Jump to content

AF needs funding again

* * - - - 3 votes

Who in history do you think is the most influential leader?


65 replies to this topic

#41 SassyViet

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Trambelline,

Communism is communism much like capitalism is capitalism. It's the ideology that guides how a government treats property, collects taxes, deals with religious and personal freedom, ect...be it Russia, Cuba, or Vietnam.

Look at the big picture. You glorified Russian communism. That's where "modern" communism started and spread to other countries such as Vietnam. Since you're Vietnamese, it's a good place to start since it lends some relavance perhaps also to your family history but you don't have to. You can start with Russia.

This isn't about my informing anyone of communism. Since you touted the greatness of Russian communist leaders and government, you could do some research.

We're here to learn even when what we learn don't agree with our superficial observations. Remember propaganda is a strong suit of the communists.

#42 ArtificialSweetener

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

View PostTrambeline, on 23 February 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

SassyViet, I was asking SomeAsianDude about his POV on communism in Russia, not Vietnam. Don't you jump to conclusions too quick. I neither like nor dislike communism, but I'd like to think I have a Soviet heart. If you know the history of communism and why the Vietnamese fled the country, then do share about it, don't insisting on your pre-conceived notion that I should know/learn about it ---as if you're some kind of teacher. I know what I know, and I don't know what I don't know.

History is a fantasy, mostly make-believed, if one doesn't know that, one doesn't know anything.



Thanks for the enlightenment, this is not world history class, therefore, you're entitled to your own facts, opinions, words,etc. ---and I'm entitled to mine. If you're the book-worm type, suit yourself. Again, I know what I know, and I don't know what I don't know.
Wow, you're not even trying defend any of the crap you said or listen to what anybody in this thread has to say to try to shed some light into your little world. If history is a fantasy as you say, then none of the people mentioned in this thread have ever done anything we have mentioned, hell, they never even existed, even if they have corpses. Nothing that has ever been recorded about this world has ever happened. Why create a thread wanting people to discuss influential leaders, when you are only looking for what you want to hear about a selective few individuals?

It's sickening how you can say that systematic murder of Jews, gays, Romani, the disabled and other people Hitler deemed unworthy, was a way to "create a better, smarter human race", as if it were some way of getting rid of the trash. At least you aren't denying the Holocaust, but I'm not actually sure if saying history is a fantasy is worse, as it is like saying that nothing ever happened or ever will, because the world is so perfectly stationary that there is no need to record anything for future generations to learn from. Just because you can't think of a viable defense for your statements, you disregard an entire academic field, deeming all its works false, another statement that you cannot prove.

History is not perfect and it cannot escape bias, but it is not pure fiction, it is the pursuit of knowledge of the past. We want to know the truth, try to separate it from the lies, learn how we got here, why things exist, why relations between countries and people are the way they are. Please do not claim to understand history when you clearly have no desire to learn about it, since you seem to "know what you know" and you are unwilling to even consider opposing views.You think people are stepping on your opinions, but most of us are just asking you to do a little research on historical facts that are common knowledge.

Edited by ArtificialSweetener, 23 February 2013 - 06:10 AM.


#43 SassyViet

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Naive me! I assume all the VNmse abroad are from the political refugee exodus that came out after the communist take-over. In later years, there are many VNmese who have communist ties also went abroad to take advantage of the capitalist educatonal system and way of life.

#44 Trambeline

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostSassyViet, on 23 February 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

Naive me! I assume all the VNmse abroad are from the political refugee exodus that came out after the communist take-over. In later years, there are many VNmese who have communist ties also went abroad to take advantage of the capitalist educatonal system and way of life.
Naive me also, I was only dragged to the US by my parents, even my real identity is a blur. Like you said, SassyViet, communism is communism, and capitalism is capitalism---I believe us VNmese refugees didn't have much influence from the VN communist take-over, we were from North Vietnam, and I believe we don't have much communist ties. It's true we come here for better opportunities, but although America is the wealthiest nation in the world, it still can't take care of its people.

#45 SassyViet

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

Then study social programs in Russia to see if it takes care of its people better than the us. So you were not political refugees then. That explained why you have a "soviet heart". Again you have no facts to back up your assertion that Russia does everything better than the us.

There are people here who are more informed than you whether from reading or personal experience, or knowing people from Russia. I suggest you take a more objective and humble position. I'm sure you would learn more that way.

If you are not willing to research yourself better to take from people who've lived more than you and better informed

#46 eggroll727

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Jesus Christ, surprising that a black man would be the most influential leader of all time.

