AF needs funding again

Photo

When is John Ma and Alex going to get together?

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 two piece

two piece

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Ah... i've been chasing after this sitcom, part of the reaason is for the both of them.... but seems like there's no development between the two.... :(

And in fact, there's less and less screentime for Alex... so sad....

#2 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3199 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Yes, many people have the same question too... I was also hoping that FINALLY something was going to develop between them from the moment that John and Alex started to act like a couple in front of grandpa Chan, but no. I know there are still many episodes coming up and things with Ching Ching have to end up for once and for all first but dang it's taking sooo long!

Edited by Seoshi.love., 22 February 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#3 two piece

two piece

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

haha yeah! Finally there were more scenes for the 2 of them! And ep 205 was so cute when Grandpa Chan forced them to kiss :P

Oh so does John Ma still likes Ching Ching? It seems that he actually still have feelings for her but he still keeps a distance away from her? Is it just simply cos of her father? I missed out all the earlier eps so didnt know what exactly happened btw them...

#4 chco115

chco115

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

SPOILER! well not really if you've watched it already but

Spoiler

i really hope these two get together...but there were rumors that alex will get reduced time as queenie (alex) was being a bit...i dont know, being bossy/had a lot of opinion and thus her time got reduced..
hope its not true tho =( i dont like ching ching with john!

haha yeah! Finally there were more scenes for the 2 of them! And ep 205 was so cute when Grandpa Chan forced them to kiss Posted Image

Oh so does John Ma still likes Ching Ching? It seems that he actually still have feelings for her but he still keeps a distance away from her? Is it just simply cos of her father? I missed out all the earlier eps so didnt know what exactly happened btw them...

well basically to cut things short, john was supposedly a police in training but he had to sell his gun to help ching ching's brother's gambling debt. and because her brother didn't want his dad to know, john took the blame of 'getting kicked out' of the police academy because he sold his gun. SO, ching ching's dad has been pissed off/hated john since then...but its all resolved now.
  • two piece likes this

#5 two piece

two piece

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

me too mee too! I would like to see Alex and John together... i thought they were developing quite well, and in the earlier episodes, John Ma didnt seem to have feeling with Ching Ching anymore... and just as Alex starts to understand John Ma better, suddenly he was back with Ching Ching... so sad for her... :(

ya... looks like the rumour is true... seems like they're really reducing queenie's screentime now... :(

#6 daydreamgirls

daydreamgirls

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Forum Masters
  • 713 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Sorry to say this but i think John doesn't feel the same way for Alex when John always like Ching Ching.

Maybe Alex and John will end up together towards the end of the drama.

#7 autumnleaves8

autumnleaves8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

I really don't like John and Ching Ching together, but hopefully this is just a storyline which will eventually lead to Alex and John getting together.

#8 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

This is the only TVB one I'm watching now and they're really dragging it out with John and Alex thing. Well, I liked it thus far and I'm only on episode 177. SO haven't seen the part where John will get back together with Ching Ching BUT I don't like the idea either. I felt it was too weird that Ching Ching didn't confront him alone or tried to ask him if there was a different reason behind the misunderstanding ages ago. Yet she just let her father do all the talk and then regret years later? (And if I remember correctly - and forgive me if I didn't, but she was also on the whole "What have you got to say for yourself?" kind of thing before leaving too so there was no chance for him to explain.) I meant okay, her father was really protective and cared for her during that time and she must have felt the shock too, but how good was their relationship if she didn't even sneak out and try to confront him on her own (without her father yelling during the event), etc.

It's a shame that Queenie's scenes are getting reduced and I felt it too since she was appearing a lot more earlier with her own stories, etc. But now, it's just shared time at the office with the others. I'm fine with that since I love the office people, so funny, but wish Alex would still have some of her own side stories. (If Queenie's rude or whatever to the cast or crew, then okay, she could get her scenes reduced to get some message across. BUT having too much ideas? Or does that mean trying to hog the scenes? It's just a shame Alex's is getting the cut. If they change anymore of the script and make John end up with Ching Ching, I'm abandoning ship. I like Oceane, just don't like her character in here.)

