AF needs funding again

- - - - -

[Vietnamese Wuxia film] Blood letter (2012)

9 replies to this topic

#1 skYmaster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Title: Blood Letter (Vietnamese: Thiên Mệnh Anh Hùng)
Genre: Wuxia, Martial Art
Year: 2012
Stars: Huynh Dong, Midu, Van Trang

Posted Image

Pics from the movie:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Trailer:

#2 kyla

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

OMG What a step up for Vietnam Movie Industry! The scenery is breathtaking and cast looks promising.
I definitely want to see this movie online somewhere because no way I'm going to find it on DVDPosted Image Vietnamese DVDs with Eng Subs are so hard to find now days.

#3 KittyLam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

The trailer has summarized all the best scenes of this movie, and no need to watch the whole of it anymore, lol! I fell asleep almost 2/3 parts of the film, to be honest. I think one of the problems of Vietnamese movies is the low course of plot and the way characters talk with others is so leisurely slow, just like lulling viewers to sleep.

#4 Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

ohh man! I was planning to watch it, so i should just skip it?

#5 HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

I just saw this movie and it was really boring even though it was short...

#6 KittyLam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostVi Linh, on 23 January 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

ohh man! I was planning to watch it, so i should just skip it?
It depends on what you expect from a movie. If you want to review a history lesson about the accident in Lệ Chi Viên (Le Chi Garden) in Tran Dynasty’s time, I think it’s worth watching. But, if you expect a sort of thrilling, excellent or exciting wuxia film, you may be disappointed then. That’s just my 2 cent.

#7 Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

View PostKittyLam, on 31 January 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

It depends on what you expect from a movie. If you want to review a history lesson about the accident in Lệ Chi Viên (Le Chi Garden) in Tran Dynasty’s time, I think it’s worth watching. But, if you expect a sort of thrilling, excellent or exciting wuxia film, you may be disappointed then. That’s just my 2 cent.

ohh ok, thank you. At least now I know what I can expect. Maybe I just should watch alittlebit of it to see how boring it is, since both you and Hetieshou says it is boring.

#8 KittyLam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

View PostVi Linh, on 31 January 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

ohh ok, thank you. At least now I know what I can expect. Maybe I just should watch alittlebit of it to see how boring it is, since both you and Hetieshou says it is boring.
Oops! Sorry, I'm mistaken the dynasty time. It's Le, not Tran. I should have taken the history class then, lol!

#9 skYmaster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

You guys should give it a try, I enjoyed the movie a lot. Knowing that it´s the first wuxia film made by Vietnam and by a talented director, it´s definately worth-watching - I mean, it just costs you about 2 hours...

#10 Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Ohh Well I ended up watching it. I found it to be ok, not to excited, but i knew nothing about the Le chi Vien accident so it was good to learn alittlebit more about Vietnamese history.

Edited by Vi Linh, 07 February 2013 - 09:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users