubs, A Chip Off The Old Block II)
Most Improved Actress: Mandy Wong (L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Tiger Cubs, A Chip Off The Old Block II)

(My predicted winning list all along... that i think more than 80% of the winners i predicted will come true on the night)

Edited by Mr. Skull, 21 July 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#40 Caramel apples

Caramel apples

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Mr. Skull,

i am saddened to say that i agree tvb will give the supporting awards to aimee and jason Posted Image

Edited by Caramel apples, 23 July 2012 - 03:55 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tvb, tvb anniversary, 2012

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users