Sorry for rant, out now...

#9 Cherie

Cherie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

I heard TVB doesn't like Queenie Chu, so they cut her scenes from being John's romantic interest to just a coworker. On the other hand, Oceane is highly liked by TVB.

#10 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

Awww...if that's really the cut, such a shame. AND they were so teasing us with putting all those cute scenes for John and Alex during the time they posed as bf/gf so Alex could interact with her grandpa, etc. I'm on episode 190 now. Still wan to be hopeful regarding their ending.

Edited by DTLCT, 07 April 2013 - 03:28 AM.

#11 chco115

chco115

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

there's still 30 episodes left! dont lose hopes guys!! a lot can change in those 30 episodes...here hoping that john and ching ching breaks up and he falls for alex in that time period...we've got this from tvb before...2 characters falling in love in like less than 5 episodes...haha!

#12 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

^ What a way to stay hopeful but I'm in! :loool: Would it end up too rush? I meant they did have some foundation with their past interactions but trying to steer toward romance? 5 episodes in a daily series is different from sitcom since isn't it just around half an hour each episode for this? But I guess I'm in with being hopeful as well. Like you said, a lot could happen in 30 episode so still keeping my fingers crossed.

#13 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3199 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Well, I heard the series is going to be extended for another 100 episodes... so yeah, there is still a lot of hope :P

#14 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Whoa...another extension? I'll try to think of it as needing time to build back foundation for John and Alex. :loool:

#15 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3199 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

Yep, maybe some extra time for Richard and Ha jie too :D but hopefully the extension really is meant for developing John and Alex' line. I actually gave up in them already when there were supposedly only 30 episodes left. For a sitcom it's pretty much impossible to set them up together, even though it's TVB we are talking about ;)

#16 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

I hear you, lol. Richard and Ha jie is my favorite couple after John and Alex, lol. SO hopefully. I want to give up too but I'm like so far into it, want to see the result. Curiosity is really killing the cat here. (Me in this case. Posted Image )

#17 themissingpiece

themissingpiece

♥ KhaFi

• Forum Masters
  • 4117 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

I'm with everyone, I'm a huge Alex & John fan and have been waiting for them to develop their storyline for so long! :) It's a good thing that I love all the other pairings in the series too so that it's been filling the gap in the meantime. But all signs are pointing towards the series getting an extra extension (and possibly even more than 100 eps) and the producer said that down the road, the focus will be on 3 lines (Alex/John/Ching Ching, Ha Jie/Richard, Leung Fun/Angel). So I guess we have to be patient but it's disappointing seeing how all the other pairings have gotten much more development than Alex/John. It does make it seem that the rumors were true on cutting Queenie's screentime, which is a shame since she's doing a great job as Alex. But newer rumors indicated that Catherine Tsang was pleased with Queenie's "behavior" during this period and she will get her screentime back.

At this point though, it is one sided from Alex. But I think they're going to show cracks in Ching Ching and John, because Ching Ching is still chasing after the "old" John - he's not like that anymore. I wanna see John jealous over Alex more than I wanna see Alex hurt by seeing John and Ching Ching.

But how rare is it (at least for me) that I enjoy all the other pairings in a TVB series?! From Ha Jie & Richard (definitely my 2nd), Damon & Amanda, to even Sing Gor and Angel!
  • *.marshmalloww and LemonTea- like this

#18 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

^ I have to agree on the rare few times that I actually like every pairing as well. And I want to see John jealous too. Maybe they should find Alex a boyfriend or at least a pursuer (a different one) that showers her with flowers,etc and John's curious at first about someone actually liking the "bossy lady" BUT that could lead to him spying on them later. Okay, my fan fic mode in place. :loool: But that would be funny. Probably too far-fetch but I guess I could dream while waiting to see what's up next.
  • themissingpiece and sport like this

