AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Are men getting more desperate or finished?

18 replies to this topic

#1 Trambeline

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

I think men are beautiful for the many inventions they come up with, enabling women to do less work with machines. However, women are taking over the work force and seemingly the household as well. What do think about the role of men in society these days? Can both genders live in harmony or is women taking over? What's your say in this matter women? What's your say in this matter men?

Edited by Trambeline, 24 December 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#2 muta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

Although there are now more women in the work force, I don't see it as taking over. Men's role in society is to be MEN.

#3 teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

There's equilibrium in chemistry and there's equilibrium in real life. When roles are filled with too many men, there's a need for women to step up to the plate and bring things back to equilibrium. When there are too many women in a certain role, men step in to balance things out. No one gender can take over another.

#4 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

I agree with what teddy said ... that there has to be a balance of men remaining in power and women can't just take over all the time

There is no "proven reason or right that women should take over everything all the time" especially when I've seen SOME serious irrational thoughts and behaviour on the part of SOME women out there (including "my own mother" sadly)

Edited by MiSuru, 19 December 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#5 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

What do I say,,,please take over the world you can't do any worse than the jerk offs that are running it now !

#6 mi.ny.veg

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

As much as I want to believe that men and women are equals nowadays, its just not true. Women in the workforce has to work harder to make a point - especially in the higher end positions. Not to mention most women make less than men do in the same position. Even with certain fields where there's more women, the dominating ones are men. Chefs and fashion designers is the perfect example.

#7 soul_less

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

You may feel women to be taking over because there is an increase in women working and doing things whilst men are decreasing but this is because things are being more balanced. Not that women are outnumbering men and control more power than men. There are areas that women will excel and areas where men will.

#8 behappyman 2.0

Asian Fanatic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Soulless nailed it correctly. There are more women doing well in certain fields, and industries than before, but still a lot of men are doing well in those areas. There are certain industrial fields where there will probably always be more men than women, due to the rough or physically demanding nature of the job. In those roles men will probably always be more successful. In Britain and America both of the national political leaders are men, and mostly men in the senate and parliament, so no evidence of women 'taking over' there.

So really it's 'more women obtaining success and senior roles' in certain industries and fields, not necessarily becoming more successful than men, where men will still be successful to an extent and have senior roles in those areas.

So men are not getting more desperate or feeling like they are losing their place. I'm not anyway. It's called drive, motivation, determination and confidence in yourself to succeed Posted Image .

#9 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

This is great for women but I don't think men are getting "desperate"....Strange choice of word, eh?

Although I know plenty of American guys who hate Feminists....

#10 Trambeline

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

I can see many of those who answered here are males. That's alright. So you guys are reasonable in saying that women have their roles to play, and men have theirs. I second the fact that many women don't even go into the fields of men such as engineering, construction, other science fields, and the like. However, there is a growing need in America for better child-rearing, and what do you think about women's roles in that? Can children fair better with just one parent, or both? Why is divorce seems so detrimental to the health of the children? Should the government give the children to their dads instead too? Is it possible women are trying too hard to be like men? They wanted equal rights didn't they?

#11 mi.ny.veg

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostTrambeline, on 24 December 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

Is it possible women are trying too hard to be like men? They wanted equal rights didn't they?

I can't speak for every women out there, but I don't want to be a dude. I don't see a swarm of men wanting to be women either.

#12 DrBroscientist

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

I don't think women are taking over but a lot of women "equality" things have gone overboard. Divorce laws shaft men. Brb pay alimony to woman while she keeps the kids and spends it all on booze. Brb give half my crap away if we divorce. Also brb woman punches man, nothing. Man punches back, jail. Man cries rape, lololol he's kidding. Woman cries rape with no evidence whatsoever. 20 years jail. Woman decides to admit it was a false claim years later. No punishment because judges are afraid "it will deter real rape victims from coming forth". The list goes on.

#13 mi.ny.veg

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostTrambeline, on 31 December 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

Yes I have, but I'm not sure how drag queens have anything to do with women dominating (or lack of) the work force and the home. For one, Drag queens usually don't have a female partner. Second, drag queens will more than likely separate professional and personal because they fear discrimination. If anything most drag queens gets discriminated for wanting to be a woman.

