AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Who are the most disliked/least respect Asians?

25 replies to this topic

#1 Alleria

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

By other Asians? (not whites, blacks, etc).

-Mongolian
-Chinese
-Japanese
-Koreans
-Taiwanese

And why? And I should've said east Asians...northeast asians.

I have an opinion on this and I am willing to concur and argue with others (on a clean level) but i am very curious as what do the east asians think of each other?

#2 fefe 鸽子

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

each race has their haters and lovers and i think this is more of an opinion matter.
but maybe the Japanese, because they've conquered most of the other countries. <---note the "maybe".

#3 lilith.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

I'm going to place the disclaimer right now. Everything I say is going to be a GENERALIZATION and in no way reflects how I myself feel or how everyone feels towards the race. It is merely my interpretation of a number of other peoples' opinions. Also, sorry for how long this post is ^^;;

There was one incident where my mother and I entered a hair salon that happened to be Korean, and the lady asked "Are you Chinese?" (an odd question I might add). When we said "Yes" she started to ignore us completely. It was one of the rudest gestures I've ever experienced in my life. She then started to rant angrily to a customer she was treating. I myself am Taiwanese but I'm probably of Chinese blood, so I have no problem identifying with both cultures. Anyway, this goes to show that yes, there are racial biases against specific Asian ethnicities even amongst other Asians. Even so, I have never formed any biases against Koreans. Ironically, my boyfriend is Korean and we both love each other very much.

Sorry for straying off topic, but I felt it opportune of a time to share a personal experience for you all.

Back to your topic. I'm going to say that based on what I have gathered from other forums and people, the Asian country you listed that has the most negative feedback is actually Chinese (not Korean, if that's what you expected me to say). I myself honestly try hard not to judge others based on their ethnicity.

Chinese
They're usually bashed on the following terms (This is not my own opinion):
- for being rude, loud, obnoxious
- dressing nerdy, no sense of fashion
- ugly, flat nose, chubby face and stubby legs (mainly for guys)
- money-obsessed, gold-diggers (for girls)
- lousy government
- cheap products

Okay well I do have one opinion. I do think the Chinese government is not the most ideal in the way they treat their citizens. There are many fake products made by China even in terms of food that kill its citizens all over a bit more profit. I feel this attitude by the government is like a virus that will infect its citizens and make them feel the same--selfish and greedy. Therefore I really wish the Chinese government would change its attitudes because that would make Chinese people less hated around the world. That's just my two cents on that.

On terms of the other races, I'm going to contribute a bit as well. Again this is not my own opinion, but an opinion I feel is shared by others (if not by this board, by people I've met in real life or in other forums). So these are mere generalizations and nothing more.

Koreans
- too prideful, which is good but sometimes can lead them to act very cocky and rude. (i.e. my experience with the barber)
- exclusive, ignore those who are not Korean (this is mainly applied to "fobs")
I have a personal example relevant to this. One time in middle school, a Korean guy was flirting with me a whole lot and upon finding out I wasn't Korean myself, he completely ignored me. Kind of sad to be honest.
- "fake" and overly superficial (though this can be applied to any race)
- have the tendency to claim everything is theirs (this is something I commonly hear but only from more history-oriented or older folks)

Japanese
- commonly thought of as being "racist" (I've seen a sign in Japan that read "Dogs are allowed but no foreigners allowed". Things along those lines.)
- also hated because of what they did during their Imperialism days, conquering Korea and China and other nations and treating the innocent civilians terribly with extreme violence (That is why a lot of elderly Korean and Chinese hate Japanese)
- weird (but actually this can be a good thing too)

For Taiwanese, I really don't have much to say. I've heard that some people think Taiwanese girls try too hard. Others bash us for trying to be like Japan or "Japan worship". So I don't know..

Many may disagree with me, and I'm not saying that these are 100% accurate because they're not. It's just my own interpretation--as I previously stated.

I hope you find my information helpful. :]

#4 Alleria

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

View Postlilith., on 06 July 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

I'm going to place the disclaimer right now. Everything I say is going to be a GENERALIZATION and in no way reflects how I myself feel or how everyone feels towards the race. It is merely my interpretation of a number of other peoples' opinions. Also, sorry for how long this post is ^^;;

There was one incident where my mother and I entered a hair salon that happened to be Korean, and the lady asked "Are you Chinese?" (an odd question I might add). When we said "Yes" she started to ignore us completely. It was one of the rudest gestures I've ever experienced in my life. She then started to rant angrily to a customer she was treating. I myself am Taiwanese but I'm probably of Chinese blood, so I have no problem identifying with both cultures. Anyway, this goes to show that yes, there are racial biases against specific Asian ethnicities even amongst other Asians. Even so, I have never formed any biases against Koreans. Ironically, my boyfriend is Korean and we both love each other very much.