#19 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3318 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

I am sooo waiting for them to get together too, and I'm not even following this. I've been waiting for that day to come so I can finally go back to watching this drama!
I also think they are definitely going to show cracks between Ching Ching and John. In the recent episodes that revolve around them, (from what I am reading from the summaries), I think they ARE showing how they don't exactly belong together.
For sitcoms, I know they can change their plans in the middle, but I think they are still going to put John and Alex together. I just hope it's not going to be until the very last episode.... ;'(((
  • themissingpiece likes this

#20 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

*.marshmalloww:
I know! I hope it's NOT the last episode as well. Because that wouldn't make sense. Though they have some sort of foundation and I'm on episode 200 right now, seeing that some of the earlier ones, Alex's starting to like John. Or at least there's traces of it. But if they don't tie it together with his side and suddenly he likes her, that would be weird.

Edited by DTLCT, 10 April 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#21 chco115

chco115

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

i think based off of just the poster of the series alone,alex and john have to get together! it just wouldn't make sense other wise ><" though i know they do tend to change the storylines in the middle, i just hope they stick with alex and john at the end !

#22 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3199 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hmmm... based on my personal 'experience' with TVB, I do believe John and Alex will get together. John and Ching Ching getting back together again was probably a necesary part of the story for both to realise they don't suit each other anymore (as lovers), break up and remain good friends without the romantic feelings. Had they not, then John would not be able to date Alex without any lingering feelings for Ching and Ching would still stick around John. It could become a very messy love triangle!

#23 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

^ Agreed. I guess it's essential to resolve past regrets or whatnot after they found out about how John had taken the blame for Ching Ching's brother. I'm just impatient, lol. :loool:

#24 two piece

two piece

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

hahaha... yeah! It's great to see so many supporters for John Ma and Alex!!! i was actually getting quite disappointed and also giving up on them already... I really dont like Ching Ching at all... her voice her looks her character in this sitcom... and yesh! after these few weeks of "cooling period" (not much of John Ma/Alex scenes), I'm placing my focus on Richard and Har Jie too!!! The 2 are quite sweet and cute togehter :P

heee basically i luv all the pairings here too! But too bad, i think Zhong Biu is out of this sitcom already is it? It was quite sad on his character, it's like Amanda has almost accepted him already :(

Anyway, another extension? Hmm maybe a little draggy but i dont think I'll mind as long as they keep up the standard... this is the best sitcom from TVB so far, i really enjoy it, and hope they will continue to focus more on the office happenings rather than the Ma's family though :P

#25 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

two piece:
OMG, my mom and I have been following this and our favorite parts are the office scenes as well. I like the Ma family too, but it's like not as entertaining or as funny as when it's focused on the office. Plus, the bonus was seeing more of John/Alex (or could be hopeful since they do work together) and Richard/Har Jie, etc.

#26 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3199 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

LOL so many viewers here are the same, 'only' watching this for John/Alex, Richard/Ha jie :P I like the office stories better too! Not that I dislike the family stories, but I remember skipping the sitcom for weeks because of the focus on Ma Keung and his wife. Yep, I still don't know what happened between them in the end.

#27 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

^That was one of the reasons it become a drag for me with the Ma family. I hated that storyline with Ma Keung and his wife fighting though found Jack and the other girl cute. But not to be too off topic, office stories are funnier for me, they're just plain nosy and pick on one another, but quite united once someone among them got bullied by outsiders. And there were times when they ended up on disagreements too. Yet it wasn't as frustrating as some other parts.

- Oh yeah, I just remember the reason I was so impatient with John and Alex parts. That one time with them getting to go on vacation (or something?) and John kept switching rooms that confused Alex and she got into the wrong room. They almost got caught by the others when they ran out during the 'fire alert'. I guess that awkward moment got them into understanding one another's situation more. (Or more like Alex was less fierce toward John from there on, etc.) But wasn't time for other developments yet. Still...

