6 replies to this topic

#1 mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

TVB stars talks about filming in China

Posted Image

TVB stars Kevin Cheng, Wayne Lai, Tavia Yeung and Myolie Wu recently flew to Beijing for the press conference of the new TVB mainland joint-venture, TVBC.

Popular Asians reported that earlier, TVB announced its formation with Shanghai Media & Entertainment Group (SMEG) to create TVBC in order to further expand their business in the mainland market. With the establishment of the joint-venture, many more TVB stars can be seen in mainland Chinese drama.

To this big opportunity, 2012 TV Queen, Tavia Yeung expressed, "Of course I want to go to mainland China. After all, the mainland market is larger, and there is a bigger variety in terms of collaborations. I was contacted to film for a mainland drama earlier, but I couldn't make it because it clashed with my other work schedule. I hope I will have chances later on."

Meanwhile, Wayne Lai, who has yet to make any dramas in mainland, stated, "I couldn't find time for it. I filmed non-stop for TVB dramas these two years. Even if the mainland companies contacted me, I didn't have time to film for them."

He also stated that he prefers staying in Hong Kong with his family, although it meant giving up opportunities of filming in mainland.

Source

#2 nnnn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

It is my opinion only, I found HK actors can't be shine in China or TW films/TV series. Most of them look very odd in those TV series, may be the directing styles are different across the regions or something...
TW and Chinese actors are mixing a lot better.

#3 Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

At least working in mainland gives you better paid. But I guess if you want to have your high status in tvb, with positive treatment, then you have to stay loyal to them.

#4 Milana

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Whyyyyyy! China/mainland dramas are so boring.

#5 HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

View Postnnnn, on 13 January 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

It is my opinion only, I found HK actors can't be shine in China or TW films/TV series. Most of them look very odd in those TV series, may be the directing styles are different across the regions or something...
TW and Chinese actors are mixing a lot better.

I personally don't think so and feel that the HK actors do shine and since most of them get leading roles anyways, why wouldn't they shine???

View PostLoveIi, on 14 January 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

Whyyyyyy! China/mainland dramas are so boring.

That is NOT true and there are many China/mainland series which are very good. YOu just have to watch the right ones. There are good and bad series from every company and country. It's not like many HK series these days are so great.

#6 bebeC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

i hope the tvb actresses that start in future mainland collaborations don't overdo the make up and stuff. the actresses in mainland series are all very young and fresh faced and never wear so much eye make up. tavia and myolie really have it caked on in that photo.

#7 Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,224 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Why not? Its better pay and chance for fresh collaborations! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users