#47 Kamikaze 738

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostSassyViet, on 23 February 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

Look at the big picture. You glorified Russian communism. That's where "modern" communism started and spread to other countries such as Vietnam. Since you're Vietnamese, it's a good place to start since it lends some relavance perhaps also to your family history but you don't have to. You can start with Russia.

Well atleast it was the communist in Vietnam that spearheaded the idea of Vietnamese independence and actually fought for it. Without them leading the way, Vietnam would probably still be a colony of France. Guess you gotta thanks the Japanese for giving the communist the chance to kick the French out.

#48 SassyViet

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

Vietnamese independence from the French is another subject that I don't think you r entirely well informed on. But your logic is illogical. Simple analogy: if one bully rescue you from another bully and then continues the assault would that make him better?

#49 UniversalSR

    Addict

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

The most probable is Stalin, Harry Truman, and Barrack Obama

Ronald Reegan is one too, he was considered really old to be a president but he made it all work

Franklin Roosevelt, he was one of the best as well, it just bad that it took his life away

#50 Trambeline

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostSassyViet, on 25 February 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Then study social programs in Russia to see if it takes care of its people better than the us. So you were not political refugees then. That explained why you have a "soviet heart". Again you have no facts to back up your assertion that Russia does everything better than the us.

There are people here who are more informed than you whether from reading or personal experience, or knowing people from Russia. I suggest you take a more objective and humble position. I'm sure you would learn more that way.

If you are not willing to research yourself better to take from people who've lived more than you and better informed

Have you been to Russia yourself? If there is indeed many "social problems" in Russia, how do you justify whether most of the population is satisfied and contented with their lives? Can you prove what you just said, I'd like to understand ---if you're not so egotistic about it.

And I never said "Russia did EVERYTHING better than the US" you fool, no nation is perfect.

Here's a trivia question for you: Are there any black people in Russia? Yes or No or how many. Let's see if your superb research skills can answer that.

And what "political refugees" are you talking of, and how many do you know that gave you the assertion you're better informed.

Your argument seems incoherent just like your sassy, silly personality.

#51 Trambeline

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

View PostArtificialSweetener, on 23 February 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

Wow, you're not even trying defend any of the crap you said or listen to what anybody in this thread has to say to try to shed some light into your little world. If history is a fantasy as you say, then none of the people mentioned in this thread have ever done anything we have mentioned, hell, they never even existed, even if they have corpses. Nothing that has ever been recorded about this world has ever happened. Why create a thread wanting people to discuss influential leaders, when you are only looking for what you want to hear about a selective few individuals?

It's sickening how you can say that systematic murder of Jews, gays, Romani, the disabled and other people Hitler deemed unworthy, was a way to "create a better, smarter human race", as if it were some way of getting rid of the trash. At least you aren't denying the Holocaust, but I'm not actually sure if saying history is a fantasy is worse, as it is like saying that nothing ever happened or ever will, because the world is so perfectly stationary that there is no need to record anything for future generations to learn from. Just because you can't think of a viable defense for your statements, you disregard an entire academic field, deeming all its works false, another statement that you cannot prove.

History is not perfect and it cannot escape bias, but it is not pure fiction, it is the pursuit of knowledge of the past. We want to know the truth, try to separate it from the lies, learn how we got here, why things exist, why relations between countries and people are the way they are. Please do not claim to understand history when you clearly have no desire to learn about it, since you seem to "know what you know" and you are unwilling to even consider opposing views.You think people are stepping on your opinions, but most of us are just asking you to do a little research on historical facts that are common knowledge.

I never meant to say history is "pure fiction", rather MOST of it is is make-believed by the so-called historians, so don't put your words in my mouth, and distort the stuff I said. History tends to repeat itself as world civilizations continuously crash and collide, so what does that tell you? Do me a favor, continue knit-picking on someone else with a bigger vagina monologue than yourself, or to the wall.

#52 SassyViet

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Trambelline,


View PostTrambeline, on 24 March 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:


And I never said "Russia did EVERYTHING better than the US" you fool, no nation is perfect.


you called me a fool. I almost agree, for where foolishness is involved, you are quite an expert.


As to my doing some research. Others can teach us things but we learn better when we teach ourselves so go teach yourself some history.

What's the blacks have to do with anything? Oh, I think you were trying to build an argument about equality and stuff. Maybe, I don't even know where you were trying to go but it appears you're wandering off on some tangent reflecting your convoluted and illogical thinking process.

You don't know what I was talking about with the VNmse political refugees situation.

I can only shake my head at this one. I think my spinal cord is slipping out of my spine right now.

