Jenny Tseng reveals truth behind daughter's parentage

hong kong jenny tseng

5 replies to this topic

#1 athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

The veteran Taiwanese singer admitted to using her late husband's stored sperm for artificial insemination

Posted Image

Veteran Taiwanese singer Jenny Tseng finally broke her silence and confirmed that her daughter, Melody, is late husband Alexander Fu's daughter and was conceived via artificial insemination after his death.

The 59-year-old made a guest appearance on Taiwanese programme Mei Wei Sheng Huo, where the host grilled her to the point where she finally gave in and admitted the truth behind Melody's parentage.
The host revealed that she knew that Alexander had stored his sperm before he died, and Jenny had conceived via artificial insemination. A stoic Jenny replied, "It's the truth."

Alexander died in car crash in 1983, leaving Jenny a widow after less than a decade of marriage. The two had no children as Jenny had suffered four miscarriages when they were married.

Four years after Alexander's death, Jenny went to the US and gave birth in secret. She remained tight-lipped for 25 years about Melody's father despite rumours that the father was a lawyer from Macau.

Melody is said to resemble her father in many ways, especially her face shape, eyes and jawline. Family friends have revealed that Jenny's home is adorned with numerous pictures of her late husband.
Melody once shared that she feels contented with her life, adding that she is happy even without knowing who her father is.

Posted Image

Source

#2 Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,224 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Its very sad that she miscarried 4 times and in a way, this is a blessing that she still managed to have his baby.

#3 llwy12

AF Translator

• Global Ministers
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Actually, this isn't exactly a 'revelation'....Jenny had hinted at this before in previous interviews, it's just that she never really came out and said it this bluntly on a television program. I remember reading a Mingpao interview she did last year where she pretty much said the exact same thing....so basically, this is 'old news' already....

#4 westamp

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

For years there were articles about how she had her daughter go to the cemetary to pay her respects to Alexander Fu. She told her daughter to call him "dad." In one of her last concerts, the Fu family were in the audience and she told her daughter to say "hi to grandpa." So really, it's pretty much an open secret. It's only now that Jenny admits it.

I remember watching Alexander Fu's movies when I was younger. I actually preferred him over Jackie Chan. I can't imagine what the genre would be like if AF actually is alive today. He and Jenny were a stunning couple.

#5 Chow-Time!

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Wow, she's the spitting image of Fu Sheng! She even that mischevious smile that Fu Sheng was famous for

#6 nomad 822

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

View Postwestamp, on 24 October 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

He and Jenny were a stunning couple.

And Jenny Tseng and Alexander Fu-sheng in the first place kinda look like each other ... skin coloring, hair and all.
To me, daughter Melody also looks a lot like Jenny Tseng (picture 1)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users