#14 teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

View PostTrambeline, on 24 December 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

However, there is a growing need in America for better child-rearing, and what do you think about women's roles in that? Can children fair better with just one parent, or both? Why is divorce seems so detrimental to the health of the children? Should the government give the children to their dads instead too? Is it possible women are trying too hard to be like men? They wanted equal rights didn't they?

Children need to be brought up by both a man and a woman. Both men and women have a role in a child's life. A woman may be more involved in the life a child during the child's younger years. But once a child nears adolescents and beyond that into adulthood, a man becomes more involved. A child does not stop being someone's child at age 18. They are a parents' child for life. You ask many off shoot questions, which I don't want to comment on here as it strays from the topic. I'd be happy to provide my input on divorce rates and how the court gives custody on another thread.

Both men and women have roles that they can perform better than the other at. I think it would be best if each gender would perform what they do best. Should women be more like men, you ask. My question is, are men better at being men, or can women do a better job being someone who they are not and will never be?

Men and women should have equal rights. But no gender should have the right to invade another genders role in life. Do you think that men and women do not share the same rights?

#15 Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

View Postteddyc, on 02 January 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

Men and women should have equal rights

I guess I can agree with this ... and it's a stereotype that women are always better at raising kids

It's not the gender that decides whether they're better parents or not. Both men and women "may have their differences in how they would raise a kid" ... but I wouldn't neccessarily say "one is better than the other ... just perhaps raise thekid differently"

and when they're single parents ... while there may be "a bit more gender influence" for being one or the other ... I would not say gender makes them better parents. It's not that simple.

There's many factors outside gender that can affect how well or not the parents do with their kids / sons or daughters

Both men and women have roles that they can perform better than the other at. I think it would be best if each gender would perform what they do best. Should women be more like men, you ask. My question is, are men better at being men, or can women do a better job being someone who they are not and will never be?

This is where you and sometimes society get "sexist" ... here are some examples of some stereotypes

Some would probably stereotype women to be better at:

customer service, listening, more emotional, organizing, details, and maybe even cooking or child raising, etc.

Of course some women are good at these things. I don't doubt many women are good at these things ... of course some are.

But ARE ALL women good listeners, or always more emotional and compassionate, or really organized, etc. NO

and SOME men are better at cooking ... just like some chefs out there.

I don't just think this ... I KNOW this.

Men and women should have equal rights. But no gender should have the right to invade another genders role in life. Do you think that men and women do not share the same rights?

Tell me ... is it "right" that I'm denied a job IF I want one in customer service? Long ago I tried to get into customer service and "I never did" ... employers just didn't hire me. Why? Is it "more" for the fact "simply because I'm male?" I notice alot of women in customer service BUT there ARE ALSO SOME men in customer service and I don't see what's wrong with that ... whether it's over the phone or retail, etc.

You go to Best Buy and it's not too hard to see guys in customer service (yes, even though they mainly sell electronics), or sometimes even at Walmart, or sometimes inbound over the phone for customer service ... there ARE SOME guys in customer service ... and "everyone else just makes excuses for women to get into customer service just because they stereotype it or prefer it that way" ... but is that right? Is that fair? I don't think so.

A job is a job ... and males are not always "less skilled or qualified" ... I think SOMETIMES it's gender discrimination

What about HR? Another industry "dominated" with alot of women in it ... so does this mean "women have exclusive rights to be in HR?" Where's the fairness and balance here?

I'm not expecting women "to go into heavy jobs" and I'm okay with that ... but why should males be denied a chance to have more mental or intellectual jobs whether it's at the office, retail, customer service, etc.?

That's like saying "men are ONLY expected to do physical work all the time ... and have all their other skills, particularly mental or intellectual skills ... go to waste" ... NO THAT'S BULLS--- and to be honest ... after doing general labour for so many years ... I've got "pretty tired of it" apart from the fact that it's "so cheap"

I'm just SAYING WHY CAN'T I BE ABLE TO USE OTHER SKILLS I HAVE TO GET INTO AND DO OTHER TYPES OF WORK?

