AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Am I pretty enough to become a TVB Actress?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 icysakura

icysakura

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

First off, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm new m( _ _ )m

So...I've always loved acting and I'd love to do it for a career~
And I know looks isn't everything, but it is a pretty significant part...

Do you think I have the looks to become a TVB actress? (please be honest, but not rude)

About me~

Height: 5'3 feet, or 162 cm (I think this is like...the minimum female height)
Weight: it's a secret xD
Ethnicity: Chinese/Korean mix (mostly Chinese tho)
Languages: Mandarin, English

Also I'm probably too short to enter the TVB pageant, I guess I could take the training course but there's no info on that online and Tavia's the only one I know who went there. Any way to get noticed? Do they do open auditions?

I have more photos but am currently too lazy to look.

Edited by kei_chan06, 14 October 2013 - 07:36 PM.
removed photo, requested by TS

#2 Schlong

Schlong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Don't go to TVB, you won't get international recognition, head over to Korea and become a K-pop idol, I guarantee if you enter a good company like SM or YG you will have millions of fans from all different nationalities and ethnicities around the world. In TVB, you'll only ever get a handful of Chinese fans.
  • hlee13 likes this

#3 hlee13

hlee13

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hey maybe in the future if the new television station HKTV becomes super successful, you might find some luck there! I agree with Schlong. TVB right now is not the best choice.

#4 Meow ♡

Meow ♡

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Stay away from TVB!

P.S: Most of TVB actresses aren't that pretty anyway.
  • hlee13 likes this

#5 sophieloke

sophieloke

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Sorry for saying this, you are more suitable for playing roles like what Yu Mou Lin has been doing all these years or even worse, minor supporting roles with short screen time and no dialogue.

#6 icysakura

icysakura

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Sorry for saying this, you are more suitable for playing roles like what Yu Mou Lin has been doing all these years or even worse, minor supporting roles with short screen time and no dialogue.

Well I don't know who she is, but I googled and this was the first image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is a direct quote from her Wikipedia page, "Often, she acts as a street cleaner or a betweenmaid or a country maid or something else. Anyway, she is some kind of a licorice actress. Because she is pretty ugly yet always appearing on TV, almost all people in Hong Kong are very familiar with her and she is thus the representative of ugly women of Kong,[2] but Yu never minds."

I may be no Fala Chen, but I am not ugly.

#7 silveria

silveria

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

With make up, you will look good enough since most tvb actresses aren't that pretty anyways.
But maybe you may want double eye lip surgery and also fix your lips. Looks like your lower lip is thinner than your upper lip and no cupids bow. Unless you don't mind everyone on the Internet calling you sausage lips or even worse.
but most important, can you act?

#8 frenchfries

frenchfries

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

This is not the first time I've seen you ask this question..

Your real hair is showing from underneath that photoshopped wig! Did you photoshop your face as well? Is that why you have such lumpy skin and disproportional lips?

But to answer your question, yes you are pretty enough for TVB with the right make up and hair, probably prettier than everyone at the Miss HK pageant this year but getting recognized at TVB requires Christine Kuo level of looks, luck, talent or connections. You are only 14 years old, TVB seems like a nice fantasy but realistically it's not something you want to achieve, the little amount of money and fame is not worth the hard work.

I wouldn't try the Korean market either unless you don't mind getting botox injected into your nose, eyelid surgery, etc.

#9 GFS

GFS

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Your looks don't stand out enough right now. Maybe it is because you don't have makeup on? But even if you were really pretty, becoming a TVB actress is still not easy. Pretty girls in Hong Kong are like dime a dozen and you would have to compete with them. Another problem is that you don't speak Cantonese. If becoming a TVB actress is really your goal, then you should wait until you are 18 and try out for a Chinese pageant if they have one in your area. In the meantime, concentrate on your school, take acting courses if they offer it at your school and learn to speak and read Cantonese. There are lots of online websites that can help you with that.

Another route is the TVB training classes, but that would require you to move to Hong Kong. It really depends on how serious you are about this. If you can't get the leading roles, would you be willing to settle for secondary or small roles in series? If becoming a TVB actress is really your dream, you should give it a try after graduating high school. If it doesn't work out, you can go to college and pursue other dreams. Either way, good luck!

Edit: I forgot to mention that the working hours at TVB are brutal. I've heard stories where actors can go without sleep for like 3-4 days sometimes. The work schedule is very taxing on the body physically and mentally. It would be a big sacrifice and you wouldn't get to see your family often. And since you don't speak Cantonese, you will need to work twice as hard as native Hong Kong people. But don't let these things sway you away if this is still your dream. Just make sure you give 100 percent and if it doesn't work, at least you tried. That is better than wondering about what could of been if you never try.

Also, it is very hard to get into the industry without connections and to become a leading actress is even harder.

Edited by GFS, 09 March 2013 - 05:06 AM.

#10 S. Ngai

S. Ngai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Don't go to TVB, you won't get international recognition, head over to Korea and become a K-pop idol, I guarantee if you enter a good company like SM or YG you will have millions of fans from all different nationalities and ethnicities around the world. In TVB, you'll only ever get a handful of Chinese fans.

So true. Preach it!!!

#11 CherryFlinstones

CherryFlinstones

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

You'll have to be quite extraordinary in some field (vanity or acting) to gain popularity. Then MAYBE TVB will notice you enough to do some promoting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users