AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Chingmy Yau and family go on shopping spree

hong kong

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 3789 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

The former Hong Kong actress and her three daughters walked out of the luxury store with seven bags of purchases, courtesy of her husband

Posted Image

Former actress Chingmy Yau and her family of five went on a shopping spree at luxurious fashion store, I.T., which was established by her very own fashion mogul husband, Shum Ka Wai. He played Santa during the outing, and the family walked out of the store with seven shopping carriers in 20 minutes. 

The sales assistants appeared to be especially attentive to the boss and his family during their visit to the store. All purchases made were on the house as Chingmy, who was also accompanied by two domestic helpers, picked the most expensive clothes.

Despite being embroiled into the Eric Tsang '˜slapping incident' recently, where he would be required to testify in court when summoned, Ka Wai was seen in a good mood during Christmas.

In other related news, Chingmy reportedly went to seek a reverend's advice on conceiving a boy and is said to be expecting her fourth child when she turned up at actor Chin Kar Lok'˜s wedding in loose clothing last month. However, the 44-year-old denied the baby rumours at director Peter Chan's birthday party soon after.

Chingmy married the founder of the Hong Kong-based fashion conglomerate in 1999 and they have three daughters - 11-year-old Shum Yuet, eight-year-old Shum Yat and two-year-old Shum Sing.  

Posted Image

Source

#2 kailie

kailie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1375 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'm glad to hear she's doing well. I really enjoyed her roles in 90's HK movies.

Edited by kailie, 27 December 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#3 nomad 822

nomad 822

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Just an observation:

Of all the stars who did Xrated movies, I think Chingmy Yau was one of the ones who married very well and seems to enjoy a genuinely happy, low-profile home life mothering her 3 daughters and being a supportive wife.

I have seen occassional candid pictures of Chingmy doing things with her daughters, picking them from school or the family enjoying sushi dinner outside ... and they were all candid shots reporters snapped. She seems quite down to earth and privately low key .... despite being I.T. boss's wife.

And she seldom dresses the fully made-up 'glam-star' while picking up her kids ... all the while proclaiming she does 'not' want to be spotted (Chingmy really dresses comfy and sporty low-key, most of the time)
You also never see her doing magazine spreads showing her opulent home(s), cars, jewellery or listing how many new assets she's/Shum Ka-wai has acquired.

In comparison to other starlets who married for wealth and has to casually let the world know their progress reports or acquisitions. Be it by being very high profile or highlighting gourmet meals or the limited edition designer bags on their FB (Cathy, Gigi).

Or with fully made-up eye shadow, red lipstick cake masks in place, while wearing home casual.
It just does not gel.

eg Chingmy's good pal Veronica Yip who sometimes seems to be on a upward roller-coaster ride to show she's arrived bigtime - each yr's Mingpao spread is like some NY progress report.
From dangling her ostentatious rock on her finger in her stretch limo and letting media guess the price tag, jetting to HK each yr for 2-3 days in their private jet, family holidays in exotic desinations or splashing the pages of Mingpao yearly with her new acquistions like a bank, new Olympic sized swimming pool or renovated mega mansion etc.

Edited by nomad 822, 27 December 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#4 misssy

misssy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

@ nomad 822 totally agree with you. Being classy can not be bought with money, you either have it or you don't.

#5 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:48 AM

Yup, there are things that money cannot buy. Some of those things are true happiness, love, health and of course class..