#28 themissingpiece

themissingpiece

♥ KhaFi

• Forum Masters
  • 4117 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

^ I think that the seeing each other naked was the beginning of John & Alex, but I don't think that was the turning point per say. Alex's views were always evolving as she interacted more with John but I thought it was really the grandpa story when she really began to see the "real" him behind the butter mouth of John's Posted Image And the ep when she tried to convince John not to get involved in the case with the guy trying to swindle Ching Ching's dad and she was explaning to Nam Nam that John was just very "sor" and not bad - was when I really got the sense that Alex fell for John already. I loved that scene, Queenie did such a good job!!! But when will John see more to Alex?? Posted Image

But the problem was that there was such a huge gap btw that ep and then when the John/Alex story started "picking" up again (when Alex's grandpa line started) and during this time, they added in the Ching Ching story - it got all the fans anxious and impatient. It felt for a good chunk of the middle their whole story got dropped. But even now, there are so few John/Alex eps Posted Image We're lucky to get even 1 ep a week let alone consecutive eps on them.

Haha basically everyone feels the same, even the HK netizens. Everyone loves loves the firm stories and characters and the Ma family lines are boring/skippable (I think only Lau Dan & Florence's bro-sis relationship the only saving grace for the Ma family ones). Everyone in the firm has such great chemistry!! They're hilarious and jab each other but yet always stand united like DTLCT said. This is my favorite sitcom since Off Pedder and actually the firm is similar in chem as the magazine company in OP.

I'm really hoping for the extension cuz I don't see a good way to wrap up John & Alex and all the other storylines (start Water & Ah Yau please!!!) with the amount of eps left. It's true that the extension might drag out the story more and add in more conflict for the sake of conflict esp for Ma family, but I would take all of that just to spend more time with Cha Li Si firm! But while the news made it seem like such a done deal about the extension, either the cast is playing the fans or the rumors were untrue that I'm a bit worried..Max & Glen's weibos kept mentioning how there's not much eps left in filming...Posted Image

heee basically i luv all the pairings here too! But too bad, i think Zhong Biu is out of this sitcom already is it? It was quite sad on his character, it's like Amanda has almost accepted him already Posted Image

I'm the only Damon & Amanda fan?

And for all the other Ha Jie/Richard fans, the ep summaries for next week look gooood Posted Image

Edited by themissingpiece, 12 April 2013 - 11:57 PM.

• DTLCT likes this

#29 LemonTea-

LemonTea-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

I feel the exact same as you guys! Actually, its not even just me, my mum and my sister are all rooting for Alex and John to end up together :P I swear TVB is taking its time to develop their relationship on purpose to increase viewers knowing everyone ships John and Alex Posted Image

But I really hope the news with cutting Queenie's screen time and being 'replaced' by Ocean Zhu isn't true because I really like the character Alex and Queenie's acting. I would hate it if John ended up with Ching Ching instead :(

#30 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

themissingpiece:
You're right. Alex have been changing her views based upon her interaction with everyone at work and especially due to her roommate's wacko behaviors, lol. I totally agreed about the part where Alex was explaining to Nam Nam what was going on, or she tried to. Could totally see her caring for John more than just co-workers. She really wanted to stop him yet was at the same time touched by what he was doing for Ching Ching, etc. The more we discuss, the more I get anxious too. It's like "when will John see more to Alex than just the bossy lady?" (Or he did see the side where she was really caring toward her grandpa but nothing more thus far.) The part where they were practicing to be boyfriend/girlfriend cracked me up so badly. Both were exaggerating so much, trying to be close that they couldn't stand it anymore. :loool:

Agreed with gap! Took sooo long for anything to happen between them. Wah....(Can't stop myself from agreeing with you but Lau Dan and Florence's sibling relationship made it better for those Ma family moments too. At first I didn't mind the others BUT after the whole Ma Keung and his wife conflict, I didn't care for those family scenes anymore.) So ironic for "Come Home Love" when we enjoy the office scenes more, lol.