I'm not saying women can't have a chance to do the work ... BUT I SHOULD ALSO BE ALLOWED THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET INTO AND DO THE WORK AS WELL ... IF I WANT

Edited by GOLDENCARP, 05 January 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#16 Trambeline

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Children need to be brought up by both a man
and a woman. Both men and women have a role in a child's life. A woman may be more involved in the life a child during the child's younger years. But once a child nears
adolescents and beyond that into adulthood, a man becomes more involved. A child does not stop being someone's child at age 18. They are a parents' child for life. You ask many off shoot

questions, which I don't want to comment on here as it strays from the topic. I'd be happy to provide my input on divorce rates and how the court gives custody on another thread.

Both men and women have roles that they can perform better than the other at. I think it would

be best if each gender would perform what they do best. Should women be more like men, you ask. My question is, are men better at being men, or can women do a better job being someone who they are not and will never be?

Men and women should have equal rights. But no gender should have the right to invade another genders role in life. Do you think that
men and women do not share the same rights?

I'm not trying to say one gender is superior to the other, I'm merely pointing out the fact that many men are the women's property nowadays, whereas the woman was the property of a man during American Colonial Times.

#17 teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostTrambeline, on 07 January 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

I'm not trying to say one gender is superior to the other, I'm merely pointing out the fact that many men are the women's property nowadays, whereas the woman was the property of a man during American Colonial Times.

Could you please give me an example because I don't see men as property to women as per American colonial times here in America today. However, I thought about the term "property" that you used here, and although I strongly disagree with that term, I can see why you might be inclined to use that word. Have women made men their property? No, I do not think that is the case. I can't find a single example to support women making men their property. However, the North American court system certainly has financially castrated many men and through the orders of these courts, the fruits of labour of these men are always enjoyed by women. What has diminished the power of men in todays time, I believe, is the legal system working against men or having a bias against men. I shall continue my discussion on bias in the labour market in my response to Goldencarp below.

Goldencarp:

I hear you my friend. There are certainly occupations, particularly in the office or in retail, where women are favoured over men. However, I would not say that women are more suited for white collar jobs than men, as history has proven that the upper echelons of the white collar world are and will continue to be run by men like how most kindergarten teachers are women.

One of the problems I have encountered in the office are insecure middle managers. These are typically men in their 40s who have a hard time pushing through on up the ranks as senior management seem to never want to retire but have already spent the last 20 years of their lives toiling in the pyramid scheme we call a corporate career. These men have little to show for except for their association with a large corporation. They are usually in debt because of a big mortgage, have children that are too young to contribute to the family unit but are just learning to spend on big ticket items like their first car or a university education, and sometimes have a less than supportive wife that bickers at their every fault. To add insult to injury these men only get birthday and anniversary sex. Clearly, I've painted a picture of a man who has a lot to lose but little to gain if they lost their position in the corporate world.

So these men in their 40s see these bright young graduates, fresh out of school, ignorant, but with a lot of bravery march into their offices as young indentured servants to the corporation. These young kids have nothing to lose but everything to gain by working here. Unfortunately the 40 year old middle manager isn't as enthusiastic as the young lads. He's afraid that these bright young kids will soon replace him before he can replace his superiors. So what does he do? Get rid of the bright young lads with brains and balls and keep those who unlikely replace him before he gets a chance to move up. Who are his best candidates then? A bright girl of course. Why? Because although she's bright, he thinks that because he's a man that he's more "powerful". And also, girls also tend to get married have kids, and choose to leave the work force, which makes her much less of a threat than her male counterpart. Hence, when we divide a corporation into upper and lower echelons, we usually see females representing the majority of the lower ranks while men continue to dominate the senior ranks.

#18 Trambeline

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostAntiGravity, on 17 January 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

wow I think you people need to go out into the real working world and gain some real life experience before you try and hold an opinion on some things.

For your information, just because we may be jobless, doesn't mean we're ignorant about the working world of people who have to toil and sweat on a regular daily-basis. We are just having a discussion to come up with some unconventional ideas about men in today's world.

#19 SassyViet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

I believe in genderless society. I'd like to see more women pro-wreslers, women bouncers, male lingerie models, pole dancers, and super nannies. Why should the men have all the fun?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users