Sorry for straying off topic, but I felt it opportune of a time to share a personal experience for you all.

Back to your topic. I'm going to say that based on what I have gathered from other forums and people, the Asian country you listed that has the most negative feedback is actually Chinese (not Korean, if that's what you expected me to say). I myself honestly try hard not to judge others based on their ethnicity.

Chinese
They're usually bashed on the following terms (This is not my own opinion):
- for being rude, loud, obnoxious
- dressing nerdy, no sense of fashion
- ugly, flat nose, chubby face and stubby legs (mainly for guys)
- money-obsessed, gold-diggers (for girls)
- lousy government
- cheap products

Okay well I do have one opinion. I do think the Chinese government is not the most ideal in the way they treat their citizens. There are many fake products made by China even in terms of food that kill its citizens all over a bit more profit. I feel this attitude by the government is like a virus that will infect its citizens and make them feel the same--selfish and greedy. Therefore I really wish the Chinese government would change its attitudes because that would make Chinese people less hated around the world. That's just my two cents on that.

On terms of the other races, I'm going to contribute a bit as well. Again this is not my own opinion, but an opinion I feel is shared by others (if not by this board, by people I've met in real life or in other forums). So these are mere generalizations and nothing more.

Koreans
- too prideful, which is good but sometimes can lead them to act very cocky and rude. (i.e. my experience with the barber)
- exclusive, ignore those who are not Korean (this is mainly applied to "fobs")
I have a personal example relevant to this. One time in middle school, a Korean guy was flirting with me a whole lot and upon finding out I wasn't Korean myself, he completely ignored me. Kind of sad to be honest.
- "fake" and overly superficial (though this can be applied to any race)
- have the tendency to claim everything is theirs (this is something I commonly hear but only from more history-oriented or older folks)

Japanese
- commonly thought of as being "racist" (I've seen a sign in Japan that read "Dogs are allowed but no foreigners allowed". Things along those lines.)
- also hated because of what they did during their Imperialism days, conquering Korea and China and other nations and treating the innocent civilians terribly with extreme violence (That is why a lot of elderly Korean and Chinese hate Japanese)
- weird (but actually this can be a good thing too)

For Taiwanese, I really don't have much to say. I've heard that some people think Taiwanese girls try too hard. Others bash us for trying to be like Japan or "Japan worship". So I don't know..

Many may disagree with me, and I'm not saying that these are 100% accurate because they're not. It's just my own interpretation--as I previously stated.

I hope you find my information helpful. :]

Great information! really helpful actually..

although I was surprised you picked Chinese...I was expecting Japanese...hmmm

but ya i agree Asians should stop hating ;P

#5 i.am.me

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:42 AM

hahaha!

Since I am none of the above...I will offer that I tend to be wary of Koreans. They are a bit elitist. I have some Korean acquaintances...who have dissed me to hang out with their Korean friends Posted Image So I return the favor. Posted Image

However, I have heard from Koreans and Chinese people that they seem to dislike the Japanese (without ever meeting any Japanese people, actually). I myself have only met and befriended a handful of Japanese people with positive experiences...so I can't personally comment. I have only met one Mongolian person in my entire life. Taiwanese people, I can't really peg.

If you included ALL of Asia, perhaps you will get a more varied response.

Neighboring countries always hate one another hahaha this is not only true for Asian but for Europeans and Africans and whatnot, also.

#6 1993

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Probably Koreans. In the west it's China, but in the east, nobody can really look past Korea's xenophobia. Korea is probably the most racist country in Asia right now.

#7 Zander Chen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

^^ yea, right now Korea , but i dont hate any asians , (F the dutch), but im a bit annoyed that i cant find the Chinese in texas, only Vit.(but i still love Vietnamese Posted Image )

^

china, no, you cant hate us ,y? because we r the economic power right now.
Im not sure if Japanese people consider them selves Asian anymore , i think they think there a race of there own now
(but i still love my Japanese girls Posted Image )

oh and F the Dutch

#8 Alleria

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostZander Chen, on 12 July 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

^^ yea, right now Korea , but i dont hate any asians , (F the dutch), but im a bit annoyed that i cant find the Chinese in texas, only Vit.(but i still love Vietnamese Posted Image )

^

china, no, you cant hate us ,y? because we r the economic power right now.
Im not sure if Japanese people consider them selves Asian anymore , i think they think there a race of there own now
(but i still love my Japanese girls Posted Image )

oh and F the Dutch

why do you hate the Dutch? lol?

lol i think some people are either envious or hating on Koreans cuz of international exported culture ;)

i've talked to several Westerners who traveled to Asian nations...and South korea is a lot more open-minded to foreigners than say, Japan or the country parts of China.

#9 1993

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostAlleria, on 13 July 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

why do you hate the Dutch? lol?

lol i think some people are either envious or hating on Koreans cuz of international exported culture Posted Image

i've talked to several Westerners who traveled to Asian nations...and South korea is a lot more open-minded to foreigners than say, Japan or the country parts of China.

