AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Mariah Carey: 'I didn't know Nicki Minaj sang'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 sChiZoO14

sChiZoO14

►DMJ♥CSY◄

• News Crew
  • 37367 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

Mariah Carey has claimed that she didn't know Nicki Minaj was a singer.

Responding to comments that her fellow American Idol judge had recorded a song about their recent feud, Carey claimed she didn't know Minaj could sing.

On the track, titled 'Hell Yeah', Minaj sings: "I'm quick to check a b*tch that's out of line/ Why these bums so mad that the queen on Idol?"

Carey told Barbra Walters on ABC News: "I don't know. I don't know what she's singing. I didn't know she sang, I thought she rapped or whatever.

"I think [Idol] is a classic, classy show and it didn't need this. I really think it was just a crass moment."

She added: "For me, this is ultimately about the kids, the contestants. I've been blessed to live my dream more than half my life so I want to help give that back to someone else."

The new series of American Idol starts on January 16.

Carey recently performed three concerts in Australia - her first shows in the country for 15 years.

dS

#2 Marxondates55

Marxondates55

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

It was hilarious between the rivals of Nicki and Mariah. Though, Mariah is right, Nicki is not good in singing. She is just a trying hard singer unlike Mariah that she sings well.

#3 Meow ♡

Meow ♡

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Sounds like she's mocking Nicki and she thinks she's all that.

#4 LightSpeed

LightSpeed

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

I watched the first episode and Dame they were both annoying. Shut up! And just let the person sing! There are just too many talking and arguing. The best thing about the audition is to see these people make fun of themselves. Switch off for me.

#5 Ait Wang

Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2259 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

I think their bickering is just a show to catch attention. Maybe
I don't have an inkling if they dislike each other ever since.

#6 Mittelschmerz

Mittelschmerz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Not even their staged bickering can help with the show's ratings. I heard AI just hit their lowest rating with this season.

#7 Ait Wang

Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2259 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, that's true. I was lurking at an AI thread and they mentioned the low ratings. That thread now seems quiet unlike before. I hope I can catch the show one of these days because I love Mimi. :)

#8 cho_cho

cho_cho

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

I seen American Idol already, and I'm so ready at this point that it needs to end! Sorry people but it does!! Love Randy though but with Mariah thinking that she's the princess of it all, gosh it makes me want to smack her. Look Mariah, you are a legend, but don't be actin like you're rich and what not. You haven't done a record since when....2010 or what not? Tone it down and please why the hell thought that it was a good idea to have both Mariah and Nicki together? Cause I can already tell you that it's gonna be a hot mess. I mean, a really "hot-mess".

#9 Ait Wang

Ait Wang

xoxo Mr Wang

• Forum Crew
  • 2259 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

^ Mariah ever since feels that way. Sis and I think that shes a b*tch but since we love to sing and during high school and college her songs were beautiful, so we adored her. We kept singing her songs and bought her albums. Because of that she was one of the artists who push us to love singing more, enhance our talent and share it. :)

#10 Marxondates55

Marxondates55

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Yeah.. Mariah on the rule. It was right, Nicki doesn't sing because she only rap and making noise.