So the extension might be rumor after all? Noooo, how in the world are they going to make the John and Alex pairing work? Now I'm hoping that there's an extension. OR are they cutting Glen out? HOPE not. I was thinking what happened to Ah Yau and Water as well. They were teasing us with that from time to time, but it seemed to disappear after that one episode with Water's trip.

You're not the only one rooting for Damon and Amanda. I felt they match more. Though I was sort of against it at the beginning because I felt it was a big irony with them divorcing and then getting back together. The scenes later on made it tenfold funnier with their constant banter. Amanda often outwitted him in stuffs made it so hilarious. Then the rest of the firm would jump in to take sides (on their own time of course, wouldn't there to talk about the two parties in front of them). Then John would get all nosy and Alex yell at him. Okay, getting way off but the people at the firm are just sooo funny. (Oh yeah, thanks for updates in Richard/Ha Jie).

#31 two piece

two piece

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

haha... actually i like Amanda and Damon pairing too... just a pity that they have removed Zhong Biu's character... basically i like all the pairings in this sitcom, EXCEPT John/Ching Ching pairng Posted Image

And Ching Ching screen time has been increasing... she even appears in Richard/Har Jie's story... gosh... i really dont wish to see her around... but too bad... seems like quite a lot of HK netizens are supporting John/Ching Ching pairing...

Oh and in the recent episodes, Alex seems like do not feel anything more whenever Ching Ching is mentioned already.... :(

Edited by two piece, 15 April 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#32 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3199 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Alright, so today I checked Come home love's tieba and some netizens found a picture that MIGHT contain a huge AJ related spoiler! Check out the bts picture posted on this page http://tieba.baidu.c...886943522?pn=43 . Do you think it's AJ?

#33 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

OMG, is the guessing game on? LOL! It might be? Posted Image

#34 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3199 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hahaha yeah, people are getting nervous over whether it's going to be a Alex/John or Ching/John :P I don't know, I think the guy looks like John but not so sure about the girl!

#35 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

That's the grand mystery all right. I agree, we were able to see John more clearly in the picture. The girl got blurry out on purpose. Both girls have short hair, right? I almost forgot that about Ching Ching so I was getting excited. Though Ching Ching's hair length is a tad longer than Alex's. But Ching Ching could have do some fancy thing and have it put up. SO I was back to tearing my hair again, lol. Then I decided to give up. Yet still curious. :loool:

#36 two piece

two piece

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

omg.... hard to determine who are the couple in the photo.... guess we will only know the ans towards the end of the whole drama :(

#37 chco115

chco115

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Alright, so today I checked Come home love's tieba and some netizens found a picture that MIGHT contain a huge AJ related spoiler! Check out the bts picture posted on this page http://tieba.baidu.c...886943522?pn=43 . Do you think it's AJ?

from the look of it.... =\ it looks like its ching ching and its not alex.... just the face shape seem like its ching ching... Posted Image

#38 *.marshmalloww

*.marshmalloww

piko ♥ .

• Forum Seniors
  • 3318 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

^ IMO, it doesn't look like Ching Ching at all. Doesn't look like Alex either, except the hair maybe. Maybe it's not either of them OR John? Honestly, they aren't done filming this, so I am kind of doubtful there would be a wedding so fast already?

EDIT: Pretty sure I'm right. Answer is here :

Posted Image

The picture is just like a promo picture for the wedding company. It really doesn't look like John Ma to me that much

Edited by *.marshmalloww, 30 April 2013 - 04:36 AM.

#39 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

*.marshmalloww:
Mystery solved! LOL! I guess some of us were panicking? :loool: Thanks for the cap! That explains it now!

#40 Sarennite

Sarennite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

It actually is them.

Posted Image

"As for Queenie Chu, Lai Lok Yi revealed that they will continue to act as business rivals onscreen."

Source:http://www.jaynestar...come-home-love/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users