You mean "white" foreigners. It's all based on personal experience, but South Korea is pretty racist against deeper colored folks. Latinos, negroes, and South Asians all go in that category. Don't believe me? Google is your friend. I have Korean friends btw. They agree.

#10 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

View Post1993, on 17 July 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

You mean "white" foreigners. It's all based on personal experience, but South Korea is pretty racist against deeper colored folks. Latinos, negroes, and South Asians all go in that category. Don't believe me? Google is your friend. I have Korean friends btw. They agree.

It's true South Korea has some bias against darker-skinned Asians, Blacks, South Asians...but Japan and China does.

But at least I know some South Koreans who are against that. Can't really find Japanese or Chinese who sticks up for that.

So no..South Korea isn't the (based on personal/relative experience) MOST racist country in Asia....certainly not towards Westerners at the least.

#11 muddy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

i think japan as a nation gets the most negative sentiment. but in terms of people, mainland chinese for sure. although koreans can be annoying to deal with.

#12 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

View Postmuddy, on 19 July 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

i think japan as a nation gets the most negative sentiment. but in terms of people, mainland chinese for sure. although koreans can be annoying to deal with.

Why would you say "mainland Chinese"?

#13 muddy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostDreamWeaver1337, on 20 July 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

Why would you say "mainland Chinese"?

for the same reasons that lilith has presented, i agree with them all.

#14 Shen Li

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:59 AM

While on holidays I've heard people say how much they dislike Koreans loud aggressive behavior and how much they appreciate Japanese tourists. I have also heard people of all races stereotype Vietnamese as drug dealers. These are blatant stereotypes of course and I have no idea how pervasive these feelings are.

#15 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostShen Li, on 16 September 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

While on holidays I've heard people say how much they dislike Koreans loud aggressive behavior and how much they appreciate Japanese tourists. I have also heard people of all races stereotype Vietnamese as drug dealers. These are blatant stereotypes of course and I have no idea how pervasive these feelings are.

Vietnamese as Drug Dealers? Wow stereotypes....lol

#16 Shen Li

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostDreamWeaver1337, on 17 September 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

This thread invites stereoypes which is why I stated These are blatant stereotypes of course and I have no idea how pervasive these feelings are.

#17 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostShen Li, on 25 September 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

This thread invites stereoypes which is why I stated These are blatant stereotypes of course and I have no idea how pervasive these feelings are.

yea..right lol

#18 Canuck21

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

View PostDreamWeaver1337, on 17 September 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

There is some truth in that. In the West, you have two types of Vietnamese. You have the hard-working families where the children become doctors, dentists, pharmacists (lots of these when not good enough to become a doctor) and engineers and then you have the other half who are weed growers.

#19 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostCanuck21, on 18 November 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

There is some truth in that. In the West, you have two types of Vietnamese. You have the hard-working families where the children become doctors, dentists, pharmacists (lots of these when not good enough to become a doctor) and engineers and then you have the other half who are weed growers.

Wow i would never think of that of my vietnamese friends here in the states

But weed isn't that bad as people make it out to be...it is from nature O_O

#20 Canuck21

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

View PostDreamWeaver1337, on 18 November 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

Wow i would never think of that of my vietnamese friends here in the states

But weed isn't that bad as people make it out to be...it is from nature O_O

I'm being soft when I say weed growers. I'm also exaggerating when I say half of the Vietnamese are on the wrong side of society, but there's a good portion who are bad.

#21 bachl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Every nation has dislike and less respect peoples, not particulary in Asian, if i may ask what nation european hate the most in europe, i think that depend on the experience person ownself. personnaly

#22 guest_chaebol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

probably Japanese is becoming more disliked after jiyu minshuto winning for presidential candidates. I'm surprised that majority of Japanese voted for racist pricks....46% is lot of number

Edited by guest_chaebol, 18 December 2012 - 03:54 AM.

#23 skYmaster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

In East Asia: Chinese (mostly due to communism)
In the whole Asia(excluding Middle East): Filipinos (For them claiming wrongly to be pacific islanders)

#24 lionheart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostskYmaster, on 28 December 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

In East Asia: Chinese (mostly due to communism)
In the whole Asia(excluding Middle East): Filipinos (For them claiming wrongly to be pacific islanders)

I don't think so

I think the Japanese is the most disliked asian because of their racism

#25 Canuck21

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

View Postlionheart, on 28 December 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

I don't think so

I think the Japanese is the most disliked asian because of their racism

Koreans are as racist yet they're not as hated. Many don't like the Japanese because of their past cruelty.

#26 SassyViet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

I don't know any Vietnamese who deal drugs. Maybe that's a segment of society of which I don't have any knowledge b/c I was raised on the straight and narrow.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users