#53 Trambeline

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

I don't let some ignorant cyber space know-it-all tell me what to do. You didn't even answer my question in the first place to specify the most influential leader in history you can think of, which shows you have no respect/consideration for the question posted in this thread. Yet, if you can't take criticism and having difficulty with your "spinal cord", then that's your problem, and get out of this thread.

#54 SassyViet

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'm ignorant?
And YOU, know so much that isn't so.


#55 Trambeline

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostSassyViet, on 24 March 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

I'm ignorant?
And YOU, know so much that isn't so.


Oh, sarcasm now huh, LOL, same with you, same with you. What's next Sassy, a beat up--wanna take it outside the forum...LOL...you still didn't answer the question to the topic starter anyway, what good are you with your history knowledge?

#56 SassyViet

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

You should be flattered I partipated in the thread. You have courage to stand up and speak now have the courage to sit and listen.

#57 Trambeline

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostSassyViet, on 24 March 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

You should be flattered I partipated in the thread. You have courage to stand up and speak now have the courage to sit and listen.

oh brother, just like a typical woman, always has to have the last thing to say, ok Mother Effer---2Q + 2Q = 4Q too, just like nation after nation does to one another. OK I'm all ears, what else do you have to say about history pertaining to the topic's question?

#58 MichaelD

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

I will have the last word & you both went wayyyyy of topic !
So I will have the last word.

On November 22 1963 the US lost one of its brightest stars in the sky. My father god rest his soul summed up JFK'S death beautifully.

When they killed JFK they killed our country.

I believed that as a little boy and I believe it now as a man.



#59 BMPP

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

Mwhahaha I shall get the last word Posted Image !!!!

okay with all jokes aside…

There’s many influential leaders throughout history, and what makes them influential depends on the time period in which they served and what they did. I won’t go into details, but certain leaders served the country well during periods of greater fluctuation (the war / financial crisis), while other leaders did better during a period of lesser change.
Those who had the leadership ability to adapt well to change and assert stronger forces wouldn't have become influential if the external environment didn’t call for it and vice versa.
I know this probably doesn't answer the question of “who is the most influential” but in my opinion, I think different leadership styles made certain leaders influential because they were suited well with what’s happening in the world during that period.

Edited by BMPP, 21 January 2014 - 10:24 PM.


#60 MichaelD

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Your to sweet :)

#61 Trambeline

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostMyheartisyours, on 14 November 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

I will have the last word & you both went wayyyyy of topic !
So I will have the last word.

On November 22 1963 the US lost one of its brightest stars in the sky. My father god rest his soul summed up JFK'S death beautifully.

When they killed JFK they killed our country.

I believed that as a little boy and I believe it now as a man.

yeah, they The Kennedys' did alot for our Country, when 'cold case' JFK died, so did democracy i think, it seems the entire world is still fighting this so-called 'COLD WAR' as if earth and climate change, just blows hot & cold in my area, like a female...lol...-_-

View PostMyheartisyours, on 23 January 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Your to sweet Posted Image

And you know to much, i can hardly know the difference between to, two, and too...so i'll throw tomato at you, but a bow on my head, and call it my BD..!

#62 MichaelD

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

I guess your off your meds ? This is a message board not jr high if you don't like my grammar you can jam it where the sun don't shine.
And if you don't like my country your free to leave any time you want. Good luck & good riddence ! And just to give you a slap for the comment you made ,,, most of our parents were from the 60s you dope. Do the math and read a history book a US history book turn off the boob tube you might learn a thing or 2 about JFK.

#63 Trambeline

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

60s huh, yeah, that picture really shows (you don't have to forecast it), it's too obvious with your "hot air up your donkey" talk! I see a thick, frusted, ill-assuming nincompoop about US history in the way YOU write. Thanks for all your sarcasm advice much ado about nothing, you tube would definitely teach YOURSELF better than my so-called "boob tube" (dirty-american, can't take a joke) word choice, YOU mentioned, thank-you very much you obnoxious ninny, Good-Grief!!

#64 MichaelD

    Asian Fanatic

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

Your a very crazy person who has issues. Good luck to you . And don't worry I won't publish the crazy PM you sent me ;)

Edited by Myheartisyours, 12 March 2014 - 01:21 PM.


#65 Trambeline

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

wrong again, Dido. If only Joseph Kennedy were President instead of his Junior 'Fitzgerald ' Kennedy. Perhaps he could have done something better about the IMF rate for the Country as a whole, instead of getting into the 'Ukraine' current event today.

#66 Ingman

    faq.asianfanatics.net

  • AF supporter
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

the question was ..
Who in history do you think is the most influential leader?


:)





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users