AF needs funding again

- - - - -

slow at learning new skills or info, what to do?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_area_*

Guest_area_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

sometimes im abnormally slow at learning new skills and information. it takes me a long time to get things "right". what should i do? i really want to be better at learning new things. is there a way to improve my learning ability?

#2 UDntNeedaNo

UDntNeedaNo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Write it down. Read it. Understand it. Read it again.

Repeat

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Like what? Like some rules what some idiot wants you to learn or something usefull like math?

#4 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

I am the same as you, I learn so slow, sometime I just want to die because of my slow brain lol. But you know what? Try to read earlier, write notes all the time, and when it is exam periode, use those notes to read.

#5 lovetvbshows

lovetvbshows

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Some people just take longer to learn, there is nothing wrong with it. Find out how you learn best. Some people are visual, so they draw a picture and make diagrams with the info., some people are auditory and they remember when they hear it over and over again. Another way is to read it and then tell someone about it as if you are teaching them a lesson on the subject and then have a discussion. You might need to do a few different ways to help you remember.

It has been shown that the more a subject matter is rehearsed, the more the neural network will build and become strengthened, and hence remembered. So practice practice practice and don't give up!

#6 Guest_afg_*

Guest_afg_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

some people are auditory and they remember when they hear it over and over again.

My mom's an idiot. She thinks repeating herself like a hundred times "is going to change things" BUT SHE'S JUST FUCKIN' ANNOYING. I hear the same crap over and over again but what she doesn't understand is I DON'T NEED TO HEAR IT MORE OFTEN ... what I think SHE SHOULD DO is to stop taking it "so seriously all the time" and stop making a big deal out of whatever the heck she complains about ... AND JUST GIVE ME A BREAK

She complains over most, if not all, thiings that are

1) pretty trivial in comparison to her own problems or faults, OR in comparison to bigger things that she doesn't even show concern for

2) It's not that I don't even "do something about it" sometimes when she complains (example: she says I "litter around the house" ... but I actually get around to throwing away the little bits of paper or whatever she complains about, I actually get around to throwing them away later. It's NOTHING compared to all the junk and clutter she has around here everyday and does nothing about ... and I've told her that several times ... and in general on a daily basis, she does nothing about it

The only time she usually cleans up is when guests are coming ... she doesn't do it for the sake of cleaning house, just to "impress guests" ... fuckin' lazy (and no I won't use her age as an excuse ... she may be old, but she is not like disabled. As long as she can move her body and even bother to clean up at all "and not just for the sake of guests" ... there's no real excuse for it). I don't expect her to do it everyday or all the time, and spend like even 4 or 8 hours in a day IF SHE REALLY "can't be bothered" but at least fuckin' dedicate even like maybe one or two hours in a day OR ANY KIND OF fuckin' time ... even if it's JUST 15 minutes in a day ... to sort her sh*t out

and no matter what she can say about me ... whether there's "even a tiny bit of truth to it" OR not, and just false or exaggerated ... if someone doesn't even do it themselves, they're a hypocrite

She doesn't just repeat herself so often but she doesn't even try to be nice ... it doesn't make her any better nor does it "really motivate me most of the time" ... she doesn't even try to be positive

even in times "when I sound mean" I'm still able to rationalize what I say

I find pictures, videos and sometimes reading to be helpful ... what I don't like is when people just go over things too quickly andI just miss it or they don't explain well enough ... and not just simply have something "explained to me" but also ask or write out my thoughts and opinions on it so that I'm able to better rationalize or understand it better in my own way

When you're writing something out ... you're not simply writing, but thinking along the way ... so
"it does / can help you learn more effectively ... or at least a bit better, along the way"

Like don't just simply "teach the what or how ... but sometimes the why of "why do we have to do this or that" ... I asked my half bro if he really liked how they teach in school ... and he said "it's okay ... but she doesn't really explain the how or why of anything ... and she's just boring"

unless it's really obvious ... but I guess "no question is ever TOO STUPID" as long as it has "a real reason behind it"

Even it means a question like "what color is the sky?" ... even though "it may be obvious to most ... if not all ... of us" ... as long as it has an actual real answer to it ... it's "not too stupid" to ask the question

Maybe if you're "too embarrased to ask the question in front of others" ... that's fine, but at least ask if you really don't know

#7 Guest_must_*

Guest_must_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

My mom's an idiot. She thinks repeating herself like a hundred times "is going to change things" BUT SHE'S JUST FUCKIN' ANNOYING. I hear the same crap over and over again but what she doesn't understand is I DON'T NEED TO HEAR IT MORE OFTEN ... what I think SHE SHOULD DO is to stop taking it "so seriously all the time" and stop making a big deal out of whatever the heck she complains about ... AND JUST GIVE ME A BREAK

She complains over most, if not all, thiings that are

1) pretty trivial in comparison to her own problems or faults, OR in comparison to bigger things that she doesn't even show concern for

2) It's not that I don't even "do something about it" sometimes when she complains (example: she says I "litter around the house" ... but I actually get around to throwing away the little bits of paper or whatever she complains about, I actually get around to throwing them away later. It's NOTHING compared to all the junk and clutter she has around here everyday and does nothing about ... and I've told her that several times ... and in general on a daily basis, she does nothing about it

The only time she usually cleans up is when guests are coming ... she doesn't do it for the sake of cleaning house, just to "impress guests" ... fuckin' lazy (and no I won't use her age as an excuse ... she may be old, but she is not like disabled. As long as she can move her body and even bother to clean up at all "and not just for the sake of guests" ... there's no real excuse for it). I don't expect her to do it everyday or all the time, and spend like even 4 or 8 hours in a day IF SHE REALLY "can't be bothered" but at least fuckin' dedicate even like maybe one or two hours in a day OR ANY KIND OF fuckin' time ... even if it's JUST 15 minutes in a day ... to sort her sh*t out

and no matter what she can say about me ... whether there's "even a tiny bit of truth to it" OR not, and just false or exaggerated ... if someone doesn't even do it themselves, they're a hypocrite

She doesn't just repeat herself so often but she doesn't even try to be nice ... it doesn't make her any better nor does it "really motivate me most of the time" ... she doesn't even try to be positive

even in times "when I sound mean" I'm still able to rationalize what I say

I find pictures, videos and sometimes reading to be helpful ... what I don't like is when people just go over things too quickly andI just miss it or they don't explain well enough ... and not just simply have something "explained to me" but also ask or write out my thoughts and opinions on it so that I'm able to better rationalize or understand it better in my own way

When you're writing something out ... you're not simply writing, but thinking along the way ... so
"it does / can help you learn more effectively ... or at least a bit better, along the way"

Like don't just simply "teach the what or how ... but sometimes the why of "why do we have to do this or that" ... I asked my half bro if he really liked how they teach in school ... and he said "it's okay ... but she doesn't really explain the how or why of anything ... and she's just boring"

unless it's really obvious ... but I guess "no question is ever TOO STUPID" as long as it has "a real reason behind it"

Even it means a question like "what color is the sky?" ... even though "it may be obvious to most ... if not all ... of us" ... as long as it has an actual real answer to it ... it's "not too stupid" to ask the question

Maybe if you're "too embarrased to ask the question in front of others" ... that's fine, but at least ask if you really don't know

when you grow up, you will understand why your mom lectures you all the time. *roll eyes*. now, grow up, kid. Posted Image